wrong email address sends

How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and
not a business account that I do not want going out with
my messages
0
xlr8ed (1)

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking
how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than
another?  If so, I need some more information from you before I can
answer:  What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what
mail support mode?  If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help
| About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or
"Corporate/Workgroup".  (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate
modes.)

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Bill" <xlr8ed@msn.com> wrote in message
> How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and
> not a business account that I do not want going out with
> my messages

Sending Email from Access via Lotus Notes
I have a database and I want to be able to send out an email to everyone within the employees table (tblemployees) that has an email address, I have a field called EmailAddress and this has been pre-set as a hyperlilnk using "mailto:". I basically just want to have a command button that will email all employees who have email addresses witin the list every 6 months, I do not want to attach anything but do want some text to show in the body of the email. I am using Access 97 and Lotus Notes 5.0.8. Any help would be very much appeciated. Here are a few Lotus Notes emailing f...

email size #2
Hi, i am trying to send an internal email of 20MB in size, but it bounces back with the error: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full We have exchange 2003 the default global setting = no limit User mailbox setting = use default limit SMTP virtual server setting = not set any idea Thanks I would say the 20MB email is taking the recipients mailbox over their configured limit. > This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's > mailbox is full Oliver ...

Moving my contacts to address book
I have just changed computers and am now using Outlook 2000. Previously I used Express. I have successfully moved my contacts to Contacts but I can not get them to show up in my address book so I can not access them when I clock on To in an email masseage. I am using Microsoft Outlook SR-1 (9.0.0.3821) When I imported the addresses, I did not have the option to move them to the Personal Address Book. Thanks Al The Personal Address Book is not in play. Outlook no longer uses it. Outlook 2000 is very outdated. It existed as two entirely separate programs: Internet Mail only and Corpo...

BLOCKING EMAILS
I have problems trying to filter junk mail. When I select an email and highlight it as junk mail, nothing happens and these emails are not filtered. How would I stop these mails from continuing to come into Outlook? ...

Address Lists #10
Hi! I'm finishing to set up a fresh install of W2K3 Server + Exchange Server 2003 SP2. I wish to set up a list of external addresses (not belonging to the AD) which will be accessible to the Exchange users from their Outlook 2003 clients. Read/write rights need to be applied to his list. I did it by putting the addresses in a specific Public Folder accessible from Outlook (under the Exchange System Attendant). I have three questions: 1. Is it the best practice to do that? The Address lists and Global Address Lists drill-down of the Exchange System Attendant seems to me more appropriat...

This message keeps returning when I Send/hit the Send/Receive butt
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'melray@'. Subject 'Fw: : Coming to an airport, near you...', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'mail.pacific.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Email rules are not being used
After the last Windows Updates ( Windows Vista Business 32 ), KB905866, my email rules are not being applied. I have a rule which tells Windows Mail not to get some emails and stop to process more rules, it is the last one in the rules list. I would like to know if it is any bug introduced in the last update. My rules used to work until last Monday ( Jan, 11 2010 ) Thanks a lot. "Jayme Jeffman Filho" <Jayme Jeffman Filho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA162D04-5E14-484B-A315-CB1F98EA97DB@microsoft.com... > After the last Windows Updates ...

Ship/Bill To Address in Payables
Hello, W using GP 9.0 SQL 2005. We are using Bill To, Ship To and Remit To Address. There is multiply address ids for each one. Can someone tell me is there a creation date and/or last use date for address id in GP Payables. Thank you, Kevin, There are no dates tracked for vendor addresses in GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12B43465-D44C-456A-9717-E0C967211E96@microsoft.com.....

Lost Email. URGENT
Just installed outlook 20003. When I download email it just seems to dissapear. I have asked the same question before but recieved no resonse. This is urgent for us as we receive 500 to 1000 email every day and I have no idea how many we have lost. Please advise Best Regards Bob Raley See my reply to your later post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ubkqqvV4DHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Robert Raley wrote: > Just installed outlook 200...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Email router problem
Have installed email router on Exchange 2000 server to the default web site on that server - installation was successfull. Now when we try to send an email from a licenced user on crm we get the error message (from IE): Unexpected error on send email. CRM is installed on a Win 2003 Std server. Have checked the registry setting which is pointing correctly to the location of the crm connector and also checked the SRFmapping which seems to be ok. Any responses will be very helpful as this is urgent. There should be a more specific error message in the event log. What does that say? Matt...

Transfering Emails #2
Can some kind soul tell me how to copy the contents of my Inbox on Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Outlook Express? It's got me stumped! Thanks Patch wrote: > Can some kind soul tell me how to copy the contents of my Inbox on Microsoft > Office Outlook 2007 to Outlook Express? It's got me stumped! > > > Thanks > > In OE do File-Import. Outlook (not Express) must be set as default Email client. "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:63b6mvF26nourU1@mid.individual.net... > Patch wrote: >> Can some kind ...

Import email from ACT
Hi all, I am assisting a friend's firm in migrating off ACT for their email. They are using it as a shared database, and it is truly, truly, funky, and they regularly cannot send mails out. I'd like to migrate them to individual copies of Outlook as an interim solution, and ultimately to a managed solution like Exchange. Is there a way to import mail from ACT to Outlook? I've seen a number of items on this as I researched this, but it all seems to apply to earlier versions of ACT and Outlook. The environment is ACT 6.0 and Outlook 2003. Ideally, I'd like to preserve the d...

Duplicate emails #8
Why would Outlook create two copies of messages? This only happens when messages certain people are sent. It happened with both Outlook XP and Outlook 2003. When I get my mail directly from my ISP's web access, there is only one email from the sender SafetyMan I receive up to seven (7!) copies of the same message before it is deleted from the server. I contacted the ISP who says it is Microsoft's fault; their server works correctly. I have a Toshiba laptop, WIN-XP-Home, set to delete messages from the server. If my home PC (WIN- 2000Pro) is set to delete messages from the se...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Outlook 2007 not receiving all exchange emails
I have set up my dad's outlook 2007 to connect to his work exchange server (i think that is a 2000 exchange server). It has been able to download almost 3000 inbox emails, and calendar info, contacts etc but has now stopped getting any more (and hasn't received any more for several months). It says Connected to Microsoft Exchange in the corner and has a progress bar saying Updating Inbox, but nothing more is downloaded. I am using a VPN to his work to connect. Is there a limit on the amount it can download, the outlook0.ost file is 1.50 gb, which seems too exact to just be a coinciden...

Macro to email workbook back to sender
I have a survey in an Excel file which is emailed to a user to complete At the end of the survey, the user presses a button which activates macro to pull up the mail dialog. I'd like to alter the VB code i this macro to further automate this process including automaticall writing the original sender's address in the To: line of the mai dialog and re-naming the workbook using text strings (e.g. name, dept. the user enters at the start of the survey. Ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ron has tons of code at http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm but these th...

Remove encryption from received emails
Hello, how can i permanently remove the S/MIME encryption/siganture from an encrypted/signed email? I only want the mail encrypted during mail delivery, once recieved i want to decrypt it an store the mail afterwards unencrypted. (Outlook 2003) Regards, Hans Is this actually possible? Do I need any other tools/AddIns? Does nobody use the encryption/signature this way? Regards, Hans I also have been looking for a solution to that problem. The only way to achieve this is - as far as i know - only deep c++ programming of the builtin cryptography-module or some 3rd party software (i know ...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

Emails can be received but not sent from Outlook
Hello; I have searched the threads and haven't found anything yet to help me. This is a little difficult to explain. I am using Outlook on Win2000. I have no problems receiving emails, other than the fact that I receive infected emails a couple times per day. When I try to send an email to someone, it is returned to me as undeliverable. I get the Message Undeliverable message sent to me as soon as it leaves the outbox. I know the email addresses are fine, and I know that my mail servers are set up correctly. It has worked perfectly fine up until a few days ago. I have downloaded stinge...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Email accounts not recognized in Send/Receive
running outlook 2002 under winxp prof on new IBM Thinkpad T40. last night when i hit send/receive nothing happened. it had been working. now when i if i write an email and clicks accounts to select the email account to send from, a fatal error notice appears. so it appears that somehow the pop email section of outlook 2002 is just not funstioning. any help apprciated. tried the knowledge base and the repair functions - nothing sems to address this issue. opa Have you run "Detect and Repair"? "opa" <mace@marriagealive.com> wrote in message news:07a601c357e2$2d...