Can you search through Purchase orders by item

Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search
for all things red?)

0
Ku (3)
4/26/2006 8:27:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Search only values, then replace
In Excel 2003, without using VB[A], is there a way go to all cells whose *value* contains the search string, then replace that string inside the cell with a replacement string if the cell doesn't contain a formula? If I search formulas, there are too many unwanted hits. Press F5 (GoTo), then click on Special, select Constants and Text (i.e. unselect Numbers, Logicals and Errors). Click OK, and this will then highlight those cells with values that are text. Then do CTRL-H (Find/Replace) and enter your search string and replace string and click Replace All - it will only affect the highlig...

Searching for reoccuring appoinment
I am using outlook 2003. When searching for a appoinment for this year (that is a reoccuring appoinment) is just tells you when the reoccuring starts not the specific date. Is there a way to see the date? ...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

search causes tab selection
I have an Access 2007 database of properties with a main form containing Tab controls (10 tabs) When I enter information in the search box of the main form and press enter , the tab control always jumps to 8th Tab (regardless of the data I input) - I want it to stay on the 1st tab Make sure that you alter the tab order of the controls, and the page order of the tabs. This can be done in Design View. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John O'Mahoney" <John O'Mahoney@discussions.microso...

Saving Windows Explorer "search results"
How do I save to file the actual search results (file names and details) from a search for files in Windows Explorer. When I save, all that is saved is the "keyword" for the search. I am using WinXP Home edition SP3. Let me Google that for you. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=save+search+results+xp "PSRumbagh" <PSRumbagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C0A2482-287F-4E9C-A49B-69AE245361C7@microsoft.com... > > How do I save to file the actual search results (file names and details) > from > a search for files in Windows Ex...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

How to Speed up this search?
I have written the VB below to search a genealogical database and make visible only those rows which have the surname of the enquirer. It works OK but is very slow; about 10 sec per 1000 rows so the whole search takes 2 mins. Can anybody see anything I am doing wrong? I initially used a For Each loop but that seemed to search about 64000 records. many thanks David Public Sub HideRows5() Dim FoundCell As Range Dim Searchword Dim Surname As String Dim RowCount As Single Dim RowNumber As Single Dim MatchCount As Integer MatchCount = 0 'Set all spreadsheet rows to visible else Find se...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

Help Searching WSS
Can someone point me to a link (or just tell me) how to use the search facilty against columns in a WSS document library. (We have the free version of sharepoint) The important question is; can you search a specific column? It works for Title in the form of "Title:Esimtate" but for other colums the syntax doesn't work. (e.g. "Status:Draft"). For my Status column how can I search it WITHOUT filtering? ------=_NextPart_0001_8A45AF72 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you're using WSS free version no you can't. In MOSS it ...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

where is the search feature to look up files by name?
I just got Word 2007 after using 2003 for a while. I want to search for a file by a word in it's name. I can't find the search option? Lois P wrote: > I just got Word 2007 after using 2003 for a while. I want to search > for a file by a word in it's name. I can't find the search option? The search mechanism has been removed from the Office dialogs and moved to the operating system. Press the Windows key and F at the same time to open the Find dialog. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknow...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Searching for Duplicates
How can I search for duplicate numbers on an Excel spreadsheet if I have several different tables of data side by side and on various pages with headers? Is there a formula or do I have to cut and paste the data into a new worksheet and then sort? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Luke wrote: > How can I search for duplicate numbers on an Excel > spreadsheet if I have several different tables of data > side by side and on various pages with headers? > > Is there a formula or do I have to cut a...

Is it possible to create an internal "search box" feature
I work for a college and we would like to put a "search box" feature on all of the pages for internal use. Is this possible to do in Publisher? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Search within workbook
Hi all, I am newbie with excel. Situation follows. I have a workbook with two sheets, each sheet has around 6000 rows(part number) and 6 columns (various prices for coresponding par number). This is a price list imported from Access. 1. I need to protect workbook(read only) for distribution and provid search option for entire workbook. (i.e. search for part number and result should be entire ro highlighted for that part) With ctrl-f default option is search "within a sheet" and I nee "within a workbook"as a default. 2. Should (and how) I create third sheet for search op...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Search Email Activity
Hi CRM 3.0 - SBE edition. I'm looking for a way to search email activity - in particular the Body content. How can I achieve this? I'm stunned this isn't clearly and easily available. Thanks, Ben Does anyone have any idea or suggestions how I can achieve this? Thanks Ben "LBIT" wrote: > Hi > > CRM 3.0 - SBE edition. > > I'm looking for a way to search email activity - in particular the Body > content. > > How can I achieve this? > > I'm stunned this isn't clearly and easily available. > > Thanks, > Ben H...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

Advanced Find Queries
Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem we are having... I want to do an advanced find on all our active accounts and not include the billing accounts. Our billing accounts begin with an asterik (*). So when writing the query, if I try and tell it to give me the accounts that don't begin with an *, it results in nothing. Besides changing the character to something else other than an *, is there a way around this? Wendy, The asterisk (*) is the CRM "wildcard" character. I'm thinking that when you search for this character, CRM may interpret this to me...

Slide advancement
Hi. I am running into problems with projecting my PPT show. The show runs just fine on my computer, but when I hook it up to a projector, it will display the first slide on the screen, briefly show the second slide and then revert back to the first slide. I cannot advance past the first slide. I've tried two different projectors so I figured it's either a computer or powerpoint issue. I have PowerPoint 2007. On 12/8/09 12:26 PM, in article 2154D43D-F7C5-4C81-B402-EDB545CC47A4@microsoft.com, "Worker Bee" <WorkerBee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Searching based on text
I am building an Excel to recall stats for TV sports. There are three workbooks, Home, Away and League. The league sheet has all of last season's stats. In all workbooks the player's name is in column A. Because each player has different stats based on his position, I want to select the columns returned based on a text string. Example: In cell A4 of the home sheet is the name JOE SMITH. In A4 is the text CB. In cell B5 is the name JOHN DOE and in B4 the text QB. For the CB it needs to return stats from column G, H, J and N based on the player's name. For the QB...

Advanced Financial Report Calculated Field
I am customizing a P & L for a client using AFA and I am trying to do a simple subtraction between rows but it's been a while since I have had to use AFA and can't remember how I can do a simple row calculation without using a User-Defined Column. I just want to calculate the Net Income (Income - COGS) and I tried the TOTAL Row type, but the only function type available with the TOTAL field is addition. Can someone guide me in the right direction with Calculated Rows in AFA? My AFA is rusty but isn't "Income" a credit balance and "COGS" a debit b...

Advanced SQL Query and Advanced Find
I need to add contacts to a marketing list based on an advanced SQL query, Advanced find does not offer the proper fields and joins. Is there an easy way to run the query outside of CRM and then somehow get the contacts into the marketing list? Create a Query using the "FilteredContact" view in CRM, it offers all the fields you need. Furthermore, in order to create marketing list against your query i suggest you do it using the webservice API. If you need help working with the API feel free to contact me at anytime I can certainly help you. Oshri Cohen Web: http://mymscrm3.blogs...