OE and newsgroups error

When trying to download a message I get the message: "OE could not be
displayed. unexpected problem, check for low memory, etc.". Furthermore,
sometimes OE displayes the "nonresponsive and needs to close" message. In
any case, I must reboot the computer (restarting OE is not enough; it
remains unresponsive even after restart).

Now, this happens only with certain newsgroups AND with a given provider.
Before I became aware of this, I tried different ways to try to solve this
issue, and went as far as to reinstall IE8, to no avail.

I tried deleting the suspicious newsgroups DBX files, to no avail. I don't
want to delete the whole DBX folder, because I don't want to lose all my
personal mail folders.

I subscribed to a different news provider, and with this provider this issue
does not happen. One problem is that when I delete the DBX file, I cannot
know which file belongs to which provider.

I'll be thankful for any guidelines.

TIA
Humpty

0
Humpty
5/21/2010 3:48:12 AM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You left out a lot of important information. However, since you have found
a server that works for you, I would do this if you don't want to bother
figuring out which dbx file is for which server.

Create a new identity and set up your newsgroups with the working news
server. Assuming this works for you, import all your e-mail
messages/folders from your current identity. Import the Address Book as
well.

Everything working OK? Delete the old identity and just use the new one.

Note that more and more ISPs are discontinuing news server usage and you
may have run across one.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message
> When trying to download a message I get the message: "OE could not be
> displayed. unexpected problem, check for low memory, etc.". Furthermore,
> sometimes OE displayes the "nonresponsive and needs to close" message.
> In
> any case, I must reboot the computer (restarting OE is not enough; it
> remains unresponsive even after restart).
>
> Now, this happens only with certain newsgroups AND with a given
> provider.
> Before I became aware of this, I tried different ways to try to solve
> this
> issue, and went as far as to reinstall IE8, to no avail.
>
> I tried deleting the suspicious newsgroups DBX files, to no avail. I
> don't
> want to delete the whole DBX folder, because I don't want to lose all my
> personal mail folders.
>
> I subscribed to a different news provider, and with this provider this
> issue
> does not happen. One problem is that when I delete the DBX file, I
> cannot
> know which file belongs to which provider.
>
> I'll be thankful for any guidelines.
>
> TIA
> Humpty

0
Bruce
5/21/2010 4:10:11 AM
> Now, this happens only with certain newsgroups AND with a given provider.

Which newsgroups accessed on which newsserver?

General OE Caveats (which you should know by heart now but I'll post 'em
anyway):

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline".  More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt to
close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting
is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application.  It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection:

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
> When trying to download a message I get the message: "OE could not be
> displayed. unexpected problem, check for low memory, etc.". Furthermore,
> sometimes OE displayes the "nonresponsive and needs to close" message. In
> any case, I must reboot the computer (restarting OE is not enough; it
> remains unresponsive even after restart).
>
> Now, this happens only with certain newsgroups AND with a given provider.
> Before I became aware of this, I tried different ways to try to solve this
> issue, and went as far as to reinstall IE8, to no avail.
>
> I tried deleting the suspicious newsgroups DBX files, to no avail. I don't
> want to delete the whole DBX folder, because I don't want to lose all my
> personal mail folders.
>
> I subscribed to a different news provider, and with this provider this
> issue
> does not happen. One problem is that when I delete the DBX file, I cannot
> know which file belongs to which provider.
>
> I'll be thankful for any guidelines.
>
> TIA
> Humpty

0
PA

Error
Hi Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. We get these error msgs regularly and want to know how to find what is causing it. Also KB article 268831 discusses this but only for Exchange 2000. Is it the same solution for Exchange 2003.?? The event msgs are Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 04/03/04 Time: 4:35:31 PM User: N/A Computer: APOLLO Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (APOLLO)". Function name or description of problem: EcGenerateReadReport: Function n...

LDAP Recurrent Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5AFD7.24E2F410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! On My Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 Server an LDAP error is logged = EACH HOUR. It's alway about a failed modification over an object that = does not exists. Here is an example Log: =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

Error 25015. Failed to install.....because of system error: 0x80131107
Error 25015. Failed to install assembly 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll' because of system error: 0x80131107 I know I posted a thread below this one, but I need help on this too. I just need .NET Framework v2.0, so I tried to get it and at the end of install I got the error message above, and help? -- oblivion92 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oblivion92's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156398.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-...

Error 360 (0x80042428) DPM 2010
I posted 24 hours ago and don't see the post, so reposting... When I try to create a protection group in DPM 2010, I am getting the following error: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: Unknown error (0x80042428) Recommended action: Retry the operation. I have read and tried several suggestions around error 360 including rebooting, restarting virtual disc service, making sure disk in storage pool is using GUID Partition Table, etc. None of these suggestions have an effect. I have also tried only adding local discs to the prote...

quick oe query
hope youre all doing well. had to write a very long letter & had spent over an hour on it, then i hit a button on the keyboard & just like that, it was all gone - not a draft, not sent, not in the out box, just gone - what freaking button am i hitting as this is not the first time! many thanks -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, SuperAntiSpyware, BitDefender & C...

Bluetooth Card error
Hi All Recently ,i have done something about the bluetooth develepment,now i have some problems,when i initial the Hci layer,the program throwout initial error :card error,it means not found the memory card,i don't know why,please tell me the answer? I develep the bluethooth in Pocket PC with VC++. The machine is Intermec Hmm, recently you "have done something" and "the program" "throwout" initial error "card error" None of that means anything to anyone but you which makes it difficult to help you. What did you do re...

oe 6.x
hello, what are the file extensions for oe 6.x mail and for the oe 6.x (?windows?) address book? (friend *lost* the above) thanks in advance dbx and wab Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tanya" ...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

Outlook Sync Error!!!
Hi All, We are having trouble going offline with CRM Server by using the Outlook Client. System objects such as “Notes”, “Activities”, "Contacts", etc. are download without error but once the system starts to pull Opportunities I get the following error on my local computer. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. saInsert failed for entity 'Opportunity', batchRows=99 with exception System.Data.SqlClient.Sq...

Macro Recording Error
Word 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3 I have run into a (apparently) random, but recurring error while recording macros: The macro records without a Sub line, displays fine in the editor, but crashes Word when I click inside the editor window. Any thoughts? Error Info: AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 11.0.8313.0 AppStamp:4a793d83 ModName: vbe6.dll ModVer: 6.5.10.40 ModStamp:48a4b5d6 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00075b00 ...

SBS 2003, MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store, Error: -1102 Warning
Hi all, I have event warning on the SBS 2003 - MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store. It is only warning but it will nice to have some explanation. Thank you, The log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 30/03/2005 Time: 3:36:35 p.m. User: N/A Computer: MYSERVER Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MYSERVER)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID 2-45000A) Retrying withou...

KRNL386.exe error
When I attempt to create new email I get this message..system will send the 1st email, but anything after that i get the message and then the computer hangs up and I cant get out of it without cutting power...this just started this morning. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:0000663d. register blah blah blah THANKS!!!!! Lee Anne lafuller@ci.martinsville.va.us ...

Set up new identity in OE, now OE won't run
I set up a new Id in OE, changed to the new id , created an additional folder, moved mail to new folder, switched back to main Id. OE asked if it must be set as default mail prog, & I clicked YES. It took me back to desktop, and now I can't access OE from anywhere!!? Please help? Sorry Jo-Anne, This is an outlook newsgroup. They may sound the same, but they're totally different products. You need to take this to the Outlook Express newsgroup. ....but, if I may offer a hint, you didn't mention changing your identity on the computer. OE may still think you're the ol...

replication error #2
this error appears every 5 minutes and replica only exists on this server anyone know why this keeps coming up? exchange 2003 sp2 can't find anything in google on this; no other errors or warnings at the time it started a couple days ago in the middle of the night Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Replication Errors Event ID: 3092 Date: 12/30/2006 Time: 9:32:42 PM User: N/A Computer: <server> Description: Error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event. Folder: (5-36C2) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\/o=First Organizat...

mail routing error
I get this message now that I have setup my connector to properly route mail through my frount end server. Any ideas as to why? Thanks so much. A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator Hi, this message means there is some routing loop. Can you describe your configuration on your front-end and back-end servers? "microsoft" wrote: > I get this message now that I have setup my connector to properly route mail > through my frount end server. Any ideas as...

Can't see newsgroups with WML
Setup: Dell XPS, Windows 7, Bresnan.net host; McAfee with virus protection and firewall disabled. No other active anti-spyware. When I try to access newsgroups through Bresnan, I get the message "Windows Live Mail cannot connect to the Internet, possibly because an antivirus or firewall program won't allow it..." I can see newsgroups in Microsoft Communities. Hotmail (WLM) and Bresnan email work. Just two weeks ago I could view newsgroups with XPS and Outlook Express, and my router and network are unchanged. Suggestions? Thanks. "David Smith" &...

OE
Can't get hyperlinks in e-mail working ...

Clip Org. error code
When I go to open up the clip org. (with office doc. or by itself) an error comes up saying error in the DLL error # Ox800401F9. I checked and updated the MDAC and it made no difference. I am running Windows XP with Office XP Ver. 2002 and Publisher 2002 Also have checked the updates and have both service updates. Any other ideas? Might try this Clip2002: "Pure Virtual Function Call" Error When You Start Clip Organizer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293831 This article has some information if you have PCAnywhere installed Clip2002: "Clip Organiz...

User Access Error #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3E75A.6A944280 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I have to admit here to a huge blunder.=20 I have installed CRM 1.2 ok, users are in Active Directory. Logged in as the server administrator (active directory entry) rather = than a crm administrator (kind of the same thing really). In the process of creating Business Units etc I decided I wanted to "see = what happens" if I disable the top Business Unit. In this case Microsoft CRM. Nice...

Trap error for trendline clear button?
Hi everyone I have 2 data series on an XY scattergraph. I have created buttons for turning the associated trendlines ON/OFF. Trendline 1 is the trendline for series 1. The sheet opens with trendline 1 on and trendline 2 off One button (A) turns trendline 1 off and trendline 2 on The other button (B) does the opposite (turns trendline 2 off and trendline 1 on) The idea is that one trendline replaces the other. However, if the user clicks the 'wrong button' (e.g clicks A when trendline 1 is already off) I get a runtime error 1004 (unable to get the trendline properties of the series cla...

Multiple Errors
1. When I try to open a word document straight from an email, nothing happens. I double-click or right-click then "open" and nothing happens. I can save the file, open the word program and then open the file -but no word docs open straight from the email itself. I have checked the temp folder, and gone through detect & repair multiple times -all with no result. 2. When composing an email i cannot click in the message body or the scroll bar. The only option for getting to the message body is to "tab" to it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ...

Outlook.exe error after upgrading windows 2K
Help, I just upgraded 35 workstations from Windows 98 to Windows 2K, keeping the existing version of Office 2K for now. 34 installed without error. However I have 1 machine, that keeps giving me a program error - outlook.exe. I did go to the kb and followed the initialize in /safe and Outlook does initialize that way. I have deleted the existing profiles and recreated, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. Word/Excel - working fine. Just can't get around the Outlook.exe error and shutdown - can anyone tell me exactly what to delete and clean to reinstall Outlook 2K + SR 3 - to ge...

Dynamics 4.0 error
By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active Directory. We got back onto the machine and it thought it was still part of the domain. We unjoined and then rejoined the domain. Now when any user attempts to log in, an error message appears stating: Business Management Error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid. Please help thanks On Oct 29, 2:54=A0pm, Irshard <Irsh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active > Directory. =A0We got back onto the machine an...

Default OE Express to Outlook News Reader
I have two workstations both with Outlook 2003 installed. On one of them when I do GO|News I get the Outlook NewS Reader View of OE, the other gives me the standard Outlook Express View. I like the Outlook Reader View and setup much better, How do I get it to my workstation defaulted to the view I prefer. Thanks, Mike Set OE to be the default news reader in Control Panel, but not in the application. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c501c3ac12$60bfd7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have two workstations bo...

Anyone know newsgroup server for linux and/or sendmail newsgroups?
Hello, I'm trying to find a newsgroup for Linux and sendmail questions. Does anyone know of a news server that hosts such newsgroups?? I sure would like to know if you do. Thanks for your help. - Ivan Why ask this in an MFC newsgroup? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message news:%23MLLFmMNFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm trying to find a newsgroup for Linux and sendmail questions. > > Does anyone know of a news server that hosts such newsgr...