Allow quantity discounts to have a "Sell X for Y price", 3 for $5

Right now discounts only allow for specific price breaks or reductions.  It
should be more simple than that, it should allow the user to enter a discount
where if an item is sold in multiples as indicated in the discount a specific
price is allowed.  In an example an item regularly sells for $1.99 but you
want to be able to sell 3 for $5.00.  In RMS you can't do this.  You have to
create a discount of a quantity of 3 at $1.66 which when rung sells as $4.98
and there is no way to extend the decimal place for the prices entered in a
discount such as $1.6663 in order to get a rollover.  It should be simplified
to a quantity box and a price.  If that quantity is rung up on the POS Sales
Screen the amount should be whatever is in the price box.  RIght now it is
cumbersome for customers to use this feature to get specific prices.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=463f4ffb-46a6-420b-813d-60d19854f5bf&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Gregoire1 (1)
10/16/2007 7:01:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I suggested a similar function a year or more ago. When setting up discounts
we should be able to use 3 decimal places for the price. I have several
items I sell 12 for a dollar and can't set up RMS that way. What I had to do
was set up the items so that the selling unit was 12 and then if someone
only wants one or two we have to use .0833 as a single unit which I have set
up as a custom button. Not pretty but it works. I will vote for the
suggestion, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Craig

"Michael Gregoire" <Michael Gregoire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:463F4FFB-46A6-420B-813D-60D19854F5BF@microsoft.com...
> Right now discounts only allow for specific price breaks or reductions.
> It
> should be more simple than that, it should allow the user to enter a
> discount
> where if an item is sold in multiples as indicated in the discount a
> specific
> price is allowed.  In an example an item regularly sells for $1.99 but you
> want to be able to sell 3 for $5.00.  In RMS you can't do this.  You have
> create a discount of a quantity of 3 at $1.66 which when rung sells as
> $4.98
> and there is no way to extend the decimal place for the prices entered in
> discount such as $1.6663 in order to get a rollover.  It should be
> simplified
> to a quantity box and a price.  If that quantity is rung up on the POS
> Sales
> Screen the amount should be whatever is in the price box.  RIght now it is
> cumbersome for customers to use this feature to get specific prices.

> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=463f4ffb-46a6-420b-813d-60d19854f5bf&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0