WLAN syncing

I have recently set up a WIFI Wireless lan between my
laptop and desktop.  I have searched and searched for a
way to sync my calendar, tasks, and contacts (notes and
journal would be good, but not necessary), but the only
way I've found to do it is over the internet using email
attachments.

Can this be done directly?  I assumed this kind of thing
was commonly done in corporate network settings, but I
can't seem to find any info on it.  Maybe I am searching
using the wrong terminology.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74719)

You may find a solution here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"lsloan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently set up a WIFI Wireless lan between my
> laptop and desktop.  I have searched and searched for a
> way to sync my calendar, tasks, and contacts (notes and
> journal would be good, but not necessary), but the only
> way I've found to do it is over the internet using email
> attachments.
>
> Can this be done directly?  I assumed this kind of thing
> was commonly done in corporate network settings, but I
> can't seem to find any info on it.  Maybe I am searching
> using the wrong terminology.
>
> Thanks

0
patrickareed (498)
12/12/2003 5:25:11 PM
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3

Thanks for the site address.  I am going through it.

Has anyone actually used any such methods with clear
success?

0
anonymous (74719)

Sync with Exchange
I have almost 10GB of data in my exchange-account. When installing Outlook on a new computer I would prefer to only sync mails received and sent during the last year. I know it is possible to specify this time limit but then I have to do it separately for each folder and there are plenty. I don't think it is possible to set it recursively. Am I wrong? I asume I could write a script that recursively go through all folders and set this but I don't know how to do it. Anyone knows about such a script? /Anders The setting is per folder and yes, it needs set separately. I&...

WLAN Marvell 88w8686
Hi All, Has anyone worked with Marvell 88w8686 WLAN module with SDIO interface in wince6.0.I am a new bee to WLAN.I am using Samsung s3c6410 BSP for our development board.We have WM-G-MR-09 WLAN module which has Marvell 88W8686 chipset.The problem is that the driver is not getting called once the image is loaded.I have no source code but have the dll file and registry file ie, SDIO8686.dll and SDIO8686.reg and the registry file contains the following entry ; registry keys for the Streams portion of the driver [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Custom\M...

Syncing CRM Tasks
When I am in the Outlook client for CRM and click CRM Task it creates a task in my Outlook Task list. I then go into my Activities in CRM and that same task appears twice. It's duplicating all of them. If I go back into Outlook tasks and mark it complete, it removes one of them from CRM tasks and leaves one. Anyone know what would cause this? ...

Sync Outlook 2007 For 2 Computers
I have one laptop and one desktop, both with Vista and Outlook 2007. Is there a built-in Vista utility to sync my e-mails, contacts, appts, etc. in Outlook 2007 between the 2 computers? If not, can anyone recommend a third party program that does the trick? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Dell Christopher asked: ...

Ouitlook Sync 2007???
Will outlook 2007 finally include the ability to sync two outlook clients together? Contacts? Tasks? Thanks! /CL Hi CL, A fully functional sync, preferably fully automated? No. It won't. Outlook 2007 introduces support for Internet Calendars and the ability to publish and subscribe to them from within Outlook. For more on that, see the following blog post: http://blogs.msdn.com/michael_affronti/archive/2006/05/10/594986.aspx For a real sync solution, you still have to rely on 3rd party tools in Outlook 2007. I personally am pretty happy with Plaxo (www.plaxo.com). It handles...

WLAN syncing
I have recently set up a WIFI Wireless lan between my laptop and desktop. I have searched and searched for a way to sync my calendar, tasks, and contacts (notes and journal would be good, but not necessary), but the only way I've found to do it is over the internet using email attachments. Can this be done directly? I assumed this kind of thing was commonly done in corporate network settings, but I can't seem to find any info on it. Maybe I am searching using the wrong terminology. Thanks You may find a solution here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- PATR...

[ANN] Sync Entourage-iCal (new) and Sync Entourage-Address Book 2.5 Update for 2004
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3167889022_24080772 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit New scripts and updates for Entourage 2004: NEW: Sync Entourage-iCal 1.0 [for Entourage 2004 only] Sync Entourage-Address Book [PANTHER] 2.5 [free update - with new features for Entourage 2004] Export-Import Entourage X 1.3 [free update - with versions of the Excel scripts for Excel 2004] All available at MacScripter.net <http:...

email missing after sync to my home pc
At home,I created a VPN to my company domain, and used my Outlook 2003 to downloade all email message from exchange Today, I came to work, all my emails are gone,but all 'Sent item' still there? Why? How can I have all my email message back? I checked Mailbox from Exchange, it shows I have 87 items which I believe they still exist somewhere in the server, how can retrieve all of them from exchage server? Of course, I know I can copy the .pst from my home pc and import to my office laptop Thanks Hello, if Deleted Item Retention Time has been enabled on your exchange server, ...

Good White paper on Exchange SP2 https syncing?
Does anyone know where I might find a good white paper that describes the Syncing features of SP2? I will also post this over in the exchange server group. thanks, Tom G Doubt you'll find one yet. HTTP syncing isn't going to work until the MSFP comes out. At least that's what I've been told. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com "Tom Giannelli" <tgiannelli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:593103f524948c7c2da6567333a@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where I might find a good white paper that d...

How do I sync Signatures and folders between different machines?
I use Outlook on two different machines and the set up is not synched correctly. My home version does not update when I add new folders on the work laptop and the signatures are not saved in the home PC version. The signatures were created on the laptop and saved there. I need help!!!!!!!!!!! What type of mail account? How are you currently attempting to sync? (outlook doesn't sync without the use of third party tools) What version of Outlook? "Ben Davidson" <Ben Davidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:708A9243-C1D4-48FD-84FE-7B37BB49FF99@...

Calendar sync with entourage
Microsoft Entourage (Microsofts Exchange for Mac) caused a sync issue this AM and removed nearly every appointment from my iCal.I have disabled Entourage's sync feature and was able to restore my iCal to operating condition. Exchange server is 2003sp2 Upon an attempt to reconnect iCal to Entourage, Entourage/Exchange stated putting double of every appointment in both places.Yes, I did a "replace" not a synchronize. I told iCal (master) to overwrite my Entourage (slave) which in turn updates my Exchange calendar.There is no reason to me that it should make doubles ...

Can't Sync to outlook
When I try to sync to outlook I get an error: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted I can see all the data in CRM from Outlook but i cant sync. Got any ideas I'm having the same problem with my SFO except my error says "network path not found". I too can see all the data if I am on-line in Outlook but going off-line does not work. I've seen a lot of posts about this but I have not found any answers. I hope the people at MS will have a chance to help us out more. Eric "jimP" wrote: > When I try to sync to outlook I get an err...

WLAN and IAS event error 3
I'm new to the company and it looks like the former IT manager was trying to push WLAN with IAS and CA. However, the DC is throwing the below error and Reason-Code = 3 has been impossible to find in any forum. Has anyone seen this error before. Event Type: Error Event Source: IAS Event Category: None Event ID: 3 Date: 1/13/2010 Time: 4:26:54 PM User: N/A Computer: Lab-1 Description: Access request for user test@test.net was discarded. Fully-Qualified-User-Name = <undetermined> NAS-IP-Address = x.x.x.x NAS-Identifier = hello Called-Station-Identifier = Ca...

Password sync
Is ther any easy way to sync a user password on both the local machine running xp and a SBS 2003 server. I want to set have user forced to change their password regularily Hi Gerry: Group policy forces domain users to change their password every x days, and you are prompted for this when you finish the connect to the internet wizard. That user connects to the station by means of the domain logon, either directly or with cached credentials, so it would seem your objective is met with group policy. If I have missed the point, please give a specific example of your conce...

Enable\disable wlan
How is possible, using c++, enable \ disable wlan and how is possible to know the status of the wireless connection? ...

Syncing Outlook with Microsoft Exchange
I have recently purchased the Office Small Business 2007. Prior to this I was using the Outlook Web Access for all my email, contacts and calendar requirements. Now that I have Outlook 2007, I have been successful in migrating all the information from the Web Access to the 'desktop' Outlook. Part of the reason I wanted to go to Outlook 2007 is that the Web Access mailbox size is limited. My problem is that when I sync the two, they become a mirror of each other, I would like to clear up the space on the Web Access and use it only in emergencies or for checking email whe...

Store/HQ Out of sync
One of our store databases has differing data from the HQ for yesterday's sales. It appears 7 records are missing from the trasactions table on the HQ DB that exist in SO DB. We have run worksheet 401 and still the records do not come over. The store is otherwise communicating normally - today's sales are showing up just fine in HQ. Is there a way to force a reconcile? May be silly question, but did you back-date the 401? "Daniel S." <Daniel S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D241E13-27E2-41C9-85B8-7DEAFAA89298@microsoft.com... > One of...

Sync Phone
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C5D98E.8A38F860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I hope you don't mind if this is not the place to ask about my issue. I'm using a sync-utility provided by the manufacturer of my cell phone (Sony Ericsson) to cross - sync my phone's calendar and the one I have in Outlook 2003. Everything works perfectly. Except that appointments I make in my cell phone and sync with my pc, are scheduled exactly one hour earlier on my pc. Both my pc and cell phone are set...

active sync error
Can anyone help with this error. After installing office 2007 everything syncs except notes and I get this error. Any help would be much appreciated. Jerry ERROR Sync cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information ... Restart and sync again JERRY BOHLEY <Jerry@home> wrote: > Can anyone help with this error. After installing office 2007 > everything syncs except notes and I get this error. Any help would > be much appreciated. > Jerry > > ERROR > Sync cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the &g...

Syncing or merging?
Hi all, Chances are I have completely missed this one. I am currently OUTLOOK 2003. I have my personal default calendar and I have another profile I use for my home office under another e-mail address(Still Outlook 2003). Is there a way to have them both in sync when ever I enter appointments, meetings, etc. The reason I ask is because when I sync with my smartphone, it will only grab my default mail account info and not the other calendar. I won't die without it, but it would be nice to see all my appointments under one roof. Any assistance would be very grateful. Regards, Dream...

Issues with Sync-ing of contacts to WM phone
Hi, I am having a serious problem with the size of the contact file being sync-ed into my mobile phone. Things started going wrong after I imported all my contacts to Google contacts for backing up and re-importing it back from Google whilst replacing duplicates. Prior to this, i had no issues with even more contacts, eg 2200+. Since then, the size of the contact file in my mobile phone has been huge, nearing 60mb and not all contacts are in yet. The file name on the WM phone is “pim.vol” and my phone model is HTC Touch 3G. Do advise if there is any way i can eith...

Syncing devices
I would like to know if it is possible to SyNc music into the Iphone 3gs from the Windows media player? And if possible how do I set this up? I connected the device into my computer and hit the Snyc tab above. Window opened to show option to sync device but the sync tab at the bottom is greyed out and does'nt allow me to hit sync. Thanks, -- Ms.N ...

turn off sync
how do i turn off ALL syncronization functions in Outlook. i turned it on, don't like it, and now i can't turn it off. someone please help. thanks. Please tell us your version and what you're syncing with. stanc@lsil.com wrote: > how do i turn off ALL syncronization functions in > Outlook. i turned it on, don't like it, and now i can't > turn it off. > someone please help. > thanks. ...

Syncing Outlook with an Exchange
Can I sync an Outlook client with an exchange server remotely (not attached to the network where the Exchange resides). Anyway to use Active Sync? Workstation is not on the domain. Right now were poping e-mail down to the client (Outlook), the contacts, calendar & tasks are not being updated on the server because they they reside on the workstation/client side and no connection back to the Exchange server. Mike You should ask the folks that run the Exchange server if they support RPC over HTTP (a.k.a Outlook Anywhere). If they answer yes and you have Windows XP SP2 or ...

enable\disable wlan with c++
how is possible to enable or disable wlan using c++ language and how is possible to know if there is a wlan connection active? ...