XP PRO 2003/Outlook send/receive

Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my
choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check.....

It seems to have started  doing this since I had a wireless router
installed.

I want it to check every 5 minutes but it will not do it. I have
repaired the Office Suite to no effect.
0
nospam34 (6)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:14:10 -1000, gracenote <nospam@mydomain.com> wrote:

> Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my
> choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check.....
>
> It seems to have started  doing this since I had a wireless router
> installed.
>
> I want it to check every 5 minutes but it will not do it. I have
> repaired the Office Suite to no effect.

Have you set your connection type to LAN?  Tools | Services | View or
Change E-mail...select your mail service; it's probably on the connection
tab.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook

Out of Office not on Tools Menu in Outlook 2003
The Out of Office assistant is not available on my Tools menu. I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. The help files trouleshooting guide indicates that if the tool is missing that I can go to Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options > Add-in Manager, then select the Exchange Extensions command. When I select Add-in Manager I have something called "Exchange Extensions property manager" already highlighted. I would appreciate any help on getting this feature to work. Thanks. Make sure you have clicked on your inbox before going to the tools menu. ...

Outlook sending messages attachments corrupt??
Hi there I can't send any messages with attachment any more?? Attachments upon arrival appear as gibberish letters. Or if the attachment is a lager file it produces multiple emails ( up to fifteen single messages) Each email is screened by Norton antivirus 2003. I have not detected virus on my pc. any help would be much appreciated. What is going on?? Regards Norman ...

Receiving Attachments from Mac Mail
My wife has a new iMac with Snow Leopeord. When she sends Microsoft Word attachments, some recepients using Outlook recieve them with the correct file extension (.doc or docx), and some receive them with a .dat extension. Is there a setting in Outlook to allow the correct extension to be be maintained? -- Regards, ascher Is she sending a Rich Text Format e-mail. That is the primary cause of ..dat issues. Change to HTML or Plain Text. ascher wrote: > My wife has a new iMac with Snow Leopeord. When she sends Microsoft Word > attachments, some recepients using Outlook...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

Uninstall Outlook 2002
I installed Office 2003 Beta, when the beta expired I uninstalled 2003 and reinstalled my Office XP. To my surprise OL2002 came up with contacts and e-mails intact, however when I try a send/recieve I get "Operation Failed" as an error message. I uninstalled Office 2002 however OL2002 did not uninstall and it does not show under the Add/Remove programs. Any suggestions? Randy Try this. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354&Product=ol2002 "Randy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00d401c3b840$cb23e1d0$...

Outlook 2003 #279
CAN receive email from HTTP accounts. Cannot receive email from Comcast (POP3) account. RK <RK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > CAN receive email from HTTP accounts. Cannot receive email from > Comcast (POP3) account. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman a few of the messages arrive...but not all of them. There seems to be no pattern. (There are no messages in junk email.) I am setting up my new laptop computer, but I still have access to the old desktop and that is how I know some messages are not arriving at the new Outlook. In fact, I just noticed the m...

exporting contacts from outlook express
i'm wondering is it possible to somehow export contact list from outlook express to crm? in outlook express click on file - export - address book then choose Text File (Comma Separated Values) etc. You will end up with a csv file you can use to import into crm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:510A2363-D10D-485A-975B-6D9265DAE538@microsoft.com... > i'm wondering is it possible to somehow export contact list from outlook > express...

Office 2003 03-11-10
I purchased Office small business 2003 upgrade to replace the temporary trial version when I bought my laptop but I have had to reformat the hard drive on that laptop and I don't have the trial version anymore so the upgrade is useless to me. Do you have any suggestion on how I could resolve this issue. I don't want to buy office all over again JIm S I don't believe you could have "upgraded" a trial version that wasn't licensed. An upgrade version is used to move from an older version to a newer version, not from a trial to a licensed version. ...

Outlook 2003 lose connection to Exchange 2000 Server
Suddently my Outlook 2003 lose connection to Exchange 2000 Server SP3 and seems that internal email are slower than normal. Any idea on this problem? Thanks Simona ...

Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked
Did windowsupdate.com and also ran the tzmove.exe tool to fix appointments with regards to new DST. If I use regular Outlook everything looks fine. But when I switch to Web Outlook, my appointments are still messed up for the next 3 weeks (off by 1 hour). How can I fix Web Outlook appointments? thanks. c Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of Exchange. - RAM On Mar 12, 1:49 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of > Exchange. > > - RAM My admin says if appointments ...

Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1
Microsoft told us that Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 RTM'ed TODAY - when will it be available for download? As the old saying goes: " When its ready" :) On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:00:57 -0600, "Research Services" <key@lamar.n0-sp@m.colostate.edu.NO> wrote: >Microsoft told us that Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 RTM'ed TODAY - when will >it be available for download? > ...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Compressing/hiding subcategories (Money 2003)?
I've just upgraded to Money 2003 from an older version--97 or 98, I believe. I don't use many extra features--I basically use it as a simple ledger to keep track of the multiple accounts I manage in my job. I've categorized my transactions into topic-quarter-year format.....but after a while, there are far too many in the list, and I have to swim through them to find what I want. I've converted the older ones into subcategories, and it seems that the older Money version used to 'hide' the subcategories....they weren't open all the time. Now, in 2003, the ...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

outlook attatchment read only
when I try and open a attatchment that someone sends me it opens it as a read only file. I can save it as another name. I can also drag it to the desktop and than open it and it won't be read only. Just wondering if there is a setting that I need to change to get this to work. I don't like it when I need to change the name all the time to save it. its only when I receive attatchments. If I receive attatchmet it does it. If I forward back to the person who send it. It does not become read only on there computer It is outlook 2003. When you open the message first and...

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
When I go to send a message and type in the person's first initial it gives me the drop down box to choose who I want to send to. However, there are names in there that I want to delete but I do not know how to delete them? These names are NOT in my address book or contact list, these are names from people that I did business with a couple of years ago and sent emails to and now I want to delete these names from this drop down list. Any suggestions? "steelergal63" <steelergal63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31E05474-5199-49B3-B2D6-E3...

Outlook Checking Forcing sequential check of multiple pop accounts
I've been bouncing back and forth between outlook and outlook express for quite a while now and I'd use outlook primarily except I'm getting frustrated with how it handles send/receive for multiple POP accounts. If I perform a general send and receive, even after semi limiting the accounts through groups, the downloading of messages takes a long time. I often run into problems where my connection to one of my servers is reset and the ever dreaded problem of duplicate messages. If I do a send/receive on a mailbox by mailbox basis, the downloads are quick and I never seem to run in...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Excel 2003 Spreadsheet Issues
If I open my Excel 2003 spreadsheet the bottom half of the sheet has all solid black lines in each row and I can not see the type. I can put the check marks in boxi, but nothing else. If I print it, it prints with the black lines. If I send it to another user, they can open it up just fine. If I use Excel 2007 it shows a Security Warning about active content has been disable. If I select Options.... To Enable this content. It shows my text that was blocked out..... But everyone else is on Excel 2003 I need to fix it there. Please help!!! Bob Viancourt Bob, Do other workbooks b...

Outlook 2003 personal address book
How do you change the default to show the Personal Address Book in addressing a new email? Everytime I create a new email and when I click on the address book button, I like to see my personal address book instead of the reciepients list. please help!!! Tools | Address Book, Tools | Options. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Danna Burton" <dburton@hcso.tampa.fl.us> wrote in message news:6c2101c475ab$7be48dd0$a401280a@phx...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...