Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page

Hello.

When i open a certain email in Outlook 2003, i get the attached message.  I
followed the instructions in article id: 816702 and it still gives the same
message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

---------------------------
Microsoft Internet Explorer
---------------------------
Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
page.  As a result, the page may not display correctly.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

"Tony Girgenti" <tonylakeside@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> When i open a certain email in Outlook 2003, i get the attached message.
> I followed the instructions in article id: 816702 and it still gives the
> same message.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

So change the security settings for active-x, reduce your security. Keep
reducing until you have none and if the error continues either your version
may not support those controls, or there is an error in the code.

0
alan8232 (157)
1/14/2006 6:45:21 PM
Hello Alan.

I tried reducing security to the lowest level and still get the same
message.

I'm not sure of what you mean by >>your version may not support those

"Alan" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message

> "Tony Girgenti" <tonylakeside@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hello.
>>
>> When i open a certain email in Outlook 2003, i get the attached message.
>> I followed the instructions in article id: 816702 and it still gives the
>> same message.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tony
>>

> So change the security settings for active-x, reduce your security. Keep
> reducing until you have none and if the error continues either your
> version may not support those controls, or there is an error in the code.

Tony Girgenti <tonylakeside@comcast.net> wrote:

> When i open a certain email in Outlook 2003, i get the attached
> message.  I followed the instructions in article id: 816702 and it
> still gives the same message.

In general, mail is opened in the Restricted web security zone.  That zone,
apparently, is configured to disallow ActiveX controls.  You can either open
your mail in a zone that allows ActiveX or you can change the Restricted
zone settings.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/16/2006 2:30:26 PM
Same problem as a lot of people, it seems ....

1) How do you 'open your mail in a zone that allows ActiveX ' and what are
the implications of that?

2) What are the implications of lowering the settings for the Restricted
zone (assuming that that solves the problem)? What other problems might then
result?

Simon Tepper <SimonTepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Same problem as a lot of people, it seems ....
>
> 1) How do you 'open your mail in a zone that allows ActiveX ' and
> what are the implications of that?

The Security Zones section on Tools>Options>Security.
The implications are that you could receive an HTML message containing
malicious ActiveX and allow it to run.

> 2) What are the implications of lowering the settings for the
> Restricted zone (assuming that that solves the problem)? What other
> problems might then result?

The implications are the same.  I've had some luck adding the string
"about:internet" to my Restricted zone.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/8/2006 2:55:06 PM
Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The implications are the same.  I've had some luck adding the string
> "about:internet" to my Restricted zone.

Oops.  I meant to say "Local Intranet" zone.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Security Warning to enable or disable macros
On a few spreadsheet which one particular employee has worked on are giving a Security Warning to enable or disable macros. Yet when in the spreadsheet, it appears that there aren't any macro nor any links. The employee has mentioned that in certain instances, his computer locks up when he tries to save or print preview these particular spreadsheets. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? Hi Chuck Some ideas why the security warning appears: - (empty) code modules exist - code within the worksheet or workbook modules Have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.htm...

Line graphs with multiple data sets
I need to create a line graph with the following information: The Johnson family is planning a weeklong vacation in California and needs to rent a car. They don’t know exactly how far they will drive, but they estimate between 400 and 800 miles. Here are their options: Weekly Rates Daily Rates $329 per week, unlimited mileage $50 per day, unlimited mileage $219 per week, plus 12 cents per mile $40 per day, plus 3 cents per mile Note: Any partial week will be charged a full week’s price. Note: Any partial day will be charged a full day’s price. Complete the following: Represent the ...

Problem running WSSSDK CollectFeedback example
Hi, New to sharepoint; we don't have MOSS yet only WSS. With all of the changes it's hard to figure out what is current. I finally found the WSSSDK 1.4. The collectfeedback project is supposed to be a good example of workflow without using moss. I'm not sure how the project is supposed to be run. I've gotten the message telling me that since the project is a library project I need to create a windows project to point to collectfeedback. I'm surprised since I thought this was all web based. I also wonder which of the the three projects in the solution is the ...

Run app in win 98 compatibility mode
Wanted to find out, if in Win XP Pro if there is a way to set a program or an application to Windows 98 Compatibility Mode using the commnad line ,or run the program with a switch or through a script (VBscript) I am trying to have a a certain app run in Windows 98 Compatibility Mode every time it opens. Since I have a lot of users I want to automate it instead of going to set this on all the workstations that has this app. Jeff1974 wrote: > Wanted to find out, if in Win XP Pro if there is a way to set a program or > an application to Windows 98 Compatibility Mode usi...

How turn off macro security question for workbook with no marcos?
When you open a file with macros in medium security you see a dialog box" Security Warning File x.xls contains macros. Do you want to Disable / Enable?" You do not see this dialog box for workbooks that have never had a macro. I created a macro in a workbook and later delete it, but still get the dialog box, even though no macro is present. Is it possible to turn off the Security Warning for a workbook after all macros are deleted and still maintain medium macro security? Dewy After deleting the macro(s) you must also delete the module(s) they resided in. With the workbook o...

How to create new Contacts form and have it apply to current conta
I can create a custom contact form by following http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012106101033.aspx?mode=print But how do I apply the new form to my current contacts ? For example, if I want a Car Phone field in my new form I want to be able to go back to my current names I have in my Contacts folder and see the Car Phone field. Thanks for any help. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm - end of page. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Reset Internet Explorer Settings
Windows XP using IE 8 While in the midst of having internet access problems, under internet options > advanced, I clicked on Reset Internet Explorer settings. My first question relates to all of the updates I have installed previously using Windows Update. Were those prior installed updates affected at all by what I did? I went to Windows Update, and it didn't identify any updates to be installed. Second, what exactly does the Reset settings feature do; I'm guessing it just restores everything to the default options as when it was originally installed? Now th...

path to dll currently executing
How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is currently executing ? This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a different path design-time v run-time. Thanks. On 1/6/2010 9:12 PM, John Grandy wrote: > How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is > currently executing ? > > This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a > different path design-time v run-time. > > Thanks. > > System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Locati...

How to set up for out of office
I need to know how to setup my e-mail account in Outlook 2000 to let people know that I will be out of the office for an extended period of time when they e-mail me. I don't want to have to send a broadcast e-mail to my contacts in my address book. New and potential clients aren't in there and I don't want them to think I'm ignoring them. Thank you, Gary McCormack See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please repl...

Data Migration Framework for MS CRM 3.0 doesn't run
I've downloaded and installed the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack, which contains the Data Migration Framework for CRM 3.0, from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en But, when I launch the DMF by going to: Start-> Programs-> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Pack-> Data Migration Framework I get a busy mouse cursor that changes back to a regular arrow pointer and nothing happens. When I try to launch DMF again, I get a windows error saying that a copy of the DMF framework is alread...

Setting Up Payroll
How do I set up employee information and deductions to write payroll checks with out using the paycheck service that money offers? I just want to print a few checks and it keeps telling me there are no accounts set up???? Money is designed as a personal finance program or for a one man company. If you have employees you really need a "real" finance program. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp...

How do I set up a page sized 17 x 11 inches?
I am publishing a newsletter, (8 pages, 2 double sided). Folded size to be 8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns each 8.5 X 11inches Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word 2003, but can switch to Word 2007. Thanks for your help. Jenlyndy@aol.com, You have to set the page size to 11 x 17. If your printer cannot print this size, then that page size will not be available, and you will have to install the driver for a printer that can print that size. From there, use "2 pages per sheet" on the Margin...

Outlook 2007 Read Receipt Security Hole?!
I have discovered that Read Receipt feature in Outlook 2007 contain security hole that doesn't appear to be fixed or even described. In "Options\E-mail Options\Tracking Options" I've feature named Read Receipt set to "Never send a response". Recently I received a few messages with titles "Undeliverable mail: Read: ....". After inspecting this mail messages I've found that their mime-headers is OK and it looks like Outlook sent mail messages (without any notifications) titled "Read: ..." to a few SPAM messages in my inbox (IMAP4 accoun...

Invalid page fault excel 97, win98
Hi, I have a workbook which is a database with entries via a vb form. It crashes when I make an entry, it seems to have something to do with the data on the sheet, if I load an old backup it works fine, then if i cut and paste records from the new sheet into the old one it then starts to crash in the same way when I then start to add records. Any ideas what may be causing this? Many thanks, Rick ...

Current Cost
On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this cost the last price used to purchase an item? Also, how is this field calculated? "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this > cost the last price used to purchase an item? Hi Ryan. The current cost is calculated based on the valuation method. If you hit Help (F1) off the item card, go to the fields help, and check under valuation method, there is info to get you started. Hope this helps, Maria. "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance ...

Fiscal Year Settings
Hi, We are getting the following error message when trying to acceess the Fiscal Year Settings; "An error has occured, For more information, contact your systems administrator" The installation is on an SBS 2003 so the Reporting Server and SQL DB are on the same machine, Reporting Server seems to be running OK we can access it OK both from with the CRM app and from http://localhost/reports. Any ideas? Thanks Justin Hi, Found the answer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921394 Rgds Justin Justin wrote: > Hi, > > We are getting the following error message when trying t...

second axis disappears on pivot chart when page field changed
Hey Peeps Wonder if any can shed some light on a work around... I create my pivot chart and all is well... I add a second axis to the pivot chart and save my work... I close the pivot chat and then re-open... I select a different value from the 'pagefield' and my second axis dissappears??? Any ideas why this happen / any suggestions / work arounds? Many thanks Paul Brown -- paulbrown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paulbrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32852 View this thread: http://www....

CommandButton
I just created a button on my Sheet1 and assigned a Macro to it. When I right-click on this button - I see in my NameBox "Button 1" without the quotes. In my Workbook_Open code I want to HIDE this button. 1st What is the code to include in the WB_Open code to do this? After performing another procedure using VBA, what line near the bottom of that code would make my Button 1 visible? Or is it best to to Only load the Button at the end of the above procedure? TIA, Jim Hi Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes("Button 1").Visible = False 'Your code ...

98/2000 Security Patch Removal
I had outlook 98 and installed the MS security patch. This caused an error everytime I access my contacts either directly or through sending an email. I installed office 2000 and outlook 2000 over this and the error persists. I have outlook v9.0.02711, pre built in security patch. I use the workgroup setup. I am not opposed to security for attachments but I find the error message which is non-fatal very annoying. How can I remove the security patch? Easily. If I uninstall and reinstall office 2000 , will profiles be preserved with the uninstall? Can they be saved? Interesting that I still ...

Problems with current currency!
Hi. I found serious problem with currencies handling in MS Money Plus! I set up BASE currency as USD but MS Money still try to use currency specified in locale settings (RUR)! It looks very bad - like MS money able to work only in US locale and only with US currency. :-( I have made lot of experiments - uninstalled MS money, installed again, killed databases, created it from scratch, tried different variants of settings... unfortunately - without positive effect. Even if I setp 1 setp forward it finally crashed on the one of next steps or put wrong currency to the invoice. :-((( I...

Repeat Rows but not on every page!
Is it possible to set the repeat for just a certain number of pages, not all? Example: I want to repeat $2:$2 on page 1 through 6 but I don't want the repeat on pages 7 through 10. Is there a way to define this? Setup a custom print macro that prints pages 1-6 with the repeated row, and pages 7 - 10 w/o repeat? (You can record this macro yourself) -- Best Regards, Luke M "AndreaW" <AndreaW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BD8310D-2369-4C64-A4CC-04E16F50CFDD@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set the repeat for just a certain numbe...

Setting up a group
I have not worked with outlook, except to send an email, but I was asked to set up a distribution list so that I can email a file to multiple clients. I have set up the email addresses in excel. Is there a way to set up Outlook so that I can set up the fields that I need such as name, address, client no, email address., contact person. I tried to import into a group under contacts, but when i get to the step that says it will could take several minutes to import, the next button is grayed out. As you can tell I am out of my element on this. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you....

How do I set up 12-month rolling month cells in excel?
Need to set up 12 cells starting with the current month followed y the next 11 months based on today() as a starting point. Any suggestions? With TODAY() in cell B2, try this formula: =EOMONTH(B2,1) .... then copy and paste into subsequent cells in the continuum. You may require some experimentation to get your desired results. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:42:09 -0800, jbh <jbh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Need to set up 12 cells starting with the current month followed y the next >11 months based on today() as a starting point. Any suggestions? A1: =today() A2: =edate($...

How do I get the currently selected mail
I have written a COM addin to add a command bar along with a menu item to MS Outlook. On clicking this menu item I am able to identify the currently selected folder. My approach is as follows: void __stdcall CAddin::OnClickButton(/*IDispa=ADtch*/ Office::_CommandBarButton *Ctrl,VARIANT_BOOL * CancelDefault) { Outlook::MAPIFolder * m_pFolder; CComQIPtr<Office::_CommandBarB=ADutton,&__uuidof(Office::_Comma=ADndBarButt= on)> pCommandBarButton(Ctrl); BSTR fullFolderPath; CComQIPtr <Outlook::_Application> spApp(pApplication); CComPtr<Outlook::_Explorer> spEx...

Not current record
Hi I am new to Access so please help. I have a form (frmAttendance) and within this form I have a button. This button opens another form (frmTravel). forms!frmAttendance!ssn = forms!frmTravel!ssn and forms!frmAttencance!meet_num = forms!frmTravel!meet_num. This all works great! What the problem is: when I close the frmTravel it does not go back to the current record on frmAttendance. Example: frmAttendance ssn = 777-77-7777 frmAttendance meet_num = 45r45r frmTravel ssn = 777-77-7777 frmTravel meet_num = 45r45r This works great! BUT when closing frmTravel frmTravel ssn = 777-77-777...