xp home user accounts

i am using outlook 2003 with XP Home. It works fine w/ my XP account but when i try to use it in my daughters XP account i get this error message, "Unable to open default email folders. File Access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Windows\outlook.pst". My xp account is the owner/administrator account and my daoughters is a limited account. Is there any way that i can get Outlook to work on both accounts?
0
a9969 (81)

0
anonymous (74718)

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

2 Accounts on Outlook?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C93842.127F2810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, On my PC I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to an exchange server for = work and Outlook Express (about 5 accounts) pop3 for my personal email. Is there any way I can use Outlook 2007 for all these accounts but not = have the emails merging into 1 inbox etc? Thanks Mark ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C93842.127F2810 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodi...

Users get locked out
I've got an app in VB6 that users access as a database. Some users are reporting that it is all working ok until 1 particular user connects to the database. When they do they get the error below. On several occasions I've sent an email saying that it must be network permissions and not had a reply. Usually that means it fixed the issue and they don't want to admit it was their fault but it makes it difficult because I have no idea what the solution was. Has anyone encountered this? Is there an easy way to reproduce it on my machine? I don't think it's anything to do ...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

User Manager 07-03-05
"The sever localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privledges to run User Manager. For more information, contact your system admin." I have read other threads on this but nothing I saw really pertained to me. I am on Win2003, SP1, MS CRM 1.2. I am logged in as the administrator and the Deployment Manager can see the SQL server (same box) yet I cannot add a user. I have tried everything I know. Uninstall, re-install, adding the IP to the hosts. table, adding administrato...

AD deleted user, lost license ?
I have a customer who deleted the ad user before moving the crm user data and license to a new crm user. I tried changing the systemusertable to match the login of the new user but I guess there also have to be changed a GUID ( I know it isn't a supported way but had to try it ) I changed it back but have the problem that I can't move the license and move data to a new crm user because the ad user is gone. What to do ? Jack Are you running CRM 1.2 or 3.0? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> wrote in message news:unWJNvjLGHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I have...

How to prevent a user to move a window
Hi, I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bs9rka$560$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hi, > > I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. > It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. You can try handling WM_NCHITTEST and calling DefWindowProc. When you get back HTCAPTION return instead HTNOWHERE. You'll probably want to remove or disable the 'Move&#...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Adding an Account Transfer to the Budget #2
I would like to add an account transfer that occurs every month (to a college savings account) to my budget. I have the account set up in money but can’t figure out how to add the transfer to the budget. I have a similar transfer to a retirement account in the budget but can’t remember how I did it…maybe I added it when I initially set up the budget…shouldn’t I be able to add another? You can't add transfers to the budget if both of those accounts are already in the budget. However, if you remove the savings account from the budget, it will show up in 'transfers out of budget&#...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Offline defrag needed after deleting 250 old users?
Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old users/mailboxes? Thanks How much data was deleted? What portion of the total is this? Nue "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B5087DE-CABB-47FB-9D2F-A6DEC467A2C7@microsoft.com... > Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old > users/mailboxes? > > Thanks > > On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 04:39:27 -0800, SW <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old >users/...

Restrict user to a single PC
Hi, We have a SBS 2008 server and need to configure a user to connect to an specific computer and restrict access to others PCs. Is that possible? Thanks in advance, Danny Hi Not by any normal technology. I supose you could automate the logoff time for any users and require a fingerprint to logon, but seems a lot of trouble for the staff when a simple instruction (verbal as well as written) should do. There are many, many examples of employee behaviour that are best enforced by policy not technology. Coming to work on time is just one example. - Larry -Please ...

Can't load Office:mac 2008 Home & Student Edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) The docking bar shows all 4 applications but whenever I open Word, Excel, etc. I get the following message less than a second after opening "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close" When checking for details I get these messages: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Application LCID: 1033 Extra app info. Reg: er Loc=0x0409 Also, when I attempted to install the most recent update I got the following message: "You cannot install office 2008 12.1.9 update on this volume. A version of the software required to install...

Outlook Checking Forcing sequential check of multiple pop accounts
I've been bouncing back and forth between outlook and outlook express for quite a while now and I'd use outlook primarily except I'm getting frustrated with how it handles send/receive for multiple POP accounts. If I perform a general send and receive, even after semi limiting the accounts through groups, the downloading of messages takes a long time. I often run into problems where my connection to one of my servers is reset and the ever dreaded problem of duplicate messages. If I do a send/receive on a mailbox by mailbox basis, the downloads are quick and I never seem to run in...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Opening other users Cals and Inbox
I was under the impression someone with admin rights could view inbox and cals by default of other users. The company I work for wants the managers to be able to do this for all their people. Is there a way I can do this on the Exchange server? Hi Ken! This is not like this way. As administrator u r able to grant those permissions to some users, but I would not do this, because it could be against some laws of privacy! So, just be careful! Greetz Matthias "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23pLG672$FHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I was...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Multiple accounts
I have just installed Money 2003. Does anyone know how to set up multiple member accounts from one bank? My bank puts multiple type of accounts, like checking and credit, under one account number. We can also have multiple account numbers. I cannot figure out how to set this up. I have the account types from one number updating automatically by connecting online. When I try to setup the other account number to do this, there is no where to enter another password. Any help would be appreciated. If I understand your situation correctly, you have multiple accounts at the same ban...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

Removing accounts
I have been using Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail. There is some duplication of accounts that I want to sort out and tidy up. The relevant Properties box that is checked is – ‘Remove from server when deleted from Deleted items.’ If I do remove an account that is in both WM and WLM will it remove both of them so that I lose the information completely, or just the one I select to remove from? Thank you. The setting "Remove from server when deleted from Deleted items" refers to email messages, not to accounts. But be careful when removing an account in Windows L...