Word/Outlook 2003 error "Unable to obtain list of tables"

When attempting a mail merge from WORD 2003 I get the
error message "Unable to obtain list of tables from the
data source."

The only "FIX" found on Microsoft was for Outlook 2002
and it DOES NOT work for Outlook 2003.

Dell Tech support has no clue either.
0
anonymous (74722)

You sure didn't tell us much.
What "fix" did you try that didn't work?
How is your default Outlook profile and the Outlook Address Book configured?
What are your default messaging and addressing programs?
What steps are you using in the merge?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Roger S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When attempting a mail merge from WORD 2003 I get the
> error message "Unable to obtain list of tables from the
> data source."
>
> The only "FIX" found on Microsoft was for Outlook 2002
> and it DOES NOT work for Outlook 2003.
>
> Dell Tech support has no clue either.

0
russval (3097)

Word/Outlook 2003 error "Unable to obtain list of tables"
When attempting a mail merge from WORD 2003 I get the error message "Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source." The only "FIX" found on Microsoft was for Outlook 2002 and it DOES NOT work for Outlook 2003. Dell Tech support has no clue either. You sure didn't tell us much. What "fix" did you try that didn't work? How is your default Outlook profile and the Outlook Address Book configured? What are your default messaging and addressing programs? What steps are you using in the merge? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roger S" &l...