OE disappears!

I open OE - no problem. Switch to my second identity. OE appears to close
down, there is no evidence of it still running. Open task manager, no
applications are running. Try to open OE - I get a message that it can't
start as it is already running. So, I log off windows restart, open OE and
it opens in my second identity.

This has only just started happening and occasionally in that time has
worked correctly. I have run a deep virus scan. Can anyone suggest what has
happened?

Pete

0
Peter
3/17/2010 1:59:06 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

quick oe query
hope youre all doing well. had to write a very long letter & had spent over an hour on it, then i hit a button on the keyboard & just like that, it was all gone - not a draft, not sent, not in the out box, just gone - what freaking button am i hitting as this is not the first time! many thanks -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, SuperAntiSpyware, BitDefender & C...

oe 6.x
hello, what are the file extensions for oe 6.x mail and for the oe 6.x (?windows?) address book? (friend *lost* the above) thanks in advance dbx and wab Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tanya" ...

Set up new identity in OE, now OE won't run
I set up a new Id in OE, changed to the new id , created an additional folder, moved mail to new folder, switched back to main Id. OE asked if it must be set as default mail prog, & I clicked YES. It took me back to desktop, and now I can't access OE from anywhere!!? Please help? Sorry Jo-Anne, This is an outlook newsgroup. They may sound the same, but they're totally different products. You need to take this to the Outlook Express newsgroup. ....but, if I may offer a hint, you didn't mention changing your identity on the computer. OE may still think you're the ol...

Mail Disappeared
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 with Outlook 2000 at latest patch level. I have a laptop user with offline folders enabled that syncs. This user previously had a desktop PC and no need for offline folders, but had accumulated 2 years of emails in their deleted items folder. We converted to the laptop and offline folders and all has worked well for months. He encountered a problem and does not believe he did anything to cause it and I'm trying to figure out what happened. Here are the details: The users deleted items folder at some point prior to today (he believes within 5 days) contained m...

Outlook Today has disappeared!
Do not know what the hell my Outlook 2000 is up to but I noticed today that when it starts up my default view in the main panel is "Personal Folders".... the short cuts down the left column (e.g. Calendar, Contacts...) work but the Outlook Today shortcut takes me back to the Personal folders display.... how do I get my Outlook Today view back? If I click on the Outlook Today button on the toolbar I get a message "Outlook could not start because a location to send/receive email could not be found..." - refers to the Mail option in control panel to change settings.... this mi...

data disappearing
Dynamics GP v9.0 user has new computer Problem: User Defined information and line items 'disappear' upon reopening an open ORDER. We have ONE user out of 22 who has this problem. She is our main order entry person. She will enter orders and a few days later, go back and open an order to add information to it and all line items and information has disappeared. this is only happening on her computer - this is the first time it has happened since getting her a new computer and loading everything up. PLEASE - IF ANYONE knows of any reason why information would disappear and on...

OE
Can't get hyperlinks in e-mail working ...

OE 6
I have saved OE6 .dbx folders and .eml extensions to a USB storage device. My question is: How do I open .eml EMAIL, and restore the .dbx folders to view saved messages? On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:46:06 -0700, MR ZAG wrote: > I have saved OE6 .dbx folders and .eml extensions to a USB storage device. My > question is: How do I open .eml EMAIL, and restore the .dbx folders to view > saved messages? Which has what to do with Windows Live Mail? WLM doesn't use .dbx files, and I've left MSOE behind. -- Norman ~Oh Lord, why have you come ~To Konnyu, with the Lion...

Menu items disappear
I'm running a Microsoft Office X for Mac and yesterday I noticed that the "Undo" option in the Edit menu had disappeared. Poof! Gone. Later, I also noticed that the "Symbols" option in the Insert menu was also gone. What's happened and what can I do about it? The first consideration is that Office (10.1.9) & whatever version of OS X be fully updated & that disk permissions have been repaired using the OS X Disk Utility app or comparable utility. I don't remember that version of Office too well, but you need to go into the dialog window f...

Emails disappearing from Outlook/Exchange 2007
Hello, I have a user who started noticing some of his emails were not showing up in his inbox. I have checked everything I can think of. Here is the run down: Emails seems to be random, some with attachments, some without. From different senders. In some cases he already got many emails from the sender in the past, even that day, but then one will not show up. The only similarity I can see is that they are all external senders so far. I have searched all his pst files and in OWA. Message Tracking in Exchange 2007 says they got delivered to his inbox. Emails are not ...

CComboBox disappears(or might be getting repositioned) when the toolbar is dragged to the left side of the window
Hello All, I have a strange issue with a CComboBox on a CToolbar object. I will try to describe it as clearly as possible and please let me know if I am not clear enough. I can try to elaborate. I have a CToolbar object on which I have about 4 buttons and two combo boxes. They are arranged as follows on the toolbar. ( I will be using the follwoing terminology to indicate the positions of each control on the toolbar - "B" - Button, "C" - ComboBox and "|" - Separator ) B1C1B2|B3C2 Now, what I did was to programmatically hide some buttons. Let's say I hide b...

Default OE Express to Outlook News Reader
I have two workstations both with Outlook 2003 installed. On one of them when I do GO|News I get the Outlook NewS Reader View of OE, the other gives me the standard Outlook Express View. I like the Outlook Reader View and setup much better, How do I get it to my workstation defaulted to the view I prefer. Thanks, Mike Set OE to be the default news reader in Control Panel, but not in the application. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c501c3ac12$60bfd7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have two workstations bo...

Folders Disappearing
Anyone ever run across a case where folders disappear. Several times over the last few months we have run into a situtation where peoples folders are there one day and not the next..... Jim which folders? "Jimmy1264" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181cc01c42263$0aa8fc50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone ever run across a case where folders disappear. > > Several times over the last few months we have run into a > situtation where peoples folders are there one day and not > the next..... > > Jim ...

inbox msgs disappeared
i shut down my computer improperly and lost all my inbox msgs. i called my provider Cox Cable and they had me adjust a setting, so in the future my msgs are saved on their server. meanwhile, the others are gone. is there any way to recover these lost msgs? thank you. First, while in the Inbox: View | Current View. Make sure Show All Messages is checked and nothing else. If that does not resolve it, you have bigger issues. The two most common reasons for what you describe is disruption of the compacting process, (never touch anything until it's finished), or blo...

Export OE Address Book to Outlook?
We have just added a new machine and it is running XP Pro with Outlook. Problem is we need the e-mail address book from our old system on the new one. The old system runs XP Home using Outlook Express. Outlook will not allow me to Import the exported address book from the old machine. Any suggestions? Export the wab from Outlook Express to a pab-file (Personal Address Book) Then import this pab-file into Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 --...

Messages disappear from inbox
From the inbox open, read, close a message and sometimes it will "disappear" from the inbox but when the outlook client is closed and then reopened it is back. Help! One issue that will cause this is if you are using Windows XP and have Internet Connection Firewall turned on in network settings. This restricts udp packets from getting to your Outlook client for new mail notifications. Of course I would ONLY turn off Internet Connection Firewall if you are already behind a secure firewall. Microsoft KB article 815052 adds some additional information. Jeff Williams >--...

GAL and OE
Hi, How can I transfer my outlook 2003 GAL list to Outlook express.Your earliest response will be appreciated. Thanks and regards Skak You can add the active directory as an ldap address source - this is the easiest, although it might not work unless you are connected inside the network. You can try sharing it with OE - but it will hide all contacts already in OE's address book. It will also require Outlook to run in a hidden state, partially loaded in Outlook. Otherwise, save the entries in the GAL as contacts and export them to OE. http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshar...

broken links in OE
Is this a simple problem My links do not respond in Outlook Express I have consulted MSKB without sucess. any helpfull suggestions appreciated Tried resetting your Internet Explorer Web settings already? It's on the Programs tab of Internet Options... in IE Also note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips o...

oe express 6, restoring backed up folders gives "illegal operation"
Friends, I know this board is not for Outlook Express, but I don't see an OE board, and am hoping an expert can help me through a major problem. Just came back from overseas. Before I left, worrying about house being burglarized and computer stolen, I copied the email folder (that I'd astutely named EMAIL) to a CD-R, and then deleted the folder. It had many files, most with a .dbx extension, that were clearly the emails I'd received and sent over the years. In regular Outlook (at work), I've backed up my emails or transferred them to another computer by copying the .p...

My Word 2007 status bar has disappeared.
My Word 2007 status bar has disappeared. I've tried the safe mode suggestion. That brings it back but won't let you do some of the editing like headers. When I go into Word normally, it doesn't have the status bar anymore. I have also looked at add-ins. That doesn't seem to be the problem. Any other suggestions? -- bkjar ...

Import OE 5 mail folders & msgs to new pc with OE 6
The solution below didn't work for me from Tom's site. has good info but didn't work. Can some one please help... I did everything here 3 times. my files are in .dbx format "How do I import OE5 and OE6 mail folders?" Importing from a CDRW or Zip disk OE must have write-access to any *.dbx files you want to import. You must therefore copy the files to your hard disk and then turn off the Read-Only attribute. In Explorer, select all the files, then right-click on any one and select Properties. You can then uncheck the Read- Only box. Or at a DOS prompt, enter this: ...

OE LINKS
Hey there. I can not open any links in OE using Safari Web Browser. Any ideas how to fix this. Thanks. Paul Is Safari configured as the default Browser in the Custom section (important!) of Set Program Access and Defaults? That being said, OE "expects" IE to be the default. Paul Koukos wrote: > Hey there. I can not open any links in OE using Safari Web Browser. Any > ideas how to fix this. In Safari under Pref Safari is the Default Browser. Is there another place I can do that so that links from OE6 can work? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote...

One OE identity hangs OE
My other OE identities work fine, but one identity, when switched to, cannot be exited or switched out of. Instead, its inbox messages get duplicated multiple times. If I end the OE task to get out of this hang, the same thing occurs the next time I enter that identity. If I just let it remain in the "hung" state, eventually I get a window saying a download timed out. I don't know what download is started in the process of attempting to exit out of that identity. It seems that something in that idntity's mailbox has been corrupted. Is there any way to "cl...

AA permissions keep disappearing?
We have one user that routinely has her user access to distribute/adjust AA codes disappear. Each time, I go in and give her access again, but then a week or two later have to do it all over again. It has not happened to anyone else. Has anyone run into something similiar or have any clue what could be happening? (this user has also had a handful of other non-repeatable issues, which we haven't been able to figure out). Laura Is this still a problem? i think whenever you change the password, it resets "lkulick" wrote: > We have one user that routinely has her...

why do my column charts disappear #2
I have column charts in my workbook but as I am adding some data, the charts disappear and become lines. Why? ...