Wrong time in Outlook

Hi,

I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the
wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It
can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in
gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem.

Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of
course.

Thanks for your help.

Ralf

0
rabele (5)

is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in
Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account
for the difference.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<rabele@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the
> wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It
> can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in
> gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem.
>
> Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of
> course.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Ralf

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/16/2006 7:51:36 PM
Hi Diane,

thank you for your answer. The time zone is correct. It's GMT+1. The
system time in the lower right corner shows the correct time. Just
Outlook and for instance a TV schedule show the wrong time. In the
movie schedule I have breakfast TV at prime time (around 8pm).

Any further suggestions ?

Thanks.
Ralf

Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:

> is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in
> Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account
> for the difference.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> <rabele@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the
> > wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It
> > can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in
> > gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem.
> >
> > Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of
> > course.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Ralf

0
rabele (5)
2/17/2006 7:53:22 AM
rabele@gmail.com <rabele@gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you for your answer. The time zone is correct. It's GMT+1. The
> system time in the lower right corner shows the correct time. Just
> Outlook and for instance a TV schedule show the wrong time. In the
> movie schedule I have breakfast TV at prime time (around 8pm).

What about the time on the server from which you get your mail?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Time Zone
What formula I can use to make the changes of hour between cities or continents? What formula I can use to make the changes of hour between cities or continents? -- HR157 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HR157's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544337 =A1+(1/24*3) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "HR157" wrote: > > What formula I can use to make the changes of hour between cities or > continents? > > Wh...

Outlook 2000 Serach options!
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 SR1 and my collegue is also using the same. When he clicks on Tools -> Find, we gets the normal find windows that opens. The difference is that, to the left hand side (this is normal find, not the advanced find), I get Find items in Inbox Searching: From, Subject My collegue gets Find items in Inbox Searching: From, Subject, CC The difference is I do not get the CC option. Though I know that we can try Advanced find, I want to know what different his settings are, and if I need to make any changes to my settings so that I can get that option. We are...

Integration with Outlook 2002
I understand Outlook 2002 integrates with CRM; however, I cannot promote emails from outlook to CRM. Did I miss a setup? Did you install Sales for Outlook? I've had no trouble with Outlook 2002 (XP?) or 2003 (except for one machine which I finally got going with the help of this news group!) "Larry" <lwmcbride@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1479f01c4450a$50209a80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I understand Outlook 2002 integrates with CRM; however, I > cannot promote emails from outlook to CRM. Did I miss a > setup? ...

Outlook 2007
Hi, Would like to understand a specific function of outlook. We have users connecting to an exchange server using HTTP over RPC via WAN connections. We would like to confirm that when running Outlook ONLINE but WITH Cached mode enabled that when an ALREADY downloaded attachment (message) is opened it is opened from the "Cache" (local database / ost) and NOT over the line. Is this understanding correct? Thanks in advance, George Yes, that's the way Cached Mode works. Any data in the cache is opened = from the cache.=20 What you didn't say is what folder the item ...

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

how do i stop outlook express timing out so i can recieve mail?
Everytime I open outlook express it recieves the same couple of emails over and over again then times out. I have over 70 emails but only recieve the first few repeatedly. how di i fix this problem. I have somewhat limited computer knowledge so any help would be great. > Everytime I open outlook express it recieves the same couple of emails > over and over again then times out. I have over 70 emails but only > recieve the first few repeatedly. how di i fix this problem. I have > somewhat limited computer knowledge so any help would be great. Actually, I'd ask in the micr...

Outlook 2003 blocked due to Corrupt MAPI32.DLL
I'm running Outlook 2003 on Vista Business. Today I was blocked from the program due to an "incorrect or corrupt" MAPI32.DLL file. Ran repair. Didn't work. Reinstalled Outlook 2003 as advised. Still no go. Read solutions provided to others in the community, but couldn't find the files and utilities referred to in the conversation. Please help. "Dilomir" <Dilomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5AFCEAA-5DCA-4C07-B69E-31FF69A9A552@microsoft.com... > I'm running Outlook 2003 on Vista Business. > Today I was bloc...

Outlook music insert
...and if there is no way of sending MP3 is there another compact format that is easy to send in a message? debbieman wrote: > ..and if there is no way of sending MP3 is there another > compact format that is easy to send in a message? You can certainly send an mp3 as an attachment as long as it is under the size that your ISP (normally) sets for attachments..... ...

Outlook 2003 outbox hangs
I have a client business that uses Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 for all mail, with no outside mail. Only one user is experiencing this problem. When the user sends an Excel spreadsheet to another user (always the same transfer user 1 to user 2) the mail hangs in the outbox. The user waited once to time it, and 1.5 hours later, it was finally sent. Other times, it sends fine. All other mail sends fine. The only attachment that hangs is this spreadsheet and only to the user that the trouble machine sends to. I've seen fixes for a hanging outbox, but that was usually with mult...

a quoi sert outlook express
Salut tous le monde qui lit ce petit message Voila je d�but sur ce programme et je ne sais pas trop a il sert , et j'ai pas le courage de lire e mode d'emplois car il est un peu �pais . Alors si quelqu'un a le temps de me dire a quoi sert ce programme en quelque mot , ou en 5 mn c'est . Il faut bien un d�but a tout , merci a ceux qui prennent le temps de m'expliquer . A bient�t . ...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Outlook 2002 #234
I believe that Outook 2002 supports multiple email accounts; but, how do I switch from one to another? Use the dropdown next to the Send button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00C15904-7081-4A44-94EE-2290BF617AAD@microsoft.com... >I believe that Outook 2002 supports multiple email accounts; > but, how do I switch from one to another? Russ, I'm sorry, that works for sending from different accounts, but, I'm trying to get the incoming from different accounts! "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outloo...

Can someone give me the outlook express server details for other good Apple users newsgroups?
I'm looking for the servers etc, thanks in advance ...

Deleted Items of multiple accounts (Outlook 2003)
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? ...

Can more as 1 user use Excel File in Intranet in the same Time
Can more as 1 user use or modify Excel File in Intranet in the same ?? no excel is for fucking retards. use a database; Excel has ZERO VALUE -Aaron ADP Nationalist marcin wrote: > Can more as 1 user use or modify Excel File in Intranet in the same ?? ...

Evaluate execution time
I need to evaluate the time a procedure takes to run so that I can compare 2 procedures... I was wondering if there was any advice on how it should be done. My initial idea was to simply create 2 variables: startime & endtime and place the startime at the very beginning and the endtime at the very end and equate them equal to time(). Finally end the procedure by debug.print endtime-startime. Does this make sence? Is there another approach I am missing? Perhaps a tool already exists to do this type of thing that I am not aware of? Thank you QB This API call sho...

outlook 2003 and windows 2003 professional issue
I have a weird issue, I'm trying to setup rpc over https on a remote box. I can get every other pc to work, only difference is? remote box is win2000, all others are xp. what happens, is that when you go into edit email account settings, under connections tab, there is NO "exchange over internet" option or button any where ??? AL Windows 2000 does not support RPC over HTTPS. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furiou...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

how can i print my saved "notes" in outlook?
I WANT TO MAKE A HARD COPY OF MY "NOTES" IN OUTLOOK, HOW CAN I DO THIS? KEITH1ST;110187 Wrote: > I WANT TO MAKE A HARD COPY OF MY "NOTES" IN OUTLOOK, HOW CAN I DO THIS? One way is FIle>Import and Export>Export to a file. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- tillman1952 http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook Express dbx files
Hi, I have just upgraded from ME to XP and don't know how to bring back all my backed up outlook express dbx files to me new outlook express withing windows XP Can anybody help thanks and regards Hi Anthony, here you could get your information. http://shortwork.net/compu/OE-migrate-howto.php -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Negative time displayed as #######
Hi, i have this code: =IF(ISBLANK(D9)," ",ROUND(((D9-C9-"08:30")-1/288)/TIME(,30,),)*TIME(,30,)) If the result is a negative time, then the formula display "###########". Is there a way that this formula to display even the negative time or to display a message instead of "#########"? The message to be "Less" Can this be done? Thanks! Change the cell's formatting. Either change it to something besides a time format, or, go to custom format, and add on a message to display for negative time. So, let's say your curren...

CRM 4.0 + ie8 + outlook
Hi everyone, I'm having 2 issues, they seem to be related (or not!). 1) When sending mail merge from within CRM for outlook it crashes while sending it out from Word. The email still sends, but because it's crashed it doesn't give us the next page which allows us to create activities. ie8 is the program crashing.. 2) ie8 + CRM 4.0 + advanced find issue. info here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=&cr=&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.crm&p=1&tid=ab42078f-5779-407c-a970-d6a675565f67 Any ideas? I'm on r...

Question about dates/times
Is there an efficient way to format columns for the date, time, and day of week, and then reference that data in statements, for example using an if statement assume a certian value for each month/day of week/time of day? That is a very ambiguous question. Firstly, it is simple to format a column, just select the column, and use Format>Cells>Date and Time and choose a format. But what does '... an if statement assume a certain value for each month/day of week/time of day...' mean? -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in m...

compact database at run time
hi How can i compact my access database programmatically .. In MSDN they gave a code like #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\Msado15.DLL" #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\MSJRO.DLL" no_namespace try { IJetEnginePtr jet(__uuidof(JetEngine)); jet->CompactDatabase( "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\nwind2.mdb", "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\abbc.mdb;" \ "Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4"); } catch(_com_error &e) { ::MessageBox(NULL, (LPCTSTR)e.De...