Any Liquor store RMS Users

Are there any Liquor store using RMS ?
Is anyone willing to share some of their best  practices, some ways they do
things.
 Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS,

Few questions i have
How is your inventory kept?
  Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a
parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc)
Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having
parent/child relationship

How do you cover  the need for extra fields needed
Size
Price per ounce
Type,
Proof
Verital(types of wine or spirits)
producer/ Country of origin
Region

Any other tips
Anyone willing to share a sample database ?
Any input wild be greatly appreciated

Robert

Robert4087 (350)
8/28/2008 4:27:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hey Robert,
I have been using RMS for my liquor store since 06.  I have developed many
ways to make life easier for me.  Too many things to post so if you will look
my # up on the internet and call me then we can exchange email addresses I
would be glad to assist you where i can.  Crossover Liquor  Fayetteville
Arkansas,

Matt

"Robert" wrote:

> Are there any Liquor store using RMS ?
> Is anyone willing to share some of their best  practices, some ways they do
> things.
>  Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS,
>
> Few questions i have
> How is your inventory kept?
>   Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a
> parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc)
> Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having
> parent/child relationship
>

> How do you cover  the need for extra fields needed
> Size
> Price per ounce
> Type,
> Proof
> Verital(types of wine or spirits)
> producer/ Country of origin
> Region
>
> Any other tips
> Anyone willing to share a sample database ?
> Any input wild be greatly appreciated
>
> Robert

crossover (11)
8/28/2008 6:37:03 PM
On Aug 28, 9:27=A0am, Robert <Rob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Are there any Liquor store using RMS ?
> Is anyone willing to share some of their best =A0practices, some ways the=
y do
> things.
> =A0Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using R=
MS,

> Few questions i have
> How is your inventory kept?
> =A0 Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having =
> parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc)
> Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having
> parent/child relationship
>
> How do you cover =A0the need for extra fields needed
> Size
> Price per ounce
> Type,
> Proof
> Verital(types of wine or spirits)
> producer/ Country of origin
> Region
>
> Any other tips
> Anyone willing to share a sample database ?
> Any input wild be greatly appreciated
>
> Robert

Hi..we have several Beer, Wine & Liquor stores.  We provide a web
integration and part of that gives you a piece of software that not
only allows you to edit RMS values, we give you several other fields
and the ability to create whatever fields you want.  These fields can
all be rendered on the webstore as well as added to RMS reports.

Check out:
www.amazinggrapes.com (see search by winery and search by varietal).
www.adelswines.com
http://www.salutewinemarket.com/store/

If you'd like to hear  or see more give us a call..

Todd
www.nitrosell.com
619-446-6718
0
todd.jensen (109)
8/29/2008 2:45:42 PM
Robert,
We specialize in Beer, Liquor and Wine resellers sporting more than 50
stores.  Both myself and the CEO of our company come from the liquor
industry so we feel we have a pretty good insight in to the way you guys do
business.  We have also created a suite of tools that we have been built
specifically to address the needs of this industry from advanced purchasing
capabilities and supplier integration to age verification and keg
registration applications.

We feel RMS is a perfect fit for Beer, Liquor & Wine.  If you need any
assistance at all, please don't hesitate to drop me an email or give me a
call.

--
Thank you,
Ryan Sakry
"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there any Liquor store using RMS ?
> Is anyone willing to share some of their best  practices, some ways they
> do
> things.
> Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS,
>
> Few questions i have
> How is your inventory kept?
>  Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a
> parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc)
> Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having
> parent/child relationship
>

> How do you cover  the need for extra fields needed
> Size
> Price per ounce
> Type,
> Proof
> Verital(types of wine or spirits)
> producer/ Country of origin
> Region
>
> Any other tips
> Anyone willing to share a sample database ?
> Any input wild be greatly appreciated
>
> Robert

rsakry (322)
8/29/2008 3:23:52 PM
Our Age Verification & Data capture software works great with RMS for age sensitive products, easy integration with your POS. If you would like to have references of our clients using VeriAge Wizz with RMS - just drop me a line.

Free 30 days trial is available here:
http://www.idscan.net/products_veriagewizz.html

Best regards,

Denis P.
info@idscan.net
www.IDScan.net
0
Denis

New users not working or in address book
We just loaded up a new exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 domain. Everything seemed to be working fine: All our users have email accounts and email was sending correctly. That's when we found out 1 user could not log in. He had no email addresses in his account settings, so I added them manually. Now he can log in but is not in the addressbook. All new accounts created are not going into the address book. In the eventvwr, I am receiving 8270 errors and 8315 errors. The checkbox for allowing rights to propogate are all checked. Thanks in advance, Chris See...

Store.exe eats all the CPU power
Hello I have exchange 2003 SP2 and this problem. Store.exe takes 60-100% of CPU Athlon 64 3000+. It leads to long clients response and sometimes with time out error. This repeats about 3 times a day. User load is very low (8 users) I have tried to stop antivirus (NOD32) but it is still the same. Restarting service or rebooting server doesn't help. thanks, LV Check this out Why is Exchange Store.exe so RAM hungry? http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/08/02/206012.aspx Cheers oz Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www....

Information Store Service Stopping
Hi sbs 2003/exchange 2003. I get the below alert; MSExchangeIS service is Stopped. It seems to happen near or just at the end of the Veritas backup. When I go in to the server it is switched on. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > sbs 2003/exchange 2003. I get the below alert; > > MSExchangeIS service is Stopped. > > It seems to happen near or just at the end of the Veritas backup. When I go > in to the server it is switched on. > > Any idea what the problem could be? > > Thanks > > Regards Does i...

Public information store
Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the Directory Rights tab is grayed out. Any input would be appreciated -- Joe M On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:01:03 -0700, "Joe M" <JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the >Directory Rights tab is grayed out. > >Any input would be appreciated Its grayed out until you mail-enable it. ...

Previously deleted user shows up on meeting invites to former delegate
Here's the situation: User A was a delegate for User B's Calendar, inbox, and tasks folder. User A was able to send mail on User B's behalf, and manipulate User B's calendar and tasks. User A was deleted from active directories, and the exchange mailbox was removed. Now, when User B gets a meeting request, the user requesting the meeting gets a response back from the system indicating that User A no longer exists. We have checked permissions and delegates, and see no trace of User A anywhere anymore. Where are we forgetting to look? Are those meeting requests se...

Liquor store discounts
Hi, I have a Liquor Store that besides of all regular discounts, ie. 1 6 pack at 4.99, 2 6 pack at 7.49, etc They increase all the prices up 10% after 10PM. Any ideas on how to do it??? Does anyone knows a add on for Liquor Stores that would do this? Thanks, Sacha What about making a macro for a -10% discount? That would be the easiest way of doing it. "Sacha Favelevic" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Liquor Store that besides of all regular discounts, ie. 1 6 pack at > 4.99, 2 6 pack at 7.49, etc They increase all the prices up 10% after 10PM. > Any ideas on h...

Information Store Service stopped
Hello, Running Exchange 2003, SP1 Yesterday my Exchange Information Store Service stopped without warning and I don't know why. I restarted the service and that got exchange running again but I'm still puzzled as to what caused it to stop. It's never done this before (thankfully). I'm not near the 16GB limit - have 8GB DB size, have plenty of free disk space- 20GB on the DB partition and 10GB on the log partition as well as circular logging enabled. Also have daily backups of exchange. Event log had no errors leading up to it and the first "error" it logged was...

Public Information Store messages in MTA queue
The first server is in the process of being removed. After moving all mailboxes, public folders, the OAB, etc. and shutting down the Exchange Services on the first server the other servers are still sending Public Information Store messages to the first server. Does any one have any information on how to stop the server from sending the messages before I remove the first server in the site. TIA Vee did you delete all replicas of PFs on the first server? "V" <vmorgan@fhnsj.org> wrote in message news:uoIxKckyDHA.3116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > The first server is in the p...

Convert user mode handle to event structure?
I have a user mode dump from which I was able to find a questionable handle to an event and would like to view the event structure itself. Is there any way in WinDbg to get from this handle to the actual event structure? The reason I want to do this is because there is a list of 33 event handles being passed in from Outlook to a ntdll!ZwWaitForMultipleObjects. An exception is being thrown within this call that says to the effect that EXCEPTION_CODE: (HRESULT) 0x80000003 (2147483651) - One or more arguments are invalid I wanted to check the list of event handles to see whic...

New users not working on Front End OWA
I'm running Windows Server 2003 SBS with SP2 as my Exchange Back End and Windows Server 2003 Standard with Exchange 2003 SP1 as my front-end server. I've created a new user but cannot get it to work properly on the OWA if I'm going through the Front End server. So for instance - if I go to http://backend/exchange, the OWA comes up normally. HOwever, if I go http://frontend/exchange the user logs in but I get 404 errors on both the left and main panes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293386 Nue "Kelvin Kang" <...

Store.exe Crashing???
Have a problem with STORE.EXE crashing with the following Application Event Error: ================== Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 10/13/2004 Time: 9:47 User: N/A Computer: XXXX Description: Faulting application store.exe, version 6.0.6603.0, faulting module exchmem.dll, version 6.0.6603.0, fault address 0x000011b4. ================== Server is W2K SP4 / Exchange 2000 SP3 with all Roll Ups and patches. Problem started around 10 days ago. Occurs mostly during business hours and does not happen on weekends. We're out of ideas...

Safe user control hosted in IE 8
Hi everyone, Since Internet Explorer 8 has added its new UI-less URLAction to check the .NET MIME Filter, mscorie.dll, for content from the Internet zone (http://blogs.msdn.com/askie/archive/2009/05/22/net-control-no-longer-loads-in-ie8-in-internet-zone.aspx), i have to register my web server to the trusted site's list to load my user control (C# framework 3.5). But I can't touch the client machine's configuration, so i need to make this works without changing the Microsoft .NET Framework's configuration nor the IE's configuration. I try with a "Strong name"...

What kind of mail is stored here?
Hi all i have exc2003 SP2 and my directory E\Services\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vsi 1 is growing quite big. can one of you guys please tell me what type of mail is stored here and can i delete them as it is taking quite a bit of space. Thanks for your time there should be a badmail folder under vs1, you can clear out this folder. "Express" <expressremovethis@tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote in message news:uV6$Ewn8GHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > i have exc2003 SP2 and my directory E\Services\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vsi 1 is > growing quite big. can one of you g...

Has anyone use new integration between RMS and GP?
I am testing this integration and I need som help, but since last month I am waiting for any answer from comunity and nothing until today. PLease , If anyone knows something about this or have been testing this integration, I really appreciate your help. Thanks, -- Evelin. ...

RMS eCommerce Online Shopping Cart
Hi, does anyone know what's the cheaptest way to go with a shopping cart that also has a quality inventory and products integration with RMS? I would like to see if even having an online store will even be profitable as compared to our brick and mortar operations. Basically I want to hold off on the RMS integration option until my cart is up and running and hopefully making me some money too. What carts to you recommend that I can purchase first and do you have pricing seperatily for the RMS integration piece? I've just started my research and there are a couple out there that I...

How to move and Exchange 5.5 information store
Hello, I need to move the private information store (Priv.edb) to a new larger disk array. If I go into the Exchange Admin program,navigate to Configuration, Servers, properties of my server and then "Database Paths"; will changing the path definition ALSO move the IS to this new location? Thanks. -- tim Yes, but a better way is to run the Performance Wizard (perfwiz.exe) to move the databases. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > I need to move the private information store (Priv.edb) to a new larger >disk array. > > If I go into the ...

Liquor Database for MS Dynamics
Hi, we are a local company out of Wash DC, looking to upgrade some of our liquor store clients to MSPOS, and we are looking for a pre-built liquor database to work off of as a base. If anyone has any info please contact us at allenbus@abm-md.com or call us at 301.856.5050 and ask for Jerry in Sales. Thank You. ...

allowing users to change their row ONLY
I'm hoping to set up a master spreadsheet for a soccer team that woul allow players to input daily training on their individual rows. The would be locked out of inputting data on anyone elses row. This way the coach would only have to look at the master spreadsheet set up o the club web site to see who is following the schedule. Is thi possible. Thanks -- debr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- debra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2933 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

Displaying photos stored as .pdf's
We have an application which, by storing the paths and filenames in a table, can cause them to be displayed in image boxes on various forms. While most of the photo files we receive are.jpg's, some are .pdf's. Image boxes will accept a broad range of formats but, evidently, not .pdf's. Is there a way to display .pdf's in an image box? Or do we need an alternate type of control (OLE)? Or must we, perhaps, first convert them to .jpg's Many thanks for any insight available. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms...

Periodic (roughly daily) crashes of store.exe
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Server 2003 SP1 with 4Gb of RAM and the 3GB switch turned on. We have one public and one private mail store, each about 14Gb in size. For the last week we've been getting regular crashes of the store service - all exactly the same dll and address: Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, stamp 434353c1, faulting module ese.dll, version 6.5.7638.2, stamp 43433bbb, debug? 0, fault address 0x000094f3. Unfortunately the error reporting service then tries to dump ram to disk and fills the C drive, so I've had to turn that off :) Setting aut...

Import Wizard for Store Operations
I have an end user who wants to import new itemslookupcodes from the supplier catalog on a ongoing basis. Does someone have an add-on for this? Thanks, marc Not that I know of, but we could make one for you. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "phil" wrote: > I have an end user who wants to import new itemslookupcodes from the supplier > catalog on a ongoing basis. Does someone have an add-on for this? > > Thanks, > marc I know there is one out ther, cannot remember who I got it from, but if you send me your email address, I will send you a copy. It is called QSCimp I t...

How do I increase the mailbox store
Hello Everyone, I have a Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition. Can someone reply with a link to exact instructions how to increase the email attachments from the default size to a larger size inside the mailbox store on Exchange 2003 . Thank you. Joe Hi Joe, There is no Attachment size limit, but there is a message size limit which can be changed, see hee: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322679 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Joe" <jbcandullo(nospam)@mmadisonservices.c...

How many users can Access Support?
From reading the other responses in this website I gather that Access can support anywhere from 20-30 users at once as long as the database is split into a front and back end. Does that number include users who only have their front end copy open but are not using it? The impression I get is that the 20-30 figure applies to users who are actively updating records. I am hoping that as many as 35-45 users could have their front end copy of the database open, without freezing up the database, as long as no more than half of them are trying to work at once. Thanks for your help! Julian...

User reached Mailbox limit
Dear all, One of the user has reached the mailbox storage limit. And I have extend the storage from the AD to him. But there is still have error message when he try send/receive again. I have search MS KB and it said that there is a Reread Logon Quotas Interval vaule. How long will it take for the logon quota refresh? Or I still need to restart the exchange serivices to take effect? <= 2 hours unless exchange services are restarted. "ken5189" <ken5189@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF1ADA24-60FC-4AD2-9E5B-5822ABC2E1CC@microsoft.com... > Dear all,...

Importing External Data doesn't work for some users!?
Okay, I have a very simple workbook that pulls external data. The data comes from the company's reporting server which is exported as an .xls file. Nothing fancy. My workbook pulls that .xls file in using Import External Data (initially started using the wizard) and I've left all the defaults alone. Nothing fancy. Now, when my workbook is opened on my computer the import is successful and I see the first column and it contains company names and the following 3 columns contain numbers. I see everything I'm supposed to. Nothing fancy. When I open the same workbook on another u...