Writing a script -- to launch program from Outlook and paste phone number into it

Hi,

I know Visual Basic and VBScript.  However, I am wondering how to write
an Outlook VBScript that will launch a program from Outlook (from a
selected Contact) and then automatically paste phone number into it
using simulated copy & paste.   Does the commands exist in VBScript in
order to be able to do such an operation?

I am hoping that this is the right forum to ask this question; but if
not, then please let me know.

Thanks!
Mark Rejhon

0
mark05 (1)

How I can lunch executable program from my application
How I can lunch executable program from my application example 1) run something exe -arg1 2) send more argument to same program Thanks, Take a look at the following API's ShellExecute[Ex]() CreateProcess() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "mp" <plamir@volja.net> wrote in message news:uv#9oeWdDHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How I can lunch executable program from my application > > example > > 1) run something exe -arg1 > 2) send more argument to same program > > Thanks, > > ...

Unexpected Outlook NormalEmail.dotm behavior
With Outlook 2007 closed, delete NormalEmail.dotm. Then open Outlook and close it so that it will create a new NormalEmail.dotm. Open NormalEmail.dotm to edit it, and change to format of style Heading1 to have a bullet. Save, exit, open outlook, open new message. The bullet doesn't appear as part of Heading1. If you try changing NormalEmail.dotm to include other types of formatting (bold, space before, etc), it will work fine, showing that it is possible to format default emails. It's just not possible to format them with bullets (or multi-level lists). Does anyone have more luck ...

Outlook 2003 #246
Hi, I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 Pro with Outlook 2003, For some reason I cannot send a e-mail to another person or company, Can you help me plz? Thanks...........Glenn What happens when you try? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a5701c4a89e$4251c210$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 Pro with > Outlook 200...

Help: Working PGP for Outlook 2007??
I'm having trouble getting PGP working with Outlook 2007: PGP Desktop 9.62 trial - does not decrypt earlier emails sent with GnuPG (converted from Thunderbird mailbox) even when pubring/secring are properly installed - Very expensive (USD 188) for just email pgp, imho - works as proxy - not as a plugin (my preference is plug-in for full offline/existing encrypted mails support) G-Data Oulook plugin for GnuPG - Can't get it to work at all with Outlook 2007 & GnuPG (hooks into Outlook 2007, but can't get it to handle key management and can't get it to decrypt/encrypt) ...

How do I set up a copy and paste formula with ascending columns
I am pulling info from one sheet to another. I need to copy a formula going vertically down, but I need the column designator to ascend and not the row. Hi Ken One way Supposing you have data in cells A1:E1 on Sheet2 and you want to copy the data to cells A1:A5 of Sheet1 In cell A1 of Sheet1 =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,ROW(1:1)-1) and copy down. -- Regards Roger Govier "Ken Proj mgr" <KenProjmgr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8423001D-2C02-4BD7-86E7-27B874A864E7@microsoft.com... >I am pulling info from one sheet to another. I need to copy a formula ...

Outlook Express #276
I was told that I could import .dbx files by deleting the foldox.dbx file and placing the extra dbx files in the source folder as long as they did not have the same name. I did this and all my dbx files were included, which was great. However files such as Inbox1.dbx were not included so I changed them to Fred.dbx etc but they were still left out. Is this becuase Outless Express knows these files are special? How can I find a way of fooling OE into inclunding them so I bring in my history? Andrew Davis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was told that I co...

Send Page By E-Mail (Office/Outlook 2003 AND IE) HELP
Hi, I am having a problem with the "send page by e-mail" feature in the ms word add-on/plugin. I navigate to a page the refers me to a word document http://some/some.doc when I request this document it loads it into IE and then I want to send it as an attachment in an email by choosing "send page by email"; The version of outlook 2003 attaches the document as html not .doc. This is only happening on outlook 2003. In the older version of outlook the word document is attached to the email correctly. In outlook 2003 it attached the document as .html and it is un-readable. ...

Can't launch Microsfot Outlook
After my grandson cycled the computer on and off without proper procedures, I can no longer access Outlook. The window title for the error message reads "CiceroUIWndFrame: Outlook.exe entry point not found." The error messge reads: "Procedure entry point GetIUMS not located in DLL Library." Do I have to reload OUtlook in whole or in part, and wehre can I find instructions to do that? burt tregub wrote: > After my grandson cycled the computer on and off without > proper procedures, I can no longer access Outlook. The > window title for the error message ...

How do I correct erros from another program?
Hello. I'm creating a querie from another program. It register the time of each employee get in and get out of work. But the machine that read cards and register have problems, well it's not it's fault it'as just the way that it's programed. The problem is that sometimes the program reads twice the card and looks like an employee enter and out at the same time. it can happens, but mostly is the program that does that. So what I want is to eliminate those record even if some good register/recodset must be lost. So I have this querie that returns this data: ----...

Outlook 2007 Calendar: Private by default
I ran into a scenario where a user was running Outlook 2007, and needed every appointment to be marked as Private by default. Because the form differs so much between Outlook 2003 and 2007, Microsoft's published instructions (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011456981033.aspx) do not apply at all to Outlook 2007. I had to figure this out on my own. Here is the procedure in case anyone out there needs this functionality: Outlook 2007: 1) Tools >> Forms >> Design A Form 2) Select Appointment, click Open 3) When the Form Designer comes up, look in the (All Fields...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

wrong received times in outlook
I have two systems running Outlook 2002 that will show a received time two hours prior to the time that the messages was actually received. An email is received at say 10:30 am and it will show a received time of 8:30 am in the outlook window. There is only one time zone set up by default when the software was installed. Any fixes? ...

How to link Excel deadline dates to Outlook?
Need to link dates to Outlook users in either email or tasks, for purpose of task reminders and to track completion of task. ...

Contacts in outlook...
I had to wipe out & re-install everything on Dad's computer. When creating a new email & I hit the "To" button, the contacts aren't showing up. How do I fix this? Thanks- 1. Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book, right click the folder choose Properties and Outlook Address Book ensure checkbox to enable as email address book is checked; if this is dimmed or greyed then go on to No.2 2. Go to Tools > Email Accounts > check "View or change existing directories or address books" > is the Outlook Address Book prese...

Outlook Send/Receive problems when separating imap.pst from default location
We are having a problem when using Outlook 2002 upgraded from 2000. Using IMAP as the only mail account the Send/Receive button no longer works (for some users - not all users). I know all about the default local folder (Outlook Today) Inbox issues having to be the default but this one is that it won't automatically check for message and the Send/Receive button doesn't work when splitting out the email.pst file (again this only affects some users). This happens when we separate out the email.pst file from the default Documents and Settings folder. We didn't want all the cached ...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Customize Outlook Today is not working
Outlook 2000 SR-1 When click on the "Customize Outlook Today..." is does nothing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005e01c3d46b$44268470$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2000 SR-1 > > When click on the "Customize Outlook Today..." is does > nothing. Any help is appreciated. > > Thank you, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<005e01c3d46b$442...

Windows server 2008, how to add programs to 'All programs'
Our windows 2008 servers have software that does not show up under 'All programs' for all users. The only users who ever access the servers directly are the administrators, but not all the applications that are installed on the server are showing up in the menu. I know where to put things in Windows XP, 2000, 2003, but I have no idea where the shortcuts are kept in windows server 2008. Anyone know where I can find these things to ensure that they are in all the admins accounts? "Roger" <rogerdev@vnet.on.ca> wrote in message news:uCBCQPE%23KHA.456...

Outlook 2000: forcing to edit within Outlook
G'day everyone I have elected not to use MS Word as my editor in MS Outlook 2000. Most messages which I reveice, I can edit within the message. But there are a few messages (all of them in HTML format) which refuses me to edit them in the message itself. When I choose "Edit message" from the file menu, Outlook automatically opens MS Word with the message in it. How can I force Outlook not to use MS Word for the message editor? Thanks Samuel I have verified this problem, no fix yet. I have tried the settings in Internet Explorer - Options menu for "HTML editor:", a...

exchange scripts #2
Would like answers to the following: 1) Is there a tool for recovering a .pst file even if it has been passworded 2) Is there a script that i can use to configure a user's outlook immediately the user's log on, instead of going to each client system to configure it 3) How to customize the display name of users using outlook in Active directory so that it would be a combination of first letter of first name plus the surname 4) While creating users using Active directory i want a situation that by the time i press the tab key to go to the full name and user log on name attributes i...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Outlook 2003 Errors sending emails
I am getting error message when sending emails. This happans since I have installed the new outlook 2003. I am getting the following error message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'pdegeus@mns.com' on 22-Dec-03 9:44 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Any idea what this is Maybe check spelling MSN instead of MNS? "pdegeus@msn.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<056901c3c8ff$d83455b0$a101280a@phx.gbl>... > I am getting error message when sending emai...

INserting Word Docs into E mail Outlook 2007
Want to be able to ijsert a formatted Word into the body of an E mail. ...

Outlook hanging on ADSL
We are experiencing this issue at work. Just to give you an overview of the setup we have; we connect to an exchange server using outlook as the email client, to connect to the corporate network we are using ADSL and going through the Nortel VPN client. Anyone got any ideas why this may be occurring, settings to check etc? More info on your network might help. You're in a remote office, using VPN to connect to the main office where the Exchange server lives? Any reason you can't just set up a VPN WAN link between the two networks rather than using individual client software (whi...

Outlook/Exchange sync issues
When implementing CRM 3.0 we discovered a potential problem with sync issues where the users Outlook is trying to retreive appointment he/she is not a member of. This results in aprox 3 error per minute/user in Sync Issues and Local Failures folders in Outlook. (it has nothing to do with syncronizing of CRM data) Microsoft provided a hotfix KB933099, for this and the problem was gone. Now when having upgraded to CRM 4.0, we have exactly the same situation again. 2-3000 errors per user a day!!! With exactly the same issue. Doesn't MS correct discovered bugs in older products when de...