IE 9 - Any Spec pages to see what it's going to be like ?

I have Win XP3 / 64-bit......IE6
I have tried IE 8 but didn't like it, so went back to the tried and true.
Seems now sites are not supporting IE6 so we user won't be able to see their
sites
without upgrading.

Is there any spec page that will tell us what it's going to have and not
have ?
My dislike of IE8 was the way the favorites showed up when you wanted to
save
a link.  IE6 it opened with just the folders and made it very easy to find
where you
wanted to put the link.
IE8 opened "every" folder one has in their favorites.  I would have to go up
and down
several times to find the one I was looking for.  Very frustrating.  So I'm
hoping
IE9 took care of that problem and would like to find out ahead of time so I
can
make a choice and what I need to get for the web........Thanks !

0
Bubey
3/11/2010 5:44:11 AM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.

In your Newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have Win XP3 / 64-bit......IE6
> I have tried IE 8 but didn't like it, so went back to the tried and
> true.
> Seems now sites are not supporting IE6 so we user won't be able to see
> their
> sites
> without upgrading.
>
> Is there any spec page that will tell us what it's going to have and not
> have ?
> My dislike of IE8 was the way the favorites showed up when you wanted to
> save
> a link.  IE6 it opened with just the folders and made it very easy to
> find
> where you
> wanted to put the link.
> IE8 opened "every" folder one has in their favorites.  I would have to
> go up
> and down
> several times to find the one I was looking for.  Very frustrating.  So
> I'm
> hoping
> IE9 took care of that problem and would like to find out ahead of time
> so I
> can
> make a choice and what I need to get for the web........Thanks !

0
Bruce
3/11/2010 5:51:33 AM
No.

Bubey wrote:
> I have Win XP3 / 64-bit......IE6
> I have tried IE 8 but didn't like it, so went back to the tried and true.
> Seems now sites are not supporting IE6 so we user won't be able to see
> their
> sites
> without upgrading.
>
> Is there any spec page that will tell us what it's going to have and not
> have ?
> My dislike of IE8 was the way the favorites showed up when you wanted to
> save
> a link.  IE6 it opened with just the folders and made it very easy to find
> where you
> wanted to put the link.
> IE8 opened "every" folder one has in their favorites.  I would have to go
> up
> and down
> several times to find the one I was looking for.  Very frustrating.  So
> I'm
> hoping
> IE9 took care of that problem and would like to find out ahead of time so
> can
> make a choice and what I need to get for the web........Thanks !

0
PA

ie, and email not working
I have vista, this is the second time this year that this has occurred. after a automatic update, all of a sudden, my typeing is running slow. also my email send reiceve buton no longer works. and half the the video's on you tube will not work. I know its not just my computer because if I use fire fox then my typeing is fine and youtube works. the last time this happened, a few months later after another automatic update occurred then my email fixed iself. my server says that all my connection settings are correct and I have not changed anything. anyone else have this probl...

Word 2003-Page Orientation
I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation except one. That page contains a table the size of which requires landscape orientation. I have always done this by inserting section breaks before and after this page. But now for some reason I can't get the orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer. When I check the page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape. Suspecting typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous versons of the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last few empty ...

error: this page cannot be displayed, when i open publisher
Everytime I open Publisher, the IE error message "This page cannot be displayed" comes up and i cannot do anything. How can i fix this??? Crystal what version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Can you type out what the error message says. ...

Money 2005 and IE 7
I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 Any ideas please In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote: >I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 > >Any ideas please In IE6, I would go to Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and uncheck "Require server verification... ". In the trusted sites list I would add these: moneycentral.msn.com fdl.microsoft.com passport.com passport.net login.live.com g.msn.com money:// Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in Tools->...

shortcut for setting up multiple pages
I have a list of accounts that each need their own page. How do I merge that list to set up individual pages in one fell swoop? What version of OneNote are you using? I would probably create a sample page (or section) and then just copy that and rename each copy as necessary. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Integration Mgr
I have an user who can only see "run integration" from inside of Great Plains. They have GP 8.0 and I/M 8.0. All other users can see Int Mgr, Run Int and Table Import. I have scoured security and cannot determine why this one user cannot see it. I have a training company as well as the live database and that user cannot see all of I/M within Great Plains. What am I missing?? We had a similar problem, "Run" only showed on some databases, some databases had the full menu. It was resolved by updating the security at the class level - the databases that were "...

Problem with IE
I am trying to open internet explorer on a windows vista computer and when I do it asks to choose a program to rule the file: iexplore.exe. It provides as an option internet explorer, which when clicked then states choose a programme to run the file: ssvagent.exe. This process keeps repeating. The alternative is to open it with google chrome which enables me to access the internet, but auromatically tries to download iexplore.exe. I've tried to download this, and ccleaner and mozilla but can not run any of them as it asks me to choose a program to run these. It's a fru...

Save As Web Page option not there!
Hello, I am wondering why the help file in Publisher 2002 says "to save a file as a web page Click File, Save As Web Page" on the the menu toolbar. For some reason this option does not appear, nor does it appear in the Tools, Customize, Commands Tab. If this is the case and my program is working right, then how is this simple task achieved? Look further at the menu FILE and you will find the options there you need. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dan Whitten <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am wondering why the he...

Going off line from the client
Hi I have sucessfully installed the MSCRM server and client on a 2000 domain. The client and server installation work well and all records can be seen from the client, all shortcuts work. Both installations returned a successfull installation message The problem is that when going offline from the client - the domain is all of the sudden not availible or could not be contacted. The SQL Icon on the client (MSDE) shows a "not connected" status, and attempting to start the services (from the service control manager) generates an access denied error. The MSCRM user account is part of...

how to display a activex on IE toolbar plugin?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C67B3F.6AAF7E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a IE toolbar plugin write by atl/com, I want to display my mfc = activex on it, I don't know how to do! Can you tell me? thanks ------------------------------------ beelzebub (beelzebub2006@163.com) ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C67B3F.6AAF7E80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HT...

Why does / cause cursor to go to File menu?
Using Excel 2002 SP 3. Why I try to enter / (forward slash) in a cell the corsor jumps to the File menu and the cell remians empty Why? Can I prevent this, if so how? TIA. Hi, Chris. Sounds like you have Lotus 123 settings in your Excel. Go to Tools-Options, Transition tab and untick any Lotus options. ________________________ **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat www.VBAExpress.com/forum ************************ "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@MAPSONbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:cdt5ep$cgf$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Using Excel 2002 SP 3. > > Why...

How do I save just one page of a Publisher calendar elsewhere?
I have a 2009 template calendar that I would like to be able to save each month to my desktop (or someplace else) so that I can save just that page as a PDF and email it. Any suggestions? You can create a one page calendar and save it. The following month open the calendar, change the date range. If you have already created the calendar with special days and events you can delete 11 months, save with a new name the single monthly page. Or copy/paste the month to a new publication. Keep in mind the color scheme, it will change when you copy/paste. You can apply the color scheme from the...

Report Spanning 2 pages
I have created a report where the data from one record will span two pages, portrait. The report needs to be printed back to back (duplexed.) Side 1 of "Page 1" should be blank. Side 2 of "Page 1" will have the left hand portion of the report above and Side 1 of "Page 2" will have the right hand side of the report. It will look just like an 8-1/2 x 11 open book where you would be seeing page 2 on the left and page 3 on the right The paper size that i am using is 8-1/2 x 11. When looking at the final report, the page size will be 17 x 11. I have formatt...

MS CRM 3.0
With MS CRM 3.0 fully installed, we're receiving an error as soon as we enter the system: "An Error has occured. For more information, contatc your system administrator" The error is displayed within the IE interface (that is, it isn't a javascript popup) and within the CRM frames (so we can see the top and left hand menues). However if we try and navigate anyqhere else in the system, the same message persists. Hi, How many memory your SQL and MS CRM Server have? im wondering if it could be a memory problem... "NA" wrote: > With MS CRM 3.0 fully insta...

Deployment of MFC/COM IE Toolbar
Hi Everyone, A newbie here. I'm having problems deploying my toolbar that I created in VS6 VC++ which is based upon MS's KBBar sample. I hope someone here could point out my mistakes. The toolbar works fine on my PC. VS6 registers the components and when I start IE, I see my toolbar under View->Toolbars. I select it and my toolbar appears and I'm able to click my buttons and the correct callbacks occur. I then made a Win32ReleaseMinSize Release and in my output "ReleaseMinSize" directory, files generated are: 13/03/2006 03:10 PM 45,056 CVToolbarInstall.d...

How do I add a column to a sum formula for every row ie row 1 nee.
I need to add a column value (ie column L) to every row. Ie row 1 formula is sum(A1+B1+C1+D1+E1+F1......) I need to add +L1 to this formula. That is the easy part. Can I add L1, L2, L3 etc to there corresponding rows at once or do I have to do each one individually. Ie I have to then manually go to row 2 to add L2 then row 3 to add L3 etc. Looking for a shortcut If you select the cell with your formaula in it there should be a drag handle on the bottom right corner, just left mouse click and drag down the rows required formula will reference automatically. Hope this helps "ba...

Copy full pages in publisher to add to new file?
I am working with Publisher and would like to combine 2 files into 1 file. It is a matter of copying 2 pages and then adding them to the end of another file. How do I do that? JnKBarry wrote: > I am working with Publisher and would like to combine 2 files into 1 > file. It is a matter of copying 2 pages and then adding them to the > end of another file. How do I do that? ===================================== Edit / Select All Edit / Copy Edit / Paste FWIW, you can open two or more instances of Publisher at the same time to make it easier to do the Copy / Paste. -- J...

Page Breaks not working!
Why can i not see or use the page break when i enter it? When i go to menu and insert a page break it does not appear in the sheet in any preview? but when i go back to the menu it has changed the "insert" page break to "remove" ???? Page breaks only show up in the Page Break View. From the main menu, select View>Page Break Preview. From this view you can add, delete and move breaks as desired. HTH swatsp0p "Tash" wrote: > Why can i not see or use the page break when i enter it? > When i go to menu and insert a page break it does not > a...

Embedded images can only be saved as BMP in Outlook XP (BUT NO PROBLEMS IN IE)
Hello, I have NO trouble saving GIF/JPG images in their proper format off web pages in IE. I ONLY have trouble with embedded images in Outlook XP emails. I have cleared my cache as well as all unknown/damaged object files, have increased my cache size to 3 GB, rebooted, but the problem persists. When I attempt to save embedded animated GIF images, only the BMP file type can be selected, and typing a different extention in the filename field does not override the file type that is saved (ie image is still saved as BMP). It is not a question of a particular e-mail being corrupt, as I have th...

Page Numbers and headers & footers
In Word 2007, how do I make the page number a footer on the first page and header on subsequent pages? I also need to switch back to footers in the bibliography later on? Is there a simple way to do this? In Header & Footer Tools Design tab of the Ribbon, check the Different First Page box in the Options section and in the First Page Footer pane, insert a { PAGE } field where you want it in the Footer and then go to the Primary Header Pane (scroll down to the second page of your document) insert the { PAGE } field where you want it in the Header. For the Bibliography, yo...

OWA Public Folders
I have a set of public folders that have freedocs in them which no one is able to open; here are the pertinent facts: 1. Users have the correct permissions and are able to open these docs from a regular Outlook session. 2. Freedocs are enabled on the OWA server, and users are able to access freedocs in other public folders from the same OWA session where they are unable to access these files. 3. These folders were recently restored from a backup. Does anyone have any insight into what I need to do to restore OWA visibility to these folders? Thanks in advance for you help. ...

IE and only IE wont connect
I apologize in advance for the length of this message but thought it advisable to include all the relevant information. We are running XP Pro SP3 using Welcome Screen and Simple File Sharing. The computers and a printer are connected to each other and the internet through a D-Link router. One computer is experiencing problems. First, I'll state what is working on that computer so the problem will be in context: Firefox, Thunderbird, and FTP from a command prompt. Therefore, we may/should conclude the computer is connected to the internet. However, IE will not connect. I ha...

Cannot see custom field in Workflow Manager (Lead-> insert action-> update object)
Hi, I added some custom fields to the lead object one of them beeing a date field. I can see all custom fields in "extended search" and all but the date field in the workflow manager "insert action" ("update object"). What could have gone wrong with it? Thanks a lot, Achim Hi Achim, For some reason, custom date fields do not show up in the workflow manager in the current version of MS CRM. Joseph in article euV$ossdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Achim Gounar at achim.gounar@orbis.de wrote on 9/9/2003 5:08 AM: > Hi, > > I added some custom field...

ExportAsFixedFormat with page selection
I am using the ExportAsFixedFormat function in Word VBA and I need to select the pages of the Word document to pdf, as the whole document is never printed out. The document is 43 pages of on-site risk assessment sheets and I have successfully written a macro that will produce the string to insert the various page numbers for sending to print, but I can't see how to apply that to the ExportAsFixedPormat function. Any ideas anyone? Use something like Dim prange As Range With ActiveDocument .GoTo wdGoToPage, # Set prange = .Bookmarks("\page").Range ...

Margins do not fit page size! ERROR
Hi My print/ print preview setings seem to have gone for a loop. I'm trying to change the page setup to print to 1 page wide & tall. The actual page is approx 100 rows and columns A-M in width (should not normally pose a problem). The rows & columns are std. sizes. When I hit fit to 1 page the following happens: the scaling changes to 10% and Excel fits my document into 1530 pages. On viewing or trying to drag the page margins to fit to 1 page the error message "Margins do not fit page size!" appears and man it pops up often!!!! I noticed that once I've clicked th...