Recovering lost Folders??

Blank
Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these folders?
Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
Rudy
4/21/2010 7:36:22 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

View | Layout | Folder List, Check it.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Blank
> Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
> folders?
> Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
Bruce
4/21/2010 7:53:16 PM
     Tried your suggestion...not successful....any other
suggestions............Thanxxx........Rudy

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
View | Layout | Folder List, Check it.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA

"Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Blank
> Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
> folders?
> Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
Rudy
4/21/2010 8:17:12 PM
You have no Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc? Not even Local Folders at the top?
--

>     Tried your suggestion...not successful....any other
> suggestions............Thanxxx........Rudy
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> View | Layout | Folder List, Check it.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Blank
>> Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
>> folders?
>> Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
Bruce
4/21/2010 8:44:24 PM
From your headers: Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1807

Been to Windows Update lately...?

Rudy wrote:
> Blank
> Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
> folders?
> Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
PA
4/21/2010 9:02:47 PM
        I have the Folders at the top[ Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc]...it's
the personal folders that I setup.......that's what's missing!!

You have no Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc? Not even Local Folders at the top?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA

"Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
>     Tried your suggestion...not successful....any other
> suggestions............Thanxxx........Rudy
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> View | Layout | Folder List, Check it.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Blank
>> Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
>> folders?
>> Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
Rudy
4/21/2010 9:58:35 PM
1: Does the Inbox have current messages in it, or were the messages before
today removed?

2: Does any folder including Deleted Items have a + in front of it? Check
for Subfolders.

3: If the Inbox looks current, and the folders are not found as
subfolders, do the following.

A: See if you have the dbx files for the missing folders in the OE message
store folder.
B: See if there are any bak files for the missing folders in the Recycle
Bin, and check the date they were created.

Message Store location:

Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder will reveal the location of
your Outlook Express files. Write the location down and navigate to it in
Windows Explorer or, copy and paste it into Start | Run.

In WinXP, Win2K & Win2K3, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default
marked as hidden. To view these files in Windows Explorer, you must enable
Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | Folder Options
Icon | View, or in Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | View.

Post back before you attempt to restore any BAK or DBX files.
--

>        I have the Folders at the top[ Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc]...it's
> the personal folders that I setup.......that's what's missing!!
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> You have no Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc? Not even Local Folders at the
> top?
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>     Tried your suggestion...not successful....any other
>> suggestions............Thanxxx........Rudy
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> View | Layout | Folder List, Check it.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Blank
>>> Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
>>> folders?
>>> Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
Bruce
4/21/2010 10:11:59 PM
Why it happens:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
   http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

Recovering the missing data: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx (#2 and #4)
and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918069 (see Notes section under
Resolution section; Please note that you do NOT need to install KB923694 or
KB918766 if your computer is fully-patched at Windows Update!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DBXpress (faster, more powerful, with even greater functionality than
DBXtract)
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Avoiding Such Corruption in Future:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline".  More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt to
close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting
is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application.  It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection:

Rudy wrote:
>        I have the Folders at the top[ Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc]...it's
> the personal folders that I setup.......that's what's missing!!
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> You have no Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc? Not even Local Folders at the top?
>
> "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>     Tried your suggestion...not successful....any other
>> suggestions............Thanxxx........Rudy
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> View | Layout | Folder List, Check it.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Blank
>>> Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
>>> folders?
>>> Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

0
PA
4/22/2010 12:12:36 AM
"Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message
| Blank
| Suddenly, my folder list has disappeared.   How do I retrieve these
folders?
| Or are they lost forever................... Thanxx....Rudy

Do a search for *.dbx
Copy these to another folder on the desk top.
Then try to import the files to OE.

0
NotMe

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

sharing public folders with 2 seperate domains on same network
i have 2 domains, company a and company b. they are on the same network, but different domains. company a and b have exchange. Both companies use windows trust for data. Is there a way where company a can access company b's public folders through a trust? i take it that the trust is NT4 style, not a forest relationship? That being true you could give OWA access or secondary mailboxes that would require a logon in outlook. Either way you'd have to setup accounts on the domain that hosts exchange. "Matt" wrote: > i have 2 domains, company a and company b. they a...

Lost product key for O2003 standard, is my cousin SOL?
I just got called this evening to help an elderly relative of mine. Her copy of Office 2003 Standard Edition was suddenly telling her that it needed to be activated after four years of faithful service. She is an AOLer, and her computer skills match the stereotype. She doesn't use the internet much, so has a limited dial-up plan. Anyways, after being unable to help her over the phone, as it seems the option to activate it via telephone was dimmed and the option to activate it via internet failed, I went over there. Once there, I discovered that somehow some strange way it had reve...

Can not empty out Deleted Items folder
I moved 400+ users from Mailstore 1 to Mailstore 2 on the same Exchange 2003 SP2 server and some users now can not delete/empty out their Deleted Items folder. Anyone experience this? What happens when they try? How did you move those users? Are they running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FBBF39C-7587-49ED-8E5F-7F7DDD7F5F13@microsoft.com... >I moved 400+ users from Mailstore 1 to Mailstore 2 on the same Exchange &g...

Outlook does not retain folders in FAVORITES
How do I get Outlook 2003 to retain the folders that I moved to favorites. It loses them when restarted. I am still looking for an answer to thiws. It is ridculous that this fails. On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:34:55 -0600, Rojo <w0mn00@gmail.com> wrote: >How do I get Outlook 2003 to retain the folders that I moved to >favorites. It loses them when restarted. ...

Lost logs files
Hi I have one Exchange 2003 and I have lost the disk where I had the logs, so know I can't work with Exchange. Could I recreate the logs with a command?. The last backup I have is of the last day, 24 hours. Thanks, 1. First of all make a copy of your edb and stm files jsut if it is required later. 2. Add the logs drive and create the same directory structure and see if the exchange server mounts the database. 3. If not your bet would be to restore the last backup. 4. If you have exchange 2003 restore your database in RSG and run a repair (long process) and then exmerge the new ...

Personal Folder not closing properly
I continually get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly." even when I know that I actually have closed things properly. Does anyone kno what causes this? The only time that I have seen this is during the beta's of Office and it never failed that Outlook was still resident in memory during logoff. Try looking for 3rd party programs (activesync, winfax, icq, microsoft word, ..etc) that is holding a reference to outlook. "Bryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:032701c4245b$eb4de0f0$a401280a@ph...

Outlook client displaying different folders than web client
CRM 3.0 Outlook client security issue: We limited security for several users to only see certain folders. This works fine on the web client but in their Outlook client they see all the folders. We have done everything we can think of to fix this including a fresh install of the CRM Outlook client on a new machine and still have same issue. Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas? ...

Sent messages are not going to the SENT ITEMS folder
When I send messages in Outlook 2000, sent messages are not going into the Sent Items folder. I've got the check box set at Tools, Options, E-Mail Options, Save Copies of Sent Messages in Sent Items Folder. It seems it was working, but not for the past three days. Any ideas? I'm using Windows XP Home, Office 2000. hgfd ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Lost All Forms
Has this happened to anyone else? Designing a form and all of a sudden all form objects are gone in Access 2007. Access asked to save the design of a form and that was the last I saw of 10 objects in this db. Showing tables and related views find no more forms in my db. James Did you try to compress and see if they come back? "JamesJ" <jjy@Darwin_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23mWH4NTgHHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Has this happened to anyone else? > Designing a form and all of a sudden all form objects are gone in Access > 2007. > Access asked ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

User reports lost messages from Inbox in exchange 2000
Good day. I have a disconcerting issue. A user logged onto his email at a remote location yesterday where he had 400 messages in his inbox. Today he reports that he has only 16 messages in his inbox. He said he did not archive on the remote machine. Is there any system log that I can access to check this type of mailbox activity? -- Network Administrator Neal & Massy Automotive Limited Trinidad Nigel I think you have two options. The first is a Mailbox manager process ran and the inbox items were processed. Check your Exchange server to see if this true. Two, a client side proces...

public folder age limit
on exchnage 2000 does anyone understand how this work ? If I set the limit to 10 days...does it delete stuff in the pf 10 days after it has been posted ? Or does it mean that it would delete all stuff prior to April 3rd (today being april 10th ).....i think its the former...just want to confirm though. Read this it should help clarify: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/PFBestPrac/2c7ce510-1b88-4f2c-a85d-797d699c438f.mspx?mfr=true Nue "Jay Taylor" <help4u@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ufF36KyXGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > on exchna...

Lost Dog
Has anyone seen my dog? Blind in one eye Missing one leg Recently fixed Goes by the name "Lucky" ...

Exchange and Outlook Sent Folder
When I am on the office server everthing is that is in the sent folder is correct it shows the receipiant and the subject. When I connect using exchange and look at the Sent folder everything shows me as the sender and the subject. How can I get it to look the same as when I am on the server ?? Thanks /pc change or reset the view... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

lost logs files in Exchange 5.5
The exchange folder was out of space. Logs only files were deleted to gain space THe MS Information Store service could not start with this error 4294965485 I've restored the last full backup. How can I recover lost mail N.B Private and Public IS are not damaged. Anything relevant in Application Event log? Innocent wrote: > The exchange folder was out of space. Logs only files were deleted to gain space. > THe MS Information Store service could not start with this error 4294965485. > I've restored the last full backup. How can I recover lost mails > > N.B Private and...

Remove folders replication
I have an Exchange server that contains various public folders. These folders were migrated from another server that is no longer in service. Three folders have age limits set, but are not deleting messages as they "expire". Further checks show these folders being listed under the Public Information Store -> Folder Replication Status. These folders are only on the one server, and all other property pages show no other replicas on any other system. The Public Information Store's folder replication status page shows no details for last modified time, and I can not fin...

Personal Folder not closed properly
I have an Outlook 2003 installation that is generating the “The data file ‘Personal Folders’ was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems.” error dialog when Outlook is launched for the first time after booting up. It consistently occurs on first launch after bootup, goes through the check routine and then functions OK. After the first time I can shut down and restart Outlook without getting the error. Most other threads on this error relate to having the PST file on a networkdrive, however in this case both the main and archive PST's are on the local C drive. An...

creating folders in crm
Dear All, Can anybody please tell me how to create public folders and sub folders which are accessed in Microsoft CRM 3.0.We are using Microsoft CRM web client.Please let me know ASAP. I am not sure if you can access the folders instead CRM as part of CRM folders but you can use "sitemap" and create new area in webclient. Thats one way to link to different web pages or sharepoint. /Aamir ...

sharing public folders between 2 companies
Hi! Can you please help me with the following problem: We are company ABC and have bought company XYZ. Both companies have exchange 2000. What we urgently need is to share public folders between the 2 companies. Is this possible? And is it possible to replicate the public folders? There is no way within the Exchange program to replicate these two heirarchy structures, but the Interorg Replication utility should do what you are looking for. Here is some documentation: 238573 XADM: Installing, Configuring, and Using the InterOrg Replication Utility http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238573 2...