Wrong mailbox

Just this past week I am getting all most of my mail in the Outlook Express
Inbox when it is open at the same time as Outlook. This just started and I
am using Outlook as my default carrier.  What is causing this. I only keep
OE open because I have a Hotmail account and it doesn't automatically
download into Outlook.

0
vegaspatk (25)

PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote:

> Just this past week I am getting all most of my mail in the Outlook
> Express Inbox when it is open at the same time as Outlook. This just
> started and I am using Outlook as my default carrier.  What is
> causing this. I only keep OE open because I have a Hotmail account
> and it doesn't automatically download into Outlook.

But do you click Send/Receive to get your Hotmail?  If so, and you have an
account referencing the same account as Outlook, then OE will pull in the
mail from that account.  Either remove the POP account from Outlook or
remove the option to include that account when sending/receiving.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/12/2004 9:39:21 PM
No I don't have that account in Outlook and it was working well until last
week. It is Outlook 2000 and I have been using it for 3 mos.now.

> PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Just this past week I am getting all most of my mail in the Outlook
>> Express Inbox when it is open at the same time as Outlook. This just
>> started and I am using Outlook as my default carrier.  What is
>> causing this. I only keep OE open because I have a Hotmail account
>> and it doesn't automatically download into Outlook.
>
> But do you click Send/Receive to get your Hotmail?  If so, and you have an
> account referencing the same account as Outlook, then OE will pull in the
> mail from that account.  Either remove the POP account from Outlook or
> remove the option to include that account when sending/receiving.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
vegaspatk (25)

Mailbox-enabled client question
Hello, We use an exchange server 2003 just for public folders of various sorts. We do not use it for email send/receive. We use external POP mail. Periodically some emails sent from within the organization network to another address in our POP domain wind up in the exchange mailbox of the recipient, not in their POP mail. I cannot find a consistent cause for the wrong deliveries, and sometimes I cannot figure out the reason at all. I have disabled send/ receive to the ExchangeServer in Outlook 2003 send/receive edit settings. My question: Is there a way for mailbox-enabled clients to...

Cannot move mailbox between routing groups
Hi Im in the process of upgrading from exchange 5.5 to 2003. I was previously able to move mailboxes between all my 2003 routing groups. I have installed a new server in a new routing group and removed one of my old 5.5 servers. Scince this work, I am unable to move mailboxes between 2003 routing groups. The wizard only gives me the opting to move the mailbox to the old 5.5 server in each routing group. As I said, I was able to see all servers in all routing groups before. Any ideas? Thanks Is Exchange 2003 SP1 installed on the new server? "John Scrooby" <John@espotti...

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Last access to a users Mailbox
Hi, I want to see the latest access to a users access to his exchange mailbox. In the system manager, i can see the latest access, is there a possibility to see the for example last three accesses. Thanks in advance! Oliver Not without some sort of 3rd party monitoring solution. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "drgoebel" <drgoebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E6FB13-231B-4188-A2BB-AC8692ACDDF6@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to see the latest access to a users access to his exchange mailbox. > In the system manager, i can see the latest...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Mailbox shows up 2x in folder list
Hi all, Running Outlook 2k3 SP1 on XP SP2, fresh install. When I switch to the folder view, I see two copies of my Mailbox. All subfolders are there and both copies work. There is only a single profile configured and there is no option to delete on of the instances of the mailbox. Any ideas? Recreate the Outlook profile or Change the Display Name of the user in the ADUC and see if that works. On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:12:14 -0700, "Roy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Running Outlook 2k3 SP1 on XP SP2, fresh install. When I >switch t...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Mailbox recovery #2
Hello there! I made a backup last night of all the private database and today I need to recover just one mailbox of that database. The backup is not made mailbox by mailbox but as a whole. As more info the software I use to backup is Veritas Backup exec 8.6. Does anyone have an Idea of how can I make this? Thanks in advance. David "David Zambrano" <dzambranot@nospam.aol.com> wrote: >Hello there! >I made a backup last night of all the private database and today I need to >recover just one mailbox of that database. The backup is not made mailbox by >mailbox but a...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
The application I'm modifying is a fairly standard example of an MFC MDI app. There are several CToolBars created in MainFrm.cpp. The code to respond to the buttons on these toolbars is in the View.cpp file. One of these toolbars I modified to contain a slider. I derived a new class, CViewToolBar, from CToolBar and modified it to have a slider. I'm having problems with two major things: the correct way to include the new class information so that MainFrm knows about it to create the new toolbar, and how to get the view to respond to WM_HSCROLL messages from the slider. I had ...

Recurring split bills download wrong!
Money 2004: I have recurring bills with estimated amounts and splits. When I change the amount/splits and submit for payment, the check is being handled just fine through MSN Bill Pay. When I download the consummated transaction from Wells Fargo, however, Money is pulling in my ESTIMATED splits instead of my ACTUAL splits for that payment. Hence the splits never match the actual payment amount, and I get a warning. What a pain. This problem started when I switched from Wells Fargo bill pay to MSN. As I see it, though, it's Money's job to keep track of the splits internally, t...

Contact data is in wrong field
Hi all - I need some help with a complicated problem. I am working on a PST file that was recovered from some old data. Unfortunately, the recovery put contact data in the wrong places. Here are a few examples: 1. Contact street address and city shows up in the "Follup up flag" field 2. Contact "Email display as" contains the display as information with the email address, but the email address field is empty 3. Many duplicates of data with slightly different information (Same contact might have 3 copies, one with a missing telephone number, another with a missing emai...

transactions to read (wrong #)
I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any ideas? -- Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike Brearley wrote: >I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting >transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any >ideas? Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box....

Time wrong in meeting requests
We have Exchange 2000 and the following issue. When some (not all) users send a meeting request they are, in effect, one hour behind other Exchange users. For example User A sends a meeting request for 1pm - 2pm to User B. For User B the meeting shows up as 2pm - 3pm. Inversely, if User B sends a meeting request to User A for 4pm - 5pm it shows up as 3pm - 4pm for User A This starting happening on Friday (before daylight savings time for the first user to report it). The time is correct on the systems in question. The time is correct on the Exchange Server I don't have a clue so any cons...

When Moving Mailboxes...
Are you able to access mail during the move? We have a mailbox that could take up to 8 hours to move over the WAN, wondering if the user is not able to send or receive email during the move? On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:21:02 -0700, HenryG <HenryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are you able to access mail during the move? We have a mailbox that could >take up to 8 hours to move over the WAN, wondering if the user is not able to >send or receive email during the move? Nope. The mailbox will be inaccessible. Mail destined for it will queue. The mail will queue to be deli...

Inventory is wrong, purchase receipts is wrong
Item A in the Inquiry > Inventory > Item Transaction for Site A yields the following: Receipt 12/11/2003 Qty 12 Variance 17/7/2004 Qty (12) Receipt 1/9/2004 Qty 8 Receipt 1/9/2004 Qty 3 Receipt 1/22/2004 Qty 5 Receipt 1/22/2004 Qty 6 Adj 1/22/2004 Qty(1) Adj 1/22/2004 Qty(2) Tranfer 1/23/04 Qty 1 According to this, I would have a total of 20. However, the Transfer on 1/23/2004 is transferring FROM Site A TO Site B. Why is this not a negative? As well, this does not show in the purchase receipts. At the very end, if I add up the quantities from this r...

Auditing of mailboxes
Hi, I'm looking to do some auditing of shared mailboxes, for the purposes of checking the deletion or moving messages from the shared mailboxes, is this possible? At the moment people have their own dedictaed mailbxoes and access a shared mailbox. The users are running on Exchange 2003 SP1 and Outlook 2000/2002 Marcus ...

Open Mailboxes
Is anyone aware of a tool (preferably MS or freeware) that allows you to see who's mailbox is currently open. For example, after applying Windows updates, I'd like to check current (user is actively logged into their mailbox) connections before pulling the server out from under them, for a reboot. The server is Exchange 2003 running Win2003. Any ideas? ...

Calander is Wrong
My outlook 2003 has Feb 11 2008 as Friday and today Monday is Feb 11 2008. How can I fix this? --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 080210-0, 02/10/2008 Tested on: 2/11/2008 6:15:06 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com What addins do you have installed? Is it this way in every view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips...

DPM mailbox recovery
We have two mailbox stores setup on an exchange 2003 server and are backing these up with DPM 2007. When in the recovery tab in DPM we are able to drill down to each mailbox on one of the stores only. The other store will not allow us to drill down to the mailbox level. Is this something we should be concerned about? You have to create a Storage Recovery Group in Exchange and restore the entire mail store there. Then you can use the exchange management tools to recover your mailbox. Here is a good resource I use for restoring items from the recovery groups. http://www.m...

wrong calculations in money 2004
how much is 5000 (shares) x 13 (dollars per share)? money 2004 says it is 650. it should be 65000. i tried deleting and entering the portfolio entry 3 times but got the same wrong result, it wants to charge most of it to commision which it isnt and i didnt enter it as such. no typing errors either. i tried rebooting the program and the pc. nope! You entered 13 cents instead of dollars. Norm anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > how much is 5000 (shares) x 13 (dollars per share)? > money 2004 says it is 650. it should be 65000. > > i tried deleting and enteri...

Mailbox security issue
I am not an exchange guy, but does anyone know if there is a Microsoft (or third party) utility/program that will allow an administrator to verify or provide a report to see if someone has connected to and viewed another users mailbox/inbox? The person in question is an administrator with domain admin rights and can view anyone's mailbox. This is a serious ethics issue, so any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. "Mark C." <MarkC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EE7BCDB-C373-41F8-ABEB-BBF0D23EDFB1@microsoft.com... >I am not an exchange guy...