Additional Information in customer properties

Hoping someone can help here. We're using RMS with HQ and 5 stores. All
customers are global. In HQ manager, when I go to try and enter info into one
of the five boxes in the "Additional" tab under "Additional information"
under Customer properties they are all greyed out. Is this a setup issue or
an option? I think I wish I'd been around when they did set all of this up
.... but I wasn't. Also, any ideas how to update my user profile info for my
user name for this newsgroup? Thanks in advance as always!
0
SkipCycle (23)
1/4/2005 5:55:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Skip,

You have to name them first.  Any additional field that has a blank title
will be greyed out.

1. In Manager, go to FIle -> Configuration
2. Click the Captions Button on the bottom left.
3. Name your fields.  Leave the name blank if you want it greyed out.

Good luck,
Matt

"Skip_Cycle" <SkipCycle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hoping someone can help here. We're using RMS with HQ and 5 stores. All
> customers are global. In HQ manager, when I go to try and enter info into
one
> of the five boxes in the "Additional" tab under "Additional information"
> under Customer properties they are all greyed out. Is this a setup issue
or
> an option? I think I wish I'd been around when they did set all of this up
> ... but I wasn't. Also, any ideas how to update my user profile info for
my
> user name for this newsgroup? Thanks in advance as always!

0
mrocha (144)
1/4/2005 8:02:37 PM
HQ doesn't have an option to set captions - no idea why, maybe someone
should suggest they add it... I thought that you could do this by setting
Caption Values using SQL commands, but the HQ UI seems to ignore them.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Skip_Cycle" <SkipCycle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hoping someone can help here. We're using RMS with HQ and 5 stores. All
> customers are global. In HQ manager, when I go to try and enter info into
> one
> of the five boxes in the "Additional" tab under "Additional information"
> under Customer properties they are all greyed out. Is this a setup issue
> or
> an option? I think I wish I'd been around when they did set all of this up
> ... but I wasn't. Also, any ideas how to update my user profile info for
> my
> user name for this newsgroup? Thanks in advance as always!

0
glenn1806 (721)

toolbar customizations disappear
Hi, Excel 2000 on W2K Pro. Suddenly my toolbar customizations are gone. I can recreate them, but if I then close Excel (yes, after saving a workbook) and reopen it, I see them for a split second and then I'm back to the defaults. I found the relevant KB articles and I have an Excel.xlb file under Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel. I tried renaming it to Excel9.xlb, no joy. I tried deleting it, recreating the customizations, closing Excel, the file reappears, but on reopening Excel the customizations display the same behavior. How do I fix th...

Microsoft Exchange Information Store on E2k7 passive node
Greetings, We have 4 Exchange 2007 CCR clusters in our environment. The service startup type for the Microsoft Exchange Information Store has automatically been set to "Manual" - we know this is ok. We now see that the service is started on 2 of our passive nodes & stopped on the 2 other passive nodes. Should this service be started or stopped on the passive node? Would greatly appreciate if somebody could point me to a MS article for this... Thanks! Is it causing you any problems? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to ...

Business Portal and Custom SQL Queries? And KPIs?
Hi, GP8.0, SQL2000, BP2.5 I have a bunch of queries I created that return info specific to our needs. I was hoping to use BP to display the info that these queries return, however I don't see how to do this. * Is this something that BP allows? Or is there a way to do it? * I want to create various reports and an overall scorecard to display. * and how can I display KPI's? When my partner sold us the system he demo's KPIs and it was one of the things that sold me, but I see that KPIs is not listed as a module we own. THanks, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_B5208CD0 Content-Typ...

I need help with recalling information
Howdy all, I am attempting to make a Timesheet work book where people could lo their hours and such. One thing it has to be able to do is recall list of current jobs so that employees can list which jobs they wer working on. It would be ideal if this job data file were on our serve computer so that if changes need to be made to it all users would ge an updated job file each time they ran the worksheet. Can informatio on a seperate workbook be accessed over the network in the manner whic i'm looking to accomplish? I'm fairly new to all of excel, i believe that is the only question ...

Word 2003 documents do not retain formatting or customizations
I am using Microsoft WORD 2003, and I find that documents that I start, open, or edit in that program do not retain the formatting or customizations that I prefer to employ for them after I exit the program, but instead reset--WITHOUT MY WANTING THEM TO!--to the defaults. What's wrong here? --Parker Gabriel MAILTO:Parker_Gabriel@juno.com Hi Parker Gabriel, If you modify a style in a document and the change is not saved to the template attached to the document, the older style settings stored in the template will be applied to your document the next time that you open it....

User Fields on Customer Address screen
Can't see where do I set them up? Is there any way to set captions? Thank you, Ivan Ivan, These cannot be changed. Just about the only ones, most of the others are changeable. :-( -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Ivan" <ivan@mailgroups.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB4112A-01FD-4472-95EE-EC107A3C7B58@microsoft.com... > Can't see where do I set them up? Is there any way to set captions? > > Thank you, > Ivan Looks like modif...

Information service not configured
> Help! Does anyone know what's going on here? I keep > getting the following message when receiving mail: > > "This information service has not been configured. > Select an existing file to configure, or type the name of > a new file to create." > > If I hit OK (the only selection available) a dialog > appears with a list of .pst files. No matter which one I > select, I just end up back at the initial error message. > If I select cancel in the dialog, I go back and forth > between the error message and the dialog several times...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Help with a Custom Rule
Here's the actual scenario: A Windows Main folder with Subdirectories on the network: \\MyServer\MyEmail\TID(123) \\MyServer\MyEmail\TID(124) \\MyServer\MyEmail\TID(125) .. .. .. What I am trying to do is build a custom rule that sends emails to these folders So if an incoming email Subject is: TID(124) This is the Subject it keeps it in the Outlook folders, but sends a copy in *.msg format to the correct folder. A VBA solution is probably required. Are there any examples of this either using the above model or an example from a website? I've looked high and l...

Integrating with customer database
I am considering RMS -- but I need to be able to integrate our point-of-sale with an existing contacts (customer) database. We share our customer database with our fundraising databse, for example. The current database is powered by Informix SE. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. We have an import utility that will allow you to map and bring all your data in. If you plan to contiue using that database you can import he data periodically to keep the RMS data updated. Or better once imported keep the data all in RMS Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail R...

Excel
What I need help with is the following: I would like to have it so, that when I fill in information on one row in the main document (sheet 1), that the whole row (in sheet 1) automatically will be copy/pasted in the correct underlaying sheet per category (I have different sheets for different categories). In the main document (sheet 1) the information is divided into different product types in each row - however there are about 10 different product types / categories. When "product 1" is put into the main sheet it would be nice if this automatically is shown under the sheet &...

Customize quota message
Did a search on this newsgroup and came up empty. Anybody know if/how I can customize the automated messages sent to inform people of exceeding quotas? under the limits tab for the mailbox store properties i figured the Customize button might do it, but it's greyed out, even tough I have full permissions... i'm assuming it's therefore set at another level and keeps this one greyed out if you do. any idea where that other level is, and even IF that will allow me to customize the message? =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFuIFlvdW5n?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DA047C70...

custom AfxMessageBox and variable argument functions
I want to use a function of only one line( (I know I am bit lazy) like this to debug my app because before I used the following three lines(only two if I define csTmp as a member variable of my class) : CString csTmp; csTmp.Format(L"return %d", 10); AfxMessageBox(csTmp); So I want to replace it with only one call to Display( L"return %d", 10); //dummy example void Display(CString csLog, ...) { // please fill here because I have no idea on how to do that. } >So I want to replace it with only one call to > >Display( L"return %d", 10); //dummy ex...

POs suddenly missing information when printed
(Posted twice- forgot to include email) Users who were previously able to print a PO (Inquiry/Purchasing/Purchase Order Docs/...) suddenly printed POs which were missing: Vendor, Buyer, Last Changed, G/L Account #, and the space for G/L Account # was not in the right place. This happened after two users in Purchasing had been given new IDs, so access rights to reports and customized reports were double-checked and found to be intact. Then it was discovered that another user who's ID had not been changed (and who's rights belonged to another class which had rights to all repor...

what is the difference between auto fill and custom fill
I do not think "custom fill" is a truly valid term. Autofill is the process that uses data in adjoining cells to determine the contents of cells. This can be based on Excel's internal rules or the contents of Custom Lists. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

GPS Customization
Hello All, I am fairly new to Microsoft GPS. Could anyone please give me some guidelines on Customizing the exisiting Microsoft GPS solution. What are the tools that are needed to bring about customization and integration to the existing business portal built using Microsoft GPS? Any leads on this would be highly appreciated Regards, Kuldeep Have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/mbs_gpdevtools_introduction.asp VBA, Dexterity or Visual Studio are all options, it depends on what you actually want to do. David Musgrave [MSFT] Sen...

custom y error bars
Does anybody know how to deal with a bug in excel? I have office vX=20 for OS X.2.8 and I just updated office with the latest 10.1.5 update, = but=20 I still have this problem with trying to do custom error bars on a bar=20 graph. It basically comes up with a 'formula error' and when i get rid = of=20 the error box, it highlights the name of the sheet as being the error. = It=20 doesn't do this on every single file, just selected ones, only I don't=20 know how it selects these particular ones. It's extremely frustrating=20 and I thought upgrading excel would fix the prob...

NameLocal Property
I'm trying to create a localized name with the NameLocal property in the French version of Excel but it doesn't work. If I do the following: Names.Add Name:="Period", NameLocal:="P�riode", RefersTo:="=Test!$C:$C" NameLocal will have the same value as Name, that is "Period". Thanks! ...

Issues Importing Customizations
I have been working on a CRM implementation for months. For some reason I am now unable to import customizations. There is no error, it just stays on the import customizations indefinitely. I was able to perform the same task last week in under 5 minutes. I can export my customizations without issue - just cann't import customizations between my dev and production servers. Any ideas? Try importing the enitities in smaller groups or one at a time rather than all at once, to see if you can narrow down where the problem is occurring. If there is a particular entity that is causi...

Customizing Views
I would like to add fields to a view.How do I do this?? -- Cheers Art In CRM 1.2 go to Home Page > Settings > System Customization and click on the object for which you would like to modify views, such as Contacts or Accounts. In the customization screen, on the bottom right will be a list of the views. You can double-click a view to open the screen to edit it. There will be buttons on the right which let you add or remove columns. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "ART@CT" wrote: > I would like to add fields to a view.How do I do this?? > -- >...

CRM integration for GP: can't migrate customer data to GP
I'm testing a recent install of CRM integration for GP and am unable to create an account in CRM and have it migrate to GP. I can place orders for already-created accounts, just not create new accounts. I have the option to create an account "always" on - just to test. I see the following error message in the event log: _____________________________________________________ An error occurred in BizTalk Server. Details: ------------------------------ [0x015e] The XML document has failed validation for the following reason: Element content is invalid according to the D...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

Custom data validation problem
I would like to validate cells according to the following rule ... The cell can contain the following: A single zero "0" or a single period "." or a string of any length consisting of the letters R, W, B, L Eg all the following are valid 0 .. rrr bbbbb bbrrl l wrbblllrrrrbbbbbb The following are invalid 00 0r rrrbbbh ..rbl Is this possible using a custom validation? Thanks in advance. Neil How about: Data|Validation|Custom: formula is: =OR(A1=0,A1="0",A1=".", SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(lower(A1),"r",""),&qu...

Quote customize
Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an make some changes, where do I do that? Thanks Carlos If you are talking about the word merge document, you can open the quote.dot file (it will be in your user templates dir on your machine) and edit it. You need ot show the Field codes as most of the content is embedded in merge fields. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Carlos" <palcar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OG5d%23ElRHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an make ...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...