Write access to a LDAP server.

Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server?

The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't.

Any plugins that can do this?

Thanks.

Derek

0
chinalamb (27)

Beter WEB Access Login page like OWA
Is there a third party add-on or a option from Microsoft to add a better web access login page like Exchange OWA has? I want to publish this via the internet for remote sales users, but wont do this until I can secure it via SSL. I am working right now on a SSL certificate for this process but would rather use a process like Forms Authentication in OWA. Any ideas? ...

multiple OWA web sites on single server?
Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to have multiple OWA web sites on a single server. Reason I need to know is that we would like to use RSA's securid for OWA but not everyone that uses OWA will be using securid. So I would like to have 2 OWA websites, one using securid and the other not. We are using Exchange 2003 server. Thanks! FC You can have 2 web sites on the same server by 1) using the same ip address but different ports 2) using different ip address and default ports (http 80 or https 443) or 3) same ip address and ports, but using different fqdns as host...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Removing old Exchange 2003 server from organization
Does someone have a link to information for removing an old (non- existent) Exchange 2003 server from a multi-exchange server organization and out of Active Directory entirely? The server was formatted before uninstalling Exchange and now there are old remnants of that server hanging around AD and Exchange. Thanks for your help! Mick Bergman If you're positive the server's been removed/formatted/redeployed, fire up ADSIEdit.msc and delete the Exchange server object from CN=Configuration,CN=Services,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=YourOrgName,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=YourAdminGroupN...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Access 2007 Runtime on Machine With Older Version?
A client of mine likes some of the new bells and whistles in Access 2007, and is thinking about converting our A03 format MDB to an A07 format file. However, while some of the users have A07, many do not, and it's not clear when they would get it. His thought was to use the upcoming Access 2007 runtime to allow the users who are still running Office 2003 to be able to run the database. While I use multiple versions of Access on my development machine, I advised him against this, as I recall from years ago with the Access 97 runtime that it caused problems when run on a machine that...

Retrieve data from Access
I have a requirement to import data from MSAccess to Excel. I have done this using VB. The problem is that I use a button on the spreadsheet to run the macro. I want to run the macro after I enter data in a cell and press the enter key. Can this be done and how. Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ try using the SelectionChange event for the relevant worksheet. Call the macro through here, instead of with the button OnClick event. Edwar...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

Excel cannot access..
Hi Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document may be read-only or encrypted. Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name"..... i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file. I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ...

Microsoft Word / Access
How do I convert a document in Microsoft Word into Access? Basically, I created a contract in Microsoft Word, but I will eventually have to use it for different people and different dates. I think having it in Access will make my work a lot easier, but I do not know where to start Create a report for the contract. The data to fill the contract report will be in an Access table or query. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4113CD7-EC41-45A9-A2...

missing server and mailbox store
Hi, I recently installed exchange 2003 and there are no tabs for the server and mailbox stores. Is this a permission problem? Where are you expecting 'tabs'? William G. Orme wrote: > Hi, > > I recently installed exchange 2003 and there are no tabs for the server and > mailbox stores. Is this a permission problem? > > "William Lefkovics [MVP]" <william@spamsux.techsanctuary.org> wrote in message news:ePkOfm4dEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Where are you expecting 'tabs'? > > William > > > > G. Orme wrote: >...

Linking to Access table
Hi. Similar to a poster earlier today, I'm creating a Pivot Table based on data in an Access database. When I link to my database, in the Select Table dialog box I see my tables and one query, but not the other query which is the one I want to link to. What would cause one query to be available but not the other? The unavailable one is based on the other one, though I wouldn't think that would make a difference. Any ideas? BTW, this happens in both Excel/Access 2002 and Excel/Access 2007. Thanks for any help. ...

Terminal Server Hardware
I am looking for specific hardware configuration for setting up a Terminal server for approximately 35 users in MBS. RAM, Processor, etc. I haven't been able to find anything specifin in Customersource. thanks! -- Doug Hi Do you want the users to use Office as well on the TS server? What modules are you using for Great Plains ? You may be better off with Citrix using 2 smaller servers in a server farm (for application and performance load balancing). -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.co...

New hotmail account access
I recently created a new account for a friend and I haven't been able to access it. The account has definately been set-up as I tried to register it again and was informed that the account name was already being used. When registering on hotmail I set-up a question to reset the password instead of using an alternate email address but the question does not match the one I selected when I go through the reset password process. I tried putting the xorrect answer in anyway but it still doesn't work. The address in question is perfect for my friend but she has no way of ac...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Address Issue
Dear Al Mulnick, Thank you very much for your quick response, but other than BCC is there any third party tool or any patch available ? Best Regards Anver >-----Original Message----- >There's nothing to solve. Sending a message to an external user via SMTP >requires (IIRC, it's really a best practice and not a requirement but that's >neither here nor there apparently) that all addresses on the To and CC lines >have a SMTP address. Sounds like your mailer is making one up if the >recipient of the CC line doesn't have a SMTP address already assigned....

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

How to create an access database programatically in C#
I have created access databases in VB6, but now I am working in C#. I am trying to create a Microsoft Access Database programatically in C#, but can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone give me any pointers? You'll probably have more luck asking in a C# newsgroup. Most of us here work from within Access, not from outside it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Brian Kitt" <BrianKitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A1AD65-1C1D-4000-83F1-17FD907027EB@microsoft.com... >I have created access d...

Access 2007 UI QAT
I'm trying to control the order (left to right) of the buttons on my QAT. Interestingly, they do not appear in the order of the XML commands. Any Suggestions? Thanks, Fred Here's my code in USysRibbons: <mso:customUI xmlns:mso="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> <mso:ribbon startFromScratch="true" > <mso:qat> <mso:sharedControls> <mso:control idQ="mso:FilePrintPreview" visible="true"/> <mso:control idQ="mso:PrintPreviewClose" visible="true"/> ...

How to import ole fields to a SQL Server db
Hi, I have an access db. In a table I have an ole field where I have lots of Word Docs stored. I need to pass all the Access database data to a new SQL Server database, but I have a problem, the word docs... It seems that Access put an header to the docs stored in its ole field, but I can't find it. Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance Roberto Cerulli Hi Roberto, Yes, documents stored in an Access OLE field don't consist just of the contents of the file but also include a wrapper with information about the parent application of the document and usually a preview image. I don...

outlook 2007 automation from Access
I have mulitple office versions installed (Access 97, 2000, 2003, Office 2003, Office 2007) Unitl recently automation to Outlook from Access worked (in Access 2003) However something (update, installation of visio, project 2003,...?????) created an issue. Any of my code trying to create the outlook object gives the following kind of error: "automation error, the specified module could not be found" The reference is set to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSOUTL.OLB", this file is still there? Is there any way to register this file again or to solve it otherwi...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

Access a secure folder on a server
My Access 2000 application needs to be the only way to access a secure folder on a server. It needs to do this while being run from a server by multiple computers. I've tried programmatically logging on the netword as the only user allowed access to the folder but the user using the application is already logged on and each computer is only allowed one log on at a time. Can anyone offer a suggestion & maybe some code examples. I'm getting outside my experience with this. I have done this using the RunAs command, but the commands can become quite tricky (see ex...