xls attachment became dat

Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague.
The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of dat.
My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook?
0
inenewbl (26)

Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express?  These two are very
different programs where one can handle Rich Text messages (Microsoft
Outlook) while the other cannot.  The common message formats between
Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express is Plain Text and/or HTML.  Therefore
I would double check with the sender to verify that they sent the message in
Plain Text or HTML.

/neo

ps - there are other factors that can cause a plain text or html formatted
message to switch to Rich Text when the user clicks the send button.

"inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague.
> The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of
> dat.
> My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook?

0
neo7948 (622)

Can't read attachments
When attempting to read attachments named ATT000xx.dat I receive the following message: Access to C\WINDOWS\Temporary was denied. I was able to read them two days ago, and the problem started after forwarding some of them. Now I don't seem to be able to read any of them. These attachments are headers from SPAM being returned to me (phony return address). Any suggestions? ...

print attachement
Hello, I would like Outlook to check for a specific attachement in incoming email (for example all attached word documents in format "ras*.doc") and to print the attached document automatically. Is is possible using rules ? do I need a script ? any idea how to do it ? Thank you ...

xls extension
when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I stop this happening? Hi If you go to Windows Explorer and on the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and then click the View Tab. Scroll down until you find the check box that says 'Hide file extensions for know file types. If you click this box to check it on, your .xls should be hidden. You will probably have to close Excel and restart it and then it should work. Hope this helps Ann >-----Original Message----- >when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I >stop...

client operation failed on determining TNEF attachment type
Hi, We are using Exchange Server 5.5, and have applications written in VB6 and C# that read and process emails. We are experiencing intermittent errors similar to C# Application System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The client operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - [E_FAIL(80004005)]] at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData) at MAPI.Attachment.get_Type() VB Application -2147467259 = The client operation failed....

Maximum Attachment Size
I have a user that is trying to send an attachment of 10257KB, but he is getting an "Operation Failed" error in Outlook. I've upped the delivery and receiving restrictions in the Global Settings in Exchange System Manager from 10240 to 20480, so I should have more than enough headroom for this file, but it doesn't seem to have had an effect. Is there somewhere else that I should make the change or do I have to do some sort of reset on the Exchange server. For reference, the user's delivery restrictions are set to take the system default and the SMTP connector doesn...

E-Mailing Attachments #2
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have several users that when they try to send an e-mail with a Word or Excel attachment they get the follwing error: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persits restart Outlook." Restarting Outlook does not fix the problem. What they end up doing is cutting and pasting to a new. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks, JG Version of Outlook? What is logged to the Event Viewer? Installed the latest Servicepack and hotfixes already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook ...

Document email attachment problem
I have a few users who have a problem with sending emails from within word, excel etc. If they are in the document in question and click the email button, add the "to" address then click send it just sits there, nothing happens, they exit out of the document and select save when prompted, a copy of the email/document ends up in their inbox and the email was never sent. Anyone know why? Thanks! Scott "Sending" an email just sends it to the Outbox. Unless you have your mail client configured to send messages immediately (which I consider an invitation to disaster), th...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

outlook 2000 SP3 attachment warning message
I am trying without success to disable the attachment warning message you get when you click on, for instance, an attached .jpg file. Is there any way to do this? Registry edits are OK...I just want the attachment to open when I click on it's icon rather than that warning popup appearing. Many thanks for any feedback. -- <Smith&Wesson...the original point and click interface> ...

Outlook
Every time I send an email, an attachment called image001.gif goes as well. I have checked and it is not a virus and a can't get rid of it. Anyone any suggestions? Thanks Hm Outlook doen't send "image001.gif" at any time. How do u check this issue ? From which system to u send and reviece mails ? Both Outlook and Exchange ? Which Versions ? I've seen "Winmail.dat" and such stuff over an foreign Webinterface for Mail. Regards Roger "Amanda Gorman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1ba101c4af79$d0f8dad0$...

ifilter indexing attachments pdf
Hi, anybody knows how to search for a text contained in a pdf attachment? I've installed Ifilter but there's no way to search for a pdf attachment's content with Outlook 2003... :( Any hint? Thanks in advance Are you looking for an Outlook client or Exchange server solution? One solution to this is Windows Desktop Search: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/desktopsearch/default.mspx However, be careful using Windows Desktop Search when Outlook is connected to an Exchange Server: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/08/22/409610.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/?id=9051...

xls attachment became dat
Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague. The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of dat. My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook? Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express? These two are very different programs where one can handle Rich Text messages (Microsoft Outlook) while the other cannot. The common message formats between Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express is Plain Text and/or HTML. Therefore I would double check with the sender to verify that they sent the message in Pla...

Saving .xls without macro
Hello, I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related t it. This is my issue: I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save th resulting sheets as .xls. The resulting sheets are saved with origina macro. I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without th macro. I am using this code to save my file as .xls. File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now "mmddyy") & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="",...

controling a .xls from another .xls
does anyone know if it is possible to control one excell file from another. i.e lets say there are two files: a.xls & b.xls in "a.xls" cell A1 we input the number "100", is it possible for this number to automatically be populated in to cell A1 of "b.xls"??? if so how??? thanks guys -- on-a-mission ------------------------------------------------------------------------ on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513234 In cell A...

Slow opening messages with attachments
In recent days, my OL 2003 install has begun to "hang" on any message with an attachment. It takes 30-45 sec to open any message with an attachment (5k text fiels take just as long as 5M PDFs). No difference whether using preview pane or not - as soon as I try tio look a tht emessage, it's coffee break time. AFAIK, I haven't done anything to trigger this - no recent updates, no config changes, etc. Attemptintg to resolve this I've tried the following: - Cleaned up & compacted the .PST file - Disabled "IM integration" - Renamed the outcmd.dat file None of...

Saving Attachments #8
While using Outlook 2000, I opened up a MS Word attachment and made numeous changes to it while at the same time continously saving the document with the save disk icon on the toolbar. At the end of making my changes and exiting Outlook I was asked if I wanted to save changes. Thinking this is what I had been doing all along, I selected no. When I went back into the attached document, my changes were not visible. Did I lose all the changes I had made or is the document lurking in an altenate hidden location? Thanks. Blase "Blase" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Outlook 2007 attach file default folder
Hello, When I want to attach a file to a message, I am always pointed to Libraries\Documents I would like to change this location to somewhere else (C:\Documents\) This was done in Outlook 2003 by editing registry, however same trick does not work for 2007. Is it possible in 2007? Thank you for your advice ...

Where do the attachments go?
Outlook 2k, WinXP Pro. Hi there. When O2k connects to a server and an attachment is downloaded, exactly where does it go? I want to design an MS Access application that (amongst other things) extracts the attachments in your Inbox to another location. Many thanks. Keith. www.keithwilby.org.uk Assuming that you are working with an IMAP/POP/SMTP mailbox, the attachment is stored in the Personal Folder (PST) file right along with everything else. "Keith" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:c6tqc7$5gb$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Outlook 2k, WinXP Pro. > > Hi there. >...

launching xls in web browser
I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser. The first one launches successfully in a new browser window. The second one also launches successfully. However, the first browser window becomes blank after the second report launches. When I close the first browser window the second window becomes blank as well. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

OE removes unsafe attachments.
When I move a message to my local folders, Outlook express removes the attachments. They are grey instead of black and I cann't access them. There is also a message that states "OE has removed unsafe attachments". It happens with .PDF files but not .doc. Does any one know how to stop this from occuring. Thanks Heaps Brent Savage. tools | options | security tab | uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments "Brent Savage" <brent_j_savage@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:041b01c36c31$d44bf190$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I move a message to...

I'm getting files saved with names like 48A52100 with no .xls f.
I'm getting spreadsheets saved on our network with an 8-character string as the filename and no .xls file extension. Using the "Open with . . ." option they successfully open with Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? -- Iain N Black Kelton - These are temp files created when Excel saves a workbook. Normally they are deleted when the save is complete. This might fall under the funny behaviors that occur when working with files on a network. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

importing .xls chart info to .xls calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I take the information in an .xls file and import it to a blank .xls calendar? ...

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

Window mail attachments
I have Windows Mail and starting ~ 3 weeks ago I can not open an attachment regardless of what type of ectension it was sent with. Have searched the internet and tried the only thing I could find but to no avail. All help will be much appreciated. p.s.Sorry for the previous question thinking that I had outlook express -- steve See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#1 and see it that is any help. Its the = same in WinMail as in OE. Try sending a message to yourself and include an attachment and see if = you receive it properly. steve "steve" <steve@discussions.micro...

attachments
I want to keep my attachments in the top line under subject. Suddenly my computer wants to place them in the body of the document. What do I do? Not a Word question, but... Assuming that you're using Outlook, then I'd say the problem is that the format of your messages has been changed from HTML to something else - most likely RTF. If you need more information than this, please ask in the appropriate newsgroup for your email client. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix Word MVP "Sid" <Sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB1B5EC2...