Word 2000 SP-3 Address Lookup Crashes with Outlook 2003

Please can anyone help in this problem that is consistently reproducible on
different machines.

Windows 2000 SP3

Word 2000 SP3

Outlook 2003 SP1

Single Outlook profile (set as default profile) which has a single user
mailbox that connects to an Exchange 2003 SP1 Server.

Outlook address book with the option set in the e-mail profile to show as
last name then first name = 'File As (Smith, John)'

The Outlook address book is set as default.

Create an address entry in the address book. Close Outlook.

Go to word and open  the 'Envelopes and Labels' component. Click the address
book icon and watch work Crash.

Now if the address book profile is set to show as 'first name then last name'
instead of 'last name then first name' there is no problem.

Please can anyone offer a solution?

This client is a law firm and just invested in license for Outlook 2003 and
Exchange 2003. Least to say they are not happy as they refer all client by
last name.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Richard Burnett

Director

Clarity Forms Co., Ltd.

11/14 Soi Ruam Rudee,

Wireless Road

Bangkok, 10330

t : +66 (0) 2 689 6315-6

f : +66 (0) 2 689 6317

m : +66 (0) 6806 4004

e : richard_AT_clarityforms.com

w : www.clarityforms.com

0
rich4444 (3)

Apparently you are not aware that Outlook and Word versions must match.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message

> Please can anyone help in this problem that is consistently reproducible
> on different machines.
>

> Windows 2000 SP3
>
> Word 2000 SP3
>
> Outlook 2003 SP1
>

> Single Outlook profile (set as default profile) which has a single user
> mailbox that connects to an Exchange 2003 SP1 Server.
>

> Outlook address book with the option set in the e-mail profile to show as
> last name then first name = 'File As (Smith, John)'
>

> The Outlook address book is set as default.
>

> Create an address entry in the address book. Close Outlook.
>

> Go to word and open  the 'Envelopes and Labels' component. Click the
> address book icon and watch work Crash.
>

> Now if the address book profile is set to show as 'first name then last
> name' instead of 'last name then first name' there is no problem.
>

> Please can anyone offer a solution?
>

> This client is a law firm and just invested in license for Outlook 2003
> and Exchange 2003. Least to say they are not happy as they refer all
> client by last name.
>

> Thanks in Advance for any help.
>

> Richard Burnett
>
> Director
>

> Clarity Forms Co., Ltd.
>
> 11/14 Soi Ruam Rudee,
>
> Wireless Road
>
> Bangkok, 10330
>
> t : +66 (0) 2 689 6315-6
>
> f : +66 (0) 2 689 6317
>
> m : +66 (0) 6806 4004
>
> e : richard_AT_clarityforms.com
>
> w : www.clarityforms.com

0
russval (3097)
1/19/2005 10:54:50 PM
No.
--
> Can you point me to some reference to this so I can show this company?
>
> I'm confused that it works perfectly if the address book name order is
> 'first name, last name' but Word crashes if the address book name order is
> 'last name, first name'.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Richard
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Apparently you are not aware that Outlook and Word versions must match.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Please can anyone help in this problem that is consistently reproducible
>>> on different machines.
>>>

>>> Windows 2000 SP3
>>>
>>> Word 2000 SP3
>>>
>>> Outlook 2003 SP1
>>>

>>> Single Outlook profile (set as default profile) which has a single user
>>> mailbox that connects to an Exchange 2003 SP1 Server.
>>>

>>> Outlook address book with the option set in the e-mail profile to show
>>> as last name then first name = 'File As (Smith, John)'
>>>

>>> The Outlook address book is set as default.
>>>

>>> Create an address entry in the address book. Close Outlook.
>>>

>>> Go to word and open  the 'Envelopes and Labels' component. Click the
>>> address book icon and watch work Crash.
>>>

>>> Now if the address book profile is set to show as 'first name then last
>>> name' instead of 'last name then first name' there is no problem.
>>>

>>> Please can anyone offer a solution?
>>>

>>> This client is a law firm and just invested in license for Outlook 2003
>>> and Exchange 2003. Least to say they are not happy as they refer all
>>> client by last name.
>>>

>>> Thanks in Advance for any help.
>>>

>>> Richard Burnett
>>>
>>> Director
>>>

>>> Clarity Forms Co., Ltd.
>>>
>>> 11/14 Soi Ruam Rudee,
>>>
>>> Wireless Road
>>>
>>> Bangkok, 10330
>>>
>>> t : +66 (0) 2 689 6315-6
>>>
>>> f : +66 (0) 2 689 6317
>>>
>>> m : +66 (0) 6806 4004
>>>
>>> e : richard_AT_clarityforms.com
>>>
>>> w : www.clarityforms.com

0
russval (3097)
1/20/2005 3:03:01 AM
I don't think Microsoft has bothered to document it since it is common
knowledge.
A quick search of this group will return thousands of posts that document
that versions of Outlook and Word must match for their integration features
to function.
I doubt anyone here can repro your steps since none of us would have
incompatible versions installed.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message
> Can you point me to some reference to this so I can show this company?
>
> I'm confused that it works perfectly if the address book name order is
> 'first name, last name' but Word crashes if the address book name order is
> 'last name, first name'.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Richard
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Apparently you are not aware that Outlook and Word versions must match.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Please can anyone help in this problem that is consistently reproducible
>>> on different machines.
>>>

>>> Windows 2000 SP3
>>>
>>> Word 2000 SP3
>>>
>>> Outlook 2003 SP1
>>>

>>> Single Outlook profile (set as default profile) which has a single user
>>> mailbox that connects to an Exchange 2003 SP1 Server.
>>>

>>> Outlook address book with the option set in the e-mail profile to show
>>> as last name then first name = 'File As (Smith, John)'
>>>

>>> The Outlook address book is set as default.
>>>

>>> Create an address entry in the address book. Close Outlook.
>>>

>>> Go to word and open  the 'Envelopes and Labels' component. Click the
>>> address book icon and watch work Crash.
>>>

>>> Now if the address book profile is set to show as 'first name then last
>>> name' instead of 'last name then first name' there is no problem.
>>>

>>> Please can anyone offer a solution?
>>>

>>> This client is a law firm and just invested in license for Outlook 2003
>>> and Exchange 2003. Least to say they are not happy as they refer all
>>> client by last name.
>>>

>>> Thanks in Advance for any help.
>>>

>>> Richard Burnett
>>>
>>> Director
>>>

>>> Clarity Forms Co., Ltd.
>>>
>>> 11/14 Soi Ruam Rudee,
>>>
>>> Wireless Road
>>>
>>> Bangkok, 10330
>>>
>>> t : +66 (0) 2 689 6315-6
>>>
>>> f : +66 (0) 2 689 6317
>>>
>>> m : +66 (0) 6806 4004
>>>
>>> e : richard_AT_clarityforms.com
>>>
>>> w : www.clarityforms.com

0
russval (3097)
1/22/2005 10:52:29 AM
Hi Russ and the group,

I've recreated the problem in a complete fresh install. Don't even need the
exchange server. Just Word 2000 SP3 and Outlook 2003 (/SP1 optional)...
Fails every time if address book name order is last then first.

A bug in the product. What's the next step? Can MS fix it or what do i tell
my client who needs this feature? you just need to spend $15,000 to upgrade
your MS Word.

Any thoughts anyone?

Richard

>I don't think Microsoft has bothered to document it since it is common
>knowledge.
> A quick search of this group will return thousands of posts that document
> that versions of Outlook and Word must match for their integration
> features to function.
> I doubt anyone here can repro your steps since none of us would have
> incompatible versions installed.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message
>> Can you point me to some reference to this so I can show this company?
>>
>> I'm confused that it works perfectly if the address book name order is
>> 'first name, last name' but Word crashes if the address book name order
>> is 'last name, first name'.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Apparently you are not aware that Outlook and Word versions must match.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message

0
rich4444 (3)
1/23/2005 3:59:53 PM
Who advised them to upgrade Outlook without upgrading Word?
I don't really have any way to troubleshoot this because I have no
mismatched versions and I doubt Microsoft will address it because they never
intended for users who rely on integration features to use mismatched
versions.
This is really an odd error that I've never seen before. Any details on the
crash?
--
> Hi Russ and the group,
>
> I've recreated the problem in a complete fresh install. Don't even need
> the
> exchange server. Just Word 2000 SP3 and Outlook 2003 (/SP1 optional)...
> Fails every time if address book name order is last then first.
>
> A bug in the product. What's the next step? Can MS fix it or what do i
> tell
> my client who needs this feature? you just need to spend $15,000 to
> upgrade
> your MS Word.
>
> Any thoughts anyone?
>
> Richard
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>I don't think Microsoft has bothered to document it since it is common
>>knowledge.
>> A quick search of this group will return thousands of posts that document
>> that versions of Outlook and Word must match for their integration
>> features to function.
>> I doubt anyone here can repro your steps since none of us would have
>> incompatible versions installed.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Can you point me to some reference to this so I can show this company?
>>>
>>> I'm confused that it works perfectly if the address book name order is
>>> 'first name, last name' but Word crashes if the address book name order
>>> is 'last name, first name'.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>

>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
russval (3097)
1/23/2005 4:29:08 PM
Hi Russ,

> Who advised them to upgrade Outlook without upgrading Word?

They invested in Exchange 2003 which came with Outlook 2003 so they wished
to upgrade their desktop version of this to get some of the new features.

> I don't really have any way to troubleshoot this because I have no
> mismatched versions and I doubt Microsoft will address it because they
> never intended for users who rely on integration features to use
> mismatched versions.

I've never read this in any of their product of sales literature. If they
don't state this clearly how is one meant to know?

> This is really an odd error that I've never seen before. Any details on
> the crash?

I agree it's an odd error. Word just disappears. bombs out with no
indication of specific error location.

Thank you,

Richard

> Who advised them to upgrade Outlook without upgrading Word?
> I don't really have any way to troubleshoot this because I have no
> mismatched versions and I doubt Microsoft will address it because they
> never intended for users who rely on integration features to use
> mismatched versions.
> This is really an odd error that I've never seen before. Any details on
> the crash?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Russ and the group,
>>
>> I've recreated the problem in a complete fresh install. Don't even need
>> the
>> exchange server. Just Word 2000 SP3 and Outlook 2003 (/SP1 optional)...
>> Fails every time if address book name order is last then first.
>>
>> A bug in the product. What's the next step? Can MS fix it or what do i
>> tell
>> my client who needs this feature? you just need to spend $15,000 to
>> upgrade
>> your MS Word.
>>
>> Any thoughts anyone?
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>I don't think Microsoft has bothered to document it since it is common
>>>knowledge.
>>> A quick search of this group will return thousands of posts that
>>> document that versions of Outlook and Word must match for their
>>> integration features to function.
>>> I doubt anyone here can repro your steps since none of us would have
>>> incompatible versions installed.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message

0
rich4444 (3)
1/24/2005 9:36:42 AM
We have long maintained that Microsoft should provide clear warnings of what
features will be disabled by upgrading only Outlook without the rest of the
Office Suite.
Have you tried removing and then re-adding Word's address book?
--
> Hi Russ,
>
>> Who advised them to upgrade Outlook without upgrading Word?
>
> They invested in Exchange 2003 which came with Outlook 2003 so they wished
> to upgrade their desktop version of this to get some of the new features.
>
>> I don't really have any way to troubleshoot this because I have no
>> mismatched versions and I doubt Microsoft will address it because they
>> never intended for users who rely on integration features to use
>> mismatched versions.
>
> I've never read this in any of their product of sales literature. If they
> don't state this clearly how is one meant to know?
>
>> This is really an odd error that I've never seen before. Any details on
>> the crash?
>
> I agree it's an odd error. Word just disappears. bombs out with no
> indication of specific error location.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Richard
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Who advised them to upgrade Outlook without upgrading Word?
>> I don't really have any way to troubleshoot this because I have no
>> mismatched versions and I doubt Microsoft will address it because they
>> never intended for users who rely on integration features to use
>> mismatched versions.
>> This is really an odd error that I've never seen before. Any details on
>> the crash?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Rich B" <rich4444@barrysworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Russ and the group,
>>>
>>> I've recreated the problem in a complete fresh install. Don't even need
>>> the
>>> exchange server. Just Word 2000 SP3 and Outlook 2003 (/SP1 optional)...
>>> Fails every time if address book name order is last then first.
>>>
>>> A bug in the product. What's the next step? Can MS fix it or what do i
>>> tell
>>> my client who needs this feature? you just need to spend $15,000 to
>>> upgrade
>>> your MS Word.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts anyone?
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
russval (3097)

auto word select
Hi, i need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto select words so that i dont have to type the full word every time. I heard that i need incorporate a combo box. Thanks for your help ...

Customize Outlook Today...
After updating 3 users to Windows XP Service Pack 2, their "Customise Outlook Today" button no longer works. I have ran through the KB article 820575 and it did not make any difference Any ideas You can edit the registry to make changes to Outlook Today. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutio...

Template for Outlook/Word?
With Outlook 6.0 opening up a new message means Word (XP in my case) is my e-mail editor. That's fine. The problem is when it opens the style is not what I would like. In this case the font is defaulting to White. It also appears to have extra spacing specified for before each paragraph. I want to change some of these defaults. I would assume they are in some sort of a template, but I can't find any MS Word templates that are sit up this way. I did find a EMAIL template and Normal as well as a bunch more, some I made and sum fun ones, but they are all fine. Also Nor...

Outlook 2000 Freezes when trying to attach file
Once the Attach icon is clicked, the attachment window opens then freezes. The curser can still be moved but none ofthe buttons within the window work. You must End task to close the window. The machine is running 98SE with Outlook 2000. Server is 2003. Outlook will send and receive Emails with out the attachments. ...

Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In previous versions of Word for Mac one could read the cursor vertical height in the bottom horizontal window along with page number, spell check and other information. In Word 2008 the vertical indication has disappeared... or I cannot find how to make it appear. Could anyone help? Thanks a lot Sorry, but some fool apparently decided that the Status Bar would be more functional if it *didn't* display the STATUS of anything... I'm still looking to get the bugger by the throat :-) Please use Help> Send Feedb...

Word 2003 compatibility changes to Word 97
Work for a document services group using Word 2003. At times and more than we like, the normal.dot will change from 2003 to Word 97. We go in and fix it, but we were asked by some that we support the reason it keeps happening. Looking to see if anyone knew the specific cause and any information that can back it up. We need to show the company why. Word 97 and 2003 use the *same* file format? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com W...

Lookup value, but between dates
I am needing some help on this situation. I have the data structured in this way: A B C Res ID Cost Activity Date 1 1234 $20 1/1/2010 2 1234 $25 1/20/2010 3 7432 $15 2/2/2010 4 2574 $45 10/1/2009 5 7432 $65 1/2/2010 It shows by resource (Col A), Hourly Cost (Col B), and Activity date (Col C). Then I have a second sheet, with this format: A B C Res ID Cost Effective Date 1 1234 $15 12/30/2009 2 1234 $18 1/18/2010 3 7432 $12 1/31/2010 4 2574 $43 9/29/2009 5 7432 $67 12/31/2009 Same format, but it shows the standard cost. Effective Date represe...

converting excel docs to word docs
How do you convert an excel doc into a microsoft word doc? There is no conversion per se however you can open the excel file in word using file>open or you can copy and paste. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "rolercster" wrote: > How do you convert an excel doc into a microsoft word doc? rolercster wrote: > How do you convert an excel doc into a microsoft word doc? Um Excel uses *numbers*, and Word uses *words*. Why would you want to convert an Excel file to a Word document in the first place? ...

outlook 2003 send + receive
when sending and receiving in MS office outlook 2003 i press 'cancel all' and it doesnt cancel anything - the emails keep coming. does anyone know howstop this happening. thanks! "Cancell All" cancels the pending tasks and aborts the current task. Mails that are already received are still being processed. When your virusscanners scans the incoming mails there can be still a lot of mails in the "buffer". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Servi...

word nomber of pages
I have office 2003 sp3 and I used to open a doc and see at the bottom left the number of pages in the document. I don't see this anymore. I did a reset of toolbars but it does not work. Someone has an idea? thanks Daniel If I recall correctly: View - Status Bar -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Learner" <cdnhermit@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O2Lm2isaKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have office 2003 sp3 and I used to open a doc and see at the bottom left ...

How to make Outlook to remember the Email addresses of answered emails?
Dear friends: How to make Outlook to remember the Email addresses of the recipients of answered emails? I was able to do it in an Outlook I had in my previous Notebook for years, but I cannot recreate the same feature in my new Notebook. In my previous Notebook, all the recipient addresses of answered emails were automatically added to an "Answered" Contacts type folder. So, it was very easy to remember them for future emails. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! Hi Juan, this fun...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #2
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Outlook send error
One of my users cannot send email out. Outlook 2000, Exchng 2000. He gets "The operation failed", and then "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation...." This is intermittent, he can send to some but not all. Please help. Thanks. ...

Disaster Recovery Scenarios
Hello all - My boss wants to know how we can have Exchange 2003 (single server) back up within 24 hours after a hurricane and also without power. What are some ideas that I can give him that will allow this to happen? I uses Veritas Backup Exec with the Exchange Agent, and I run a normal backup weekly (I am using DLT tapes, and I'm backing up over 500 gigs of data so I only have time for 1 normal backup a week). Also, I use NT Backup on the Exchange server to backup the server to a NAS drive Tuesdays, Weds, and Thursdays. For instance, could I transfer an Exchange backup to an E...

words around a circle patch/ not w/o using word art
Hello, I want to put text around a circle. I want that text to follow the path of the circle. I don't want the text to increase in size. If I use word art, and create the circle text, the problem is the text increases, or decreases with the size of the text? Thanks, Bruce I have a tutorial of sorts showing how this can be done in Publisher. Scroll way down. http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message news:%23CSYOdtNKHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

excel LOOKUP( ) error
using the LOOKUP( ) and the formula works fine....except in the first row of data. the formula is there and the references are correct, it just refuses to return data help... -- apples ------------------------------------------------------------------------ apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15299 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=269227 Post the formula you are using along with some sample data. What result does your LOOKUP currently return? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson...

Purchasing Outlook
Does anyone know how I can purchase and download MS Outlook. I have the basic office suite but just want to add Outlook without having it shipped or having to go to the store, You can't download it. You'll need to purchase the software. "DFW" <DFW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84B34616-82B0-44AA-A779-98D45A8639E2@microsoft.com... : Does anyone know how I can purchase and download MS Outlook. I have the basic : office suite but just want to add Outlook without having it shipped or having : to go to the store, There isnt a 'ba...

Exchange 2003 - SchedulePlusFreeBusy Folder
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 SP1 (new server, no upgrades) and I am recieving the following messaage: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Date: 8/23/2004 Time: 2:01:07 AM User: N/A Computer: PG-ADR-EXCH-03 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine PG-ADR-EXCH-03. The error number is 0x80040115. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Paul. ...

VB Control Positioning in MS Word
Hello I have developed a control in VB 6 that works in MS Word. This control needs to appear next to my cursor position as I type. If I provide hard coded coordinates, I can manage the control position, but I need it to be dynamic, irrespective of the number of toolbars open in MS Word and MS Word's version. Thanks in advance for the help. Tahir ...

Advantages of Outlook 2002 over 2000
Im wanting to know what the advantages are of Outlook xp over Outlook 2000 as im wanting to upgrade to xp but am not sure how beneficial it really will be? Also what sort of hardware and software do i need to install Outlook xp? I would skip XP and go straight to 2003. The improvements in Outlook (spam filtering, search folders, favorites, etc.) are worth the price alone. For Office 2003, you will need Windows 2000 SP-4 or Windows XP (Pro or Home). It will not install on any 9x based machine, including Windows ME. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

Outlook 2000 -- Send, but can't receive
As a Comcast customer, i regularly send group e-mails to a list we maintain for anothe rorganization. Abide by the rules of Comcast and am listed as a bulk mailer to avoid their blocking my sends. However, in the past 2-3 months as the largest group is send will hit a point where I receive the following message: The message could not be sent because it rejected you as the sender. Server Response: ‘550 69.139.38.136 blocked by ldap:ou=rbl,dc=comcast,dc=net - > 550 Message sending error. Please go to http://faq/comcast.net/faq/answer.jsp?name=1786cat=Securitysubcategory=Spam )Account...

Word instance is not closed even after closing the word document
I'm opening and printing multiple Word documents from SAP application. Updation of the fields and printing is via the add-ins written in VB. In 2003, when we do this for multiple documents, document gets opened and then printed. Second document uses the existing instance and then prints. But in 2007, when we are doing for multiple documents, though first document is opened, printed and closed, when second document is opened it shows the instance/ document as Document2, prints and closes it. No instance of word is opened. When third document is opened it shows as 'Dcouem...

Outlook.exe error message #2
Help. My Dell laptop is running W2k and O2k. I used outlook last week, all ok. Fired up on sunday evening and as the app opens I get 'OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.'. I can't find the error log being created. I am connecting to a MS Exchange server. I deleted the profile and then uninstalled o2k, rebooted and stripped out all office/outlook sections from registry. Rebooted. Reinstalled O2k. Created a neww profile with no personal folders, just the pst on the exchange serve...

Outlook 2007 Configuration issue
Hi all, Here I have exchange server 2007 in the local configuration its working fine. I have two systems which i have configured with outlook 2007 with POP3 to my exchange server these two systems aslo working fine. these two systems are not at all in domain and the configuration is POP3:mail.domian.com SMTP:mail.domain.com and i checked that option "Leave a copy of message in Server" Now I am going to change those two systems, for that i have taken the backup and i am trying to configure the same account in the new system then its downloading all the mails fr...

Printing the file path name is Excel 2000
I am using a script in VB by running a Macro to insert the full pathnam of my file. The Macro works great. However, the problem I have i that when I run the Macro, the font defaults to 10 point......I want font of 6 point. Any ideas on how to change the Macro so it will default to font 6 poin everytime I run it? Thanks Sub PrintPathName() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName End Su ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com With Active...