Additional Licenses

I recently purchased licenses for 2 additional lanes for a client's RMS Store
Ops system. They were sent a new (parallel) dongle. When they try to log on
to POS on the 2 additional registers the system acts as if it is still only
licensed for 1 lane & says register 1 already logged on. Is there something
they must to to have RMS recognize the additional licenses?
0
Bender (2)
10/12/2005 4:17:04 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might try uninstalling the dongle driver( rainbow) and reinstalling it.
So it sees the new one.

"Ron Bender" <Ron Bender@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased licenses for 2 additional lanes for a client's RMS
>Store
> Ops system. They were sent a new (parallel) dongle. When they try to log
> on
> to POS on the 2 additional registers the system acts as if it is still
> only
> licensed for 1 lane & says register 1 already logged on. Is there
> something
> they must to to have RMS recognize the additional licenses?

0
Rick5747 (287)
10/12/2005 2:16:59 PM
Ron,

Did you create your 2 new Registers in the Database Menu --> Registers -->
Register List and also changed the Register Number in the Store Ops
Admin --> File Menu --> Configuration --> Register Tab --> Number to 2 and 3
respectively.

Also make sure when starting up the POS machines that you start the POS that
is designated 1 first then start the others.

Rob

"Ron Bender" <Ron Bender@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased licenses for 2 additional lanes for a client's RMS
>Store
> Ops system. They were sent a new (parallel) dongle. When they try to log
> on
> to POS on the 2 additional registers the system acts as if it is still
> only
> licensed for 1 lane & says register 1 already logged on. Is there
> something
> they must to to have RMS recognize the additional licenses?

0
rob4235 (14)

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...

Using up my 3 licenses of MS Office 2004?
I have 3 licenses with my MS Office 2004... I installed it once... but awhile later I had to re-format my hard disk on my PowerBook G4... I re-installed MS Office 2004.... does this count as "1" load, or am I up to "2" loads? How does MS Office 2004 count installs in a case like mine? It doesn't care. Just keep reinstalling with the same number. 3 licenses means 3 people in the household can use the program at the same time, nothing whatsoever to do with how many times you install it on the same computer. On 2/18/05 5:03 AM, "sonkissed" wrote: > I ha...

Barcode Addition
I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? -- Maurice <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and > include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? An article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I would suggest that you read up on barcodes as there is way more to it than having a barcode font.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Sh...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Additional Licenses
I recently purchased licenses for 2 additional lanes for a client's RMS Store Ops system. They were sent a new (parallel) dongle. When they try to log on to POS on the 2 additional registers the system acts as if it is still only licensed for 1 lane & says register 1 already logged on. Is there something they must to to have RMS recognize the additional licenses? You might try uninstalling the dongle driver( rainbow) and reinstalling it. So it sees the new one. "Ron Bender" <Ron Bender@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6081F9C-FE5C-4146-A01C-9DB6...

please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses 01-12-05
I got this message please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses , found two solutions and none of them worked. 1. Restarting the Crystal Services 2. Putting Authenticated Users and Interactive to Users under Built'in section of ADUsers and Computers They didn't work. I still got the same message when I try to see a report. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Abdullah If you can get to it, https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875086 is the answer, but here's a short synopsis: Resolution 1 - Many errors can be solved by s...

Dongle and licenses
I am looking into purchasing the RMS 1.3 software for my business, but I have a few technical questions that need answered so I don't make any major mistakes along the way. I am going to purchase the software from an online retailer and do the customization myself, as I am good with SQL and client/server setups and feel that this challenge would be satisfying and fun; therefore, I won't work with a local partner. That said, here are my questions: 1.) Let's say at first I purchase 1 lane. I understand that I get 1 dongle that must be on the computer that starts the POS modul...

Presence Detection
HI, I am running Exchange 2K3 with Outlook 2003. I have precense detection working (Call Work etc...) I would like to add a link to my companies portal web page in the Additional Actions window. Currently it says "No additional actions found", so I assume you should be able to add tasks/actions here. Is this possible, if so how is this done? Thanks ...

addition
When I change a number in one of the cells the result won't change when I click "enter'". (this is in addition) press F9 and see what happens, if it calculates then you should do this: goto tools,options, calculations, set calculations to automatic -- davesexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519017 ...

Convert retail license to volume license
Hi Guys, Just installed a new terminal server for one of our clients and went to put Office 2007 Professional (retail) on it but it says that this version does not work with terminal services :( Upon looking into this, it seems that we need the volume license version for it to work - so my question is: is there any way we can convert our existing retail licenses (we have about 10) to a volume license edition that will work on the TS server (and will it cost anything?) ? I also read somewhere that it has to be the Enterprise edition of Office 2007 as well but is that true? Se...

How do I increase the number of additions etc.from 30
It appears that I cannot add up more than 30 cells at a time. Is this true and/or is there a way round it? Definitely FALSE. How are you trying to add? If your formula is something like =a1+a2+a3.. you may have hit the ?255 character maximum for a formula. If the cells you want to add are in a contiguous block(s) it would be better to use something like =sum(a1:z999). Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "leonperrins" <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44C1371C-30E3-4C3B-B898-7EBC257E2D22@microsoft.com... > It appears that I canno...

addition on a form
i need to add totals in text boxes to give me one total for all on the form Carl, Umm, not alot to go on... In the Form Footer put a Text Box with... =[Field]+[Field]+[Field] -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851E5E98-63B0-4145-953D-B34E21EB097D@microsoft.com... i need to add totals in text boxes to give me one total for all on the form O...

Math addition of fields on a subform
Hi I am trying to setup a data base that requires some math What I need to do is to work with fields in a sub form I need to take the Cost, ShopDrawing and Freight fields and add them together on the sub form I need suggestions on how to do this. Is VBA and option? Thanks Gary Hull Gary, Please indicate a few rows of sample data, and the result you'd like to see... if the suggestion below does not work for you. Also, my suggestion assumes that none of the values are unbound calculations. In a single record... =Cost + ShopDrawing + Freight In the subform footer.....

Differences in manual addition and Excel Addition
I was preparing a spreadsheet at work and after about 30 min of wondering what was wrong i noticed that excel had come up with the wrong addition. when i added it by hand it was a penny diff. im an accountant so it does make a diff. Im not sure how to put an attachment on this, but if someone could help me it'd be appreciated. ...

Licensing 08-20-07
Is anyone familiar with the European licensing model. We have a partner in Italy who just implemented CRM and they indicated their licensing is based on concurrent users, not named. If this is the case, why the difference here in the U.S.? -- Dave Stonesifer see Microsoft CRM Partner site or contact your Germany office for licensing. It is base on user not name base. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Dave" wrote: > Is anyone familiar with the European ...

Where do we send comments/requests for additional Dexterity functionality
I can't believe that in 2006, after years of IDE development, the Dexterity development environment is still so annoying. This e-mail is partially (mostly?) a vent, so take that into account... :) So I've got a window open to edit; got to add a few fields to it. The Toolbox has a handy-dandy list of tables that I can use to select particular fields, rather than going through my entire list of fields in the system. But unfortunately, I can only see the first 20 characters or so of the field or table names. So I figure, fine, I'll just expand my toolbox, and I'll be ab...

Additional Mailbox
i have the following code which will let me "use" the default mailbox in my outlook client $olFolderInbox = 6 $outlook = new-object -com outlook.application; $ns = $outlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI"); $inbox = $ns.GetDefaultFolder($olFolderInbox) after this it reads through each email and if the subject matches a criteria and unRead=True then it writes out to screen my problem is I have another shared/group mailbox that we call "Notices" and the script needs to go through the "Notices" mailbox instead, i have spent this afternoon trying to ...

additional email address email policy and additional domain
I need to create a policy in Exchange 2003 to add an additional SMTP address to each users account (based on firstname.lastname@domain.com) I also need to create a policy so we accept email from a secondary domain name. I believe these can both be done through a recipient policy. For example, currently I have a use named Joe Smith, his email is JSmith@ces.com. I need to create a recipient policy to additionally have the address of joe.smith@newdomainces.com. Do I need to create a new policy to do both, should I have two policies, or do I modify my current default policy? Can some one s...

License question
Hi Folks, I'd like to know, if I use a Excel interop to build excel files in ASP.NET applications, do I need to buy a license for the excel installed on the web server? Or should the licenses be bought only for the clients accessing the report? Cheers, Eric. ...

hours & minutes ADDITION IN EXCEL
i want hours & minutes in addition form in another two columns in exce as formate given below : A HOURS MINUTES 1 20 1 00 B TOTAL HR-MI 6000 45 6002 5 6003 5 Please reply on smasif228@yahoo.co +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: hrmin.JPG |Download: http://www.highdots.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=330 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- smasi --...

Additional mailbox
I want to make a user to view another user emails, with Outlook. Forward emails via Exchange is not good enough, because that way only the incoming mails he will be able to view, not the sent items. I tried to use the option "Open these additional mailboxes" on Outlook Account settings, that seems to be perfect, except that when the user view a mail, it is marked read both at his and the original owner of the mailbox. Is there a way to view the other user emails without them to be marked as read? In Outlook: Tools | Options | Other | Reading Pane | uncheck the following: 1. ...

end user license agreement
I have been using MONEY 2002 for some time now. About a month ago I received the message that "cannot display the end user license agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application". I haven't been able to get into money since. I didn't change any properties on my computer. For whatever reason I am no longer able to get into money. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall several times to no avail. Any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, Keisha wrote: >I have been using MONEY 2002 for some time now. About a >month ago I ...

Fixed Asset Manual asset addition(s)
When I add an asset manually into the Asset General Information window, the 'asset account' gets Debited, and the 'Clearing account' gets credited. What should I change the clearing account to? I don't think it should be to Accounts Payable, since this will only affect the GL control account and not the vendor sub-ledger. Any help ASAP is appreciated. -- Deesom What account is being debited when you record the invoice for the asset? That's the account that should be credited. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynami...