Account Tender for Work Order Deposits

The work order system needs to be able to use an account tender to pay for a 
deposit.  The business need is a customer who has the ability to charge in 
RMS who wishes to start a work order.  For example, a lighting store has a 
builder who they allow the charge.  The builder sends their customers to the 
store to select their lighting needs.  The builder will provide the store 
with an allowance for the customer to use for their lighting needs.  This 
allowance is the deposit that need to be tendered using an account.  
Currently, I can not enter this deposit and pay for it by charging it to an 
account.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73a220c2-c819-4459-ac32-1a898c35f98c&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
11/2/2005 3:42:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
643 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

It'll never happen, and this is why:  Tendering a deposit on account is 
completely imaginary.  Either they made a deposit or they put it on account.  
If you didn't get real money, then they didn't make a real deposit.  Do you 
require a deposit or don't you?

For example:  an account client special orders a $1000 widget.  Special 
orders require a deposit.  Putting the 'deposit' on account is no different 
than not having a deposit at all--since you didn't actually get any money in 
the first place.  Why not just put it all 'on account', since that's what 
you're really doing anyways?

Tom
-- 
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"
--
Stop Fishing for eMail.


"Jay Livingood at Allysystems" wrote:

> The work order system needs to be able to use an account tender to pay for a 
> deposit.  The business need is a customer who has the ability to charge in 
> RMS who wishes to start a work order.  For example, a lighting store has a 
> builder who they allow the charge.  The builder sends their customers to the 
> store to select their lighting needs.  The builder will provide the store 
> with an allowance for the customer to use for their lighting needs.  This 
> allowance is the deposit that need to be tendered using an account.  
> Currently, I can not enter this deposit and pay for it by charging it to an 
> account.
> 
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> 
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73a220c2-c819-4459-ac32-1a898c35f98c&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
tomg1 (230)
11/3/2005 9:50:02 PM
Tom,

I don't think you read my post correctly.  There are actually 2 customers 
involved in this scenario: a builder who has an account and a customer who 
does not.  The builder will provide the deposit for a work order and the 
customer pays for everything else.  The problem is that the builder may not 
always have the check in for the deposit in a timing that is needed for the 
creation of the work order.  If the builder is a big client of the business 
and they always pay, why on earth wouldn't you let then charge the deposit.

I see your point.....and if it was one customer, it would have some logic.  
We are doing a lot of lighting and home design businesses and this is a huge 
need for clients who buy large systems.  

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> It'll never happen, and this is why:  Tendering a deposit on account is 
> completely imaginary.  Either they made a deposit or they put it on account.  
> If you didn't get real money, then they didn't make a real deposit.  Do you 
> require a deposit or don't you?
> 
> For example:  an account client special orders a $1000 widget.  Special 
> orders require a deposit.  Putting the 'deposit' on account is no different 
> than not having a deposit at all--since you didn't actually get any money in 
> the first place.  Why not just put it all 'on account', since that's what 
> you're really doing anyways?
> 
> Tom
> -- 
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
> 
> 
> "Jay Livingood at Allysystems" wrote:
> 
> > The work order system needs to be able to use an account tender to pay for a 
> > deposit.  The business need is a customer who has the ability to charge in 
> > RMS who wishes to start a work order.  For example, a lighting store has a 
> > builder who they allow the charge.  The builder sends their customers to the 
> > store to select their lighting needs.  The builder will provide the store 
> > with an allowance for the customer to use for their lighting needs.  This 
> > allowance is the deposit that need to be tendered using an account.  
> > Currently, I can not enter this deposit and pay for it by charging it to an 
> > account.
> > 
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > 
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73a220c2-c819-4459-ac32-1a898c35f98c&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
11/4/2005 2:13:06 PM
In your two customers/one sale scenario, one thing doesn't change.  You don't 
really have the deposit until actually get the money.  Putting a deposit on 
account is still the same as not taking a deposit at all.

Create the work order and override the deposit with zero.  When you tender 
the WO, you will end up with zeros on your X & Z Reports.

When the check comes from the builder, treat it as payment on account for 
that invoice.  When the balance is paid by the customer, treat it the same 
way.

RMS will not allow you to take money from Customer A and apply it to a 
Customer B's balance.  I know of no accounting system that will.

Remember, 'Deposit on Account' is an oxymoron.  No such thing exists.  
Either they made a dposit or they didn't.  A promise of a deposit is not a 
deposit.  A deposit is money in your hand.  In your case, you have a work 
order with no deposit.

HTH,
Tom


"Jay Livingood at Allysystems" wrote:

> Tom,
> 
> I don't think you read my post correctly.  There are actually 2 customers 
> involved in this scenario: a builder who has an account and a customer who 
> does not.  The builder will provide the deposit for a work order and the 
> customer pays for everything else.  The problem is that the builder may not 
> always have the check in for the deposit in a timing that is needed for the 
> creation of the work order.  If the builder is a big client of the business 
> and they always pay, why on earth wouldn't you let then charge the deposit.
> 
> I see your point.....and if it was one customer, it would have some logic.  
> We are doing a lot of lighting and home design businesses and this is a huge 
> need for clients who buy large systems.  
> 
> "Terrible Tom" wrote:
> 
> > It'll never happen, and this is why:  Tendering a deposit on account is 
> > completely imaginary.  Either they made a deposit or they put it on account.  
> > If you didn't get real money, then they didn't make a real deposit.  Do you 
> > require a deposit or don't you?
> > 
> > For example:  an account client special orders a $1000 widget.  Special 
> > orders require a deposit.  Putting the 'deposit' on account is no different 
> > than not having a deposit at all--since you didn't actually get any money in 
> > the first place.  Why not just put it all 'on account', since that's what 
> > you're really doing anyways?
> > 
> > Tom
> > -- 
> > The worst words in business:
> > "We''ve always done it that way"
> > --
> > Stop Fishing for eMail.
> > 
> > 
> > "Jay Livingood at Allysystems" wrote:
> > 
> > > The work order system needs to be able to use an account tender to pay for a 
> > > deposit.  The business need is a customer who has the ability to charge in 
> > > RMS who wishes to start a work order.  For example, a lighting store has a 
> > > builder who they allow the charge.  The builder sends their customers to the 
> > > store to select their lighting needs.  The builder will provide the store 
> > > with an allowance for the customer to use for their lighting needs.  This 
> > > allowance is the deposit that need to be tendered using an account.  
> > > Currently, I can not enter this deposit and pay for it by charging it to an 
> > > account.
> > > 
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > > 
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73a220c2-c819-4459-ac32-1a898c35f98c&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
tomg1 (230)
11/4/2005 7:19:05 PM
Override the deposit to $0.00.

-- 
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems 


0
jhunt (286)
11/7/2005 10:43:32 PM
This is the best (and only) explanation for this logic that I have read yet.

-- 
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems 


0
jhunt (286)
11/7/2005 10:44:27 PM
"Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in message 
news:OiFDry%234FHA.3908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Override the deposit to $0.00.


Oops, Wrong thread for that message

-- 
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems 


0
jhunt (286)
11/7/2005 11:14:10 PM
I am fighting this same logic. And, I agree with Jay.

It does not matter when I "really" have the deposit. I want to charge the 
customer's account today for something he will pick up at a time in the 
future.

By the logic you are using, I can't take credit cards for work orders 
either. I don't "really" have the money until a few days later, so I can't 
record these sales until I get a deposit from the processor.

In both cases, what I do have for my promise to deliver a work order is a 
promise to pay. In one, the customer promises to pay me for work I shall 
start for him. In the other the credit card processor promises to pay me for 
work I started for a customer.

Rob

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> In your two customers/one sale scenario, one thing doesn't change.  You don't 
> really have the deposit until actually get the money.  Putting a deposit on 
> account is still the same as not taking a deposit at all.
> 
> Create the work order and override the deposit with zero.  When you tender 
> the WO, you will end up with zeros on your X & Z Reports.
> 
> When the check comes from the builder, treat it as payment on account for 
> that invoice.  When the balance is paid by the customer, treat it the same 
> way.
> 
> RMS will not allow you to take money from Customer A and apply it to a 
> Customer B's balance.  I know of no accounting system that will.
> 
> Remember, 'Deposit on Account' is an oxymoron.  No such thing exists.  
> Either they made a dposit or they didn't.  A promise of a deposit is not a 
> deposit.  A deposit is money in your hand.  In your case, you have a work 
> order with no deposit.
> 
> HTH,
> Tom
> 
> 
> "Jay Livingood at Allysystems" wrote:
> 
> > Tom,
> > 
> > I don't think you read my post correctly.  There are actually 2 customers 
> > involved in this scenario: a builder who has an account and a customer who 
> > does not.  The builder will provide the deposit for a work order and the 
> > customer pays for everything else.  The problem is that the builder may not 
> > always have the check in for the deposit in a timing that is needed for the 
> > creation of the work order.  If the builder is a big client of the business 
> > and they always pay, why on earth wouldn't you let then charge the deposit.
> > 
> > I see your point.....and if it was one customer, it would have some logic.  
> > We are doing a lot of lighting and home design businesses and this is a huge 
> > need for clients who buy large systems.  
> > 
> > "Terrible Tom" wrote:
> > 
> > > It'll never happen, and this is why:  Tendering a deposit on account is 
> > > completely imaginary.  Either they made a deposit or they put it on account.  
> > > If you didn't get real money, then they didn't make a real deposit.  Do you 
> > > require a deposit or don't you?
> > > 
> > > For example:  an account client special orders a $1000 widget.  Special 
> > > orders require a deposit.  Putting the 'deposit' on account is no different 
> > > than not having a deposit at all--since you didn't actually get any money in 
> > > the first place.  Why not just put it all 'on account', since that's what 
> > > you're really doing anyways?
> > > 
> > > Tom
> > > -- 
> > > The worst words in business:
> > > "We''ve always done it that way"
> > > --
> > > Stop Fishing for eMail.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Jay Livingood at Allysystems" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > The work order system needs to be able to use an account tender to pay for a 
> > > > deposit.  The business need is a customer who has the ability to charge in 
> > > > RMS who wishes to start a work order.  For example, a lighting store has a 
> > > > builder who they allow the charge.  The builder sends their customers to the 
> > > > store to select their lighting needs.  The builder will provide the store 
> > > > with an allowance for the customer to use for their lighting needs.  This 
> > > > allowance is the deposit that need to be tendered using an account.  
> > > > Currently, I can not enter this deposit and pay for it by charging it to an 
> > > > account.
> > > > 
> > > > ----------------
> > > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
> > > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
> > > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
> > > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
> > > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > > > 
> > > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73a220c2-c819-4459-ac32-1a898c35f98c&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Wrauberto (19)
5/1/2006 10:58:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Traceability copying sales orders
Hi, it is common to copy sales orders for end users. They select a sales document, then they click on "Copy" and the system copy the whole document without problem. But.... is there a way to know the sales document source of the copy? I need to know a fast way to trace a sales document to the previous sales document. I am not talking about transfer from quote to order or order to invoice. I refer to copy from an order to another order. -- Ariel Andrés Quesada http://arielqstech.blogspot.com MSc Systems Engineering, MCBMSP CRM 4.0 MCTS: TFS, MOSS 2007,Forefront, Projec...

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

Application.Evaluate (works with SIN but not RGB)
All, Direct Question: Is it possible to get the Long result of RGB from a string expression (reference Evalute) using built-in VBA functionality? The code below (comments included) illustrates that the SIN function works properly with Evaluate, but the RGB function does not. (See VBE help for more details on the Evaluate method). I believe that RGB does not work because, as far as I can tell, RGB is a VBA function and not a worksheet function. (Also, as far as I can tell, SIN is both a VBA and worksheet function). So, is it possible to get the Long result of RGB from a...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

working with named ranges
If I have 3 worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) each with a range o cells (1 column wide and varying rows long) named "range1", "range2 and "range3" respectively, can I write a formula to report the content of the 3 ranges into column 1 of sheet4? Thanks in advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Hi Dave, One way to do this (an...

How do I make several workbooks work together?
I have 60 workbooks from where I need to gather information on a monthly basis. These are personell sheets for vacations, leave of absence and so on. From time to time I need to make changes in the functions that I have in these workbooks, is there a way I can link these workbooks together, so that I can make changes in e.g. a template file and these changes will also take effect in my other workbooks. ____________________ I have one workbook that gathers information regarding used vacation and another workbook that gathers information regarding sick days and so on. I do thi...

CRM 3.0
Hi, When you are adding existing products onto an order, you select a product from the look-up and it then, on the same form asks you to choose a unit. Our CRM setup has only 1 unit, and will only ever have 1 unit called Each. Is there any way to change the system to automatically default to Each? Can this be done in a Call-out or some way through and SDK or something!! It would save a lot of time when picking products, which in itself is a long process. Thanks so much. Shauna this may help: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/defaultvalues.mspx "Shauna...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Toolbar Icons Don't Work
Hi all, On one of my laptop (offline clients) the computer can access the crm via "http://crm.foo.com" without issue, when the user opens Outlook and clicks on one of the activities on the toolbar (i.e. new account), the outlook window flashes but the crm window does not load. Things like selecting a parent account for a contact however does work. How do I fix this? I have run the repair option for the crm client without luck. -Max hmm..are you running anti-virus software. If so cna hyou disable and try again ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CR...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Admin Mailbox Access Not Working
I need to grant my non-admin ID rights to open all mailboxes. I created 3 security groups (ex-FullAdmin, ex-Admin, and ex-(ViewOnly). I put my non-admin id in the ex-FullAdmin group. I went to System Manager and ran the delegation wizard at the Org level and gave the ex-FullAdmin group privileges of 'Exchange Full Administrator'. This did not work. I also tried this at the Administration Group level, but it did not work. I did give it some time, including over night. No go. I noticed that the read and write options both had an explicit deny similar to the A...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

New Account for CD
I bought a CD and don't know how to set it up in Money (using Money Plus H&B). When I tried setting it up as a bank savings account there was a note that said I should set it up as an investment account. When I set up the investment account it does not ask me any questions about the CD or even if it is a CD. What am I missing. It seems like it should be a savings account. Please help me? A Savings Account can be used. If you only ever intend to have one CD at a time, that's probably easier. But if you want to manage multiple individual CDs over time, then the Investmen...

Tracking Investments By Account
How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the same investment in several accounts. I want to see the performance of that investment in that account only and not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >How do I track an investment by Account only? I hold the >same investment in several accounts. I want to see the >performance of that investment in that account only and >not the accumulated performance accross all accounts! Look at Investing->Portfolio and group by Account Name. Select the view you prefer, and c...

To only save sheet1, this code is not working. Help please!
To only save sheet1, this code is not working. Help please! Worksheets("Sheet1").save Thanks! On Mar 16, 2:49=A0pm, Damil4real <Damil4r...@gmail.com> wrote: > To only save sheet1, this code is not working. Help please! > > Worksheets("Sheet1").save > > Thanks! Mr. T -- Worksheet objects do not have a Save method - but Workbooks do If you want to copy out Sheet1 to another workbook then save it - use ... Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy .... then ... ActiveWorkbook.Save Hope it helps you, - Rodney POWELL Microsoft MVP - Excel ...