Export address book from Windows live to M/S Outlook

Hi  Can someone please tell me how to export my address book from Windows
Live to Microsoft Outlook .  Have tried to do it through Import/Export but
with no luck.  Have managed to transfer all mail.  Mzany thanks
Carol
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Windows Live Mail Newsgroup.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi  Can someone please tell me how to export my address book from
> Windows
> Live to Microsoft Outlook .  Have tried to do it through Import/Export
> but
> with no luck.  Have managed to transfer all mail.  Mzany thanks
> Carol

0
Bruce
6/4/2010 1:43:56 PM
Hi Bruce sorry to appear thick, but went onto web page and could only find
out about addresses being imported into Live Mail and not from it to
Microsoft Outlook.

Carol

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Windows Live Mail Newsgroup.
>
> In your newsreader:
>
> On the Web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi  Can someone please tell me how to export my address book from
> > Windows
> > Live to Microsoft Outlook .  Have tried to do it through Import/Export
> > but
> > with no luck.  Have managed to transfer all mail.  Mzany thanks
> > Carol
>
> .

This newsgroup does not deal with Windows Live Mail or Outlook. Only
Outlook Express. The links I gave you were for the Windows Live Mail
newsgroup so you could ask your question there and get the answer from
someone who knows.
--

> Hi Bruce sorry to appear thick, but went onto web page and could only
> find
> out about addresses being imported into Live Mail and not from it to
> Microsoft Outlook.
>
> Carol
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Windows Live Mail Newsgroup.
>>
>> In your newsreader:
>>
>> On the Web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi  Can someone please tell me how to export my address book from
>> > Windows
>> > Live to Microsoft Outlook .  Have tried to do it through
>> > Import/Export
>> > but
>> > with no luck.  Have managed to transfer all mail.  Mzany thanks
>> > Carol
>>
>> .

0
Bruce
6/4/2010 4:37:48 PM
All sorted now - many thanks
Carol

cf. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/migratefromoewlm.htm

carolnpete wrote:
> Hi  Can someone please tell me how to export my address book from Windows
> Live to Microsoft Outlook .  Have tried to do it through Import/Export but
> with no luck.  Have managed to transfer all mail.  Mzany thanks
> Carol

0
PA

What's wrong with VS.NET/2005
At the upcoming MVP Summit, we get a chance to give feedback directly to Microsoft about VS. I have my own list of all the problems of VS.NET/2005, but if you have your own favorite issues (bugs, poor interfaces, etc.) post your comments in this thread, and I'll do my best to see that the comments are presented. I will probably summarize them but I will also collect the original postings and present those as well. So here's a chance to be heard! I'll do what I can to convey all your concerns. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flound...

Problems with Outlook and LDAP address book
Hi, I've a problem with Outlook 2003 using, or trying to use, an LDAP address book. I've configured correctly all the parameters to use LDAP, but when I open the address book no address appears. If I open the address book from the tools menu (I have the Italian version of Outlook and so I don't know if this is the English name of the menu "Strumenti") and I use the search icon from the window, the address that corrisponds the search criteria that I type appear. Closing outlook the address book loose all the address again. Our address book is a Lotus Notes address b...

Export to XML exports single row only

address book access
I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts, but i can not use my address book. What should I do? Personal address book is local to the machine. It is not stored on the server which is why you are unable to access it. "muffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C96FE3-5BC9-4872-9DBE-113BE315459F@microsoft.com... > I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts...

Windows 2003 Standard SP1
I have a Windows 2003 standard server running Exchange 2003 SP1. I am about to install SP1 for Windows 2003. Is this going to effect Exchange in any negative way? If yes is there a doc or instructions for doing this correctly? Thanks, Scott On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 06:57:04 -0700, stosti <stosti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 standard server running Exchange 2003 SP1. I am about >to install SP1 for Windows 2003. Is this going to effect Exchange in any >negative way? If yes is there a doc or instructions for doing this correctly? > >Thanks,...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

links in e-mail outlook 2007
web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked "jfrank" <jfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A975500-C686-4FE2-9ECD-F17A8F4C2E88@microsoft.com... > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked Search this group using the term "hyperlink". You will fine PAGES of questions and answers about this. jfrank wrote: > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked I doubt that was the actual error message generated by Outlook. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting ...

Outlook syncronization with contacts/apointments
My outlook is not syncing with CRM. If i add a contact to Outllok and sync the contact dows not show up in CRM. I have to "track in CRM". Is this the way it works? Thanks, Brian on outlook CRM-Option ....and then see what are you synchronizing and what is the minimum time for synchronization. if you have doubt that nothing is coming from CRM to out loook then. make a appointmen in CRM and then click on CRM------synchronize CRM with outlook ( as i dont have CRM outlook so might be i am bit wrong about name :) .. You will see any error if there is error in synchronization. /A...

Outlook has found a problem and needs to close
Outlook 2003, when opened, displays the message "Outlook has found a problem and needs to close" It has made Outlook unavailable and useless. Would appreciate help. Charles Kerr ...

Export / Import Security

Re: Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I can send using the second e-mail address, but the e-mail does not appear in the Inbox. I have even tried switching the default account, but the message still will not appear in the Inbox. When I click Send/Receive, it does not appear. I can change the "From:" on any message that I send - it is a simple drop down - but there is no such option in the Inbox. Thank you. "Noland Harper" <noland.harper@comcast.net> wrote in message news:... >I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers >(provided by the ISP) as I used ...

Outlook 2003 with active VPN connection not sending
When I have at VPN connection open, I'm finding that Outlook refuses to send any email out. How do I fix this (besides closing my VPN connection each time I want to send/receive!) As a side note: I've noticed other gimpiness with it too relating to packet fragmentation, where my mail would bounce for no reason. I had to change my MTU to fix that. Why is Outlook seemingly so sensitive to network configuration? Outlook Express does not seem to have these limitations. Is this some kind of negative feature introduced with this version of the product? Should I go back to my old...

Updating Global Address List
Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is bugging me to allow some secretary access to do the updates. I do not know of any secure way to allow someone to do these updates. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I right to tell the lazy brat it's his job. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:19:02 -0800, "Maive72" <Maive72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone >number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is b...

need help with outlook 2000
I have client with microsoft outlook 2000 running on a XP machine. recently outlook closes on its own. I have tried the detect and repair option under help and tried a fresh install but the problem still persist. What other options are there to try? ...

walk-in's for fresh\exp
http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/sap-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/dotnet-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/linux-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/mcse-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/c-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/networking-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/oracle-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/java-jobs.html ...

how can i discover a .avi video's frame size? thanks~~
AVIFileOpen, AVIFileInfo, AVIFileClose If you want to work with more than just AVI files, look at DirectShow. "poplarc" <poplarc@126.com> wrote in message news:On5APxKkEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > thanks :) "GuitarBill" <GuitarBill_at_cox_dot_net> д���ʼ� news:OnYmmUTkEHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > AVIFileOpen, AVIFileInfo, AVIFileClose > > If you want to work with more than just AVI files, look at DirectShow. > > "poplarc" <poplarc@126.com> wrote in message > news:On5APxKkEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl....

mailbox that can receive all the staff s' emails
How to config a mailbox that can receive all the emails received by the exchange mailboxes of the entire organization? using rules or something ? Please advice. Thank you. lamlam wrote: > How to config a mailbox that can receive all the emails received by > the exchange mailboxes of the entire organization? > > using rules or something ? Please advice. Thank you. What version of Exchange, and are you talking about a catchall/wildcard mailbox, or full "journaling"? I am using Exchange 2003 and win server 2003 native mode...what is a catchall/wildcard mailbox, or fu...

Outlook 2003
Is it possible to turn off AUTO CORRECT in Outlook 2003? I use many special characters and have added them to my list, I want to use them in WORD, but don't really want them coming up in Outlook. Thanks Yes, Tools > OPTIONS! "Crazy man" <alcoNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:ch1a1d$pf9$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is it possible to turn off AUTO CORRECT in Outlook 2003? > > I use many special characters and have added them to my list, I want to > use them in WORD, but don't really want them coming up in Outlook. > > Thanks > ...

convert web addresses
I need to convert a lot of jpg.images-urls are in my spreadsheet. Is there a batch command that will save the images to my hard drive?? Thanks, rooniwife -- rooniwife ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rooniwife's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24904 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385936 Hi! A really great guy, who can pop in here and take credit any time he likes, created just this tool for me. http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/xlddownloader.zip It's VERY co...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

new book saving & gridline colours
When I open Excel, a new workbook appears called "Book1.xls". On my home computer, I can go on to close Excel down without it asking me to save Book1. However, in my work computer, it asks whether I want to save changes to Book1. Both are Excel 2002. Is there a setting I need to change in work? Also, I was wondering if it were possible to change the gridline colours for all workbooks to a certain colour, or at least to any 'new' workbooks without having to go to Tools>Options each time. Second point. Open a new workbook, goto Tools>Options and set the gridlines col...

Export item ID?

Outlook Express for Windows XP
When I receieve an attachment I can not veiw the picture, it just brings up a box with a little red x in the top left corner. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Exporting email in Outlook Express