Outlook Express and Outlook

Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not
Outlook Express, which is a different programme?  Later versions of Office
don't contain both by any chance?

B.W.

outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Outlook Express was included in XP and earlier Windows versions. Outlook
is a part of Office and has nothing in common with Outlook Express except
that part of its name. No versions of Office contains OE. All current
versions of Office contain MS Outlook.

Windows Live Mail is the successor to Outlook Express and runs on XP,
Vista and Win7.

Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download)
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message
> Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not
> Outlook Express, which is a different programme?  Later versions of
> Office don't contain both by any chance?
>
> B.W.

0
Bruce
6/21/2010 11:54:58 PM
Thank you Bruce, that's exactly what I understood.

B.W.

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook Express was included in XP and earlier Windows versions. Outlook
> is a part of Office and has nothing in common with Outlook Express except
> that part of its name. No versions of Office contains OE. All current
> versions of Office contain MS Outlook.
>
> Windows Live Mail is the successor to Outlook Express and runs on XP,
> Vista and Win7.
>
> Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download)
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message
>> Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not
>> Outlook Express, which is a different programme?  Later versions of
>> Office don't contain both by any chance?
>>
>> B.W.

You're welcome.
--

> Thank you Bruce, that's exactly what I understood.
>
> B.W.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Outlook Express was included in XP and earlier Windows versions.
>> Outlook is a part of Office and has nothing in common with Outlook
>> Express except that part of its name. No versions of Office contains
>> OE. All current versions of Office contain MS Outlook.
>>
>> Windows Live Mail is the successor to Outlook Express and runs on XP,
>> Vista and Win7.
>>
>> Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download)
>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message
>>> Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not
>>> Outlook Express, which is a different programme?  Later versions of
>>> Office don't contain both by any chance?
>>>
>>> B.W.

0
Bruce
6/22/2010 1:08:51 AM
"B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message

> Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not
> Outlook Express, which is a different programme?

Yes.

> Later versions of Office don't contain both by any chance?

No. OE came with some earlier versions of IE (5.5 and above?). ISTR my
W95a box didn't have OE until I installed an upgrade of IE. You can
still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available IE
but you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.

0
FromTheRafters
6/22/2010 1:35:19 AM
From everything I have read online, Outlook Express is neither part of
Windows 7 nor can it be run in Windows 7
  -  hence my original question

Ron

>> B.W.
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Outlook Express was included in XP and earlier Windows versions. Outlook
>>> is a part of Office and has nothing in common with Outlook Express
>>> except that part of its name. No versions of Office contains OE. All
>>> current versions of Office contain MS Outlook.
>>>
>>> Windows Live Mail is the successor to Outlook Express and runs on XP,
>>> Vista and Win7.
>>>
>>> Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download)
>>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message

0
Ron
6/22/2010 4:12:23 AM
You replied to me. Did you mean to reply to the OP?

You are correct about not running OE on Win7. You asked about transferring
the messages from OE to WLMail. If the reply you received is not
sufficient, please return to your thread and say so.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Ron Patterson" <a.baba@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> From everything I have read online, Outlook Express is neither part of
> Windows 7 nor can it be run in Windows 7
>  -  hence my original question
>
> Ron
>

>>> B.W.
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

0
Bruce
6/22/2010 4:22:55 AM
Ron Patterson wrote:
> From everything I have read online, Outlook Express is neither part of
> Windows 7 nor can it be run in Windows 7
>  -  hence my original question

Which you did not ask in this thread but which I did answer; cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/browse_frm/thread/5a115bcac180fec3

0
PA
6/22/2010 5:15:58 AM
News to me that you can get OE in IE8...

DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
[...]
> still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available IE but
> you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.

0
DAS
6/22/2010 12:58:28 PM
Anything is news to you, HoopleHead.
"DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
: News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
:
: DAS
:
: To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
: --
: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
: news:%23ZnavsaELHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: [...]
: > still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available IE
but
: > you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.
: >
:
:

0
Bickford
6/22/2010 2:06:08 PM
Bruce

 Office Home and Student 2003 2007 and 2010 does not come with Outlook. This is the
only version that does not contain Outlook

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook Express was included in XP and earlier Windows versions. Outlook is a part
> of Office and has nothing in common with Outlook Express except that part of its
> name. No versions of Office contains OE. All current versions of Office contain MS
> Outlook.
>
> Windows Live Mail is the successor to Outlook Express and runs on XP, Vista and
> Win7.
>
> Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download)
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message
>> Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not Outlook
>> Express, which is a different programme?  Later versions of Office don't contain
>> both by any chance?
>>
>> B.W.

0
Peter
6/22/2010 3:39:05 PM
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:35:19 -0400, FromTheRafters wrote:

> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message

>> Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not
>> Outlook Express, which is a different programme?

> Yes.

>> Later versions of Office don't contain both by any chance?

> No. OE came with some earlier versions of IE (5.5 and above?) ...

IE 5.5 and IE 6.0, but not IE 7 and later.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

I edited out all the Win98/me parts without checking to see how it
affected the rest of my post.

Should have been:

"...latest version of OE in the latest available IE for Win98/me."

Bruce covered the rest of the IE versions in his post.

Thanks, DAS

....and in case I don't see some regulars from this group again, It's
been a great experience reading here. Special thanks to Bruce Hagen, I
still have the same issue I came here with, but at least I know *why*
and how to fix it now. :o)

"DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
> News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
>
> DAS
>
> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
> --
> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> [...]
>> still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available IE
>> but you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.

0
FromTheRafters
6/22/2010 8:38:29 PM
"N. Miller" <anonymous@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:35:19 -0400, FromTheRafters wrote:
>
>> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message
>
>>> Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and
>>> not
>>> Outlook Express, which is a different programme?
>
>> Yes.
>
>>> Later versions of Office don't contain both by any chance?
>
>> No. OE came with some earlier versions of IE (5.5 and above?) ...
>
> IE 5.5 and IE 6.0, but not IE 7 and later.

Did W95a come with IE4 and 'Windows Mail' and 'Exchange' but no OE?

memory fades...

0
FromTheRafters
6/22/2010 8:42:41 PM
> "N. Miller" <anonymous@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:35:19 -0400, FromTheRafters wrote:
>>
>>> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message

>>> Yes.

>>> No. OE came with some earlier versions of IE (5.5 and above?) ...
>>
>> IE 5.5 and IE 6.0, but not IE 7 and later.
>
> Did W95a come with IE4 and 'Windows Mail' and 'Exchange' but no OE?
>
> memory fades...

Microsoft Mail and Intertnet News preceded OE in Win95. (Ergo, msimn)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express

0
Bruce
6/22/2010 8:53:16 PM
You're not gonna join the fun in Microsoft Answers, FTR?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

> Ooops.
>
> I edited out all the Win98/me parts without checking to see how it
> affected the rest of my post.
>
> Should have been:
>
> "...latest version of OE in the latest available IE for Win98/me."
>
> Bruce covered the rest of the IE versions in his post.
>
> Thanks, DAS
>
> ...and in case I don't see some regulars from this group again, It's
> been a great experience reading here. Special thanks to Bruce Hagen, I
> still have the same issue I came here with, but at least I know *why*
> and how to fix it now. :o)
>
> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
>>
>> DAS
>>
>> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
>> --
>> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> [...]
>>> still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available IE
>>> but you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.

0
Bruce
6/22/2010 8:55:04 PM
Probably not, I'm more the unmoderated usenet group type. :o)

> You're not gonna join the fun in Microsoft Answers, FTR?
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> Ooops.
>>
>> I edited out all the Win98/me parts without checking to see how it
>> affected the rest of my post.
>>
>> Should have been:
>>
>> "...latest version of OE in the latest available IE for Win98/me."
>>
>> Bruce covered the rest of the IE versions in his post.
>>
>> Thanks, DAS
>>
>> ...and in case I don't see some regulars from this group again, It's
>> been a great experience reading here. Special thanks to Bruce Hagen,
>> I still have the same issue I came here with, but at least I know
>> *why* and how to fix it now. :o)
>>
>> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
>>>
>>> DAS
>>>
>>> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
>>> --
>>> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>>> [...]

0
FromTheRafters
6/22/2010 10:34:44 PM

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> "N. Miller" <anonymous@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message

>>> IE 5.5 and IE 6.0, but not IE 7 and later.
>>
>> Did W95a come with IE4 and 'Windows Mail' and 'Exchange' but no OE?
>>
>> memory fades...
>

> Microsoft Mail and Intertnet News preceded OE in Win95. (Ergo, msimn)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express

Ah, yes. "Microsoft" Mail.

Thanks, Bruce.

0
FromTheRafters
6/22/2010 10:36:32 PM
OE came with IE versions 4 through 6.

It's predecessor Internet Mail and News (IMN) came with IE3.

But you could get versions IE without OE or IMN.  That caused a number
of problems.  People would update IE without including OE and their
older version of OE would malfunction.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> "N. Miller" <anonymous@msnews.aosake.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:35:19 -0400, FromTheRafters wrote:
>>
>>> "B.W." <bw@nomail.Invalid.> wrote in message

>>> Yes.

>>> No. OE came with some earlier versions of IE (5.5 and above?) ...
>>
>> IE 5.5 and IE 6.0, but not IE 7 and later.
>
> Did W95a come with IE4 and 'Windows Mail' and 'Exchange' but no OE?
>
> memory fades...

0
Michael
6/23/2010 3:59:02 AM
"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message

> OE came with IE versions 4 through 6.
>
> It's predecessor Internet Mail and News (IMN) came with IE3.

Thanks, Michael, that must be the one I was thinking of. So, the
earliest version of Windows to have OE on the installation disc would be
W95b? Win95a IIRC had IE and on the first run (webpage?) suggested an
upgrade. Perhaps only because of when I did it, IE 5 was the first
version 'in my experience' to have OE.

> But you could get versions IE without OE or IMN.  That caused a number
> of problems.  People would update IE without including OE and their
> older version of OE would malfunction.

That's a bummer, like having vulnerable Java versions lying around
because it wasn't *all* updated.

It makes sense to me to have a certain amout of integration in programs
with so many similar functions, It makes me wonder about the decision to
not include an e-mail client in Win7 or IE8. Perhaps the OS now provides
for more of the common needs and integration is less necessary.

0
FromTheRafters
6/23/2010 12:07:25 PM
For a variety of reasons, Microsoft's current free mail client (Windows
Live Mail - WLM) was moved from being part of IE) to the Windows Live
(WL) product line.

Part of that is integration.

WLM shares contacts with Messenger, Photo e-mail integration, Hotmail
integration, etc.

Part of that is revenue.  OE never had a revenue source.  WL has ad
revenue.

As far as being included with Win7, Microsoft's stated reason is that WL
is on a different and more frequent development cycle than Windows.

But no doubt, a consideration is Microsoft constantly being sued for
Windows having too much functionality.  Making WL a separate download
avoids that hassle.

One thing the WL installer does do is forced updates across the product
line.  The user can choose to install any or all components of the
Windows Live Essentials.  But when you go to update any one component,
you are forced to update all installed components at the same time.

That avoids some compatibility issues.  But like OE, WLM is still
dependent on IE for some services (e.g. HTML rendering and Printing) and
updates to IE can have an adverse effect on WLM.

--

> "Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
>
>> OE came with IE versions 4 through 6.
>>
>> It's predecessor Internet Mail and News (IMN) came with IE3.
>
> Thanks, Michael, that must be the one I was thinking of. So, the
> earliest version of Windows to have OE on the installation disc would
> be W95b? Win95a IIRC had IE and on the first run (webpage?) suggested
> an upgrade. Perhaps only because of when I did it, IE 5 was the first
> version 'in my experience' to have OE.
>
>> But you could get versions IE without OE or IMN.  That caused a
>> number of problems.  People would update IE without including OE and
>> their older version of OE would malfunction.
>
> That's a bummer, like having vulnerable Java versions lying around
> because it wasn't *all* updated.
>
> It makes sense to me to have a certain amout of integration in
> programs with so many similar functions, It makes me wonder about the
> decision to not include an e-mail client in Win7 or IE8. Perhaps the
> OS now provides for more of the common needs and integration is less
> necessary.

0
Michael
6/23/2010 8:00:20 PM
Mr BS again.  Your initials sum up your dribblings.

"Bickford Shmeckler" <Bickford@Shmeckler.invalid> wrote in message
> Anything is news to you, HoopleHead.
> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
> : News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
> :
> : DAS
> :
> : To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
> : --
> : "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> : news:%23ZnavsaELHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> : [...]
> : > still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available IE
> but
> : > you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.
> : >
> :
> :

0
DAS
6/24/2010 2:14:06 PM
Were you actually born a HoopleHead, or did you have to lower yourself to
achieve the goal?

: Mr BS again.  Your initials sum up your dribblings.
:
: DAS
:
: To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
: --
: "Bickford Shmeckler" <Bickford@Shmeckler.invalid> wrote in message
: news:hvqg1i$rng$1@news.eternal-september.org...
: > Anything is news to you, HoopleHead.
: > "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
: > news:1N2dnXmIlaYdLr3RnZ2dnUVZ7sKdnZ2d@pipex.net...
: > : News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
: > :
: > : DAS
: > :
: > : To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
: > : --
: > : "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
: > : news:%23ZnavsaELHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: > : [...]
: > : > still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available
IE
: > but
: > : > you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.
: > : >
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

0
Moron
6/24/2010 2:36:53 PM
Changing the sender's name does not disguide the fact that you have yery
limited vocab.  But the name yet again fits: moron....

I don't think you can get beyond about 30 words, none of which is original,
including 'your' "Hooplehead", purloined from a TV show.

"Moron van der Loon" <moron@vdl.invalid> wrote in message
> Were you actually born a HoopleHead, or did you have to lower yourself to
> achieve the goal?
>
> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
> : Mr BS again.  Your initials sum up your dribblings.
> :
> : DAS
> :
> : To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
> : --
> : "Bickford Shmeckler" <Bickford@Shmeckler.invalid> wrote in message
> : news:hvqg1i$rng$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> : > Anything is news to you, HoopleHead.
> : > "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
> : > news:1N2dnXmIlaYdLr3RnZ2dnUVZ7sKdnZ2d@pipex.net...
> : > : News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
> : > :
> : > : DAS
> : > :
> : > : To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
> : > : --
> : > : "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> : > : news:%23ZnavsaELHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> : > : [...]
> : > : > still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available
> IE
> : > but
> : > : > you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.
> : > : >
> : > :
> : > :
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

0
DAS
6/24/2010 7:06:06 PM
Now you are the King of the hoopleheads. Distinguished award

--

> Changing the sender's name does not disguide the fact that you have yery limited
> vocab.  But the name yet again fits: moron....
>
> I don't think you can get beyond about 30 words, none of which is original,
> including 'your' "Hooplehead", purloined from a TV show.
>
> DAS
>
> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
> --
> "Moron van der Loon" <moron@vdl.invalid> wrote in message
>> Were you actually born a HoopleHead, or did you have to lower yourself to
>> achieve the goal?
>>
>> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> : Mr BS again.  Your initials sum up your dribblings.
>> :
>> : DAS
>> :
>> : To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
>> : --
>> : "Bickford Shmeckler" <Bickford@Shmeckler.invalid> wrote in message
>> : news:hvqg1i$rng$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> : > Anything is news to you, HoopleHead.
>> : > "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> : > news:1N2dnXmIlaYdLr3RnZ2dnUVZ7sKdnZ2d@pipex.net...
>> : > : News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
>> : > :
>> : > : DAS
>> : > :
>> : > : To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
>> : > : --
>> : > : "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> : > : news:%23ZnavsaELHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> : > : [...]
>> : > : > still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest available
>> IE
>> : > but
>> : > : > you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.
>> : > : >
>> : > :
>> : > :
>> : >
>> : >
>> :
>> :

0
Peter
6/25/2010 5:56:49 AM
6 days & counting...

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Now you are the King of the hoopleheads. Distinguished award
>

> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Changing the sender's name does not disguide the fact that you have yery
>> limited vocab.  But the name yet again fits: moron....
>>
>> I don't think you can get beyond about 30 words, none of which is
>> original,
>> including 'your' "Hooplehead", purloined from a TV show.
>>
>> DAS
>>
>> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
>> --
>> "Moron van der Loon" <moron@vdl.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Were you actually born a HoopleHead, or did you have to lower yourself
>>> achieve the goal?
>>>
>>> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message

0
PA
6/25/2010 7:26:38 AM
:-) :-0

For this time I am proud to hold the "King of the hoopleheads. Distinguished
award"....

>6 days & counting...
>
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>> Now you are the King of the hoopleheads. Distinguished award
>>

>> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Changing the sender's name does not disguide the fact that you have yery
>>> limited vocab.  But the name yet again fits: moron....
>>>
>>> I don't think you can get beyond about 30 words, none of which is
>>> original,
>>> including 'your' "Hooplehead", purloined from a TV show.
>>>
>>> DAS
>>>
>>> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
>>> --
>>> "Moron van der Loon" <moron@vdl.invalid> wrote in message

0
DAS
6/25/2010 4:22:01 PM
Excellent. You deserve it. Since you know what a HoopleHead is, you finally
admit to your idiocrity.
"DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
: :-) :-0
:
: > Peter Foldes wrote:
: >> Now you are the King of the hoopleheads. Distinguished award
: >>
: >>
: >> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
: >> news:rvSdnWCRybE5Mb7RnZ2dnUVZ8tSdnZ2d@pipex.net...
: >>> Changing the sender's name does not disguide the fact that you have
yery
: >>> limited vocab.  But the name yet again fits: moron....
: >>>
: >>> I don't think you can get beyond about 30 words, none of which is
: >>> original,
: >>> including 'your' "Hooplehead", purloined from a TV show.
: >>>
: >>> DAS
: >>>
: >>> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
: >>> --
: >>> "Moron van der Loon" <moron@vdl.invalid> wrote in message
: >>> news:hvvqj9$fvd$1@news.eternal-september.org...
: >>>> Were you actually born a HoopleHead, or did you have to lower
yourself
: >>>> achieve the goal?
: >>>>
: >>>> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
: >>>> news:Gd2dnZL0KsGi9b7RnZ2dnUVZ8gSdnZ2d@pipex.net...
: >>>>> Mr BS again.  Your initials sum up your dribblings.
: >>>>>
: >>>>> DAS
: >>>>>
: >>>>> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
: >>>>> --
: >>>>> "Bickford Shmeckler" <Bickford@Shmeckler.invalid> wrote in message
: >>>>> news:hvqg1i$rng$1@news.eternal-september.org...
: >>>>>> Anything is news to you, HoopleHead.
: >>>>>> "DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
: >>>>>> news:1N2dnXmIlaYdLr3RnZ2dnUVZ7sKdnZ2d@pipex.net...
: >>>>>>> News to me that you can get OE in IE8...
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>> DAS
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
: >>>>>>> --
: >>>>>>> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
: >>>>>>> news:%23ZnavsaELHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: >>>>>>> [...]
: >>>>>>>> still get the latest version of OE by getting the latest
available
: >>>>>>>> IE
: >>>>>>>> but you might not be able to run it well on some OSes.
: >
:
:

0
Yuri
6/25/2010 4:43:25 PM
<tick-tick-tick> 4 days & counting...

On Jun 25, 3:26=A0am, PA Bear wrote:
> 6 days & counting...
0
PA
6/26/2010 11:01:45 PM
Then, the hoopleheads will mostly disappear.

On Jun 25, 3:26 am, PA Bear wrote:
> 6 days & counting...

0
Yuri
6/28/2010 12:37:53 PM
Starting with you, perhaps.

"Yuri Nalysis" <yuri@nalysis.invalid> wrote in message
> Then, the hoopleheads will mostly disappear.
>
> "PA Bear, MS MVP" <pabearmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> <tick-tick-tick> 4 days & counting...
>
> On Jun 25, 3:26 am, PA Bear wrote:
>> 6 days & counting...

0
DAS
6/28/2010 4:00:18 PM
Oh, no. I'll always be around.

"DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
: Starting with you, perhaps.
:
: DAS
:
: To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
: --
: "Yuri Nalysis" <yuri@nalysis.invalid> wrote in message
: news:i0a546$4hk$1@news.eternal-september.org...
: > Then, the hoopleheads will mostly disappear.
: >
: > "PA Bear, MS MVP" <pabearmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
: >
: > <tick-tick-tick> 4 days & counting...
: >
: > On Jun 25, 3:26 am, PA Bear wrote:
: >> 6 days & counting...
: >
: >
:
:

0
Yuri
6/28/2010 4:22:06 PM
ITHM he will be making the shift to web-based hoopleheads. IOW *he* will
no longer be *here* with *us*.

"DAS" <nobody@spam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Starting with you, perhaps.
>
> DAS
>
> To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
> --
> "Yuri Nalysis" <yuri@nalysis.invalid> wrote in message
>> Then, the hoopleheads will mostly disappear.
>>
>> "PA Bear, MS MVP" <pabearmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> <tick-tick-tick> 4 days & counting...
>>
>> On Jun 25, 3:26 am, PA Bear wrote:
>>> 6 days & counting...

0
FromTheRafters

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook and links in emails

Connect to SQL Express 2008 on local machine
Hi all, I am trying to link an Access Database to a SQLExpress 2008 database on my own machine. I can create a DSN that can see, and link to, the System databases (using Windows Authentication), but it can't see / connect to the database that I have created. Do I have to give myself specific permissions to my new database? Thanks - Ray You're lucky. I can't even get Access to connect to sql server at all. I tried with Access XP and sql server 2008, but Access throws a canary and tells me only sql server 2000 databases or earlier are supported. I also tried using Access ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Date in criteria expression
The following is giving me an error message "data type mismatch in criteria expression": If Not IsNull(DLookup("ClassDate", "tblSCC", "([ClassDate] = '" & .ClassDate & "')")) Then... Is there something tricky about a date field that I don't know about? Rip On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:47:49 -0400, RipperT wrote: > The following is giving me an error message "data type mismatch in criteria > expression": > > If Not IsNull(DLookup("ClassDate", "tblSCC", "([ClassDate] = '&...

Outlook XP to Outlook 2002
Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Files are incompatable (normal). Is there anyway this can be done. My computer at home is Brand new with MS Small for XP (new). I usually get my mail from work at home and at the end of the day(s), I create a *.pst to send to work and load into my main Outlook (2002 version). Any sugguestions if any. Thanks gene Gene <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP > (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Huh? Office XP contains Outlook 2002. ...