10% Coupon setup

Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply scanning
a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon.

Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons
that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we can
do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount.

Thx for any help.
0
moi1871 (46)
5/6/2006 3:42:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MOI,

Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc

Must have access to CustomerSource

--
=

"MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply
> scanning
> a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon.
>
> Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons
> that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we
> can
> do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount.
>
> Thx for any help.

0
spam3944 (2163)
5/6/2006 6:54:57 AM
I was wondering if there way a way to set this to a specific "Department",
and not all of the departments?
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

"Jeff" wrote:

> MOI,
>
> Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc
>
> Must have access to CustomerSource
>
> --
> =
>
> "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply
> > scanning
> > a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon.
> >
> > Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons
> > that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we
> > can
> > do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount.
> >
> > Thx for any help.

0
nagarra (173)
5/6/2006 2:22:02 PM
Jeff thx for you help.

"Jeff" wrote:

> MOI,
>
> Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc
>
> Must have access to CustomerSource
>
> --
> =
>
> "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply
> > scanning
> > a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon.
> >
> > Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons
> > that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we
> > can
> > do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount.
> >
> > Thx for any help.

0
moi1871 (46)
5/8/2006 5:06:43 PM
this is exactly what i want to do.   is there a way to set the disount to a
different department every week just like safeway or rite aid stores.    i
also want the customer info to appear with that barcode

"MOI" wrote:

> Jeff thx for you help.
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > MOI,
> >
> > Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc
> >
> > Must have access to CustomerSource
> >
> > --
> > =
> >
> > "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply
> > > scanning
> > > a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon.
> > >
> > > Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons
> > > that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we
> > > can
> > > do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount.
> > >
> > > Thx for any help.

Jay,

Just setup a sale price to run for a week.  SO Manager | Wizards | Inventory
Wizard | Task 110 Change Item Prices...

--
=

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
 to see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
 follow the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with
newsreader"

 http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

==========

"JAY (MANOJ) SHARMA" <JAYMANOJSHARMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:69D1B88C-65CD-4AFB-8B9F-5D85AC7C177B@microsoft.com...
> this is exactly what i want to do.   is there a way to set the disount to
> different department every week just like safeway or rite aid stores.    i
> also want the customer info to appear with that barcode
>
> "MOI" wrote:
>
>> Jeff thx for you help.
>>
>> "Jeff" wrote:
>>
>> > MOI,
>> >
>> > Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc
>> >
>> > Must have access to CustomerSource
>> >
>> > --
>> > =
>> >
>> > "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
spam3944 (2163)

Problems after System Restore 01-10-10
I don't see my original post, so here it is again. After a system restore (saving data), PC is still not functioning properly, slow and whirring noise from hard drive when not using the PC. It is a HP with Windows Media 2005. When exploring system tools I noticed that all the start up programs (95 pages) have duplicates. Is this normal? Also, PC is still running slow. Here is an example of what the start up programs show: $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf .DEFAULT Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf .DEFAULT...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

LDAP Error 150 04-22-10
Hello, We are experiencing an issue with our users using Entourage 2008 on Mac OS X 10.6 clients. The server is a recent Exchange migration and is running the latest Kerio Connect version. All client computers have been upgraded to the latest version of Office as well. What happens is every couple hours users are getting an error message that pops up and says an unknown error has occurred and lists LDAP error 150. They can hit ok and continue, but it's very annoying. I've googled the error message to no end, but haven't come up with anything solid. I've tried disablin...

Closing Balance figure to be carried as Opening Balance in a new record 02-14-10
I am working on a database for Accounts in which I need to carry the closing balance of one record as the opening balance of the next record. both the fields are "Number" type. Like MCCB in record No.x or y or z should be carried to the next new record as the opening balance fieldname MCOB. This carrying of CB as OB should take effect while working continuously, or after a closing the form and reloading after a one or two or when opened the next day or next working day. I want a solution to this problem of mine. Please help me -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...

Expression 05-12-10
My first table with expressions worked after I messed with the relationship of the tables I had such a mess that I started over. Now the expressions aren't working. Pro Rate Table Auto Num Unit MonthlyRent DailyRent [MonthlyRent]/30 StartDate EndDate NumDays [EndDate]-[StartDate] Amt [MumDays]*[DailyRent] Originally I had Monthlyrent getting data from another field =adj rent ..... StartDate got data =LeaseStart+30 all the data is in the same table and the same form any ideas... =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= wrote: > > My first table with expressions wor...

Enumerator 02-10-10
Hi! At the end is a complete short program listed. If I do this statement Stack<string>.Enumerator q = numbers.GetEnumerator(); I create a Enumerator that is called q in this example. But enumerator is used when iterating through a collection for example by using the foreach construction. So my first simple question is why is it not possible to write foreach in this way using q as an enumerator ??? This cause the compile that is listed after the foreach. My qualified guess is because this enumerator q doesn't implement the IEnumerable we can't use a foreach he...

WSS 3.0 setup
I just started using Sharepoint 3.0 through a new account with Comcast. I am having a difficult time adding users. Everytime I try, I get an error message. I must be missing something obvious. an anyone point me in the right direction? ------=_NextPart_0001_A1FCAF2B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Palos, What type of installation you have done? What is the Service Account used to install SharePoint, it should be a domain account in general. Determine hardware and software requirements (Windows SharePoint Services) http://technet.micro...

GP 10 Security
Does anyone know an easy way of assigning all users in all companies to the power user role, or do you seriously have to go into user security setup and set it individually for each user and each company combination. I have several companies and sereral users making the task exponentially large. My first question is why would you want everyone to be a power user in all companies if you have that many users. The only idea off the top of my head is a macro but I'm not in front of GP so I'm not sure how much you could automate it. Mark On May 22, 6:25 pm, Travis Vigar <TravisVi...

sales for outlook 10-22-03
when creating crm contact,appointment, or a task using the "crm toolbar" in the sales for outlook client, it is supposed to post them in both crm and outlook. i only get it in crm ...

PERSONAL.XLS #10
how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:41:01 -0700, "F7772" <F7772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA Personal.xls is loaded automatically from the xlStart folder, the location of which will vary according to your operating system and Office version. All you need to do is find that folder, and move personal.xls out of it. --------------------------------------------------------- Hank Scorpio scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.) * Please keep all replies ...

How do I setup automatic return reciept for one person in Outlook
I have n employee who constantly insists he's not receiving my messages. Is there a way to set up return receipt for one particular person? Not without some in depth changes to how you a send email to that person. You could use an email message that you have saved with the option for a read receipt turned on and only use that message form for emails to this person. Of course, that person may decline sending you the RR if they so desire. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account ...

validation 03-10-10
hi, every one.. How to validate between two workbook..? Is there any option on this Please describe what data you have in each workbook, and what you want to do with it. Pete On Mar 10, 11:57=A0am, selvaraj <selva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, every one.. > > How to validate between two workbook..? > > Is there any option on this Hi, Look into Debra web http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html At the bottom you will find more links to examples and vs Hope this helps "selvaraj" wrote: > hi, every one.. ...

Running total 10-25-07
Is there anyway to produce a running total in a query? I tried the help menus but they only mention running totals in reports. You have to have a field that supply the order (like a dateStamp) and, sure, the value to be summed. SELECT a.dateStamp, LAST(a.theValue), SUM(b.theValue) FROM yourTable AS a INNER JOIN yourTable AS b ON a.dateStamp >= b.dateStamp GROUP BY a.dateStamp will then do. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Beagle1927" <ebonystealth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1193324501.725632.305280@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Is...

Notes #10
I'm wondering if it's possible to send notes from a smart phone to outlook/one note? Thank you for any answers. Probably depends on the sync software supplied with your phone "maxermil" <maxermil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D25A6D8-48C7-4E6B-B8F5-8BE0BC66EA2E@microsoft.com... > I'm wondering if it's possible to send notes from a smart phone to > outlook/one note? Thank you for any answers. ...

Displaying Yes/No as Yes or No instead of -1 and 0 01-21-10
Hi, I know that I've done this before, but now I can't remember how I did it... In my form, I want my Yes/No combo box to display Yes or No instead of -1 or 0 after the choice is made. I'm remembering something about column widths, but so far no luck. Thanks for your help! on the Porperty Sheet you can set Format to Yes/No laura.dodge wrote: >Hi, I know that I've done this before, but now I can't remember how I >did it... > >In my form, I want my Yes/No combo box to display Yes or No instead of >-1 or 0 after the choice is made. I'm rem...

drop down list #10
Hello, I am hoping someone out there can help me with my current problem. I would like to use a drop down list and when a specific item is chosen the next couple of cells below it are populated with data depending on which item was selected. Is this possible or relatively easy to do if so how do I go about doing it. Thanks for your time. Any input is appreciated. c You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html To return the related information for the selected item, you can u...

File Permission error 04-20-10
How do I get File Permission error off my word document after trying to save the document? For the error "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error", see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970950 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "GenannP" <GenannP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA9E9B9C-9A19-4BE7-A9AA-3531232F3429@microsoft.com... > How do I g...

Formula Question 01-15-10
Hi. My data table looks like this - located in D1:E8 Stock Condition IBM TRUE IBM TRUE IBM FALSE IBM TRUE IBM FALSE GOOG TRUE GOOG TRUE I am trying to find a formula (B2) for this table - located in A1:B2 IBM Match #1 60% Where the formula in B2 looks at my data table, finds rows that have the value in A1, then returns the result of the calculation (# of "TRUE") divided by (Total Number) - in the case for IBM, 3 divided by 5. Thank you in advance. Try this in cell B2: =SUMPRODUCT(--(D1:D1949="IBM"),--(E1:E1949=TRUE))/SUMPRODUCT(--(D1:D1949=&...

Need a formula 01-21-10
I need a formula that will compute an average for a random number of cells, discounting other formulas in those cells as well as blank cells or any containing zeros. Ex: AVERAGE( A1, B4, C18) Final result must be an average of only those cells with a number entered (as the result of another formula) -- dbconn ...

10 random numbers from 0 to 20
Hello, how can I write a method that returns me 10 random numbers from 0 to 20 (included), without repetitions? Thanks a lot. Luigi On 15-06-2010 12:10, Luigi wrote: > Hello, > how can I write a method that returns me 10 random numbers from 0 to 20= > (included), without repetitions? If you don't want repetitions they are not real random numbers. You could get the number '15' 10 times in a row, it is possible, but=20 highly unlikely. --=20 Med venlig hilsen / Best regards S=C3=B8ren Reinke, IDCS #505926, TDI Trimix www.Dykkeren.dk Dive bl...

Page Setup Dialogue Response Very Slow
Hi All, Tried this a while ago but did not get a response. the page setup dialogue box in MS Access is very slow to appear and respond. Doesn't matter whether this is to the network printer or to the local 'Microsoft Office Document' printer. It hasn't always been like this but don't what has caused the change. Anyone got any suggestions please? Cheers. Bill. That's probably a Windows problem, but may very easily be caused by an Anti-virus program, or by permissions. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.acce...

Outlook 2007 02-18-10
I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. Whenever I try to send an email to multiple addresees, it bounces back with an error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients But it doesn't list an addressee or give a reason. It is really getting on my nerves - can someone please help me with a solution? Is that the full extent of the error message? Does the email bounce back immediately, or after a few minutes? "Malnev" <Malnev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D91E7758-82E4-4EFD-BD8E-723B40C52...

Sending Mail 07-17-10
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.hughes.net', Server: 'SMTP.hughes.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <END-OF-MESSAGE>: End-of-data rejected: user not permitted to relay', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F This pops up each time I try to send email. I have talked to Hughes.net and they say all settings are right. What do I do? I can still recive email only prob;em is with sending. Unfortunately, the caliber of tech support at the ISPs is very low. Make sure y...

custom number format #10
Scientific notation To display numbers in scientific format, use "E-," "E+," "e-," or "e+" exponent codes in a section. If a format contains a zero (0) or number sign(# ) to the right of an exponent code, Excel displays the number in scientific format and inserts an "E" or "e". The number of zeros or number signs to the right of a code determines the number of digits in the exponent. "E-" or "e-" places a minus sign by negative exponents. "E+" or "e+" places a minus sign by negative exp...

setup email acct.
I setup an account in outlook and when it does it check it tells me it could not send and to check my email address which is the right one. Can someone help me? It's probably saying that your server addresses are not correct, not your email. Look at your ISP's web page or call them for the correct settings for the incoming & outgoing mail server settings. One little typo or misplaced space will cause errors. Same goes for your email address--check it for typos. >-----Original Message----- >I setup an account in outlook and when it does it check >it tells me it co...