Check mail from another address!

Hi,
I have mu outlook express 6 setup to check my mail and my wifes as she
rarely goes on. I thought I can download from tiscali.pop and set
"leave copy on server".
But oddly, most mails I have received to not show when she finally
gets to go into OE6 later.
I've just sent her a couple of test massages that appear in my box
after a quick send/rcve. Then I log out and into her OE6 and they are
there?
Why aren't others there? Any thoughts.
tia,
Richard
0
RichardL
7/1/2010 6:28:57 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server on both machines.

On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your
allotted space you get from your server but long enough for both of you to
get the messages.

Is either computer set to Remove from server when deleted from Deleted
Items?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"RichardL" <richard.lister@calderdale.gov.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have mu outlook express 6 setup to check my mail and my wifes as she
> rarely goes on. I thought I can download from tiscali.pop and set
> "leave copy on server".
> But oddly, most mails I have received to not show when she finally
> gets to go into OE6 later.
> I've just sent her a couple of test massages that appear in my box
> after a quick send/rcve. Then I log out and into her OE6 and they are
> there?
> Why aren't others there? Any thoughts.
> tia,
> Richard

0
Bruce
7/1/2010 6:51:24 PM
On 1 July, 19:51, "Bruce Hagen" <B...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server on both machines.
>
> On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy you=
> allotted space you get from your server but long enough for both of you t=
> get the messages.
>
> Is either computer set to Remove from server when deleted from Deleted
> Items?
> --
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Bruce Hagen
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0MS-MVP =A0[Mail]
> =A0 =A0 =A0 Imperial Beach, CA
>
> "RichardL" <richard.lis...@calderdale.gov.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> > I have mu outlook express 6 setup to check my mail and my wifes as she
> > rarely goes on. I thought I can download from tiscali.pop and set
> > "leave copy on server".
> > But oddly, most mails I have received to not show when she finally
> > gets to go into OE6 later.
> > I've just sent her a couple of test massages that appear in my box
> > after a quick send/rcve. Then I log out and into her OE6 and they are
> > there?
> > Why aren't others there? Any thoughts.
> > tia,
> > Richard- Hide quoted text -

Hi Bruce,
neither account is full and neither has the delete from server when
downloaded checked.
What else can it be. It's so odd isn't it?
Richard
0
RichardL
7/1/2010 8:19:47 PM
In all identities:

OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
Delivery | Leave a copy of message on server (check)

OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
Delivery | Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' (check as
appropriate)

In one identity:

OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
Delivery | Remove from server after XX days (set as desired).

Th above notwithstanding...

If your email addresses are all "aliases" for one mailbox, you'll still need
Message Rules to keep things straight.

Most families (an intentionally all-encompassing term) will have one Mail
Account with their one ISP subscription ($$/month for all).  Most ISPs
provide you with multiple Addresses for the Mail Account (e.g., Me@ISP.com,
You@ISP.com, etc.) but all of them "point" to the one mailbox.  As such,
each Identity will need to use Message Rules so that only mail addressed to
them is downloaded into their Inbox.

The following refers to two addresses, but you should be able to follow it
and amend for three or more.

Me@ISP.com and You@ISP.com are aliases for one Mail Account (mailbox).  In
the Identity associated with Me@ISP.com, create a Message Rule stating,
"Where To or CC contains You@ISP.com, Do not download it from the server"
and place this rule at the very top of the list.

Then create a similar rule for the Identity associated with You@ISP.com
directing any messages addressed to Me@ISP.com not to be downloaded from the
server.

Also see MVP Tom Koch's fine pages on using Rules:

Message Rules Tips
http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm

Why doesn't my rule work?
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

RichardL wrote:
> Hi,
> I have mu outlook express 6 setup to check my mail and my wifes as she
> rarely goes on. I thought I can download from tiscali.pop and set
> "leave copy on server".
> But oddly, most mails I have received to not show when she finally
> gets to go into OE6 later.
> I've just sent her a couple of test massages that appear in my box
> after a quick send/rcve. Then I log out and into her OE6 and they are
> there?
> Why aren't others there? Any thoughts.
> tia,
> Richard

0
PA
7/1/2010 8:54:39 PM
On 1 July, 21:54, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In all identities:
>
> OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
> Delivery | Leave a copy of message on server (check)
>
> OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
> Delivery | Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' (check as
> appropriate)
>
> In one identity:
>
> OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
> Delivery | Remove from server after XX days (set as desired).
>
> Th above notwithstanding...
>
> If your email addresses are all "aliases" for one mailbox, you'll still n=
eed
> Message Rules to keep things straight.
>
> Most families (an intentionally all-encompassing term) will have one Mail
> Account with their one ISP subscription ($$/month for all). =A0Most ISPs
> provide you with multiple Addresses for the Mail Account (e.g., M...@ISP.=
com,
> Y...@ISP.com, etc.) but all of them "point" to the one mailbox. =A0As suc=
h,
> each Identity will need to use Message Rules so that only mail addressed =
> them is downloaded into their Inbox.
>
> The following refers to two addresses, but you should be able to follow i=
> and amend for three or more.
>
> M...@ISP.com and Y...@ISP.com are aliases for one Mail Account (mailbox).=
 =A0In
> the Identity associated with M...@ISP.com, create a Message Rule stating,
> "Where To or CC contains Y...@ISP.com, Do not download it from the server=
"
> and place this rule at the very top of the list.
>
> Then create a similar rule for the Identity associated with Y...@ISP.com
> directing any messages addressed to M...@ISP.com not to be downloaded fro=
m the
> server.
>
> Also see MVP Tom Koch's fine pages on using Rules:
>
> Message Rules Tipshttp://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm
>
> Why doesn't my rule work?http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> RichardL wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have mu outlook express 6 setup to check my mail and my wifes as she
> > rarely goes on. I thought I can download from tiscali.pop and set
> > "leave copy on server".
> > But oddly, most mails I have received to not show when she finally
> > gets to go into OE6 later.
> > I've just sent her a couple of test massages that appear in my box
> > after a quick send/rcve. Then I log out and into her OE6 and they are
> > there?
> > Why aren't others there? Any thoughts.
> > tia,
> > Richard- Hide quoted text -

Hi Robert,
this is great help. Are you saying I cannot get my mail PLUS my wifes
mail, as well as her getting her mail also. We both use outlook
express 6. When I set it up this way I tested it and I'm sure I could
download and delete her mail, independently of what she did with it.
Why are some getting through to her that I have seen, opened and maybe
delete, and some aren't. I just don't get it.
thanks for helping.
Richard
0
RichardL
7/1/2010 9:27:52 PM
RichardL wrote:
> [...]
>>> "leave copy on server".
>>> But oddly, most mails I have received to not show when she finally
>>> gets to go into OE6 later.
>>> I've just sent her a couple of test massages that appear in my box
>>> after a quick send/rcve. Then I log out and into her OE6 and they are
>>> there?
>>> Why aren't others there? Any thoughts.
>>> tia,
>>> Richard- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Robert,
> this is great help. Are you saying I cannot get my mail PLUS my wifes
> mail, as well as her getting her mail also. We both use outlook
> express 6. When I set it up this way I tested it and I'm sure I could
> download and delete her mail, independently of what she did with it.
> Why are some getting through to her that I have seen, opened and maybe
> delete, and some aren't. I just don't get it.

YW.

If your accounts are, in fact, aliases for one mailbox, yes, you'll need to
do everything in my previous reply.

0
PA
7/1/2010 9:44:54 PM
On 1 July, 22:44, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RichardL wrote:
> > On 1 July, 21:54, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> In all identities:
>
> >> OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
> >> Delivery | Leave a copy of message on server (check)
>
> >> OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
> >> Delivery | Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' (check as
> >> appropriate)
>
> >> In one identity:
>
> >> OE Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced |
> >> Delivery | Remove from server after XX days (set as desired).
>
> >> Th above notwithstanding...
>
> >> If your email addresses are all "aliases" for one mailbox, you'll still
> >> need Message Rules to keep things straight.
>
> >> Most families (an intentionally all-encompassing term) will have one Mail
> >> Account with their one ISP subscription ($$/month for all). Most ISPs
> >> provide you with multiple Addresses for the Mail Account (e.g.,
> >> M...@ISP.com, Y...@ISP.com, etc.) but all of them "point" to the one
> >> mailbox. As such,
> >> each Identity will need to use Message Rules so that only mail addressed
> >> them is downloaded into their Inbox.
>
> >> The following refers to two addresses, but you should be able to follow
> >> it
> >> and amend for three or more.
>
> >> M...@ISP.com and Y...@ISP.com are aliases for one Mail Account (mailbox).
> >> In the Identity associated with M...@ISP.com, create a Message Rule
> >> stating, "Where To or CC contains Y...@ISP.com, Do not download it from
> >> the server" and place this rule at the very top of the list.
>
> >> Then create a similar rule for the Identity associated with Y...@ISP.com
> >> directing any messages addressed to M...@ISP.com not to be downloaded
> >> from
> >> the server.
>
> >> Also see MVP Tom Koch's fine pages on using Rules:
>
> >> Message Rules Tipshttp://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm
>
> >> Why doesn't my rule work?http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

> > Hi Robert,
> > this is great help. Are you saying I cannot get my mail PLUS my wifes
> > mail, as well as her getting her mail also. We both use outlook
> > express 6. When I set it up this way I tested it and I'm sure I could
> > download and delete her mail, independently of what she did with it.
> > Why are some getting through to her that I have seen, opened and maybe
> > delete, and some aren't. I just don't get it.
> > thanks for helping.
>
> YW.
>
> If your accounts are, in fact, aliases for one mailbox, yes, you'll need to
> do everything in my previous reply.- Hide quoted text -

OK Robert thanks.
Any ideas then why some mails I open are going to her when she checks
and some aren't?
regards,
RichardL
7/1/2010 10:14:02 PM
RichardL wrote:
<snip>
> Any ideas then why some mails I open are going to her when she checks
> and some aren't?

The possibilities are endless, especially when we don't know everything
about the email account(s) or computer(s) involved, Richard.

0
PA

Microsoft Betrayed Yet Another Customer Base 08-23-10
Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 that have been making a 3D modeling and animation software for more than 20 years, and discontinued it a year latter. No more updates, nada. The software has a huge following, including in Hollywood. Microsoft made the software free, but for the many who already paid for it there are no updates and no guarantees that the software would work on future versions of Windows, and their graphics assets are stuck in the current version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueSpace Nobody wrote this again : > Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 th...

address book #61
I had a problem sending mail from Outlook 2002. I installed the Office SP 3, but still had to reinstall Office with Outlook. I saved a backup of my outlook.pst file but I didnt save the address book, unless it is in the .pst file. At any rate the address book that outlook is using isnt mine. Did i replace my address book when i reinstalled? Anyway to get my old address book back, what is the file called? I may have it backed up on cd someplace....thanks for the help tom -- Please remove the no spam from my email address and replace with bellsouth to reply by email.....Thanks "Tom&qu...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

Mailing sales literature or Knowledgebase articles
Does anyone have any ideas on workarounds for attaching doc.s to emails to send to customers? I would appreciate any help...we would like to send customers sales and informational documents but cannot figure how to attach from within CRM...Someone must be doing somethin creative out there? You could possibly create a workflow rule that sends an email with an attachment. "Mike" wrote: > Does anyone have any ideas on workarounds for attaching doc.s to emails > to send to customers? I would appreciate any help...we would like to > send customers sales and informational d...

Email Addresses #3
Hello: Quick question regarding addressing. We have several domains for which we receive mail. Not all of our users require email addresses for the 4 domains we handle. In the recipients default policy, I know you configure email addresses here, but does this not replicate this to all users, new and old? If so, what's an easy way around this. I think in 2000 Exchange, there was an option as to whether to make this site/server wide but I don;t see that option in 2003. Thanks The default recipient policy should appy to everyone you give a mailbox to. If you need to you can modi...

How do I create Check list

HTTP mail option not available
I am using Outlook 2002 and when I try to set up an HTTP mail account, the option for HTTP is greyed out. Why is the HTTP mail account type not available? ...

Migrating multiple Outlook clients from one server to another
Problem – we have numerous outlook clients ’98,2000,2003 deployed on a range of platforms from W95 to XP Pro. These access a number of exchange 5.5 servers, in separate domains, which we would like to migrate to one central exchange 2003 cluster. Is there a tool or reg hack that would effectively allow us to deploy an update to reflect the new server in the email clients profile via a login script or group policy? Have had a look at profgen and do not feel it is suitable for the way we have deployed exchange mail user names and our domain usernames. ...

Cannot Send e-mail... again!
Received the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Non Profit Program', Account: 'imap.1and1.com', Server: 'smtp.1and1.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Checked settings and nothing has changed since the last time (6/28/10). Help! Looks like you are running into a port 25 block. As a general rule, the owner of the port 25 SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing your Internet connection at that moment. In your case the work...

Mail merge and excel
I need to merge a list of names, adddresses, and phone numbers from an excel spreadsheet and print them on a directory booklet with color photos using Publishers 2003 . Could anybody point me to the right directionss. I will be great if someone could work me throught vis telephone. Caveboy wrote: > I need to merge a list of names, adddresses, and phone numbers from > an excel spreadsheet and print them on a directory booklet with color > photos using Publishers 2003 . Could anybody point me to the right > directionss. I will be great if someone could work me throught vis > t...

Outlook 2003
I browsed the most recent 20 pages but can't seem to find a reply to my exact problem. I have mail in my Outbox that won't send. I am a broadnand user connecting to my POP 3 account. My connection (Outlook is not working off line) is live and I receive mail OK. My settings are to send/receive manually What I have noticed is that when a new mail is created and I hit send, it places the mail in the Outbox, BUT it has a date of "None" and the Envelope Icon is open, not closed (as if I have not licked and sealed it). I can delete the mail, close and re-open Outlook, w...

How do I save toolbar setting on new mail?
I am trying to make two toolbars only take up one line instead of two, but when I change it on a new outgoing mail it is not saved. it's caused by an toolbar added by a 3rd party utility. Get rid of the culprit and the toolbars will 'stick'. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchang...

Mail Merge Error on A2003
I am creating mail merge documents and opening them from VBA code using the code below. Set objWord = New Word.Application objWord.Visible = True objWord.Documents.Open Filename:=txtFolder & "\" & lstDocs With objWord.ActiveDocument.MailMerge If .State = wdMainAndDataSource Or .State = wdMainAndSourceAndHeader Then ... open merged document here, etc. This code works fine on A2000 but fails at the If statement on A2003. I believe this is due to extra security measures introduced by MS and is explained in this articl...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Printing Checks

Employee Check Format-Graphical

554 error client host rejected wrong mail relay using Exchange 2003 /w SP2
I seem to be getting this error on a few domains that I'm sending mail to. We are using Windows 2003 /w Exchange 2003 SP2. Any idea's? Is this caused by a external DNS issue on the A or PTR record? Or... In external DNS we have our email server setup as mail2.abc.com but within Exchange we have our email server setup as mail1.abc.com would this be causing the issue? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: john@abc.com on 21/04/2006 9:54 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system ad...

How do you switch e-mail identities in microsoft outlook?
I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP helped me set up an e-mail account for myself and one for my wife, but they were unable to tell me how to switch from one identity to another. They knew how to do it on outlook express, but not microsoft outlook. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Care to provide your version so we can provide an answer? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary & Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13caf01c4443a$d03913d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

How to display a public folder address in Global address book?
Hi all, do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a email. and they can find the public folder name in GAL. Appreciate your help in advance!! Best RGS, Jennifer In All Address List\Public Folder... -- Jammy "yi yuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :OMH0xdkuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? > > I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a emai...

Old style mail notification
We migrated to Exchange 2003 from Lotus this last weekend and already I have several users asking if they can have a solid notification that pops up on their screen when they get mail. The older version of Outlook, like 2000 and 98 had this option. I hate the idea myself, but they want it so if they step away from their desk, they can easily see besides the Desktop alert and the system tray icon. Any way to add this? They can set a desktop alert via Rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus...