Winfax Problem #2

Some of the features in Winfax 10 mess up my Outlook 2003.
There is a new folder installed in Outlook that says Winfax Logs after
the installation of WF10. Whenever I click it Outlook locks up.

They should have put more R&D into this one!!

It is common knowledge that WinFax Pro will not integrate with Outlook 2003.
Your issue should be taken up with Symantec, not here.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Paul" <pingramnet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Some of the features in Winfax 10 mess up my Outlook 2003.
> There is a new folder installed in Outlook that says Winfax Logs after the
> installation of WF10. Whenever I click it Outlook locks up.
>
> They should have put more R&D into this one!!

0
russval1 (2100)
7/17/2005 3:13:28 AM
Make sure you have the very latest winfax build - I think it's 10.3 (maybe
10.4). If that still locks outlook up, disable all Outlook integration in
winfax - if that fails, get rid of winfax.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Paul" <pingramnet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Some of the features in Winfax 10 mess up my Outlook 2003.
> There is a new folder installed in Outlook that says Winfax Logs after the
> installation of WF10. Whenever I click it Outlook locks up.
>
> They should have put more R&D into this one!!

0
msnews1660 (730)

problems
After rebooting my exchange server, it sent out emails from last year to people who are no longer members of the groups it sent out to. Could this mail have been sitting in corrupt store which has some how sorted itself and sent it out. Any advise welcome thnx Anything in Application or System Event logs? jen wrote: > After rebooting my exchange server, it sent out emails > from last year to people who are no longer members of the > groups it sent out to. Could this mail have been sitting > in corrupt store which has some how sorted itself and > sent it out. Any adv...

RICHEDIT 2 in MFC
I'm trying to create a Richedit 2 window in MFC, instead of Richedit 1, via a CRichEditCtrl, not a resource. Looking in the MFC source, CRichEditCtrl::Create() would need to be replaced at a minimum because it's creating a window with a class of "RICHEDIT" and explicitly loading "RICHED32.DLL". CRichEditCtrl::Create() is not virtual so that would be a problem. Is there a good solution? Thanks Mark Bellamy Mark, You might want to investigate AfxInitRichEdit2 on MSDN, and check www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com, which both has articles on using the ve...

Duplicate entries #2
Hi, For some reason, MS Money 2006 duplicates entries when it converts data from an earlier version of Money. It does not do at it first but only after it has imported the data and after I close it and open again. Any ideas on how to prevent Money from doing this or a very easy way to remove duplicate transactions (e.g., not manually). Thanks ahead of time. ...

Problem with Extension Configuration files in Outlook 2007
My configuration is WinXP with Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003. I recently started to see the following error messages at Outlook start up: The extension configuration file c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\addins\dumpster.ecf cannot be installed..... I get the same error message for the files msspc.ecf and outex.pcf. Then, I get the same three messages for the same three files, but the file names are in caps. Finally, Outlook tells me "Cannot open mail files" and quits. Anybody seen this one? Locate extend.dat and rename it to .old when Outlook is closed. ...

Sorted
Hi, I have 900 records. I sorted Column A and B (ascending order) but there are few records from 900 records that have like this below. This should have sorted by Column A (ascending) and Column B (descending) but I sorted by ascending order both columns. I hate to look each records to make sure. Column A Column B 9303 9303.21 - this should be 3rd row 9303 9302.64 - this should be 1st row 9303 9302.78 - this should be 2nd row I would be much appreciated for your help. Thanks According to your explanation of A ascending and B...

Fill-In Form Problem
I have a number of fill-in forms I created with Word 2000. Many have dropdown boxes that contain a number of responses as well as a "blank" option (created using blank spaces) to allow us to 'clear' the field if nothing has to be filled in. We recently switched to Word 2007 and we have been unable to select the "blank" entry in the dropdowns, therefore, we can no longer clear a field if no entry is required. Am I overlooking something? If you use the legacy dropdown fields in a protected form then Word 2007 will certainly allow a blank entry consi...

Windows Update uninstall problem
I hope I posted this in the right place. I tried to uninstall an update using a C++ application I made. I use the Windows Update Agent API create an IUpdateSession then an IUpdateInstaller I set the update collection for the installer and then use the IUpdateInstaller->Uninstall method but I get the 0x80240028 error message. I understand that this means an uninstall can be started only by WSUS but is there any way I to send a command to the WSUS to uninstall the update or to "associate" my application with the WSUS server? Thank you! I observed that the IUpdateSess...

how to run businessportal 2 for GP 2 on Internet Explorer 7.
When i start busniess Portal to Enter Purchase Order through terminal services on IE 7.... A blank window will appeare and nothing else ..... and when i run the same thing on IE 6 then it works. How do i Fix it. Regards ...

Duplicate values #2
What formula will work to get all cell references of duplicate values(numeric or text) in a range(non-blank)? Hi Tungana, Pls try this =IF(COUNTIF(a$5:$a9,G9)>1,"Duplicate","") "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > What formula will work to get all cell references of duplicate > values(numeric or text) in a range(non-blank)? =IF(COUNTIF(a$5:$a9,a5)>1,"Duplicate","") and dragdown "Anirudh" wrote: > Hi Tungana, > > Pls try this > > =IF(COUNTIF(a$5:$a9,G9)>1,"Duplicate","") > ...

Newbie question #2
Hi, I have just started working in VC++. I want to know how to save a file as a text file. In a dialog box i'm entering a person's age and name and i want to save it as a text file. Please help ! Gary Take a look at CStdioFile. CStdioFile::WriteString writes a string to the file. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Gary" <msnews@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:#CV7VMvjDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have just started working in VC++. I want to know how to save a file as a > text file. > > In a dialog box i'...

SUMIF Problem #3
I'm trying to use SUMIF and the results appear to be wrong. I've checked to be sure that the values in column B are truly numbers (not text) and they are numbers. Column C1 is where the formula resides and the sum should be 583.50. I watched what happening using the Function Wizard, and for the sum_range it is = {516;67.50}. Also tried taking the = out of the criteria argument and it doesn't matter. Any ideas? =SUMIF(A1:A1,"=2",B1:B2) A B C 2 516.00 516 1 67.50 Thanks for your help, -- Julie Ray- Thanks. I did try that (just trie...

Security Problem
G'Day List, How do I fix this problem? While creating a new email to send, the user clicked on "View" and selected "From Field". Now his newly created email, to be sent, now has an option to select the sender, and he can select any name from the Global Address List. This is NOT GOOD. How can I disable this permanently? Thanks. This shouldn't be a problem unless you have also granted the user Send = As or Send on Behalf Of permission over every mailbox. If the user tries = to send and doesn't have correct permissions, they'll get an error = message.=20 -...

Update Rollup 2 & 3
I have installed Rollup 2 and it said it finished sucessfully. I restarted and it still does not show up under add/remove programs. Rollup 3 also says it can not install until 2 is installed. Got any ideas? ...

Problems With Out Of Office
Have a network of 20 pc's running win2000 with office 2000 prof linked to MS sbs 2000. several machines have developed the fault where their out of office assistant is setup fine but does not work. this number pf machines is slowly increaseing. HELP. ...

Is this possible
Hello, I would like to have a stacked column chart to represent the following: RTL JBOS Input 30 109 Train No Train Output 134 29 What I would like is for the first stack to be called "Input" and represent RTL+JBOS and have a second stack called "Output" represent Train + No Train. The idea is that the stack "input" should be the same height a the stack "output". Given the numbers above, they are not equal and I want to illustrate the difference. Is this possible? Thank you On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Maxime ...

Automatic Registration Button Problems
I am using the code below for a button in a form. It searches the Leaders table to find all leaders who are directors. Then registers all of these leaders for whichever event the button is in. However, when I press the button, it does something that I don't understand. Right now I have two events in my test database that I could register for. Both of them have about 12 people registered for them. I typed each of these registrants in. When I create a third event to test my new nifty button, it seems like it takes the first two events and doubles their registrations and register no on...

Strange excel (XP) problem. Cells appear empty
Hey there, I'm having a weird excel problem at one of our customers. They have some excel sheets with a lot of macro's from the head office. They fill in some numbers and a price comes out. Anyways, the field in which they have to enter numbers -appear- to be empty, but if you click them you will see in the formula input field that they do have numbers in it (no macro's or anything). Strange thing is this only on one PC. The rest of them works fine. It's also not a user issue. People there have roaming profiles and on other PC's it works fine. Also other people on ...

Symantec WinFax Pro
a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get to the company website it comes up with with this Symantec WinFax Pro error. We have nothing installed that has to do with winfax including no printers, services, faxes, or registry entries. But yet anytime we go to launch the website it gives this error then freezes and the only option is to restart. Any suggestions? <n.stephens.2005@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176144385.578574.239160@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >a client of mine has Symantec AV installed. and when she trys to get > to the company...

Problem when OE opens
When I open Outlook Express 6 it does not highlight or go to the latest message but goes to an older one, even though I sort on date. How can I fix this? The main user of the machine has low vision and this creates a complication I would prefer to avoid. Thanks. If all messages are unread, non will highlight. If some are read and some are new, the last message that was read will be highlighted. At least that's the way it works for me. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Lauren" <lbabus@optonline.net> wr...

Retrieving data from Exchange Server #2
I have recieved this message: "Retrieving data from Exchange Server - and if I cancel the message I fail to connect to Calendar or my Inbox. The message appears sporadically as most times I can switch between Calendar and Inbox . The Outlook get stuck until I close the Outlook. Some one know how can I disable this message? This message indicates that Outlook senses slowness in Exchange response and can almost literally be caused by anything from Outlook to the Exchange Server and anything in between. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backup...

VC++ 2005 migration problem
hi, i'm not sure that i post this topic in the correct groups or not. If i'm wrong, please let me know. i have 1 MFC project which is written using VC++2003 but i need to migrate to VC++2005. The program (VC++2003) is working fine. but there is erros occur when running in VC++2005, and i just able to figure out that the problem was come from the following code. # ifdef WIN32 # if defined(MPSC_EXPORT) # define MPSC_API __declspec( dllexport ) # elif defined(MPSC_IMPORT) # define MPSC_API __declspec( dllimport ) # else /* for st...

Problem with log in to Vista
I've got a problem with my Vista (Home Premium) I tried to log in in the morning and this problem occured - all of my desktop icons (same goes to wallpaper) vanished, my Windows taskbar won't open and I can only browse my computer through one explorer window that popped out during a log in (I can browse all the areas/hdd's of my pc) I scanned my OS with AVG antivir but the problem still occurs. It's been 8 months since I install the system (and i've got all the updates) and I never had a problem like this before. What is it? Is it a virus or any other piece of m...

Weekday Problem
I am trying to create weekdays in cells from a date cell and want the weekday cells to give me back the day of the month as a day number only from that date that I enter over a specific number of cells. I also want to have the days fill in automatically over certain period of cell. Help...Thanks so much what a great forum... -- deanholmes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deanholmes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533048 I don'...

otomatik doldurma #2
otomatik doldurma i┼člevini klavyeden yapabilirmiyim? ...

request to solve my problem #7
hello friends this is vijay,i got a problem while doing my project based on vc++ (i.e)"How to implement Fit Window feature in VC++6.0 in an MDI Application" if any of you got any idea about that please do reply me with the proceedure.i will be waiting for your reply bye with regards vijayprasadreddy What do u want to fit...? a bitmap...? then use StrechBlt() API Reddy plz be specific ur problem...ok.. Tony Cochin "vijay" <ramuvijayreddy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138621253.961315.99210@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hello friends this ...