Viewing attached pictures

When I attach pictures to a message, and look at the message in the "Sent 
Items" folder, the pictures are shown in the message body, in addition to 
the clip icon that shows that the messages contains attachments.

The pictures are always shown enlarged regardless of the actual size of the 
file attached (i.e., the picture can be a small file of 150 KB and still be 
desplayed so enlarged that it cannot be viewed in its entirety without 
scrolling up and down, and sidewise).

I'd like the pictures not to be shown in the message body, or alternatively 
to be shown not bigger than the page size.

TIA
Humpty


0
Humpty
2/10/2010 4:00:52 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
674 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

By default, OE displays a "copy" of an attached graphic below the message 
text. You can control this on your machine by reading in plain text, but 
you have no control over what the recipient sees.

You can insert the pix. They will be viewable, but within the text area.

As far as the size goes, you have to resize them before attaching them. 
Here are a couple of freeware programs to do the job.

IrfanView:
www.irfanview.com

Pix Resizer:
http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
-- 
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA


"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message 
news:O5lP4omqKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> When I attach pictures to a message, and look at the message in the 
> "Sent Items" folder, the pictures are shown in the message body, in 
> addition to the clip icon that shows that the messages contains 
> attachments.
>
> The pictures are always shown enlarged regardless of the actual size of 
> the file attached (i.e., the picture can be a small file of 150 KB and 
> still be desplayed so enlarged that it cannot be viewed in its entirety 
> without scrolling up and down, and sidewise).
>
> I'd like the pictures not to be shown in the message body, or 
> alternatively to be shown not bigger than the page size.
>
> TIA
> Humpty
>
> 

0
Bruce
2/10/2010 4:30:10 PM
Thank you. That answers my questions.
Humpty


"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:%23fkIN5mqKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> By default, OE displays a "copy" of an attached graphic below the message 
> text. You can control this on your machine by reading in plain text, but 
> you have no control over what the recipient sees.
>
> You can insert the pix. They will be viewable, but within the text area.
>
> As far as the size goes, you have to resize them before attaching them. 
> Here are a couple of freeware programs to do the job.
>
> IrfanView:
> www.irfanview.com
>
> Pix Resizer:
> http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
> -- 
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>
>
> "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message 
> news:O5lP4omqKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> When I attach pictures to a message, and look at the message in the "Sent 
>> Items" folder, the pictures are shown in the message body, in addition to 
>> the clip icon that shows that the messages contains attachments.
>>
>> The pictures are always shown enlarged regardless of the actual size of 
>> the file attached (i.e., the picture can be a small file of 150 KB and 
>> still be desplayed so enlarged that it cannot be viewed in its entirety 
>> without scrolling up and down, and sidewise).
>>
>> I'd like the pictures not to be shown in the message body, or 
>> alternatively to be shown not bigger than the page size.
>>
>> TIA
>> Humpty
>>
>>
> 


0
Humpty
2/10/2010 5:40:33 PM
You're welcome.
-- 
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA


"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message 
news:e9yZlgnqKHA.4604@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Thank you. That answers my questions.
> Humpty
>
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:%23fkIN5mqKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> By default, OE displays a "copy" of an attached graphic below the 
>> message text. You can control this on your machine by reading in plain 
>> text, but you have no control over what the recipient sees.
>>
>> You can insert the pix. They will be viewable, but within the text 
>> area.
>>
>> As far as the size goes, you have to resize them before attaching them. 
>> Here are a couple of freeware programs to do the job.
>>
>> IrfanView:
>> www.irfanview.com
>>
>> Pix Resizer:
>> http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
>> -- 
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>>
>> "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message 
>> news:O5lP4omqKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> When I attach pictures to a message, and look at the message in the 
>>> "Sent Items" folder, the pictures are shown in the message body, in 
>>> addition to the clip icon that shows that the messages contains 
>>> attachments.
>>>
>>> The pictures are always shown enlarged regardless of the actual size 
>>> of the file attached (i.e., the picture can be a small file of 150 KB 
>>> and still be desplayed so enlarged that it cannot be viewed in its 
>>> entirety without scrolling up and down, and sidewise).
>>>
>>> I'd like the pictures not to be shown in the message body, or 
>>> alternatively to be shown not bigger than the page size.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Humpty
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 

0
Bruce
2/10/2010 5:57:05 PM
The large picture size is because OE displays every pixel.  Reduce the 
resolution to 100 pixels per inch.
-- 
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message 
news:O5lP4omqKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> When I attach pictures to a message, and look at the message in the "Sent 
> Items" folder, the pictures are shown in the message body, in addition to 
> the clip icon that shows that the messages contains attachments.
>
> The pictures are always shown enlarged regardless of the actual size of 
> the file attached (i.e., the picture can be a small file of 150 KB and 
> still be desplayed so enlarged that it cannot be viewed in its entirety 
> without scrolling up and down, and sidewise).
>
> I'd like the pictures not to be shown in the message body, or 
> alternatively to be shown not bigger than the page size.
>
> TIA
> Humpty
>
> 
0
Ron
2/11/2010 12:56:51 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Mail Messages HTML Viewing
I am using win XP and Office 2002. When I receive messages with html format i can only see the url's and not the pictures. I have checked all the settings, I have the box in options/mail format/internet settings/html format checked to receive pictures and still just the url. I runn norton and zone alarm but can't see any settings in these that would restrict the downloading of pictures. Any thoughts? What are your IE settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual...

linking pictures
I have seen the many discussions on linking pictures and am running into trouble. I am using Access 2003. I have tried using the sample "Pictures2k" but can't figure out where I am going wrong. The form is based off a query, which brings together a bunch of information. 1. Placed photos in the same folder as the database. 2. Created a text field in our records table, named per 2k instructions 3. Added the name of one of the photographs to the field (example: name.jpg) 4. Added the field to the query from which the form is based 5. Created a picture frame, renamed it ...

the webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
We have an internal web interface for our helpdesk system. When we finish working with a "call" it attempts to unlock the call and we get the message as above. More often than not, we need to say YES to the message. Any ideas how to get it to not appear? -- Keithmeister Hi, Which security zone does the page/popup load into? Hint: Is IE configured to automatically detect sites in the Intranet zone? What 'call' software are you using? Have you attempted to contact the vendor? Regards. "Keithmeister" <Keithmeister@discussions.microsoft.co...

Using custom document peroperties to creat views in Public Folders
How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 but I am unable to. Please assist. The article I came across was http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010549541033.aspx However this only appears to work for 2000 not 2007. Hopefully someone can help. "Whoadieson" wrote: > How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I > came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 > but I am unable t...

Attachment issues in OWA 2003
We have an automated process in place that sends emails to sales people with their current production report as an attached Excel spreadsheet. If the recipient views the message from the full-blown Outlook 2003 client, she can view the attachment fine. However, if they view the same message in OWA 2003, they can see the paper-clip icon indicating that the message contains an attachment, but they have no link displayed in the message to the attachment itself. In other words, they can see from the folder list view that the message contains an attachment, but when they open the message, they can&...

m_pDocument Doc/View unique id for each view
I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the view portion I need to track the actions taken individually and separately for each view. So when when I click on view one I track that in a separate place than view two. I there a unique id or index for each view? Something like m_pDocument->ID? Thank you, Joshua <jtfaulk@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:1111085780.370621.117620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the > view portion I need to track the actions taken...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

View Webpage
How can i view a HTML page in Excel, it should also be automatically update in 60 seconds. Is this possible? Please note that, that page contains images That webpage is on our intranet website. Regards, Murtaza Though I am not certain this is exactly what you are looking for, try the following: Data, Import External Data, then New Web Query... In the dialog box that appears, browse the site. You will notice that at certain areas of the page you will see an arrow. Just click the ones that you want to import. Click import. Select the cell you want to import the data into and click OK. Hope...

can't open attachments #6
message is: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your file This happens when they are Word docs I sent to myself from work. What's happening? You need to adjust your security settings in outlook: tools/options/security, then check the internet zone, uncheck the box that says do not allow attachments. >-----Original Message----- >message is: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your >file > >This happens when they are Word docs I sent to myself from work. What's >happening? > > >. > Look here for help a...

Forms in two differant views
Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within the same Main Form. For example: Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and on the other a regular form view. -- Rose Hi Rose, Create a button on your form and under the "OnClick" event put 'Me.DefaultView = Datasheet Alternatively you could use a checkbox If me.checkbox1 = 0 then Me.DefaultView = 2 ' Datasheet Else Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form End if me.repaint This should flick the form between datasheet and form views. HTH, Nick. "Rose" wrote: > Is there a way to use t...

Forcing a view to be the active view
Hello! I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. How do I accomplish this? // Anders Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello! > > I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The > first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView > to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. > > How do I accomplish this? > > // Anders I'd ...

Coustom view
Hi, I have been given a new work station and for some reason my custom view is not highlighted and is not working. I don't think it is as add-in feature. Excel heip has not been of any (help). Does someone know how to enable this feature? Thanks, Michael Michael Custom Views will be disabled if you have more than one sheet selected. Do you see [group] behind the filename on title bar? If so, right-click on a tab and "ungroup sheets". Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:28:03 -0800, "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Changing View -- All Folders
Using Outlook 2007, Windows XP Pro. I have dozens of mail folders in Outllook. I would like to change the view (to the right of the folder tree) on all folders. There seems to be no apparent way to do this. Any ideas? Thanks, Ross See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

OL98 start up view
I recently had to reinstall my WInXP and now my OL98 has a couple of issues I'd like to fix. I've set up my mail account (with POP3 and SMTP servers) but when I try to use it I get a message saying that internet mail is not registered properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Also, I used to start up OL98 so that the first view was not Outlook Today. How do I change that? I guess I can't remember how to do things that I only do once every three years. Thanks for any suggestions! John Keith kd0gd@juno.com John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You might want to have a look at this MS KB ...

Calendar View?
Outlook 2000. This seems like a dumb question but in the monthly calendar view how do I get it to show a regular standard Sun-Sat week with equal weight for each day (Sat & Sun the same size boxes as the rest of the week).. Thanks... Bob right click on the calendar and choose Other settings. Uncheck the option to compress weekend days. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.ne...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Save Attachments Question
We use Office Pro 2003. I have a user who opens word documents that are attachments directly from an open e:mail. she then does a "save-as" from the document editor, WORD2003, and has been saving these docs in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK1A9 which appears to be a system default. I have tried to go back to this OLK1A9 folder with admin rights, having setup the workstation so nothing is "hidden" and the folder cannot be found. I have shown the user how to properly perform file\save attachments but the issue here i...

attach files
Hi to all Elite Group members some time queries and their solution posted here are not in good format , its little bit confusing I want to request all of you that please attach excel sheets with your queries and solutions,so that it can be very helpful to others in learning new things. please give your feed back thanks This is a text only newsgroup, so this is a bad idea. You could use one of the web sites that allow you to upload files and share them with others. But lots of people won't take the time to download the file. In fact, some people (including me) won&...

showing headers/footers in excel email attachment
i am emailing in outlook to a group and want to know does anyone know how to show my headers and footers in the attachment? When you open the document they do not show. thanks Hi AFAIK not possible as Excel does not provide such View (only in Print preview) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mel wrote: > i am emailing in outlook to a group and want to know does > anyone know how to show my headers and footers in the > attachment? When you open the document they do not show. > > thanks Thank you >-----Original Message----- >Hi >AFAIK not possible as Ex...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

views?
haven't install any thing lately that i can remember but when i bring outlook up it and go in to e-mail to send one there is no send button or attachment icon any more at all? and when i look under view there is only custom there and no other options? how do i get back my icons and view options? thanks! ...

Account Views Order
Is there any way of manually setting the order in which views are displayed in the drop down box for Accounts? We've created a number of similar views all starting with the word "account" followed by a username (eg: Account - Joe Bloggs etc..) and ideally want them displayed in the list together alphabetically but at the moment they're all mixed in with other views in no logical order. It's not a major problem but would make the system more user friendly if we could have all these views together in the list, is this possible? Thanks, Steve Sorry Steve, That view lis...

Calendar View 04-08-10
I have a client running the latest release of Entourage 2008 under 10.6.3. When she's in email and has Show Mail Folders Only, unchecked, she can access her calendar. However, if she clicks the calendar icon in the upper left hand corner of the Entourage window, no calendar appears. In the list along the left is Folder on My Computer and Calendar Views, but no item named Calendar. I created a test identity and the calendar in that identity looks and works correctly. I rebuilt the database for her identity, but that did not resolve the problem. Any other suggestions? Hal ...