Adding the retail price to the purchase order

Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt without
looking up the item in RMS.
0
JackT (70)
9/19/2005 4:12:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jack,

You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.

Good luck,
Matt

"Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
> purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
> populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
without
> looking up the item in RMS.

0
mrocha (144)
9/19/2005 5:43:57 PM
How is that done??

"Matt" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
> > purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
> > populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
> without
> > looking up the item in RMS.

0
JackT (70)
9/19/2005 7:53:01 PM
I cannt see how to add retail price on XML PO format, but everything could be
if cloning a Crystal report.

"Jack T" wrote:

> How is that done??
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
> > > purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
> > > populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
> > without
> > > looking up the item in RMS.

0
Jason4159 (667)
9/19/2005 8:37:01 PM
Jack,

The file is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml

There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter those
yet either.  The value you will add is
PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice

Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I would
suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any errors.
It's in XML.

> How is that done??
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to
the
> > > purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be
able to
> > > populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
> > without
> > > looking up the item in RMS.

0
mrocha (144)
9/19/2005 8:37:49 PM
Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I basically
put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries section?

"Matt" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> The file is:
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
> Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml
>
> There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter those
> yet either.  The value you will add is
> PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
>
> Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I would
> suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any errors.
> It's in XML.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How is that done??
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
> > >
> > > Good luck,
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the
> able to
> > > without

0
JackT (70)
9/19/2005 8:55:03 PM
Jack,

You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price value
if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have to
know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy of the
original first, so you can afford to mess up.

> Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I
basically
> put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries section?
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > The file is:
> >
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
> > Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml
> >
> > There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter
those
> > yet either.  The value you will add is
> > PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
> >
> > Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I
would
> > suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any
errors.
> > It's in XML.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How is that done??

> > the
> > able to

0
mrocha (144)
9/19/2005 10:44:31 PM
tahts the best way . . .

we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry with
that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
barcodes the po will show you retail price

"Matt" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price value
> if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have to
> know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy of the
> original first, so you can afford to mess up.
>
> Matt
>
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I
> basically
> > put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries section?
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > The file is:
> > >
> > > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
> > > Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml
> > >
> > > There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter
> those
> > > yet either.  The value you will add is
> > > PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
> > >
> > > Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I
> would
> > > suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any
> errors.
> > > It's in XML.
> > >
> > > Good luck,
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > the
> > > able to
> receipt

0
adnan (24)
9/20/2005 2:26:05 PM
I still have been unable to edit the XML file as it will not let me copy and
paste or even retype in the text you gave me.  I have tried using notepad as
well as double clicking.  I can open the file but cannot edit.  Can you help
me with this?
"Adnan" <Adnan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> tahts the best way . . .
>
> we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry with
> that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
> barcodes the po will show you retail price
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price
value
> > if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have to
> > know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy of
the
> > original first, so you can afford to mess up.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I
> > basically
> > > put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries
section?

> > those

> > would
> > errors.

> > receipt

0
jack2047 (4)
9/20/2005 2:44:10 PM
Jack,

This example will allow you to replace the lookup code with the price
instead.

First, right click the file, copy , then paste a copy of the file in the
same directory.
Then right-click PO.xml again, go to properties, and uncheck Read Only.

In PO.XML replace PurchaseOrder.Entry.LookUpCode with
PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
Also, replace "Lookup Code" with "Item Price" or something similar that
you'd like.

Save the file and then try printing a PO again.  If you're still having
problems, or don't feel confident enough to attempt it, I would suggest
contacting a partner for help.

Good luck,
Matt

"JWT" <jack@mentortv.com> wrote in message
> I still have been unable to edit the XML file as it will not let me copy
and
> paste or even retype in the text you gave me.  I have tried using notepad
as
> well as double clicking.  I can open the file but cannot edit.  Can you
help
> me with this?
> "Adnan" <Adnan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > tahts the best way . . .
> >
> > we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry
with
> > that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
> > barcodes the po will show you retail price
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price
> value
> > > if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have
> > > know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy
of
> the
> > > original first, so you can afford to mess up.
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > basically
> section?

> > > those

> > > would
> > > errors.

> price
> to be
> > > receipt

0
mrocha (144)
9/20/2005 3:28:17 PM
Matt,
Thank you for your help.  Got everything to work properly.  I basically
changed Tax% to ItemPrice.  But in order to make the change, I had to
uncheck the Read only property, then I "open with" notepad, made the changes
and saved.  Worked perfectly!  Thanks Again!
Jack
"Matt" <mrocha@camicro.com> wrote in message
> Jack,
>
> This example will allow you to replace the lookup code with the price
> instead.
>
> First, right click the file, copy , then paste a copy of the file in the
> same directory.
> Then right-click PO.xml again, go to properties, and uncheck Read Only.
>
> In PO.XML replace PurchaseOrder.Entry.LookUpCode with
> PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
> Also, replace "Lookup Code" with "Item Price" or something similar that
> you'd like.
>
> Save the file and then try printing a PO again.  If you're still having
> problems, or don't feel confident enough to attempt it, I would suggest
> contacting a partner for help.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "JWT" <jack@mentortv.com> wrote in message
> > I still have been unable to edit the XML file as it will not let me copy
> and
> > paste or even retype in the text you gave me.  I have tried using
notepad
> as
> > well as double clicking.  I can open the file but cannot edit.  Can you
> help
> > me with this?
> > "Adnan" <Adnan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > tahts the best way . . .
> > >
> > > we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry
> with
> > > that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
> > > barcodes the po will show you retail price

> > value
> of
> > the

> > section?

> alter

> > price
> > to be

0
jack2047 (4)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

MSRP on Purchase Order
I need to get the MSRP on the PO (line details), how do I reference this field in the XML template? I've tried the obvious PurchaseOrder.Entry.MSRP but no luck even though PurchaseOrder.Entry.SubDescription1 etc works fine. Any help would be appreciated! PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5700EFC8-0041-4415-8E1C-D3C1664DF2C7@microsoft.com... > I need to get the MSRP on the PO (line details), how do I reference this field in the XML template? I've tried the obvious PurchaseOrder.Entry.MSRP but no luck even thou...

Order Management Business Portal
I just added Order Management to a Business Portal Installation and received this in the error log. Was there something I was supposed to do first? What do I do from this point? Feature Id: Order Management Internal Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\BPOrderManagementInternal Action: Activate Exception: There is no Web named "/BP/Sales". ...

ADDING A NUMBER

Default PO Price Different From Cost Prices in Item Card
The standard cost, current cost and the orginating invoice cost in the item card are all the same (£2.11). When creating a PO, the correct Unit Cost appears as long as the quantities have not yet been changed. However, once a quantity has been entered, the Unit Cost changes to another figure (£12.89), which we're not sure where it's being pulled from. Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any thoughts on this matter? Thank you If you have ordered this item before from the same vendor, you will have a vendor item card. That card records the last price...

How to set Tab Stop order programmatically?
Hi there, In a dialog, there are three controls: A, B, and C, the tab stop order is A -> B -> C, it is set in the design time. My question is how to change this order when the program is running, like change to A -> C -> B. Thanks in advance Vincent "Vincent" <msdn@cwbsupport.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:%23Utp8rC5DHA.2760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > In a dialog, there are three controls: A, B, and C, the tab stop order is > A -> B -> C, it is set in the design time. My question is how to change this > order when the program...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Purchase Invoices vs Shipment
Hello, I would like to seek advise on the best method to handle when quantity received is different from quantity in Shipment and Invoice. Example: Supplier deliver stock and Packing Note (Delivery Order) indicating 100 pcs of Item A. But upon, sotock count stock count, found the actual stock delivered only 98 pcs. Users wanted to reflect the actual quantity received during shipment as they do not want to over received 2 pcs which is not available. So, during shipment entry, they will receive as 98 pcs When invoice received shortly, the invoice shows 100pcs as well. When user perform Enter/M...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

BOM Pricing
I have a client using Bill of Materials in GP V9. Their inventory is valued using FIFO Perpetual. They want the Finished Good or Assembled BOM Product to have a price based on current cost (the sum of the current cost of the components). When we setup the BOM Item to use either of the 2 current cost pricing methods the price comes into SOP based on a historical FIFO cost tier (the sum of the historical cost from the FIFO cost tier of the component when the component was purchased) of the components. This is the opposite of current cost. If I change the components to LIFO valuation it ...

Prices set to Zero When Exported
Does any one know why my new store db store prices are all at $0.00 after exporting the store from HQ Administrator? Hi I have this problem before but when i creat worksheet style250:Update inventory-Item. It is fix try make it. "Darcy" <Darcy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83ACE9EA-5D44-47A9-B587-2F2D99E34C83@microsoft.com... > Does any one know why my new store db store prices are all at $0.00 after > exporting the store from HQ Administrator? Darcy, It crept into the program during one of their hotfixes. 1.3R fixes it. -- * Get Secure!...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Distributions
I have an issue with purchase order receipt distributions not calculating correctly. Here's a summary of the situation: GP Dynamics 9.0 Manufacturing is installed and we purchase and make the same items. We use standard costing with FIFO periodic valuation. The item with the problem is an item we make and we also purchase from Germany in Euros. The PO is setup to purchase the inventory in Euros for a specified amount. This amount is lower than our standard cost (standard cost is our cost to make the inventory via a BOM and Routings). When we receive the inventory, inventory is debi...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Purchases Amount in Purchasing Item Detail Entry
I am trying to develop a report in SQL Server Reporting Services that will select items based on the account. However, I can not find where the "Purchases Account" field on the "Purchasing Item Detail Entry" screen is in the database. Does anyone know the table and field physical names for this data item? I am on V10. Thanks. Hi Dan, GP SDK in CD2 will guide you on the transactions flows and which table/s each processes pass through. Here's what immediately pops to my mind regarding your query: Purchase Order POP10110.INVINDX POP30110.INVINDX ...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...