Wrong characters displays in the task window.

Everytime that I try to type something in the task
windows the wrong characters appears. Also when updating
information. Already check the language settins all the
service packs are there. Windows XP and is Outlook 2002

What can I do!!
0
anonymous (74717)

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Display empty cells #2
Hi, I have a rather vexing, though small, problem with Excel. I'm creating worksheets that deal with museum specimens, and the cells in these sheets tend to contain either a lot of information or none at all. My problem: I want to be able to see the blank cells when I'm viewing the sheet, and the cells with text in them automatically obscure the blank cells. In my case, being able to see which cells are blank is almost as important as seeing the cells containing data. (I know that putting a "space" in the cell will cause it to display a blank cell, but we don'...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Import /Export from Windows Live Mail
A must for any mail programme is that you can import/export your stored mails and Folder structure from your old previous mail programme and7or from a back-up copi when you have had to re-install your computer. Due to propblems with my computer that started in LiveMail I have had to make an emergy export fro LiveMail of all my mails, folder structure and accounts to en external harddisc. That worked fine. But when I re-installed LiveMail from Miscrosofts homepage, then the downloaded version do not have any button for import/export so I cannot get my old e-mails and the storage ...

How Do I Resize an Option Group so It Displays Horizontally?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 and am relatively new to it. In a form, I've created an option group with 15 check boxes. The group is vertical, which I don't want. I'd prefer, if possible, for the group to be horizontal. Actually, I'd really prefer three rows with five options each. Is it possible to resize the option group, or configure it in such a way that it spreads out horizontally on the form, rather than vertically? When I try to resize it in design mode, nothing happens. Thank you! T. Hulot Yes it is quite easy to do it in design mode in the form. Select th...

Negative time displayed as #######
Hi, i have this code: =IF(ISBLANK(D9)," ",ROUND(((D9-C9-"08:30")-1/288)/TIME(,30,),)*TIME(,30,)) If the result is a negative time, then the formula display "###########". Is there a way that this formula to display even the negative time or to display a message instead of "#########"? The message to be "Less" Can this be done? Thanks! Change the cell's formatting. Either change it to something besides a time format, or, go to custom format, and add on a message to display for negative time. So, let's say your curren...

outlook 2003 and windows 2003 professional issue
I have a weird issue, I'm trying to setup rpc over https on a remote box. I can get every other pc to work, only difference is? remote box is win2000, all others are xp. what happens, is that when you go into edit email account settings, under connections tab, there is NO "exchange over internet" option or button any where ??? AL Windows 2000 does not support RPC over HTTPS. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furiou...

Switchboard is always covering other windows that open
I've created a switchboard. It constantly remains on top. Any other report, table, etc opens behind it. I've never had this happen with a switchboard before. Any ideas how to fix this? I've checked properties & such ... haven't had any luck. On the Other tab in Properties, set Pop Up to No. -- HTH CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! "SCS" <SCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8290F332-B29E-4C9D-8CA8-15D8F7568179@microsoft.com... &...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

windows movie maker won,t recognize videos from my nokia n95
hi,i have vista home premium and i cant get win movie maker to recognize vid files from my nokia n95-it will not import any of them-i can drag and drop files but then it only recognizes the audio part of file and can hear sound but screen stays black-same files run no problem in movie player etc.Please help,its driving me mad!! Hi, this is a newsgroup for Office:Mac, and the chances of getting an answer to a Movie Maker-related question are very low. Try posting the question in a newsgroup for either Windows XP/Vista or Movie Maker. On 16/04/08 11:07, in article 77CE6AFF-72C2-445E-BEE9...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Windows Mail not opening
I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even though I now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail (which will not open). Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes now attempt to open Windows Live Mail? Thank you, Snakedoctor Try repairing the WinMail database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ You can also go to...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
The application I'm modifying is a fairly standard example of an MFC MDI app. There are several CToolBars created in MainFrm.cpp. The code to respond to the buttons on these toolbars is in the View.cpp file. One of these toolbars I modified to contain a slider. I derived a new class, CViewToolBar, from CToolBar and modified it to have a slider. I'm having problems with two major things: the correct way to include the new class information so that MainFrm knows about it to create the new toolbar, and how to get the view to respond to WM_HSCROLL messages from the slider. I had ...

Windows only recognizes 2GB of RAM and there is 4GB installed
Hi. I've been having some issues with my laptop and RAM ever since I got it, and am really getting tired of being so limited by vista on only 2 gigs of RAM. I have been trying to search for a fix of my problem and haven't yet found a solution so I'm hoping someone might know what to do. Here's the issue. I have 4GB of RAM physically installed in the computer. I've checked bios, and it confirms the 4GB. When I view system information in windows, it too shows 4GB of RAM installed, but when I view the task manager, my system resource tab shows only 2GB of physica...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Can't display CListView in Report mode
I have a View derived from CListView. In it's OnInitialUpdate method, I do 4 InsertColumns that seem to work - when I trace thru them, each call returns the number of the column I indicated. In another method, I fill in the rows of the listview with calls to InsertItem followed by calls to SetItem. Again, tracing indicates these all succeed. But when the view displays, it looks like the text for each item is squeezed into a cell along the top of the view: AB.. AC.. AD.. BG.. HG.. PO.. and if I click on one of these, I get a thin vertical "cell" with all the text in i...

My windows giveth xml and it taketh away! Include path!
I wrote a screensaver, via Visual Studio 2003 in C# and I decided a wiser choice for me was to use an xml file to save my configs. Btw: I wonder if this is why every bit of documentation I've found for saving configuration info in an xml file speak of only doing this for web programming in fact, I get the impression that they have been slipped a mickey that made them forget that there are programs out there that are not web based, but I digress ... I could have done a regular config files be just a regular text file, but I figured, I might as well do it with xml like everyone else ...

Tasks reminders in the calendar.
I've allready googled around but it looks to me it's impossible to show tasks reminders (not start and due dates) in the calendar. If this is true is unbeleivable! What the hell of integrated product is this? If we have a calendar that handles reminders, how could MS forget to integrate wherever-generated reminders in the calendar? Outlook 2003 Regards I ve always wanted that feature. It seems that would be a pretty logical/resonable funtion to have.... or... if someone knows how to have tasks appear on the homepage task list as a reminder, as opposed to having the task sitti...

Windows 2008 and long paths
Hi! The Vista shell has some support for paths longer than MAX_PATH (260 chars): http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2006/12/13/1275292.aspx Does the 2008 shell have the same (or better) support? Kind regards, Thomas ...

sorting alphanumerical characters
Hi, I want to do an index for molecular formulas. Normally I import a file (.csv) and I have one column (text) containing: C3H2 C12H6F3 C12H6FO2 C6H12NO2 C10H5F3 and so on I would like to do a sorting in which C atoms are first sorted from 1-~, then H from 1 -~ and then alphabetical order of the rest of the elements(i.e F,N,O)in ascending order. The final list should look like: C3H2 C6H12NO2 C10H5F3 C12H6FO2 C12H6F3 Any suggestions please? Thank you Luminita Luminita, You can use a macro to sort chemical formulas. The version I've written will sort a list starting in cell A1, extending ...

How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted
Hello out there! I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other tasks that have yet to be completed. I've searched help and rung the customer support line but to no avail. Anyone know how? Would be much appreciated. Paul Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter button). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

Recurring split bills download wrong!
Money 2004: I have recurring bills with estimated amounts and splits. When I change the amount/splits and submit for payment, the check is being handled just fine through MSN Bill Pay. When I download the consummated transaction from Wells Fargo, however, Money is pulling in my ESTIMATED splits instead of my ACTUAL splits for that payment. Hence the splits never match the actual payment amount, and I get a warning. What a pain. This problem started when I switched from Wells Fargo bill pay to MSN. As I see it, though, it's Money's job to keep track of the splits internally, t...