Winfax problem

How does one turn off the Winfax button in Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps
reporting an error caused by Winfax.
Simon

0
Simon

There is no such thing. Outlook does not include fax software, so this is
something you've caused by installing third party fax software.
Post the exact error message and when you get it.
Post the Fax software you installed.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> How does one turn off the Winfax button in Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps
> reporting an error caused by Winfax.
> Simon

0
russval (3097)
4/30/2004 9:53:26 AM
When I installed Symantec Winfax it automatically installs a button into
Outlook 2003, so, I completely disagree with you Russ, there is a button in
Outlook which has been installed by Winfax. As I previously said, I would
like to know how to get rid of this add-in from Outlook as it causes
problems with Outlook 2003. It even creates a folder called Winfax Fax Logs.

"Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> How does one turn off the Winfax button in Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps
> reporting an error caused by Winfax.
> Simon

0
Simon
4/30/2004 10:18:05 AM
That is my point. Outlook has no such feature. This is a third party issue
that Symantec must resolve.
--
> When I installed Symantec Winfax it automatically installs a button into
> Outlook 2003, so, I completely disagree with you Russ, there is a button
in
> Outlook which has been installed by Winfax. As I previously said, I would
> like to know how to get rid of this add-in from Outlook as it causes
> problems with Outlook 2003. It even creates a folder called Winfax Fax
Logs.

> "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> > How does one turn off the Winfax button in Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps
> > reporting an error caused by Winfax.
> > Simon

0
russval (3097)
4/30/2004 11:05:46 AM
Here this should get you started on getting the help you need from Symantec.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/a74513c210251d318525688d004c147a/916ad60966a2289588256d2800806650?OpenDocument

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> That is my point. Outlook has no such feature. This is a third party issue
> that Symantec must resolve.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> > When I installed Symantec Winfax it automatically installs a button into
> > Outlook 2003, so, I completely disagree with you Russ, there is a button
> in
> > Outlook which has been installed by Winfax. As I previously said, I
would
> > like to know how to get rid of this add-in from Outlook as it causes
> > problems with Outlook 2003. It even creates a folder called Winfax Fax
> Logs.
> >
> > "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> > > How does one turn off the Winfax button in Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps
> > > reporting an error caused by Winfax.
> > > Simon

0
russval (3097)
4/30/2004 3:22:26 PM
Thanx Russ for helping.
Simon

> Here this should get you started on getting the help you need from
Symantec.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/a74513c210251d318525688d004c147a/916ad60966a2289588256d2800806650?OpenDocument

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > That is my point. Outlook has no such feature. This is a third party
issue
> > that Symantec must resolve.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> > > When I installed Symantec Winfax it automatically installs a button
into
> > > Outlook 2003, so, I completely disagree with you Russ, there is a
button
> > in
> > > Outlook which has been installed by Winfax. As I previously said, I
> would
> > > like to know how to get rid of this add-in from Outlook as it causes
> > > problems with Outlook 2003. It even creates a folder called Winfax Fax
> > Logs.
> > >
> > > "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message

0
Simon
4/30/2004 3:29:01 PM
Winfax was causing me a problem too. Couldn't figure it out. Then I read
somewhere that I had to install Winfax FIRST then Office 2003. Then when I
installed Winfax I also did a custom install and chose not to install email
integration with Outlook. Both works properly now.

> Thanx Russ for helping.
> Simon
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Here this should get you started on getting the help you need from
> Symantec.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/a74513c210251d318525688d004c147a/916ad60966a2289588256d2800806650?OpenDocument

> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > That is my point. Outlook has no such feature. This is a third party
> issue
> > > that Symantec must resolve.
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> into
> button
> > > in
> > would
Fax
> > > Logs.

> keeps

0
tangyp (4)
5/1/2004 2:21:35 AM
Thanks Andrew will give it a try.
Simon

"Andrew YP Tang" <tangyp@time.net.my> wrote in message
> Winfax was causing me a problem too. Couldn't figure it out. Then I read
> somewhere that I had to install Winfax FIRST then Office 2003. Then when I
> installed Winfax I also did a custom install and chose not to install
email
> integration with Outlook. Both works properly now.
>
> "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message
> > Thanx Russ for helping.
> > Simon
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Here this should get you started on getting the help you need from
> > Symantec.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/a74513c210251d318525688d004c147a/916ad60966a2289588256d2800806650?OpenDocument

> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]
> > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > issue
> > into
> > button
> > > would
> Fax

> > keeps

0
Simon

Problem with Extension Configuration files in Outlook 2007
My configuration is WinXP with Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003. I recently started to see the following error messages at Outlook start up: The extension configuration file c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\addins\dumpster.ecf cannot be installed..... I get the same error message for the files msspc.ecf and outex.pcf. Then, I get the same three messages for the same three files, but the file names are in caps. Finally, Outlook tells me "Cannot open mail files" and quits. Anybody seen this one? Locate extend.dat and rename it to .old when Outlook is closed. ...

problems
After rebooting my exchange server, it sent out emails from last year to people who are no longer members of the groups it sent out to. Could this mail have been sitting in corrupt store which has some how sorted itself and sent it out. Any advise welcome thnx Anything in Application or System Event logs? jen wrote: > After rebooting my exchange server, it sent out emails > from last year to people who are no longer members of the > groups it sent out to. Could this mail have been sitting > in corrupt store which has some how sorted itself and > sent it out. Any adv...

Sorted
Hi, I have 900 records. I sorted Column A and B (ascending order) but there are few records from 900 records that have like this below. This should have sorted by Column A (ascending) and Column B (descending) but I sorted by ascending order both columns. I hate to look each records to make sure. Column A Column B 9303 9303.21 - this should be 3rd row 9303 9302.64 - this should be 1st row 9303 9302.78 - this should be 2nd row I would be much appreciated for your help. Thanks According to your explanation of A ascending and B...

Fill-In Form Problem
I have a number of fill-in forms I created with Word 2000. Many have dropdown boxes that contain a number of responses as well as a "blank" option (created using blank spaces) to allow us to 'clear' the field if nothing has to be filled in. We recently switched to Word 2007 and we have been unable to select the "blank" entry in the dropdowns, therefore, we can no longer clear a field if no entry is required. Am I overlooking something? If you use the legacy dropdown fields in a protected form then Word 2007 will certainly allow a blank entry consi...

Windows Update uninstall problem
I hope I posted this in the right place. I tried to uninstall an update using a C++ application I made. I use the Windows Update Agent API create an IUpdateSession then an IUpdateInstaller I set the update collection for the installer and then use the IUpdateInstaller->Uninstall method but I get the 0x80240028 error message. I understand that this means an uninstall can be started only by WSUS but is there any way I to send a command to the WSUS to uninstall the update or to "associate" my application with the WSUS server? Thank you! I observed that the IUpdateSess...

SUMIF Problem #3
I'm trying to use SUMIF and the results appear to be wrong. I've checked to be sure that the values in column B are truly numbers (not text) and they are numbers. Column C1 is where the formula resides and the sum should be 583.50. I watched what happening using the Function Wizard, and for the sum_range it is = {516;67.50}. Also tried taking the = out of the criteria argument and it doesn't matter. Any ideas? =SUMIF(A1:A1,"=2",B1:B2) A B C 2 516.00 516 1 67.50 Thanks for your help, -- Julie Ray- Thanks. I did try that (just trie...

Security Problem
G'Day List, How do I fix this problem? While creating a new email to send, the user clicked on "View" and selected "From Field". Now his newly created email, to be sent, now has an option to select the sender, and he can select any name from the Global Address List. This is NOT GOOD. How can I disable this permanently? Thanks. This shouldn't be a problem unless you have also granted the user Send = As or Send on Behalf Of permission over every mailbox. If the user tries = to send and doesn't have correct permissions, they'll get an error = message.=20 -...

Problems With Out Of Office
Have a network of 20 pc's running win2000 with office 2000 prof linked to MS sbs 2000. several machines have developed the fault where their out of office assistant is setup fine but does not work. this number pf machines is slowly increaseing. HELP. ...

Automatic Registration Button Problems
I am using the code below for a button in a form. It searches the Leaders table to find all leaders who are directors. Then registers all of these leaders for whichever event the button is in. However, when I press the button, it does something that I don't understand. Right now I have two events in my test database that I could register for. Both of them have about 12 people registered for them. I typed each of these registrants in. When I create a third event to test my new nifty button, it seems like it takes the first two events and doubles their registrations and register no on...

Strange excel (XP) problem. Cells appear empty
Hey there, I'm having a weird excel problem at one of our customers. They have some excel sheets with a lot of macro's from the head office. They fill in some numbers and a price comes out. Anyways, the field in which they have to enter numbers -appear- to be empty, but if you click them you will see in the formula input field that they do have numbers in it (no macro's or anything). Strange thing is this only on one PC. The rest of them works fine. It's also not a user issue. People there have roaming profiles and on other PC's it works fine. Also other people on ...

Symantec WinFax Pro
a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get to the company website it comes up with with this Symantec WinFax Pro error. We have nothing installed that has to do with winfax including no printers, services, faxes, or registry entries. But yet anytime we go to launch the website it gives this error then freezes and the only option is to restart. Any suggestions? <n.stephens.2005@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176144385.578574.239160@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get > to the company...

Problem when OE opens
When I open Outlook Express 6 it does not highlight or go to the latest message but goes to an older one, even though I sort on date. How can I fix this? The main user of the machine has low vision and this creates a complication I would prefer to avoid. Thanks. If all messages are unread, non will highlight. If some are read and some are new, the last message that was read will be highlighted. At least that's the way it works for me. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Lauren" <lbabus@optonline.net> wr...

VC++ 2005 migration problem
hi, i'm not sure that i post this topic in the correct groups or not. If i'm wrong, please let me know. i have 1 MFC project which is written using VC++2003 but i need to migrate to VC++2005. The program (VC++2003) is working fine. but there is erros occur when running in VC++2005, and i just able to figure out that the problem was come from the following code. # ifdef WIN32 # if defined(MPSC_EXPORT) # define MPSC_API __declspec( dllexport ) # elif defined(MPSC_IMPORT) # define MPSC_API __declspec( dllimport ) # else /* for st...

Weekday Problem
I am trying to create weekdays in cells from a date cell and want the weekday cells to give me back the day of the month as a day number only from that date that I enter over a specific number of cells. I also want to have the days fill in automatically over certain period of cell. Help...Thanks so much what a great forum... -- deanholmes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deanholmes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533048 I don'...

Problem with log in to Vista
I've got a problem with my Vista (Home Premium) I tried to log in in the morning and this problem occured - all of my desktop icons (same goes to wallpaper) vanished, my Windows taskbar won't open and I can only browse my computer through one explorer window that popped out during a log in (I can browse all the areas/hdd's of my pc) I scanned my OS with AVG antivir but the problem still occurs. It's been 8 months since I install the system (and i've got all the updates) and I never had a problem like this before. What is it? Is it a virus or any other piece of m...

Problem with OAB
Hi, We have problem with downloading the Offline Address Book.We have recently upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007, from then we are unable to download OAB. When we try to update the OAB,we get the error message as below "Action 'Update' could not be performed on Object 'Default Offline Address list' Error :Database"<Domain.com>/Configuration/deleted Objects/public Folder store (<Legacy Mailbox server Name >). We suspect the OAB is still trying to update the information from legacy Exchange server 2003 , which is no more in n...

request to solve my problem #7
hello friends this is vijay,i got a problem while doing my project based on vc++ (i.e)"How to implement Fit Window feature in VC++6.0 in an MDI Application" if any of you got any idea about that please do reply me with the proceedure.i will be waiting for your reply bye with regards vijayprasadreddy What do u want to fit...? a bitmap...? then use StrechBlt() API Reddy plz be specific ur problem...ok.. Tony Cochin "vijay" <ramuvijayreddy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138621253.961315.99210@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hello friends this ...

Floppy disc problem
I cannot open files on any of my floppy discs in the A drive. I get a message statig the data media is not recognized. Thank you Never ever read from, write to, or print from floppy with Word. These are the most certain methods of ensuring document corruption (which may have already occurred). Copy to the hard disc and work on the document from there. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org...

Winfax problem
How does one turn off the Winfax button in Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps reporting an error caused by Winfax. Simon There is no such thing. Outlook does not include fax software, so this is something you've caused by installing third party fax software. Post the exact error message and when you get it. Post the Fax software you installed. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Simon" <si@com> wrote in message news:OIGu6WpLEHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How does one turn off the Winfax button in Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps > reporting an error caused by Winfax. > Si...

Purchase receipt problem
I had a user bail out of GP (instead of waiting for the program to finish processing) while she was posting a receivings batch of about 20 pos with 2 line items each. The headers on the pos were not updated to show received, the receipts didn't hit inventory but the system won't allow her to receive them again. I've run check links, but this did not fix the problem What else can I do? I'm the SQL DBA so can run queries in SQL to determine issues and correct some problems, but don't want to just set these headers to reflect received pos as I don't think that w...

I need help with spreadsheet problem
Hi Guys, I'm not sure what's wrong but I think I may have some settings wrong on my pc at work. I am on a network and the problem is this. When I create a spreadsheet I have to have shading in certain cells but when I shade them they do not show on the spreadsheet but they show up if I go into print preview and if I print the spreadsheet off the shading is there. For some reason I just can't see the shading when I'm working on the spreadsheet. I also cannot see colour on my screen in my message box in microsoft outlook i.e. I cannot see my background colour I can onl...

Problem with Excel98/Chart/Formula
Hi! I have an application written in VB 6.0 in which I am creating an Excel Chart. The code below works fine with Excel 2003, but it fails on Excel 97. Set xlsSeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries xlsSeries.Formula = sFormula Any Ideas? Tobias Tobias - That piece of code hasn't changed since Excel 97. What does sFormula contain? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Tobias Schittkowski wrote: > Hi! > > I have an application written in VB 6.0 in which I am creating ...

Backup problems
For over two months, all my attempts to back up my hard drive have failed. Here's a typical error message from such a failure: The backup did not complete successfully. An error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the error: There is a problem with the backup catalog. Restore from a different backup or create new, full backup. (0x810000E4) Backup time: 6/7/2010 9:18 PM Backup location: BD-ROM Drive (E:) Could a few changes be made to this error message? 1. Make it possible to copy and paste the text using the mouse, to make it faster ...

Outlook 2007 rules problem? CC problem?
Okay, I'm relatively new to Outlook 2007 or Outlook in general, but I've been asked to solve a problem because they think I know what I'm doing.... :-) I installed 2007 on this computer recently and one of our know-it-all people reconfigured it for me somehow. The computer was set up so that it would receive emails from 2 different email accounts (user 1 & 2). Problem is, when an email is sent to user 1 and cc'd to user 2, user 1 gets two copies of the email and user 2 receives none. This is done with no rules applied. Now, Mr. know-it-all created a rule that would se...

problems after converting from 97 to 2003
i was using a great program someone once built for me in access 97. eversince i upgraded to office 2003 and converted the program to access 2003 and the database also my reports are not working. i need help! is there maybe something i can download that will convert from 97 to 2003 in a better way? Sorry, but "not working" doesn't give us much to go by. Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "???" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2FD1B4A...