wrong addresses

whenever I try to enter an address into the send to column, I get an
incorrect address e.g. old address or someone whom I have never even entered
into the address book. I am using the feature where you type in the first
letter and outlook finishes the address for you.
When I check in my address book some of these names are not even in there.
Help!

0
vegaspatk (25)

"PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
> whenever I try to enter an address into the send to column, I get an
> incorrect address e.g. old address or someone whom I have never even
> entered into the address book. I am using the feature where you type in
> the first letter and outlook finishes the address for you.
> When I check in my address book some of these names are not even in there.
> Help!

When this happens, use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the bad
address, and hit the delete key.

-Peter

0
pdurkee (276)
10/2/2007 5:31:31 PM
I have tried that but it does not allow you to delete anything. It says
"clear" but that only clears it from the to line. I have sent numerous mails
to the wrong person until I realized it was doing this. Very frustrating. I
have  even deleted some of the addresses from my address book hoping this
would rid me of the old address but it still shows up in this section.
"Peter Durkee" <pdurkee@mac.invalid> wrote in message

> "PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
>> whenever I try to enter an address into the send to column, I get an
>> incorrect address e.g. old address or someone whom I have never even
>> entered into the address book. I am using the feature where you type in
>> the first letter and outlook finishes the address for you.
>> When I check in my address book some of these names are not even in
>> there.
>> Help!
>>
> When this happens, use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the bad
> address, and hit the delete key.
>
> -Peter

0
vegaspatk (25)
10/2/2007 5:43:57 PM
"PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
> whenever I try to enter an address into the send to column, I get an
> incorrect address e.g. old address or someone whom I have never even
> entered into the address book. I am using the feature where you type in
> the first letter and outlook finishes the address for you.
> When I check in my address book some of these names are not even in there.
> Help!

When the wrong address pops up, arrow-key down to it and hit "delete".

0
gbplinux (1141)
10/2/2007 5:45:27 PM
you can start over with the autocomplete cache - just delete the nk2 file
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20060823.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

>I have tried that but it does not allow you to delete anything. It says
>"clear" but that only clears it from the to line. I have sent numerous
>mails to the wrong person until I realized it was doing this. Very
>frustrating. I have  even deleted some of the addresses from my address
>book hoping this would rid me of the old address but it still shows up in
>this section.
> "Peter Durkee" <pdurkee@mac.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> whenever I try to enter an address into the send to column, I get an
>>> incorrect address e.g. old address or someone whom I have never even
>>> entered into the address book. I am using the feature where you type in
>>> the first letter and outlook finishes the address for you.
>>> When I check in my address book some of these names are not even in
>>> there.
>>> Help!
>>>
>> When this happens, use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the bad
>> address, and hit the delete key.
>>
>> -Peter

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Print Address Labels from Columns??
Have an Excel spreadsheet with Name, Address, State, Zip in different columns. Are there stored functions an easy method to print envelopes or at least write that information to a text file for printing as address labels? Hi the following sites may help you using Word in combination with Excel (mail merge for your labels): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Al Franz wrote: > Have an Excel spreadsheet with Name, Address, State, Zip in different > columns. Are there...

Quote marks put on bounced address in NK2 file
A while back I had an Outlook user submit a ticket asking why did a bounced email to an address removed the address from her Outlook cached addresses. At the time I had no idea what she was referring to. Then more recently I had another user ask the same question. This time we looked at their NK2 file with a view, we found that the address was still in the file except now there were single quote marks around the address. The only way for Outlook to suggest the address is to put a ' in the To: field. Why were quote marks put on the address? Does anyone know what happened to ca...

Address Lists #10
Hi! I'm finishing to set up a fresh install of W2K3 Server + Exchange Server 2003 SP2. I wish to set up a list of external addresses (not belonging to the AD) which will be accessible to the Exchange users from their Outlook 2003 clients. Read/write rights need to be applied to his list. I did it by putting the addresses in a specific Public Folder accessible from Outlook (under the Exchange System Attendant). I have three questions: 1. Is it the best practice to do that? The Address lists and Global Address Lists drill-down of the Exchange System Attendant seems to me more appropriat...

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Ship/Bill To Address in Payables
Hello, W using GP 9.0 SQL 2005. We are using Bill To, Ship To and Remit To Address. There is multiply address ids for each one. Can someone tell me is there a creation date and/or last use date for address id in GP Payables. Thank you, Kevin, There are no dates tracked for vendor addresses in GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12B43465-D44C-456A-9717-E0C967211E96@microsoft.com.....

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Change email address when someone gets married
I have a user who is getting married. Her last name is going to change. How do I change here email address and login name? Do I just have to create a new user and export her old email to a PST file and import it back? Thanks In ADUC, click the Email Adresses tab and change the email address. The best way to rename the user name is to right click the user in ADUC and click "rename". That way you can change the First and Last Name, Display Name AND the user name. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d59201c439d8$d5d40e60$a301280a...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

How to send email with another return address.
I have a business email account at work: abcdef@work.com At home I have Outlook attached to my personal SBC Yahoo email acct: name@sbcglobal.net Is there a way I can send an email from Outlook at home and still show abcdef@work as the sender? My office IT dept won't give out the POP,.. so I can't attach it directly to Outlook at home. help appreciated Brian B. <bcbarsamian@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a business email account at work: > abcdef@work.com > > At home I have Outlook attached to my personal SBC Yahoo > email acct: > name@sbcglobal...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

Recurring split bills download wrong!
Money 2004: I have recurring bills with estimated amounts and splits. When I change the amount/splits and submit for payment, the check is being handled just fine through MSN Bill Pay. When I download the consummated transaction from Wells Fargo, however, Money is pulling in my ESTIMATED splits instead of my ACTUAL splits for that payment. Hence the splits never match the actual payment amount, and I get a warning. What a pain. This problem started when I switched from Wells Fargo bill pay to MSN. As I see it, though, it's Money's job to keep track of the splits internally, t...

Add Customer Email Address to Address or Customer Maintenance
Please, please please move the email address to the main address maintenance screen and maybe even the Customer maintenance screen. Email is a fact of life in business now and I'm tired of having to customize every version of Great Plains to move this field to these screens. Also, not having the email address on these main screens means that third-party soluions don't integrate with the email address. Even the CRM integration left it out. There doesn't seem to be any reason not to store it in the RM00102 and RM00101 tables. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for ...

White list a single email address?
Ive asked this before and am not clear on whether or not one can white list, or where, a single email address, like "jblick@canada.com", or "jules@gmail.com"? This is an Exchange server 2003 SP2 - it has IMF running, and there are RBL's setup in filtering. So I'm wondering if it's only a domain, or if one can get granular enough that a "someone@domain.com" can be whitelisted? If so, where/how to set the this up? Thanks in advance - Dodge On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:31:27 -0800, Dodge <Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ive asked this b...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
The application I'm modifying is a fairly standard example of an MFC MDI app. There are several CToolBars created in MainFrm.cpp. The code to respond to the buttons on these toolbars is in the View.cpp file. One of these toolbars I modified to contain a slider. I derived a new class, CViewToolBar, from CToolBar and modified it to have a slider. I'm having problems with two major things: the correct way to include the new class information so that MainFrm knows about it to create the new toolbar, and how to get the view to respond to WM_HSCROLL messages from the slider. I had ...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

CRM for Outlook and multiple address books
I've been through what I believe is all of the MS CRM documentation and I have not yet found anything that addresses the issue of their being 3 address books in outlook when you use the CRM integration. Here's what I mean. Outlook has a local address book. Connecting Outlook to exchange gives you access to the Global Address book. Then by using CRM you get the CRM contact list. This is very confusing for my users and I wonder if there is a best practices document on this subject. -Jason ...

Address Book Question Please
Outlook 2003 When I bring up my address book all people with fax numbers in my contact list are listed even if they have no email address. If they have both an email & fax number they are listed twice, once for each. How do I straighten this out, there are not too many fax machines that I want to send an email to. Thanks in advance... Bob Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since = there are many client- and server-based components that can use such = addresses.=20 One method to hide fax numbers from the address book is to prefix the = fax number with on...

invalid from address
Any external mail sent with invalid from address (eg. blank from address or email address not available in Active directory) are not going out through the smtp connector. Instead it is getting routed back to the internal exchange 5.5 server and being NDR'ed. Any help in this regard. Regards GP In news:erdWgmjgFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, GP <vguru@yahoo.com> typed: > Any external mail sent with invalid from address (eg. blank from > address or email address not available in Active directory) are not > going out through the smtp connector. Instead it is getting ...

Adding another SMTP address to the Recipient Policies
Is this possible? Currently, we are using Exchange 2003 SP1 and the Recipient Policies automatically adds the e-mail addresses for the SMTP based on First Initial Last Name@domain.com. This works very well and we don't want to remove it; however we would like to add an additional e-mail address that the Recipient Policies would push out to new and exisiting users would be based on First Name.Last Name@domain.com. If this is possible, how do I determine which one is the default (I don't want to change the current setup so First Initial Last Name@domain.com should remain the def...

Problems propagating user name changes to the global address list
May I start by saying that I do not in any way profess to be an Exchange administrator, I'm just trying to resolve this one (simple?) problem. To summarise, I am working with a small network (about 10 clients) with a Small Business Server 2003 server. All users have already been created and have their own email set-up which they access on their workstation via Outlook. All fairly standard stuff. During the set-up (some time ago!) one user's first name was spelt incorrectly. This has become more than a little niggling to said user and so I've been asked to correct it. No...

Contact data is in wrong field
Hi all - I need some help with a complicated problem. I am working on a PST file that was recovered from some old data. Unfortunately, the recovery put contact data in the wrong places. Here are a few examples: 1. Contact street address and city shows up in the "Follup up flag" field 2. Contact "Email display as" contains the display as information with the email address, but the email address field is empty 3. Many duplicates of data with slightly different information (Same contact might have 3 copies, one with a missing telephone number, another with a missing emai...

transactions to read (wrong #)
I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any ideas? -- Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike Brearley wrote: >I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting >transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any >ideas? Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box....

Time wrong in meeting requests
We have Exchange 2000 and the following issue. When some (not all) users send a meeting request they are, in effect, one hour behind other Exchange users. For example User A sends a meeting request for 1pm - 2pm to User B. For User B the meeting shows up as 2pm - 3pm. Inversely, if User B sends a meeting request to User A for 4pm - 5pm it shows up as 3pm - 4pm for User A This starting happening on Friday (before daylight savings time for the first user to report it). The time is correct on the systems in question. The time is correct on the Exchange Server I don't have a clue so any cons...