Working with outlook in offline mode

I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am
offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network
the emails move to the sent items, however the intended
reciepents does not recieve the emails. Can anyone help
0
dsg001 (1)

I presume you're using Exchange - what do you have in tools | services? Are
the items showing up in your outbox when you hit send while offline?

DSG wrote:
> I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am
> offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network
> the emails move to the sent items, however the intended
> reciepents does not recieve the emails. Can anyone help

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2007 bogus "there are no items to show in this view" displays
We have multiple Outlook 2007 users who are getting Outlook explorer view windows displaying "there are no items to show in this view" after deleting multiple items in the view. Once you click away or do something else, the view refreshes and the items that haven't been deleted display again, but it is VERY annoying. Anyone heard of a fix? And this is after installing SP1. I'm not aware of a fix, other than F5. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007...

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Outlook send problem
Outlook 2002, Win 2000. Suddenly, my Outlook will not send any messages. I deleted my email account & set it up again. When I hit "test account settings" it does everything correctly and sends the test message successfully. But then I go in and send a message and it sits in the outbox, then returns a message that it has timed out waiting for a response from the smtp server. Any ideas? Thanks so much. Hi Loy, maybe in this two articles is your answer http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836562 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302357 "Loy Mil...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

step by step set up for outlook 2002- new address
Subject: From: "junne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 10/16/2003 9:48:34 PM HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! i have been trying to set up my outlook so i can get hotmail and my other email at seattleschools.org on outlook but it won't work!!!! how/where can i get step-by-step intsructions???? for someone who is not very computer savvy... thanks a million! if the help files aren't enough help, buy a beginner's book. Many schools and ISPs have web pages with step by step instructions and pictures of every screen - if yours doesn't you can sear...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

Running VBA Macros in Outlook 2003
I have an application which runs perfectly in my (single user) Outlook 2003. I run a macro which copies all the attacments and the body of the email to a disc folder. At the client's networked workstations, I get a message that macros won't run (in Outlook 2003). I've looked at the Microsoft's explanations - phew!!! I guess that there is some sort of system ban. Can anyone suggest how I might approach the System Admin. to allow this single macro to run on some of the network workstations? I've seen something about "signatures"? Is this a way of getting round ...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

MS Outlook automatic mails with attachments
Hey folks, So my company does weekly reporting (or is supposed too) via emailing in an excel spreadsheet. of course, reps tend to forget come friday or saturday night, and we end up calling around monday for reports. is there someway to schedule an email to automatially send AND to attach a file from the local hard drive? Then we only have to worry about them shutting down outlook... I've seen a couple add on programs that will do that, but I figure there must be a way to do it without purchasing one of these programs / installing it on all workstations... Thanks in advance... http...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook bug with attached message
I have recently tripped over a bug in outlook 2003 sp1. Here is how I duplicate the issue. a) Creat a new task item. b) drag and drop an email message into the task note area c) left click, hold and drag the message, and then release mouse button. d) now the attached message appears like an image with the small black square handles in corners and on sides. At this point, I can no longer double click, or right click to open the attached message. Once this occurs, the message I dropped into the task is no longer available. It seems that the link to the message gets destroyed and now...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Outlook 2003 Addressees
Sometimes in my new Outlook 2003 there will be an apostrophe before and after email address. This occurs on incoming messages and messages I originate. I have checked my address book and can find nothing different between those entries that end up with the apostrophes and those that don't. I don't have the apostrophes in any of me address book/contacts entries. Any ideas? Thanks, Dennis ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Spell check not working.

Customize Outlook Today #25
Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not correct the problem. I'm experiencing the same problem. >-----Original Message----- >Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. >I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not >correct the problem. >. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820...

Outlook 2000 error message #6
I've just sent an email to someone and received the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject: CEG-XXXXX Sent: 2/20/2004 11:13 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'PXXXXX' on 2/20/2004 11:13 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. I'm usign outlook 2000 and poping (POP3) my emails. Any idea what is causing this? Thanks in advance. Denise ...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Error Message at closing Outlook
Here is my other question. I have a problem when I close Outlook - I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" - this is after I have closed it. I do have Incredimail for Outlook (not to be confused with the one for Outlook Express) so that may have something to do with it but I'd like to know what the problem is - I really don't want to get rid of Incredimail as I do use that for personal stuff. Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance, Janet Sydney, Australia Did you disable incredimail to se...

Incorrect Field Mapping CRM contact to Outlook
When I sync CRM to Outlook, several fields are not mapping across frm CRM to the correct outlook fields so for example in CRM I have Name field and Salutation as two seperate fields, in outlook it appears as Dear James, James Fiennes This is obviously rather dull! Has anyone any ideas how I can find a mappping table or similar to fix this. Many thanks James Dear James, James (sorry, couldn't resist) This post will show you the current mappings http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/07/03/655714.aspx Not sure if you can change the field mappings or not, but if you know what...