"Sales Receipt" Phrase Wraps onto Two Lines

Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column
Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines?  I tried the
paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work.

Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt
properties?  As an example, how do you determine the proper width?
0
jerrypenna (71)
9/15/2004 4:21:28 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jerry,

What make & model printer?  Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths
between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems.  Also take a look at the right margin
settings.  After making your change, click refresh and then print.

--
*
"Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column
Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines?  I tried the
paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work.

Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt
properties?  As an example, how do you determine the proper width?

0
spam3944 (2163)
9/15/2004 6:30:14 PM
Thanks for your help and your suggesting on the dialup issue.

We have an Axhiolm printer and use the OPOS driver.

While trying to fix this problem before posting here I accidently set
the width to 300 instead of 3.0.  It printed about a 36" receipt for
while and also hung up a couple of customer receipts.  Not fun trying
to figure out what went wrong in the middle of our busy time.  I won't
do that again!

I did try setting the width to 3.0 but that didn't work.

"Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uLXR7I1mEHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Jerry,
>
> What make & model printer?  Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths
> between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems.  Also take a look at the right margin
> settings.  After making your change, click refresh and then print.
>
> --
> *
> "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column
> Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines?  I tried the
> paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work.
>
> Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt
> properties?  As an example, how do you determine the proper width?
0
jerrypenna (71)

Looking for Receipt Help
I have modified some of our receipts and reports but need some help with this one please. I want to remove the Black Bar which appears behind the words "Sales Receipt" and "You Saved $ amount". I found the words for "You Saved" but not the other, believe it's the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceName though. I see nothing that has Black Bar anywhere. I know there is a report in the reports section but I have made other changes that I don't want to lose. I tried to find the difference between that report and mine where is says "You Saved" but ...

Change "Sales Receipt" to Invoice
We simply want our receipt to say invoice for account sales and Receipt for cash sales. How can I do that? I copy the following threat from a user called Rob some time ago and save it on my desktop for future reference. I hope this is what you are asking for. "Are you asking if you can have the word Invoice appear at the top of the page instead of Work Order? If so, then yes you can. You'll have to modify your receipt as below: Make a copy of your receipt and name it 40columnWorkOrderasInvoice.xnl or FullPageWorkOrderasInvoice.xml Full Page - modify the Header 40 Column - modif...

"Sales Receipt" Phrase Wraps onto Two Lines
Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines? I tried the paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work. Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt properties? As an example, how do you determine the proper width? Jerry, What make & model printer? Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems. Also take a look at the right margin settings. After making your change, click refresh and then print. -- * &quo...

Modification to Sales Receipt
Hello and Happy Holidays to all, I need assistance with one modification on the receipt. The current receipt format, only flags an item if it is taxable which outputs 'V' if true or 'N' if false. Sample script from attached file: <IF> <CONDITION> Entry.Taxable </CONDITION> <THEN> <SET name="Taxable" custom="true" description="Taxable" type="vbString"> "V" </SET> </THEN> &...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
In part 1, I asked how to edit the information on the receipt generally speaking, and of course got a "generally speaking" answer. I need to add some specific information to the receipt, but have no idea how to do it. Specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate and print the amount saved. We also would like to show the customer's name on the invoice. I have no clu...

Sales Receipts
How can I re-print sales receipt on the receipts printer? right now when i press f4 and print, it print from the laser printer. also, Is there a way to print Z report on the Laser printer and not on the receipt printer. thanks To print the z from a laser printer you need to establish it as printer 2. Then you have to set up a report template for that printer just like you did for printer one. Make sure also to check that printer 2 does journal so you have a copy in the journal. On reprinting a receipt, if it's the last receipt use F11 reprint. Otherwise I'm no sure how to get i...

Sales Receipt
I have my sales receipt set to print the discount info at the bottom. For example, "You saved $1.00!" I would like to keep this feature but I've noticed that when I override a price and, let's say, change $3.00 to $2.50, it will print "You saved $0.50!" at the bottom. Anyone else have this issue? Happens to me too, but I happen to think that this is a good thing, as it leads the customer to believe that you did them a favor. At least that's the way I look at it. Vince >-----Original Message----- >I have my sales receipt set to print the discoun...

PO# ON SALES RECEIPT
WE HAVE CUSTOMERS WHO WILL NOT PAY AN INVOICE WITHOUT A PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER AND/OR AN AUTHORIZED PERSONS SIGNATURE ON THE SALES RECEIPT. THERE IS CURRENTLY NO WAY TO ENFORCE THIS AT THE POS. WE NEED THIS AS A CUSTOMER OPTION. WE ALSO WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT THIS WAS NOT A CUSTOMER OPTION. IN ADDITION WE NEED A PROMPT FOR AUTHORIZED PERSONS WHO ARE ALLOWED TO CHARGE ON STORE ACCOUNTS. >-----Original Message----- >WE HAVE CUSTOMERS WHO WILL NOT PAY AN INVOICE WITHOUT A PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER >AND/OR AN AUTHORIZED PERSONS SIGNATURE ON THE SALES RECEIPT. THERE IS >C...

Sales Receipt?
I have Money 2006 Small Business. After I have received a payment for an invoice, is there a way to print up a receipt to send back to the customer? or perhaps a way to print a PAID invoice? In microsoft.public.money, Zane Cole wrote: >I have Money 2006 Small Business. After I have received a payment for an >invoice, is there a way to print up a receipt to send back to the customer? >or perhaps a way to print a PAID invoice? For some reason, the Small Business users don't post answers here a lot. All three of them. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@pleas...

Deleting Sales Receipts
I need to reduce my db size... Many have posted about the Retail Realms archiving utility. This sounds like a great app, but since I'm somewhat familiar with the db schema in RMS and know SQL, I would like to attempt it on my own. Has anyone tried removing sales history through SQL? What tables should be cleared, does anyone have a script that they use? I understand that a backup should be made prior to any changes :) Paul Paul, To see what tables are taking up all the space run this query: ------------------------- SELECT [total size KB], B.rows, O.name FROM (select sum(convert(de...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...

Rounding in sales receipts
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ...

POS Sales Receipt printing extra lines!
Hi When we print a receipt from our register it is printing extra blank lines and making the receipt about a foot long when it should only be about 4/5 inches. I can't see anything in the receipt settings that might be causing this and I have replaced the printer so it's not that, any suggestions? -- Jenny How is the printer setup? windows printer? opos printer? "jennydat" wrote: > Hi > > When we print a receipt from our register it is printing extra blank lines > and making the receipt about a foot long when it should only be about 4/5 > inches. ...

How to change Sales Receipt for Invoice
Can someone please help me or emailed me the file on how to change Sales Receipt and Transaction for Invoice and Invoice #, You can either edit the xml file and change the words sales receipt into the words invoice or you can download the xml from the customer source downloads page "Rene" wrote: > Can someone please help me or emailed me the file on how to change Sales > Receipt and Transaction for Invoice and Invoice #, Why would you want to do this? Receipt (of a customer payment) and Invoice are two different documents and they have different implications to G/L ...

Cutting the receipt paper between signature and sales receipt
I'm using HP A794 printer. We set up the reciept to print the creit card signature at the top and the sales receipt at the bottom. My problem is the printer is not paper cutting the receipt after the signature page. So we have to use scissors to cut the receipt. Is there a setting for this in RMS? Or on the printer? We are using windows printer type, not OPOS. thanks in advance for help! Check with HP or your reseller. With windows drivers, RMS is sending the two parts as a single print job. There may be a text code that you can embed in the receipt template to force a pape...

Duplication of Item on Sales Receipt.
Has anyone experienced this...and have a solution for it: Staff scan in customer purchase of an item. Screen shows the amount due Staff receives payment, as shown on screen. Sales Receipt is produced. The receipt shows the item twice, and the price increase to reflect this duplication. This also relieves our inventory of an item that has not been sold. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks marwat This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01B3_01C6D8B2.8B1DC480 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quote...

Rounding numbers in sales receipts.
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ------=_NextPart_0001_207C0F12 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Julien, Thank you for posting your discount question. I am not sure what you are trying to calculate; but I would recommend that you take a look at the available receipt variables: Transaction.DiscountPercent...

Printing Sales Receipt Problem
I have removed the ~ symbol from the receipt.xml file for both the Item Look Up Code and the description so the information won't cut off at the end of the line when printing but will continue to the next line. When I view the Print Layout through the receipt proporties in the Manager program it looks fine but then when I try to print something is still dosen't rap the description nor the item lookup code down to the next line. Why? -- Microsoft Partner Yaniv, If you're using OPOS drivers you'll have to switch to a Windows driver. Good luck, Matt "Yaniv Zahavi&...

Where find a template for a Sales receipt?
I would like to find a template for a receipt that I can link certain cels in my workbook to. Maybe try this link for a number of templates: http://tinyurl.com/3t7nb (there's one excel template titled: Donation receipt in the 1st page) Good luck ! -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Maritime44" <Maritime44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EBB4C28-7E50-40AA-8D4D-E792DB141FA5@microsoft.com... > > > I would like to find a template for a receipt that I can link certain cels &...

Change The Text on Sales Receipt
I want to chagne the header of the Sales Receipt to read Donation Receipt. Is this possible? How can I do this? use notepad to edit c:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates\receipt.xml find the line that reads: <TEXT> Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName </TEXT> change to say: <TEXT> "Donation Receipt" </TEXT> save to same file or to another filename to preserve backup copy in SO Manager - Database - Regiseters - Receipt Formats select receipt and click Properties click magnify button beside the Sales re...

Showing account balance on the sales receipt.
Is there a way to show the customer's account balance on the sales receipt, when a customer pays here balance (not buying items on her account, I know that will show the new balance). ...

POS Lockup before Sales Receipts Print
We sporadically have problems with RMS POS after entering the tender information the system sometimes just gets ready for the next (sales) transaction without printing a receipt and sometimes it kicks the cashier out of RMS POS also without printing a receipt (this usually happens after swiping a credit card, usually, but not always, AMEX). It doesn't seem to be related to a specific register. When you try to pull up the journal for these transactions or try to do a reprint after the above problems happens, the journal viewer just displays that no image is available, even though the...

linking a sales receipt worksheet to an inventory worksheet
I have a sales receipt worksheet that has all my sales items on it. I also have an inventory worksheet. I would like when I make a sale that it automatically is deducted from my inventory worksheet. I have Office 2003 Example: Sales receipt is (sheet 4) In each column Item#-Description-Item Cost-Qty-Cost Example: Inventory is (sheet 5) In each column Item#-Description-Cost- Qty Rec'd-Sold-In Stock ...

2nd Try Here: Quote to Sales Receipt
We are printing quotes to the full page, when picking up the quote for sale - we would like this receipt to print to the 40 Column. This is not happening. Can a quote that is converted to a final sale be printed as 40 col sales receipt? Additionally, when a quote is picked up and tendered as a final sale, if a CC is used as the tender option, there is no field for a signature on the full page, but it is noted to require signature under the denomination. I found one article related to a quote with multiple sales receipts, but I do not understand what it was saying - KB 874092. -- Joce...

Print credit card info below sales receipt
We have upgraded to RMS Store Operations from QS 2000. Now when we print a receipt paid by credit card we get two receipts -- one on the top to sign and a second one that details the items sold. We are using duplicate thermal paper in our dot matrix printer and this is a terrible waste of paper. We'd like to print the cc info below the sales receipt and omit the duplication of the header, transaction/date, and footer information. Does anyone know how to edit the receipt format to make this change? In perusing the receipt hml file it looks like the last section "Main Document&q...