Windows Vista - Windows Explorer and Search

I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me.

I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's
Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it
says:

Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other'

What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use
Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since
more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't
want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the
'Show E-mail' search above!

With Vista Ultimate, I'll be using Office/Outlook 2007 (with password
protected PST file.

Can someone explain how the above searches actually work? Is all email
searched and displayed?

Thanks .

I'm not sure where this menu appears, however, if you intend to use XP or
Vista with more than one user you can have seperate accounts set as private,
therefore all your documents (documents and settings/username folder) will
not be accessable to non-administrators and this is the default place for
PST files.

"TGS" <zctgsDELETE_THIS@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me.
>
> I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's
> Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it
> says:
>
> Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other'
>
> What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use
> Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since
> more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't
> want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the
> 'Show E-mail' search above!
>
> With Vista Ultimate, I'll be using Office/Outlook 2007 (with password
> protected PST file.
>
> Can someone explain how the above searches actually work? Is all email
> searched and displayed?
>
> Thanks .

0
OS

Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message
I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project on vista and open the designer, I get the following message : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme. GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero \Aero.msstyles for the theme name. at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName() Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :) Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having ...

Search and filter mutiple vaules
Hello I've got a spreadsheet that I need to search on a part number and get it's price, however there may be multiple part numbers, and the determining factor would be the revision of that part. such as ... Part number Rev Price 1234 A 13.00 1787 G 16.50 1234 B 15.00 using the .find method, is there a way to do a search for a part number, and if multiples are found, get the one that has the latest rev? Thanks If you're partnumbers/revision data is sorted nicely, you could use ....

[Beta] Zero Search Results Message
I just conducted a search - it happens a lot these days, because I can't readily find anything at all with this crazy sortiment - and this was the result: http://cid-275b34cd4fcbe487.office.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots/WLMail^_Beta^_No^_Search^_Results.PNG (if that works). Anyway, the message told me that no items matched my search and advised me thus: "On the 'View' menu, point to 'Current View', and then click 'Show all messages'." I'm lost in the jungle again. -- Noel "Ildhund" wrote in message news:#iRSdBDNLHA.1172@TK2MSFTN...

Searching free email account provider with POP3 AND SMTP (!!!!) access
I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent spammers) would be ok. I have seen some lists of such services but most of them do NOT provide SMTP access (!) although claimed! Thomas Thomas Hansen <thans2000@gmx.net> wrote: > I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts > with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent > spammers) would be ok. Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bfree+%2Bpop+%2Bsmtp -- Brian Tillman POP3 is how in...

Uninstalling PowerShell in Vista Home to upgrade to Vista Ultimate
I have Vista Home on a Dell studio laptop. I have just reinstalled this after a HD replacement. I am trying to upgrade to Vista Ultimate. A Compatibility check during the start of the upgrade says to uninstall Windows PowerShell. I went to the microsoft support site for guidance. I am unable to see PowerShell or its KB in the list of installed updates as the guidance said I should see. Hence, I am unable to select it to uninstall. The list of installed updates only says "Update for Microsoft Windows" or "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows." How can I get it to show ...

Search for records with no matching foreign key
I have two tables that are linked by primary and foreign keys which are tblClubs (Primary) and tblmembers (Foreign) and a One to Many relationship. I also have a form with the master table being tblClubs and a sub form for the tblmembers. How can I create a query that only show the records of the tblClubs that don't have a matching foreign key in the tblmembers. Is this possible Thanks Little Penny Sure. Access comes with an Unmatched Query wizard. Where to find the wizard depends on the version of Access. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Stron...

How do you add the "search" blank box into a Publisher website des
How do you add the "search" blank box into a Publisher website design? Is there a special navigation tool button that I need to insert? Once again, you will use the insert html code fragment feature to insert a code fragment from a third party such as Google search, to create a site search feature. DavidF "ardelle" <ardelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4B2D4F9-CCFE-40A9-AEB6-041A70DCFDC5@microsoft.com... > How do you add the "search" blank box into a Publisher website design? Is > there a special navigation tool button that ...

Search Folders missing mail
If I create a Search Folder using "mail from people and lists" it doesn't find any of my mail in Deleted Items. Any ideas why? I'm using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks Andy Andy Krafft <andy.krafft@xtranet.co.uk> wrote: > If I create a Search Folder using "mail from people and lists" it > doesn't find any of my mail in Deleted Items. Not even if you create a custom search folder? Works for me. I just tried it. New>Search Folder>Custom Search Folder. Make sure you include the "Deleted Items" folder. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can i use money 98 at Vista ??
anyone got indea of this? cause i found that the 98 can't run in the Vista!! What's the exact problem you see? Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "JJ" <j@J.com> wrote in message news:O0MJWb2yHHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > anyone got indea of this? > cause i found that the...

Explore menu folders in excel
Hi, I'm trying to make a spreadsheet of folders (just the name of the folder) from explore of the start menu and copy it into excel. I have hundreds of different folders. So I was wanting to know if there was a quick way of doing this? Tammy ...

Spotlight Search Glitch
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to use the spotlight search in my Entourage Exchange Account, however when I search there are no results. I have a large amount of emails which I both receive and send out so there is no reason why the search should come up empty. I have tried installing Microsoft Office 2008 again and ran the updates, still the issue remains. Everything looks to be fine with the account and all preferences. There are no issues with the network and I'm pretty sure it's nothing silly which I...

Allen Browne Search Code
Hi, I have tried a couple of the extremely useful search options furnished by Allen Browne, but am encountering one problem. I have a main form, with a sub form and a sub-sub form. On the sub-sub form, I am trying to search for a specific ppt number that I would like to enter in a text control. If a matching record is found, I would like to make it the active record. If not, I would like a message to display indicating that it was not found. The problem is that the 1st subform filters by a dwelling id to display only the ppts that reside in that particular dwelling in the 2nd subfor...

Take a look at the correction pack for Internet Explorer
--kyqdpbmjgtnwd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rifvwxfbay"; type="multipart/alternative" --rifvwxfbay Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ownmvybapkzrry" --ownmvybapkzrry Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Printing all sheets from Explorer
Hi NG. I have about 100 different workbooks. Normally I would like to print maybe 25 to 50 of them at the same time. I would like to do that from Explorer, so that I avoid opening all of these workbooks. The problem is, doing this, it only print the first (active) sheet in each wokbook, and I like to have all sheets from all selected workbooks printed. Can this be done in any way? Jan "Jan Kronsell" wrote in message news:#sULD5xgGHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl > Hi NG. > > I have about 100 different workbooks. Normally I would like to print maybe > 25 to 50 of ...

Searching #2
I haven't been very succesful at using Outlook's "Advanced Find" tool. It simply doesn't seem to work very well. Here's an example: Let's say you get a lot of emails from various customers at a hypothetical domain called "thedomain.com" and you want to find these emails. Use Advance Find Go to "Advance" tab Select the "From" field Select the "contains" condition Type "@thedomain.com" (no quotes) in the "Value" field Add to list Browse for desired folder and choose to search subfolders if appropriate...

Internet Explorer Patch
Hi, I am trying to find out if this is a legitimate e-mail that I keep getting it says that it is coming from Microsoft<security@microsoft.com>. My internet provider is holding it for a potential virus. It says I need to download this patch immediately. Does anyone know if this is a virus or not? Laura, ANY attachment that claims to come from Microsoft is a virus. MS NEVER emails patches out to users. The only way to get a patch from MS is via Windows Update or directly from the MS web site. Anything that comes via email is a virus. MS has never and will never email patches, pro...

Search Macro
Is there a macro of function I can use to find key words or statements on a worksheet, similat to the Find (goggles) icon? Many thanks. Try the below...If you are looking for a whole cell match; then change LookAt to xlWhole Sub Macro() Dim varFound As Variant, varSearch As Variant varSearch = InputBox("Find string") Set varFound = Cells.Find(varSearch, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart) If Not varFound Is Nothing Then varFound.Activate End If End Sub -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Eán" wrote: > Is there a macro of function I can us...

I can't even get Outlook 2007 installed on VISTA
Hi everyone. I'm getting really frustrated. Since early December of last year I have been trying to install Outlook 2007 on my Vista machine. EVERY time I try, I receive an ERROR 1406. Error 1406. Setup cannot write the value to the registry key \SketchObj.SketchInk. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS see C:\Users\Edward~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Setup00000408\PSS10R.CHM. I have posted this question before. But maybe it wasn't ...

Internet Explorer History
HI all I want to delete Internet Explorer's history , for this using method ClearHistory of IUrlHistoryStg2 interface. the code that i am using is as follows HRESULT hRes; IUrlHistoryStg2* pUrlHistoryStg2 = NULL; CoInitialize(NULL); hRes = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CUrlHistory, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IUrlHistoryStg2, (void**)&pUrlHistoryStg2); if(SUCCEEDED(hRes)) { hRes = pUrlHistoryStg2 -> ClearHistory(); } MessageBox("History is Cleaned"); here the function succeeded bu does not clear the history. Please suggest me how to clear histo...

Internet Explorer 8 #2
After I publish my website if the user is using internet explorer 8 they cannot see te menu on the website. It works fine on other versions of explorer? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issued to fix it for Pub 2007. Reference: Navigation bars and other content is missing from ...

M2006 under Vista RC2
I bought M2006 online/download a while ago. Under Vista RC2, when I install the webinstall package and log in with my passport credentials it tells me that it needs to download more software (basically it upgrades from the Trial version to the full version). When I click OK it tells me: "Your Money software requires an update. Before you can install the update, you need to close Money, log on to Windows as a member of the Administrators group and then restart Money" The account I am using is a member of the Administrator group - and it's the only one on this machine. Any ...

find/search
I would like to record a command in a macro that finds the next blank row in a database. Any ideas? Sub nextblankrow() x = ActiveCell.End(xlDown).row+1 'for row number 'x = ActiveCell.End(xlDown).Offset(1).Address 'for address MsgBox x End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Juli" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15CFCEB1-A57D-47D0-8F5E-AD6A7782BB60@microsoft.com... > I would like to record a command in a macro that finds the next blank row in a database. Any ideas? Why do you wan to select??? If to copy, etc th...

search multiple pst files
Is there a way to search more than one pst file at at a time, i.e. if you have more than one open at the time? Not directly, there are some 3rd party tools that allow that such as 80-20 Retriever, but nothing built into Outlook. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "JMC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23pJWax2MEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there ...

Multi-Search results into One Table
Hi All! I'm up for a bit of advice again!! You guys totally helped me out about a year ago! http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access-forms/42886/Create-a-Search-using-Surnames-Firstnames-and-Invoice-Numbers#1163066276113601211570m73g2000cwdgooglegroupscom And now I'm up for some help again!! PLEASE!!! I have got a form which I need to search the following data: Surname - Fistname - Invoice Number. The search button I've got at the moment is a search textbox combined with the following query:- Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*" Re...

2nd search box not sort properly after using 1st search box
I have 2 combo boxes on a continuse form. One to search name and Other to search Department. Private Sub cboFind_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Me.OrderBy = "" Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Last Name] = '" & Me![cboFind] & "' AND [First Name] = '" & Me![cboFind].Column(1) & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.cboFind.BackColor = -2147483633 Me.Last_Name.SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cboDepartment_AfterUpdate() ...