Won't take mail off server

I was using Outlook 2000 until today, but starting last
week it stopped taking mail off the server, even though I
had not changed the checked boxes to remove mail from the
server.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, but to no avail.
So I decided to upgrade to Outlook 2002.  Same probelm -
but most of the time it will not even connect to my server
(I get "Operation Timed out" errors.

I cannot even figure out who to contact.  Any ideas?
0
smw2000 (1)

You might want to contact yr mail server administrator/tech to see if there
is a problem at their end, with yr account
I might add that its not allways a good idea to upgrade to overcome a
problem thats just appeared, unless you know its specific to yr version
David

"SteveW" <smw2000@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I was using Outlook 2000 until today, but starting last
> week it stopped taking mail off the server, even though I
> had not changed the checked boxes to remove mail from the
> server.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, but to no avail.
> So I decided to upgrade to Outlook 2002.  Same probelm -
> but most of the time it will not even connect to my server
> (I get "Operation Timed out" errors.
>
> I cannot even figure out who to contact.  Any ideas?

0
dl633 (83)

Outlook 2002, Earthlink DSL & Yahoo! Mail Plus
I'm using Outlook 2002. I have Earthlink DSL and a Yahoo! Mail Plus account. I'm able to configure Outlook 2002 to send and recieve e-mail via Earthlink mail, but not with Yahoo!. I've set the outbound server to mail.earthlink.net and the inbound server to pop.mail.yahoo.com. With this I can send e-mail, but I can't recieve it. Everytime Outlook tries to logon to the inbound mail server, it fails. I've checked and rechecked the username and password and that's not the problem. The authentication setup is wrong. Earthlink (and others) will not send mail via a...

Trying to stop Outlook 2002 from deleting old mail
Gave my mother a Dell a few years ago, Win XP, Office 2002, etc. She uses Outlook 2002 to handle her email. So I'm visiting and it is the usual string of things that don't work. I've managed to figure out and fix most of them. But I can't find a way to get Outlook to stop appearing to be deleting all mail older than 7 days. It isn't that they are being put into archive, I've already checked that. Actually there was no archive folder anywhere on the entire machine when I first checked. But I did provoke it to create an archive, just to see if it would fail and perh...

RMS 1.3 and SQL SERVER 2005 YUKON... good combination?
Hi, i only want to know if rms runs as it should be under SQL 2005? Thanks in advance. Aldo RMS 1.3 refresh 1 adds SQL 2005 support. although I've seen posts that people have used previous versions like 1.2, 1.3 with no problems. -- Total Communications "Aldo" wrote: > Hi, i only want to know if rms runs as it should be under SQL 2005? > > Thanks in advance. > > Aldo thanks!!! "Ron Reyes" wrote: > RMS 1.3 refresh 1 adds SQL 2005 support. although I've seen posts that people > have used previous versions like 1.2, 1.3 with no prob...

Reinstalling Exchange 2000 on new server after disaster
HI folks Situation is as follows: A BDC running windows 2k server recently died on me, despite advice from me, there was no backup exchange server. Today I successfully ran ntdsutil and got rid of the old server from active directory, named the new one after it, did dcpromo and it worked well I understand I can run with the /disasterrecovery switch but truth be told there isn't a working backup of the old server and anyway, the hardware is totally different. The one working backup I have is from last January and I am very reluctant to go into DSRM to restore system state or system vol...

SQL Server Training
We at www.sqlServer-Training.com, are trying to educate people on Microsoft SQL Server. We are providing daily tutorials, news and articles via our Blog. In case you are interested in exploring this new Database Administration skill set, please subscribe to our newsletters at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=Sqlserver-training We are also offering SQL Server 2005, 2008 DBA training in online mode, where you can join us for web conferences. Certifactions Training ========================= MCITP - SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance MCITP - SQL Server 20...

Protecting TODAY() after mailing
I have a worksheet that contains TODAY(), +1, +2 etc function. Is it possible to stop the dates auto updating after the sheet has been emailed to the recipient. I want it to preserve the dates ( auto ) inserted when the sheet created. -- Dent ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497071 You could convert those cells to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values is one way) before you send the file...

Bookmarks take me away from email
I use "Actions > Send Web Page by E-mail". Then setup the bookmark, and a link to the bookmark in Outlook. This link takes the recipient to the web page (www.webpage.com#bookmark), rather than jumping them to that part of the email. It seems like this should be possible since you can set the link to go to a bookmark. I don't even get how it thinks I would possibly want it to go to a web page. Help is much appreciated! ...

outbound mail #2
Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. although exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? any ideas as the messages keep growing. thanks, Bill Are the users getting any type of NDR? A few that come to mind: DNS configuration Antivirus Software SMTP Syncs "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8EB7C39-179B-4462-A1FB-A166E32AD1B1@microsoft.com... > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. > although > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? &g...

Mail delete date
Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? I don't think you can. I'm not sure if deleted date is a field Outlook maintains. "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? Yes you can. �f you add "modified" column and you didn't change item then deleted you can sort item in modified date (~deleted date). Evren Arslan "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSF...

Web mail access troubles
Hello All I'm having a problem with my web mail. I'm the new Admin. at a company and the end users are telling me it used to work, but now doesn't. Basically I type in the ""http\\IP Address/exchange"" and get a page cannot be found message. Iv checked all the Internet mail options on the exchange server, and they seem to be in order, but it just won't connect. I can ping the IP from inside the building, but not outside the network, so im thinking firewall issues. Its Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Server 2000 SP3 Thanx Peeps how is the owa server ...

Sending page by mail
Hi, I am using Microsoft Office 2000. I have Outlook setup as my defaul mail client. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0. When I click the mail button on the Internet Explorer toolbar an choose send link or send page I should get a new mail message window Instead I get an error asking if I want to send an error report to MS I get the same error if I am using Word, Excel or Power Point and go t file, send to, mail recipient ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is Ou...

Take Ownership
What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:gjqqv5ddgj7uesie7vdej1tshbv49unr1u@4ax.com... > What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? It means to transfer ownership of an object from the original owner to you, (your account). Google ' Take Ownership ' for more information. To take ownership of a file or a folder How to take ownership of a file You must have ownership of a protected file in order to access it. If another user has restricted access and you are the computer administ...

E-mail mail merge #2
I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? Pepper Use a mail merge starting from Outlook and use the Excel spreadsheet as = your data source. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Pepper asked: | I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. | Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? |=20 | Pepper 1 message with 300 recipi...

Send mails from Workflow
Hi, I have created a Workflow rule to send E-mails to customers when ever they create a case. "The from address" of those mails picks the owners name. I want to change this..... How can I do this. Thanks in advance.......... Irshard you can not use email templates. The from field is locked. Use the send email form in wf manager. and set the from field from the user you wnat the email to be sent. if you want the emails to be sent form an account such as helpdesk etc. create a dummy account or contact and send emails via it. Hello, There is no from feild in WF Manager........

Determining SQL Server 2008 Instance Name?
I'm building a "Setup and Deployment" project to distribute our application. We have a database called dbMain that runs on SQL Server 2008. I'm connecting to the database from our WPF Application via the app.config file, and here are the particulars: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> </configSections> <conne...

calculation taking too long
Currently I have a sheet where I enter my data and then another sheet within the same workbook that makes various calculations based on this data. But every time I enter data, it takes a long time for my formulas to calculate, upwards of a minute. I am pretty sure this is because my formulas contain entire columns as ranges (i.e. A:A rather than A1:A100). However I need to use A:A in my formulas as my data sheet is indefinitely long and I will continue to add to this over the years. I don't want to have to go back and change all my formulas to A1:A200 every time my data e...

E-mailing a Product Info Piece (non-attachment)
Is it possible to send a e-mail with picture and text(marketing piece that is not an attachment. I don't want the reciever of the e-mail t have to click on a html or pdf icon, i just want it to appear when the click on New Mail Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do i need to use a template or stationary ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from h...

visual studio and sql server
If I have installed visual studio, does that license me for SQL Server ? In other words, do we have to buy another license for SQL or does SQL come with Visual Studio and hence could be covered with my VS license. Are SQL client tools ( Management studio ) installed on client machines free i.e. not installing the database engine ? To what use do you want to install and use SQL-Server? Some versions of Visual Studio come with a copy of the Developer Edition of SQL-Server. If this is your case, you can then install it but this version can be used only for designing, develo...

junk e-mail folder
I use a hosted exchange service. after I read the mail in the junk e-mail folder it won't mark them as read, they still show up as new massages. it doesn't make any difference if I use Outlook or OWA. the hosted tech support says it's my Outlook, if it were my Outlook why can't I marked them as read from OWA? anybody have a solution? TIA Brian I'd say this is a server issue as you assume. An Exchange news group might be able to help. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "BrianT" <brian@NOSPAMisanti.net> wrote in message news:11ic7tj8he4q140@news.supernews.com... &g...

pasting emails address list into win mail
I have a very long excel spreadsheet with email address in one column. With the older outlook product I was always able to cut and paste the column into the TO field and send mass emailings. Now that I am using winmail I get an error when I try to do this: CHECK NAMES: no matches found ........ I have a clunky work around-I have added semicolins to each email address in the excel sheet but this of course is not a useful permanent fix. Can someone tell me how to turn off the "check names" feature or if this is not possible, how winmail can be used with excel to send...

Sent e-mail disappear!!!!!!!!! Can you help
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: Can anyone help with Outlook 2002 Problems From: "robin hickey" <robin@e-s-p.eu.com> Sent: 3/3/2004 9:38:36 AM Hi, I have Office XP pro, which I upgrated to because my other installation of 2000 still had the following problems... When I send an e-mail it is received by whoever it is sent to, and it appears in the outbox before it is sent, but then just disapeers without being able to be found anywhere?? Is this a virus? Also, when creating my own letterheads for two different e- mail accounts, but using one...

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient
I occassionally get this message when sending to a recipient through Outlook 2002 SP-2. It doesn't happen all the time and doesn't always happen to the same recipient (e.g. can sometimes send to them successfully) I can send OK through MSN mail to these recipients. Anyone have a suggestion why this may be happening? ...

OWA Issues w/ small Bus. 2003 server
Hope someone can help me out with this problem - Over the weekend I installed small bus. 2003 server behind a pix firewall , single server installation. i've setup my pix to forward the http request for OWA over to my internal IP of the server but cannot get OWA to open from outside the network. I can access OWA from inside - no problem. whey trying from the outside - i get the : page cannot be displayed using I.E . however, i can type : Http://IP address and get the : WELCOME TO SMALL BUSINESS SERVER 2003 PAGE Which has the - My company's internal web site and Network conf...

how do i archive mail
hi can anyone give me an article on how to archive mail in outlook 2002, something not to technical so i can send it out to my users. regards, Have you already read the Help topics on archiving? I'd start there and then post back if you have questions that Help doesn't answer... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:022701c3d31c$97b878a0$a601280a@phx.gbl, chich wrote: > hi can anyone give me an article on how to archive mail in > ou...

Why doesn't SFO Mail Merge allow Custom Fields?
Can anyone tell me WHY SFO mail merge will NOT allow Custom Fields? You can use Custom Fields for MailMerge! You only have to use our Add-On WordMailMerge for MSCRM 1.2 You can download a TRIAL-Version from www.mscrm-addons.com -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Documents for MSCRM WordMailMerge for MSCRM "Darryl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:350301c51f3e$c31fed10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > Can anyone tell...