Certain messages cause OE to close

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAA0D6.201BD1A0

Opening certain messages (many) in my OE causes it to automatically shut =
down. I can't tell what are the specific characteristic of the emails =
that cause this. I've disabled my AVG anti virus/email checker with no =
improvement. Security settings in OE seem normal. Maybe something =
corrupt in my OE?
JK
------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAA0D6.201BD1A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Opening certain messages (many)&nbsp;in =
my OE=20
causes it to automatically shut down. I can't tell what&nbsp;are the =
specific=20
characteristic of the emails that cause this. I've disabled my AVG anti=20
virus/email checker with no improvement. Security settings in OE seem =
normal.=20
Maybe something corrupt in my OE?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>JK</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAA0D6.201BD1A0--

0
Jon
1/29/2010 5:28:05 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

With AVG, you /must/ uninstall it and then do a custom instalation, opting
out of e-mail scanning when it is offered. Just disableing it still leaves
a conflict with the Windows Security Center.

After you do that, if the problem remains, download and run this tool.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.40
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

If the problem still persists, try a new identity.

You may have a damaged identity especially if it is the default Main
Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one and test
it. If all is well, you can import your messages and Address Book from the
old identity and delete it.

Note: Do not use the word Main in the name of the new identity.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169

An Outlook Express basic repair kit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/oerepair.mspx#EHH
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

===============================
"Jon Kaufman" <jonnk@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
Opening certain messages (many) in my OE causes it to automatically shut
down. I can't tell what are the specific characteristic of the emails that
cause this. I've disabled my AVG anti virus/email checker with no
improvement. Security settings in OE seem normal. Maybe something corrupt
in my OE?
JK

0
Bruce
1/29/2010 5:35:56 PM
Make sure that OE is set to the Restricted Zone in the security
settings.

If you still have problems, you can turn off the Preview Pane (View,
Layout) and then should be able to select a message and Right click and
look at Properties without OE crashing.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Jon Kaufman" <jonnk@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Opening certain messages (many) in my OE causes it to automatically
> shut down. I can't tell what are the specific characteristic of the
> emails that cause this. I've disabled my AVG anti virus/email checker
> with no improvement. Security settings in OE seem normal. Maybe
> something corrupt in my OE?
> JK

0
Michael

VLOOKUP into a closed xls using VBA
Hello -- Can someone show me the format for using VLOOKUP in VBA to get a value from a closed xls file? In a worksheet =VLOOKUP(1,TA_TestScript.xls!TestCases,2,FALSE) TA_TestScript.xls is the closed file works, but I can't figure out the correct combination of [ ], " ", etc. to make it work in VBA. Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.576 / Virus Database: 365 - Release Date: 1/30/2004 Sorry ... wrong group. I have had so many questions on charting recently I ...

Visual Basic Editor Opening and Closing for User
I have a user who is learning VB in excel. When she opens the visual basic editor it imedietely opens and then closes. When I do it as administrator it opens and stays open. Obviously a permission issue. Does anyone know how to allow her to open the VB editor in Excel and use it w/out giving her administrator access to the whole computer. I tried giving her write permissions to the Excel.exe but this does not solve the problem. Thanks. In xl2003, from the Excel window: Tools>Macro>Security>Trusted Publishers and then check the trust boxes at the bottom of the d...

Threaded message view?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DB_01C3970B.56F977D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First off, sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I'm using Outlook 2003 and for the life of me can't find a way to get a = threaded message view similar to how Outlook Express shows messages in = newsgroups. I've experimented with group by/sort by filters, and the = best I can come up with is a view that has messages in threads, but = sorted the wrong way. Is there a way I can get message th...

Problem with my outgoing messages
I use Windows XP. Recently upgraded software and using Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003. When I try to send an e-mail, keep getting message from System Administrator saying "Undeliverable - 553, sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). PLEASE HELP - any advice would be appreciated. Previously used Outlook 2000 and had no problems. Do you have to authenticate to the smtp server in order to send mail? "Siobhan Gibbons" <Siobhan Gibbons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2695425F-08FD-4B75-9154-55247C004296@microsoft....

oe has blocked access to attachment #2
How can I fix this when I know attachment is safe? Did you read the options?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, honkydooree <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | How can I fix this when I know attachment is safe? ...

new message notice in sub folders
I have subfolders in my email inbox. When the folders are collapsed and a new message arrives how can I have the main folder highlighted to indicate a new message has arrived in one of the subfolders. Configure the rule that moves the message to display a message in the New Alert window. -- Russ Valentine "mowxman1" <mowxman1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84B10A74-120D-471B-A622-E6E871008DB9@microsoft.com... >I have subfolders in my email inbox. When the folders are collapsed and a > new message arrives how can I have the main folder h...

Loops of NDR + OutOfOffice messages
Hi, Have Exchange 2003 SP1 server, generating NDR's or OutofOffice Replies to Spam/Virus Messages. Thinking of setting the Filter Recipients who are not in the Directory option, together with tarpitting setting. Will this configuration still generate NDR's, or will emails for unknown recipients just "dissapear"? And any other suggestions for bringing back amount of automatic replies to these Spam/Virus messages are very welcome... thnx zeph Is disablling OOOFs an option? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Zeph" <Zeph@discussi...

Year End closing of income/expense categories
Hello, Is there a way in MS Money 2005 (Small Business) to clear income/expense categories to zero in preparation for the new year. All my categories are personal (rather than business). Thanks. -- Reggie At least in the non * Business * editions, there is zero need to do this as every report, etc., can be tailored to look at data for a specific year and start at zero. "Reggie" <Reggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFDBCDBA-A628-460B-95C4-79283EB1070E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in MS Money 2005 (Small Business) to clear income/expense >...

Margins in plain text messages Outlook 2000
Is it possible to include small margins when composing or reading e-mails in plain text? This happens by default in OE and improves readability. Many thanks. ...

Urgent: Changing RecordSource Causes A Reload of Sub Form Destroying References
Access 2007 This only happens on some machines. It has occurred on a PC running Windows XP SP3 and a MAC running Windows. I have been unable to reproduce it on other PCs running Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7. On the machines that have the problem it always occurs. I have a form with a sub form control. The control's SourceObject is changed depending on the function required. On the forms that is used in the control is a utility form that does not reference data through the form containing the control. One of the functions in the utility form changes the Filter and Rec...

Send/Receive settings reverting on close
Help! This keeps happening to me. I try to make changes to the send/receive settings in Outlook 2003, but when I close Outlook and restart, the settings revert to the original settings. This time, I'm trying to check off "My outgoing mail server requires authentication". Everything is fine until I close and restart Outlook - then the option is UNCHECKED again. I'm logged in (always) as an administrator of my computer. ...

Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages.
Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. My email has been working just fine until today. I can't think of anything I've done to create a problem. I'm using WindowsXP-pro-sp2; Outlook 2003, and Norton AntiVirus 2005. The same problem just started in Outlook Express as well. Was on the phone with Charter for over two hours removing email accounts and then adding them from scratch. I've been trying for hours and hours fix this to no avail--the error message keeps coming up and I'm expecting some very important email. The error messages will ...

Error message after Opportunity customization
Hi there, After customizing the Opportunity Record, (form view and attributes) and publishing the changes, I am unable to open the opportunity record (either new or existing). I get the following error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. No idea what has caused this error or how to fix it :-( I have rebooted the server and still no change. Can anyone help? Happy New Year :-) Sinead. -- Sinead O''''Shaughnessy Did you backup your entity XML beforehand by exporting out the customizations.xml file? If so, you can simply rei...

#deleted message on record
I have a form that is used for prospective clients that contains minimal client information and a button that will "activate" the client if desired. When the user clicks on the activate client button, it takes the information on the current record and inserts it in to the client table, and then deletes the current record in the prospective client table. When the record is deleted, I want to refresh the form so that the #deleted message is removed and the record counter is recalculated, however me.refresh gives me an error that the record has been deleted. How can I just mov...

Is there a way to schedule a email to send out at a certain time?
I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm which should be 8am also. Please help! "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395D87B-2982-4800-8522-165781125E6A@microsoft.com... >I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. > For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm > which should be 8am also. Please help! The Sent time and the delivery time are completely separate. The Sent time that people will see w...

Inventory Year End Close Completed Late
Hello, We are currently on Great Plains 8.0 SP2 on MS SQL 2000. At the end of 2004 we did not close the inventory module, we waited until the end of January 2005 to close. Now when you look in Cards->Inventory->History the information for current year and last year are incorrect. I also understand that the turnover report will be incorrect. Does anyone have any scripts to correct this in the SQL Tables? Thank You in advanced for any help you can provide. Brian ...

Outlook 2007 message icon will not change from closed (unread) to
I have an Outlook user where the icon in the inbox message section gets an incoming new email, the text is bold, and the icon envelope is closed. She is using the reading pane, and clicks in the message in the reading pane, then clicks away to the next message, the envelope icon does not change from closed (unread) to open (read).. the text does not go from bold to unbold. It is really weird .. and started after last month's updates... any suggestions on what could be causing this? thanks. go to tools, options, other tab, read pane. Is she using the option to mark rea...

Keep getting this error message

outlook 2003
.....this is probably an easy one, but i need to be able to copy someone on EVERY email I send. Therefore, I would like to be able to alter my default mail message such that there is an address automatically in the cc: field on EVERY message. Is this as easy as I hope it is? Thanks in advance! jlally@ctmbd.com Jim Lally <jlally@ctmbd.com> wrote: > ....this is probably an easy one, but i need to be able to copy > someone on EVERY email I send. > > Therefore, I would like to be able to alter my default mail message > such that there is an address automatically in ...

What is the keyboard shortcut to close a comment box in Excel 200
I found out to insert a comment I press Alt-I-M (the "m" is underlined in the menu word comment). The "o" is underlined in "show/hide comments" but this keystroke combo doesn't close the comment. Any ideas? Press the Esc key twice, to exit the comment. DAVE wrote: > I found out to insert a comment I press Alt-I-M (the "m" is underlined in the > menu word comment). > > The "o" is underlined in "show/hide comments" but this keystroke combo > doesn't close the comment. > > Any ideas? -- Debra Dal...

Catching messages of dynamically created CStatic members
Hi fellows. I have a CWnd-derived class that has two CStatic members, that are created dynamically. My question is simple: What must I do in order to receive messages of such members? This CWnd-derived class is for creating a custom control. This control needs vertical scrollbar, so I'm using two bitmaps, one as de up arrow and the other as the down arrow. I already placed them, now I need to receive the notification (the click notification). // in the header CStatic m_lblArrowUp; CStatic m_lblArrowDown; // in the Create method m_lblArrowUp.Create(_T(""), WS_CHILD | WS_VIS...

Close and Open
Hi, while implementing the onfileopen command, I realise that if I close my current active document, using CWinApp::CloseAllDocuments( false ) then call CWinApp::OnFileOpen(), a runtime error occurs. Anyone has any idea why?? Thanks alot. lynnzyeo@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, while implementing the onfileopen command, I realise that if I > close my current active document, using CWinApp::CloseAllDocuments( > false ) then call CWinApp::OnFileOpen(), a runtime error occurs. Anyone > has any idea why?? Thanks alot. > You need more information than just "runtime error." If ...

How does Outlook determine if a POP3 message is downloaded or not?
Hi, I use Outlook2007 with POP3 and I use the option "Leave a copy of message on the server." Why outlook? Calendaring support. No other tool comes close (or I am not aware) Why POP3? mail server is not exchange Why "Leave a copy of message on Server"? 1. Server's backed up, 2. Can read mails while on the move However, there's one problem. When I move machines and open the PST on the new machine, outlook fetches the entire inbox creating a duplicate of the message within the PST. My problem is not this behaviour because I understand that Outlook does not have the ...

AOl instant message
Hello - I need to send multiple messages to many AOL instant message clients. Basically, let a user select list of recipients and then send a message to all. Anyone know of a program or API to do this? Thanks, bruce SendMessage(AOHELL_MESSAGE, char* message, char* parrTo) ? No, seriously... As I do not see any other newsgroups in this thread, you will probably be best checking the AOHell IM documentation if they do it. Im guessing there may be some I interfaces available for it in the actual folder, try playing about with them. - MR "rr" <bruceradtke@REMOVEspamREMOVE....