New Email Will Not Open Full Screen

Using IE8 with XP SP3 and OE, when going to the inbox and double clicking on
a new message in the list of messages received, the new message opens in
only a truncated window. Is there any way of making newly selected messages
upon full screen? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0
Abradaxis
6/7/2010 3:25:35 AM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Any window you want to resize permanently must be the last window closed.

Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last.
Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next
time you open the program.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Abradaxis" <jsindler@career-objectives.com> wrote in message
> Using IE8 with XP SP3 and OE, when going to the inbox and double
> clicking on a new message in the list of messages received, the new
> message opens in only a truncated window. Is there any way of making
> newly selected messages upon full screen? Thanks in advance for any
> assistance.

0
Bruce
6/7/2010 3:31:12 AM
Thanks. Works like a charm!
"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Any window you want to resize permanently must be the last window closed.
>
> Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
> Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last.
> Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next
> time you open the program.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Abradaxis" <jsindler@career-objectives.com> wrote in message
>> Using IE8 with XP SP3 and OE, when going to the inbox and double clicking
>> on a new message in the list of messages received, the new message opens
>> in only a truncated window. Is there any way of making newly selected
>> messages upon full screen? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0
Abradaxis
6/7/2010 8:55:33 PM
You're welcome.
--

> Thanks. Works like a charm!
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Any window you want to resize permanently must be the last window
>> closed.
>>
>> Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not
>> use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this
>> one last. Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed
>> the next time you open the program.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Abradaxis" <jsindler@career-objectives.com> wrote in message
>>> Using IE8 with XP SP3 and OE, when going to the inbox and double
>>> clicking on a new message in the list of messages received, the new
>>> message opens in only a truncated window. Is there any way of making
>>> newly selected messages upon full screen? Thanks in advance for any
>>> assistance.

0
Bruce

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Opening a unicode CSV file from Excel
Hi, I'm currently working on an application that can export data in "CSV" format, and then launches Excel to view the CSV data. This works perfectly ok for ascii data. However now I have upgraded our application to use Unicode I'm running into problems. When I export data into a unicode CSV file and launch excel with it's path on the command line I get a "This is not a recognized format" message. If the same file is opened manually from Excel the same error is shown but afterwards the text import wizard is displayed (which works ok). Currenly the file is 16 ...

How do I read secure email?
I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. I have installed my digital ID and I can send out signed email. However I cannot read email encrypted with my public key. It works just fine in Outlook Express but Outlook just gives me a blank message. How do I look at the data? You have to use your private key to read your secure mail. It's encrypted with the public key that everyone has, but only you have the private key to read it. Are you sure you've set it up correctly? I believe it's case-sensitive. If you told the public key one thing and the private key something different, you'r...

I would like to set up my emails by date w/a space inbetween each
Up until a few minutes ago I had my emails separated by a date (i.e. Mondays emails, Tuesday's emails, etc.) I don't know what I did but I would like to change the view back to being able to go to Monday, Tuesday, Last Week, Last Month. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Outlook version please? You can probably find the option to "show in groups" under the view menu/tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/K...

Word Won't Open with File Double-click if Word not open
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 on an Acer desktop system with 2 gigs of Ram and running Office 2007. My primary internet browser is Firefox. For the past few months I can no longer double click on a Word file (not matter where it's stored or what it is) unless I first open up Word itself. I get an error message (see below). When I first purchased and download Office 2007 in 2006 there was no problem opening up Word files with a double click and it's been that way up until a few months ago. Opening Excel files has always and now works just fine. Here's the ...

Email service for members...
We are an association (ABC.org) that offers an email service to our members that allows them to sign up for an email address that ends in the same domain as that of the staff at our headquarters. For ex, a doctor could sign up for: drJohnson@ABC.org and provide a 3rd party email of drjohnson@yahoo.com so all email sent to the @ABC.org is forwarded to the yahoo account. Currently, our ISP maintains a list of all doctors that participate in this service and filters for email sent to those email addresses and fwd's them to the 3rd party address so they never reach our Exchange server. ...

Outlook 2000 sending messages/emails
When I send an email, it goes to my outbox in outlook 2000. I then have to resend it a couple times. Are there setting I have to change to the email automatically sends? Thanks Dave ...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Change Report Title before Emailing
On the cmdUpdate_Click button, the record is appended to the permanent file, a report is generated and emailed, and the form is cleared for the next record. I would like to append the date to the report title. The date currently prints as part of the subject line of the email, but I do not want the recipient to have to change/edit the document name. I posted on the Report page but have not received a reply. -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M =?Utf-8?B?bSBzdHJvdXA=?= <mstroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:45811C3B-F028-4ACE-8419-8B077EC3E9F5@microso...

HTML graphics on email
When I started using Outlook 2007, those messages that had graphics, showed graphics. Now it seems that some emails disprlay propery while others don't. I believe I've checked all the obvious settings that Outlook help suggested and yet the situation remains the same. Anyone have some suggestions ???? PLEASE???? TIA -- phoneguy518 What exactly does not work for you? Which behavior do you get and which behavior were you expecting? If you get placeholders or a red X where pictures should be, even when you tell Outlook to download the images, clear your Outlook's ...

Link to CRM Case from Email Template
Hi There, How can i make a direct link to the CRM Case from my Email Template. Currently i have Email Notification Template as below but CRM URL is not working as its giving me blank ================================ Dear Team, This is an Automated Microsoft Customer Relationship Management notification to inform you that a a Low Case Created with following details and it has been sent to your Unit Queue. Case Number : CAS-12323-GTCD Case Type : Request Case Priority : Low (4) Case Title : Configuration Case Description : Configuration Case Initiator : SAM Case Unit : IT Cas...

New Location/New setup

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

External email for Administrator
I have no need for an external SMTP address for the administrators account. So I create a fakeadmin@fakedomain.com and set that as the primary SMTP address. I then remove the administrator@mydomain.com. Problem is SBS appears to want this in there. It will recreate administrator@mydomain.com and set it as the primary seconds after I make the change and apply the changes. What gives? Allen: There is a recipient policy that is running and reapplying the email address to your admin account. If you don't require a mailbox for the admin account, you can remove it (the mailbox that ...

saving emails in outlook
anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items onto an iomega zip drive? robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items > onto an iomega zip drive? Create a new PST. Copy to it everything you want to save. Close the PST and close Outlook. Copy the PST to the zip drive. All done. -- Brian Tillman Sorry to be so stupid but how do I create a new PST? Thnaks >-----Original Message----- >robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlo...

Why are received HTML emails blank?
I'm running outlook 2000 and windows 2000 (on a sony vaio). Recently HTML emails I've received have been blank (both in the preview pane and once opened). I can see who sent them and so on but the body is completely empty and does not display. Any suggestions? Have I caught a virus? Text emails I can see fine. id. ...

Adding new pages