Windows XP Home SP2 and Outlook 2002 with Word as editor

I have Windows XP home one my machine and run the Windows XP Service PAck 2
froma a CD Supplied by Microsoft. after the upgrade everything was working as
normal until the Automatic update that took place on Thursday 14th October
which included the following:-

Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service PAck 2 (KB885884) and
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP SP2 (KB834707)

After this I had problems with Outlook not recognising Word as my e-mail
editor and even after performing the fix as set out in Article ID 319796 I
still have no joy with Outlokk and Word.
0
RSA1 (5)

Question about Tasks in Outlook
I'm new at this so bear with me I'm trying to figure out how to assign a task that needs to go to multiple individuals. I need to track the time it takes each person in my office to do their piece of a project. Their part of the project is not done using any MS software. I need to be able to create a project, put due dates on it, assign it to a person, and have them fill in the completion date/time for their part of the project. Then they need to be able to send it to the next person. Each project will generally have the same number of steps. Any ideas? Thanks How about you gi...

Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message
I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project on vista and open the designer, I get the following message : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme. GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero \Aero.msstyles for the theme name. at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName() Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :) Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having ...

Outlook 2003 Outbox #5
I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I compose and send emails without a copy going into Outbox? "gatordawg" <james.butts@oracle.com> wrote in message news:1171819936.194411.7800@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every > newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me > to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I c...

outlook 2003 automatic send receive does not receive all emails
I have 80 users using outlook 2003 with windows XP. When the user press the send/receive button stacks on "send/receive status ##%". Even at sending... Sometimes the outlook completes the send/receive and the user doesn't receive all the emails. If I go on OWA there are new emails that the user didn\t download even though the send/receive is complete. to resolve for the moment the problem, the users have to close the outlook, open it again and then either automatic send/receive or manually they receive the new emails. I checked all windows and office upd...

Outlook
I have gone "brain dead". Using Office XP Pro I have set up multiple users for e-mail requiring a selection of users at the opening of Outlook. This allows individual e-mail files. I am attempting to duplicate this and I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Dick ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

Windows Vista

word count
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The word count in the status bar at the bottom of my document keeps disappearing. How do I get it back ... and keep it there? I'm an author and this word count is very important. I need to get a word count at different locations in the document. Help. Word> Preferences> View, tick the checkbox for Live Word Count. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 6/3/09 9:51 PM, in article 59b75e22.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "meredith140@officeformac.com" <meredith140@officeformac.com> wrote: ...

export outlook to outlook
Is there a way to export or import Outlook 2002 settings to another Outlook 2002 program on a second computer in a home network? The Operating system on both computers is Windows XP Profesional. If the settings cannot be exported or imported, what other method is there to move the settings? Regards, Gary ...

Outlook 2003 and VPN
We are connecting to an Exchange 2003 server on a Win 2K server with Outlook 2003 clients. I want to set up outlook to automatically connect to a VPN when they open Outlook. Right now are remote users have to connect to their ISP, Connect to VPN, open Outlook. I would like them to be able to just connect to there isp and than open Outlook and have Outlook extablish the VPN. Thanks ...

open windows

Outlook password
We have a setup of Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 and OWA as clients supported .Need to know if there is a way of tracking when a user has changed his Outlook 2003 password. On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:50:01 -0700, "gwmon" <gwmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a setup of Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 and OWA as clients >supported .Need to know if there is a way of tracking when a user has changed >his Outlook 2003 password. There isn't an Outlook password. It's your Active Directory password. Try the AD groups for auditing. ...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Converting back to Outlook 2007 for Outlook 2010
Good Day All; I am currently running Outlook 2010 (Office 2010) and if I remember correctly, the bata version runs out in October (?) this year. DOes anyone know of any problems and the solutions to reverting back to Outlook 2007 andkeeping all files? Thanks Chomp Your are correct about the time frame and yes, you can roll back to Office 2007 from the beta of Office 2010. Your steps would be to uninstall the Office 2010 family beta (and all other beta components [e.g. connector if you where using it for Hotmail access.]) via add/remove programs. Install Office 2007, it...

Uninstalling PowerShell in Vista Home to upgrade to Vista Ultimate
I have Vista Home on a Dell studio laptop. I have just reinstalled this after a HD replacement. I am trying to upgrade to Vista Ultimate. A Compatibility check during the start of the upgrade says to uninstall Windows PowerShell. I went to the microsoft support site for guidance. I am unable to see PowerShell or its KB in the list of installed updates as the guidance said I should see. Hence, I am unable to select it to uninstall. The list of installed updates only says "Update for Microsoft Windows" or "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows." How can I get it to show ...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

outlook refresh issues
it seems that some of my users have started to call the techs and asking them about refreshing rates in outlook. they are saying that sometimes emials will sit in the outbox until they actively click something in their own inbox and outlook refreshes. another user said that she can sit there and watch her inbox for hours and nothing will show up, as soon as she clicks on an old message, or the folder view, or a new message, all the emails start flowing in. time/smtp stamps are fine... nothing on the exchange server's logs. Do you guys have any ideas? thanks! pittspeed <turbovw18@...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Slipstream 2003 SP2?
Is there any way to slipstream Exchange 2003 SP2 onto an Exchange 2003 CD? We're on Select and have Exchange 2003 media, and 2003 SP2 media but no 2003 with SP2 media. cheers, Paul Nope, this has never been possible AFAIK and I still don't think it is with SP2. :( -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Paul Hutchings" <paul@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:Xns975B83A2CA8D0paulspamcopnet@207.46.248.16... > Is there any way to slipstream Exchange 2003 SP2 onto an Exchange 2003 CD? > > We're on Select and have Exchange 2003 media, and 2003 SP2 media but no ...

Making a web link that will generate an Outlook event
Hello I'd like to create a link on our intranet site (where EVERYONE uses outlook) that will create an event on the person's outlook calendar when they click on it. Does anyone know of a format for a link like this? Also, what other things can you do with HTML links and Outlook? Thanks, -----------S Create the appointment in Outlook, save it as an iCalendar .ics file, = copy that file to your web site, and post a link to that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and M...