"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations

Hi,

When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then
go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg.
we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck
(just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50!

In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck...
but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal
query.

This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start
looking?

Thanks,
Daniel

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This issue was fixed in a hot fix a while ago (check customer source).

"Daniel Mundy" <daniel@mundy.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price,
> then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price.
> eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a
> truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50!
>
> In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck...
> but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal
> query.
>
> This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can
> start looking?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

0
Alex6724 (221)
11/10/2008 2:37:13 PM
Daniel,
Alex is correct.  It sounds like you have RMS 1.3 Refresh 1 right off the
CD.  You'd want to get upgraded to 1.3.1011, the difference in updates is
pretty significant.

--
Thank you,
Ryan Sakry

"Daniel Mundy" <daniel@mundy.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price,
> then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price.
> eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a
> truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50!
>
> In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck...
> but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal
> query.
>
> This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can
> start looking?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

0
rsakry (322)

Can the Desktop Alert be sticky?
Hello All, I have had more than on person ask me this here: Can the pop-up Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 SP2 be made to stick around longer than the 30 second maximum available in the standard settings? (Tool>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Options>Desktop Alert Settings) Everyone seems to miss the old alerts that hung around until you clicked the "OK" button. What they want is to be away from the desk and have the alert persist until they come back, which of course can be a lot longer than 30 seconds. Thank You, -plh -- I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I&#...

Sticky Notes
We're on a peer to peer. Is there a way to make sticky notes appear on a co-workers computer if it was created on a different computer. Any ideas?? Thanks so much Julie ...

sticky cursor
my cursor has increasingly become 'sticky' - it sits there & doesn't want to move, or it skips around. I 'release' it by alternately clicking right & left until it's mobile again, but it's happening more +& more often. rebooting doesn't help. Please advise. Thanks, ingrid weekend wrote: > my cursor has increasingly become 'sticky' - it sits there & > doesn't want to move, or it skips around. I 'release' it by > alternately clicking right & left until it's mobile again, but it's > happening m...

Sticky AfxMessageBox
Hi All, From the code below I get the following experience: First time the "else code block" is run, it works ok, the AfxMessageBox AND the FwuDialog beneath it dissapears at the same time. On all subsequent calls of the "else code block" however, pressing "Ok" in the AfxMessageBox removes only the FwuDialog, but the message box itself stays until "Ok" is pressed again. LRESULT CFwuDialog::OnFwuNack(WPARAM w, LPARAM l) { if( mRetries > 0 ) { SendNextBlock(); mRetries--; } else { KillTimer( 1 ); delete[] mpFwImage; mpFwImage = NU...

Sticky Tack proposal
My users are new to Great Plains. They are seeing a constant rework for which I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has this from their users. You're entering or changing data in any input window, you hit Save and then realize you forgot to enter another field for that record. The "Save" command reset the window for the next data input and you have to retrieve the record you were working on all over again. Anyone have a solution or is this a Microsoft request? Thanks Sandy Sandy, Depending on what particular screen you're on, usually you can use the VCR but...

what is a yellow sticky message
I have been asked to send a yellow sticky message in a test. I have no idea what it is? Help!!! Outlook's Notes maybe? Ctrl+Shift+N to open a new note form, Ctrl+5 to open the Notes module. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphon...

Collapse all feature is not sticky

Sticky Points
IS THERE A CODE THAT WILL ALLOW ANY CELL TO BE COPIED TO THE CLIPBOAR JUST BY BEING CLICKED ON -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I wouldn't recommend doing this at all, but you can use the following code in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) Target.Copy End Sub By the way, please refrain from typing in ALL CAPS. It is hard to read and is considered rude. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Vato Loco >" <...

Sticky Notes control
Is there a way I can use the Sticky Notes control in outlook for my own programs? I've gotten to where I can list the Notes in my Notes folder, but that's about it. Can I inherit from the control or just call it up or something? Thanks... -G I use this http://www.3m.com/market/office/postit/com_prod/psnotes/support/psnupdate_manual.html for post-it notes anywhere. Note the free download of the lite version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted withou...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Sticky Situation with Exchange
We restored our exchange 5.5 SP4 server, the server name had to be changed. Now after the restore we have 2 System Attendants in the MAILBOX RESOURCES, one still homed with the OLD server name, and one with the new server name. There is no mailbox in the Recipents container for either one, from all the articles I've read this is normal, but I am unable to remove the OLD System Attendant from the resources container. I am unable to recreate the MAILBOX in the recipients container to be able to delete it, due to the old server not existing any more. I have attempted to run the IS/DS a...

Sticky exchange problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C422F5.BDF0E6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I'm running an Exchange environment with two Exch 2003 servrs and two = Exch 2000 servers. The problem is that when messages are sent to a = couple of distribution list they go sit in the "messages awaiting = directory lookup queue" and are never actually delivered through.. This = happens for a couple of distribution lists which I have recreated on = numerous times. When I force the c...

Sticky sorting/macro/VLOOKUP problem
I've tried to find the answer to this here and elsewhere, but no luck, although there's quite a bit on "sorting with blank lines." I have a spreadsheet with 10,000 blank lines and several columns, A through E. It's on a networked server, and various people in the office open it and enter data into it, filling it in from the top. In Column E, their last names are automatically entered from a table using VLOOKUP, matched to data they enter in one of the other columns. When I try to sort data by the names in Column E, in ascending order, it does so, but shoves it all down...

URGENT!!!! Sticky Keys???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3D397.692A05F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user in NYC who is trying to use her arrow keys (NOT the = numeric keypad, just the plain arrows) to navigate around her Excel 2000 = spreadsheet. But instead of moving from cell to cell, the arrows are = acting to manipulate the scroll bars. We have checked every sticky key, = cleaned the keyboard, checked options, I am at a loss. Has anyone seen = this and where do I turn it off?? Help! -Monic...

A Real Sticky Problem
I created a query that joins two tables into one form. One table is the active one and the other is archived information. So, for instance a clients most recent data for 2007 is in table one, but the older data is stored in table two. The problem is that the form is not displaying the newest clients entered into table one. It is 8 off. Is this because there is no similar entry in table two? Can this be resolved by assigning a primary key to table one? If you're just doing a simple join (an Inner Join), you'll only get details for those clients that exist in both tables. You...

Outlook 98 Sticky Notes
Hi there - using Outlook 98 with Exchange Server 5.5 (sp4) on an NT4 platform. One user has developed a problem whereby all the notes shown within Outlook view seem to have the same date. Normally I wouldn't bother too much as it's not a major issue, however when the user is a Director I have to get it fixed asap as presumably it is 'Business Critical'. Anybody ever seen this before or have any advice. The Outlook issue I mean, not the Director. Thanks in advance. Dunsyd Is this the create or the modified date? An import and/or folder move of the items can change these dates....

Annotate/add-sticky-to email
I am looking for an add-on so that I can annotate/add-sticky-to emails. I often have mails that I need to leave and go back to later (sometimes much later) I would like to leave a note to remind my failing memory of what action I took and I need to see which emails have notes attached without having to open them. I cannot find a freeware to do this and would like advice from anyone who uses or has discarded such a program. I am on Outlook 2007 - Windows 7 -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk ...

How to make the top row sticky
Hi, Here's an example: 4429 How can I make the top row (PTSD1, PTSD2,....) from disappearing when the buttom of the page is reached. Alternatively, is there a way to change the column Labels (A, B, C...) to what I need (PTSD1, PTSD2...) Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: pic0001.gif | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4429 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- shutdown ----------------------------------------------------...

Is it possible to print sticky notes from the desktop?
Is it possible to print sticky notes from the desktop? I have Windows 2007. I think you are mixing some things here. You probably have Windows 7 and/or Office 2007. There is no such thing as Windows 2007. As you are talking about "sticky notes", I'm guessing you are talking about the sticky notes gadget for Windows 7. As this is a Word (2007) newsgroup, you are asking in the wrong place. You should try a Windows (7) newsgroup. Yves "B. D." <B. D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF41B0F-3D93-4F24-94A4-0BE05E66F7E4@microsoft.com....

E-mail E-Sticky notes using outlook
SpotNote 3.1 is a commenting tool that allows the user to post electronic notes directly to the documents they are editing. Cut out secondary documentation and emails to describe what you changed in a document for a team member or co-worker. Just Create a note and drag &#8217;N&#8217; drop them onto any office programs without effecting the files format. Also, SpotNote Merges IM with E-Notes BCI announces the addition of SpotLAN to its highly rated electronic note software, SpotNote� 3.1. SpotLAN allows the business user to send custom sticky notes instantly across their corporate ...

screen has turned horizonal, sticky keys
My screen has turned horizonal, how do I reverse the problem? You probably accidentally turned it 90* degrees in Display Properties-->Advanced-->[your videocard settings somewhere here] I asusme yours is a normal LCD display, because some allow to be flipped 90* degrees by hand, in addition to WIndows ability to flip it by software. But it might be somethign else, wait for more responses P.S. With high-end Videocards like my nVidia, often you can right-click on empty desktop and choose that videocard settings (it says "nVidia Control Panel here, but yours migh...

Sticky Notes Question
Hello, I use certain aspects of Outllook 2003, but I do not use it as my default e-mail program. I find OE is suffiicient and have used it for years. However, I do have Outlook setup so it can retrieve mail from my account if I decide to use it. This may be part of the problem , but I'd hate to have to delete my e-mail account information to achieve my aim. Principally, I would like to use Outlook 2003 to create notes. I would like to place a shortcut on the desktop for this purpose. Click the shortcut and a note appears ready to input. Right now the following shortcut almost works...

how to add a sticky note with email in my in-box.
Hi I am user of MS Outlook, It is gr8 experience using new 2007 Version. I will like to know/ If not already suggest, There should be some facility to add a sticky note with email in my in-box. Like if want to note done some comments on a particular email for my further reference. Please let me know if is already present , if not please consider in upcoming versions. Thanks Rochak Agrawal rochak.agrawal@gmail.com Phone +91-9987170442 INDIA Its not possible, other than using the follow up field for notes, journaling, or editing the message. If you use Outlook 2007 you can use Word'...

'sticky' cell selection
When I select a cell it cannot be deselected and if i move my mouse it selects all cells from the original. I cannot select a singular cell anywhere else on the worksheet or select any other commands. Thus the name sticky. How do I unstick my selection to carry on using the worksheet. yippeekiay, sounds like you are in Extended Mode, EXT on in the right hand corner or the status bay, press the F8 key to get out of it -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always apprecia...

canot turn off sticky keys nothing works
I use Windows Vista and have inadvertently turned on something caled sticky keys which prevents fast moving through a document. None of the unstructions for turning this off sem to apply. I HATE IT. THE offer to turn it on keeos popping up and this time my finger must have slipped. Have you visited the Accessibility Options folder in Windows Control Panel and both disabled StickyKeys AND the shortcut keys that turn these options on? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jo Foster" <JoFoster@d...