300 Locations+ using RMS?

Does anyone out there have 300-400 locations operating on RMS? Is this even
possible. Currently we have 80 with a projected 150 next year and 200
following. Within 5-10 years we will hit 500-1,000. Can RMS support a company
of our size? Has anyone pushed the system to this level?
--
Jocelyn
0

wow :)

Is there a HQ Dongle with license up to 1000+ locations...your company is
rocketing :)

Is your company in fashion retail ?Food?

Your implementation is quite big. how was the performance of RMS hitting 80
locations? Are you using HQ (I suppose you do.)? how's the speed in terms of
connection? What mode of connection you are in using connectivity wise? VPN?

Is your data updated on time with 80 locations ? I have currently 30 and
adding more 4 next month or Jan... ? But kinda having problem getting them on
time..

We are using VPN as mode of communication..and running the connection thru a
batch file not thru RAS entry of HQ client.

Maybe you can shed light or points on how to make the right connection given
the set of tools i have or rather you can give  some sort of tips in terms of
connectivity.

is it possible to contact you ?

here is my email add: pern0671@yahoo.com

Any help from you or testament from you is very much appreciated.

thank you

"jocelynp" wrote:

> Does anyone out there have 300-400 locations operating on RMS? Is this even
> possible. Currently we have 80 with a projected 150 next year and 200
> following. Within 5-10 years we will hit 500-1,000. Can RMS support a company
> of our size? Has anyone pushed the system to this level?
> --
> Jocelyn
0
GregDxb (160)
11/23/2006 6:03:02 AM
I miss the point of years (5 to 10) ...way ahead ! though a good point to
asked Microsoft...

though I still want to contact you if you may ? pern0671@yahoo.com

Thank you

"jocelynp" wrote:

> Does anyone out there have 300-400 locations operating on RMS? Is this even
> possible. Currently we have 80 with a projected 150 next year and 200
> following. Within 5-10 years we will hit 500-1,000. Can RMS support a company
> of our size? Has anyone pushed the system to this level?
> --
> Jocelyn
0
GregDxb (160)
11/23/2006 6:07:02 AM
We have two groups of 350+ stores using RMS.  One is I2 a mobile phone
company and the other is a Perfume Chain.  All linked to HQ.  One uses
GreatPlains as ERP and the other MS Axapta [Dynamics Ax].  For mor einfo
contact me.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = =

"GregDxb" <GregDxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> wow :)
>
> Is there a HQ Dongle with license up to 1000+ locations...your company is
> rocketing :)
>
> Is your company in fashion retail ?Food?
>
> Your implementation is quite big. how was the performance of RMS hitting
> 80
> locations? Are you using HQ (I suppose you do.)? how's the speed in terms
> of
> connection? What mode of connection you are in using connectivity wise?
> VPN?
>
> Is your data updated on time with 80 locations ? I have currently 30 and
> adding more 4 next month or Jan... ? But kinda having problem getting them
> on
> time..
>
> We are using VPN as mode of communication..and running the connection thru
> batch file not thru RAS entry of HQ client.
>
> Maybe you can shed light or points on how to make the right connection
> given
> the set of tools i have or rather you can give  some sort of tips in terms
> of
> connectivity.
>
> is it possible to contact you ?
>
> here is my email add: pern0671@yahoo.com
>
> Any help from you or testament from you is very much appreciated.
>
> thank you
>
> "jocelynp" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone out there have 300-400 locations operating on RMS? Is this
>> even
>> possible. Currently we have 80 with a projected 150 next year and 200
>> following. Within 5-10 years we will hit 500-1,000. Can RMS support a
>> company
>> of our size? Has anyone pushed the system to this level?
>> --
>> Jocelyn

0
afshin (783)

Using 2 Inboxes but want sent items to go to respective Sent boxes
Hi I manage 2 In Boxes (I log in as my main profile for outlook and have the 2nd attached to my profile) for my work place with Outlook XP. However when I send e-mails, all sent mail is automatically placed in my main profiles Sent basket. What I want to know is, is there a way to have Outlook to have the sent mail iotems from my 'secondary' inbox attached to my main profile to send it to the secondary e-mail profiles sent box and not the default one for my main profile... Many thanks If you have multiple Identities via which you can send, your reply-to o From email would...

Is there a quick way to show selected columns (not using hide)
I am trying to schedule Teacher conferences at our school. I have each teacher in a column and need to show only the columns that I am scheduling for each family. I don't want to use the "Hide" command, because I would have to hide more columns than I need to see (there are 16 teachers, and I would need to show 2 to 5 at a time). Is there a way to select the columns I want to see, and show only them? I guess this would be the opposite of "Hide" To my opinion the quickest way will be with VBA Code. * The first Macro will hide ALL the worksheet columns EX...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #6
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Instantly use selected text for find and replace dialog?
When you doubleclick text and use Ctrl+F to open find and replace dialog it automatically uses selected text for Find what: field, but when you use keyboard to select text prior to opening find and replace dialog it never uses that selected text, how i fix that to always work with selected text? If text is selected, the action of the search function is to find from within that selection. The double click method is merely a shortcut to inserting a word into the Find window. See your other post. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><...

Using ODBC to access XLS files.
Hi. I'm using ODBC to access the content of XLS files. I see that the "table" names are in mainly in the form ... worksheet$ 'work sheet$' This is fine - these match existing worksheets - Append $ and wrap with single quotes if necessary. But I also have those that are like ... worksheet - no $ worksheet$_ - trailing underscore I'm not able to use some of these. What are they? What other formats exist? Regards, Richard Quadling. See reply to your other post. Pete On Aug 28, 2:06 pm, Richard Quadling. <RichardQuadl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can't find mailbox in Recovery Storage Group using EXMERGE
I restored and mounted the recovered mailstore. I'm trying to exmerge a mailbox that I need recovered. I can see the mailbox through ESM, but when I go to exmerge it, it's not listed. Anyone seen this before? On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:20:03 -0800, pscottlee <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I restored and mounted the recovered mailstore. I'm trying to exmerge a >mailbox that I need recovered. I can see the mailbox through ESM, but when I >go to exmerge it, it's not listed. Anyone seen this before? Does the mailbox still exist on the producti...

HELP !!!! Locating Outlook address book
Anyone, We just upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Professional, a change spurred on by a virus that made my Microsoft Office products inaccessible. I'm trying to set our email up. On 98, I used Outlook, and we also ran Outlook Express for my kids. We're all going to switch to Outlook Express now. I'd like to import the old Outlook address book into the current Outlook Express. I've got this conglomeration of files saved from our old hard drive, and don't see anything with an extension of .WAB. It could've been corrupted by whatever damage was inflicted by ...

can I use conditional formating with result be hiding a row?
exemple : if a value is yes then hide the row and if the value is no unhide the row Not to my knowledge but you could have the text to format the same colour as the cells. That way you get a blank row. Not hidden but the data is. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Jean Pierre" wrote: > exemple : if a value is yes then hide the row and if the value is no unhide > the row ...

Location based costing
Hello Does anyone know of a product integrating with GP that would allow me to track different costs per item per site? Regards, Riaan I seem to recall something like that and I think it was Binary Stream that was offering it. Call Lak at Binary Stream and ask him. Tell him I said hi! -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "RiaanT" wrote: > Hello > > Does anyone know of a product integrating with GP that would a...

Over-riding Message Boxes Using Visual Basic
I am writing a macro that opens a specified file and temporarily places data in it. I want to be able to automatically close the file without saving the changes. At present, when the Macro reaches the activeworkbook.close function, Excel effectively "jumps out" of the Macro until the user responds Yes/No/Cancel to the "Save Changes" message box, at which point the macro continues. Is there anyway of automating this response? From vba help for "saved" Example This example displays a message if the active workbook contains unsaved changes. If Not ActiveWor...

Offline Database Location
Should the Offline Database be located on each seperate POS terminal/computer or can it be a "group" offline database? In other words if I have 10 POS stations should every single POS station have its own offline database or could I have one POS station be the offline database for all 10 POS station? Any suggestions recommendations? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08EC_01C7303F.13B28D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Alex, Each register needs to have its own database...

using microsoft outlook for email
How do I setup microsoft outlook as my default email account? ...

Can Beta 2010 use the 2009 Language Pack?
I finally got the Beta 2010 Language pack to load but it does not appear to have Italian or German. Any chance the 2009 language pack works with Beta 2010 or am I out of luck .....? Try posting to the beta forum: Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "SStraveler" <SStraveler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8410E9A5-43AB-4127-B426-15FE69982C2F@microsoft.com... > I finally got the Beta 2010 Language pack to load ...

FRx sysdata location advice
Our client is running 6.7 with GP 9.0 on a sql 2005 box. One report with 1,445 reporting entities in the Tree takes 3+ hours and eventually crashes with sysdata and FRx application run from the sql server. We installed FRx to a local machine and copied the sysdata folder to it and the same report took under 2 hours. We set the path back to the server sysdata but ran FRx locally and it was going to take over 5 hours to complete the same report. Any advice on the best configuration or optimum settings is appreciated. MES, FRx has a lot of reliance on temp files when executing reporting ...

Charting using Dates on "Y" axis
I am trying to build a chart that visually depicts how long a new employee takes to become fully functional in their job. On the "X" axis, I have their names (Smith and Jones). On the "Y" axis, I have a 6 month projection (15 August 03 to 15 Feb 04). Smith is hired 20 August, starts training 1 September, and finishes his training 1 October. Cells A2-A4 are: Not available, training, and qualified. B1 and B2 are Smith and Jones, respectively. Every time I try to use the timescale it starts 0 Jan 00. I put an artificial date (1320, which equates to about 12 A...

Subtraction Function using cells with other functions in them
I am running a decreasing balance in a column. It is a chart tracking 12 months top to bottom. I have the functions set as such. For Example, in CELL D11, I have the following function: =IF(D10="","",D9-D10). I used "" because D10 has a function in it. So I only want excel to do the math if D10 actually has a number in it, even if that number is zero. The IF function noted above repeats down the column 12 times. Lets say in May when I enter data elsewhere, D10 gets a value from ITS function and then D11 gets a value from ITS function. Al...

Using the info zip dll
I'm using the info zip dlls and I'm having trouble stopping a zip operation in progress. I've figured out (I think) that I need to call the cancel event in my cancel button's click event which I do with: Private Sub cmdCancel_Click() m_cZip.Service "", True End Sub Then in the zip's cancel method I have the following: Private Sub m_cZip_Cancel(ByVal sMsg As String, bCancel As Boolean) If bCancel Then If MsgBox("Are you sure? Cancel the folder backup?", vbYesNo, "Confirm cancel") = vbYes Then ' Code to stop th...

Money online access: How to locate/contact intermediary service?
Using Money '07. The online access via Money to my bank goes through an intermediary service. How can I determine who that is and contact them? I'm getting periodic intermittent failures with Money trying to download transactions, etc "due to technical problems at your bank or brokerage". My bank, of course, is denying any/all knowledge of this. One CSR even went so far as to say it's simply not possible to do this when MS Money specifically supports it with my bank (and is the only reason I upgraded from Money 02). These failures typically last several days. -- Je...

Using DYNSA for to give Users access to new Company
We are using DYNSA as our System Administrator. Setting up new users is no problem, but when we attempt to give them Company Access, we cannot do it. The Tools/Setup/System/User Access menu path works and it presents the "User Access Setup" screen no problem. However, when we try to click the checkbox next to the company name, we cannot tick the checkbox. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this a bug of some sort? -- Pete Power Pete, SA is a special user id that has rights not only in GP but also in MS-SQL. When you attempt to give access rights to companies...

Sumproduct using multiple sheets
Hi, I am using the sumproduct formula for multiple sheets. Below are my data which is contains from sheet1 to sheet3 when i use the sumproduct formula for in one sheet =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A9="Mark")*(B1:B9="Automatic")) it gives me the result =3 and if i use the formula in 3 different sheets it will give me the result 3+3+3= 9 To use the sumproduct formula i have defined the sheets in menu "insert>name>define" as "ms" ={"Sheet1","Sheet2","Sheet3"}. Then i have used below formula in sheet 4. =SUMPRODUCT(C...

Use Win 2K Defrag
Can you use the win2k defrag on exchange 5.5 directories? You would have to stop Exchange services if you wanted to do a file level defrag. "ChrisH" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1004E83-D326-4B0A-B619-C5DB052C589E@microsoft.com... > Can you use the win2k defrag on exchange 5.5 directories? Using the OS will only give contigous file space for the DB's flat file. if you want to do a full defrag of the db. you will need to use Eseutil.exe /d. You will need plenty of spare diskspace as the defrag basically copies all of the data pages ...

Submit page in iframe using OnSave event in Contact form
Is it possible to submit a page embedded in an iframe on a custom tab in the Contact entity, using the following javascript: crmForm.all.IFRAME_MyFrame.document.forms[0].submit(); I want to submit the form when the Save button is clicked in the Contact form. Here is my scenario: In the Contact form, we have a custom tab, which has an IFRAME. This links to an external page within the intranet. I have script in the OnSave event of the Contact form, that submits the page in the IFRAME using javascript. Cross-site scripting has been enabled. However, when I save the Contact we get the fo...

Undeliverable: ot7 Do you want a Quality Rolex , Cartier in $275
I keep getting around 5 of these e-mails a day. I did an up to date virus scan (norton) and it didn't recognize anything. Should I worry? Any help is appreciated. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ot7 Do you want a Quality Rolex , Cartier in $275 - $300 ? Sent: 12/15/2006 1:10 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ardes@columbiahomeloans.com on 12/15/2006 1:10 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your syste...

How to locate differences between two sheets/ranges?
Well, here's my problem: each day here at work I receive a file with updated info on specific data. Form is always the same -specific number of columns with the same type of data, only the number of rows may change. However, every day I have to go through the data to see what has been changed and/or what has been added/dropped. Is there any way to do this easily? Kind regards Th Hi Have a look here for some ideas. I'm sure one of them will suit: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Andy. "Gryzor" <Gryzor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

using excel to calculate win-loss records
If i have an excel spreadsheet detailing my sports program's win-loss records, i have a column titled "W/L"...and a "W" if they win and an "L" if they lose. Is there a formula that would total the amount of "W"'s and "L"'s and display it in a traditional Win-Loss format? (ie Wins-Losses, or for example 3-14) Any help would be appreciated. if your W or L range is c5:c11 this should work =CONCATENATE(COUNTIF($C$5:$C$11,"W"),"-",COUNTIF($C$5:$C$11,"L") -- duan -------------------------------------...