Windows Mail & Microsoft Outlook

I want to use Windows Mail for all my emails etc. but each time I try and
send any attachments Microsoft Outlook 2007 keeps popping up instead.  How do
I disable Outlook so that I can use Windows Mail properly?
--
patinT
0

is windows mail set as the default in control panel, internet options and in
Mail's tools, options?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to use Windows Mail for all my emails etc. but each time I try and
> send any attachments Microsoft Outlook 2007 keeps popping up instead.  How
> do
> I disable Outlook so that I can use Windows Mail properly?
> --
> patinT

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/28/2008 1:05:08 AM
Looking in the Control Panel under Mail it says Outlook but I cannot see
where I can change it.  On the Options in Tools on Mail the make default is
greyed out and I cannot change it.
--
patinT

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

> is windows mail set as the default in control panel, internet options and in
> Mail's tools, options?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to use Windows Mail for all my emails etc. but each time I try and
> > send any attachments Microsoft Outlook 2007 keeps popping up instead.  How
> > do
> > I disable Outlook so that I can use Windows Mail properly?
> > --
> > patinT

0
PatT (4)
4/28/2008 1:39:04 AM
that's just for outlook. go to Internet options and set the default there.
Also look in Mail's tools, options for the default client setting.

--

> Looking in the Control Panel under Mail it says Outlook but I cannot see
> where I can change it.  On the Options in Tools on Mail the make default
> is
> greyed out and I cannot change it.
> --
> patinT
>

> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
>
>> is windows mail set as the default in control panel, internet options and
>> in
>> Mail's tools, options?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I want to use Windows Mail for all my emails etc. but each time I try
>> > and
>> > send any attachments Microsoft Outlook 2007 keeps popping up instead.
>> > How
>> > do
>> > I disable Outlook so that I can use Windows Mail properly?
>> > --
>> > patinT

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/28/2008 2:01:34 AM
BTW - that is Windows Mail's Tools. options menu or look in control panel,
Internet options - this is the same dialog you'll get in IE's tools,
options.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> that's just for outlook. go to Internet options and set the default there.
> Also look in Mail's tools, options for the default client setting.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Looking in the Control Panel under Mail it says Outlook but I cannot see
>> where I can change it.  On the Options in Tools on Mail the make default
>> is
>> greyed out and I cannot change it.
>> --
>> patinT
>>

>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
>>
>>> is windows mail set as the default in control panel, internet options
>>> and in
>>> Mail's tools, options?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/28/2008 2:43:12 AM
Well I don't know what I did but it is all working now.  Outlook doesn't even
show.  I tried all you suggested but had no look so I just went through
everyhting and as I said it is working.
Now I do have on other problem - a lot of times I can't get on to Windows
Mail unless I restart the computer and then I get an error message "The
instruction at 0x04ab269d reference memory at 0x0000006.  The memory could
not be written."
Could you,, or someone help me with this please?
Thank you.
--
patinT

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

> BTW - that is Windows Mail's Tools. options menu or look in control panel,
> Internet options - this is the same dialog you'll get in IE's tools,
> options.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> > that's just for outlook. go to Internet options and set the default there.
> > Also look in Mail's tools, options for the default client setting.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >

> > "PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Looking in the Control Panel under Mail it says Outlook but I cannot see
> >> where I can change it.  On the Options in Tools on Mail the make default
> >> is
> >> greyed out and I cannot change it.
> >> --
> >> patinT

0
PatT (4)
4/28/2008 3:14:01 AM
PatT <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Now I do have on other problem - a lot of times I can't get on to
> Windows Mail unless I restart the computer and then I get an error
> message "The instruction at 0x04ab269d reference memory at 0x0000006.
> The memory could not be written."
> Could you,, or someone help me with this please?

Ask in microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail.  This newsgroup deals only with
Office Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
4/28/2008 11:53:03 AM
That could be almost anything - the Mail experts might know more (or it
could be a windows problem) - start with the mail group at
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

--

> Well I don't know what I did but it is all working now.  Outlook doesn't
> even
> show.  I tried all you suggested but had no look so I just went through
> everyhting and as I said it is working.
> Now I do have on other problem - a lot of times I can't get on to Windows
> Mail unless I restart the computer and then I get an error message "The
> instruction at 0x04ab269d reference memory at 0x0000006.  The memory could
> not be written."
> Could you,, or someone help me with this please?
> Thank you.
> --
> patinT
>

> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
>
>> BTW - that is Windows Mail's Tools. options menu or look in control
>> panel,
>> Internet options - this is the same dialog you'll get in IE's tools,
>> options.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>> > that's just for outlook. go to Internet options and set the default
>> > there.
>> > Also look in Mail's tools, options for the default client setting.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>> >
>> > Outlook Tips by email:
>> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>> >
>> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>> >

>> > "PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)
4/28/2008 12:37:52 PM
Google is your friend, try researching your problem here as well:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=Windows+Mail+problems

--
marx404

_________________
> That could be almost anything - the Mail experts might know more (or it
> could be a windows problem) - start with the mail group at
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "PatT" <PatT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Well I don't know what I did but it is all working now.  Outlook doesn't
>> even
>> show.  I tried all you suggested but had no look so I just went through
>> everyhting and as I said it is working.
>> Now I do have on other problem - a lot of times I can't get on to Windows
>> Mail unless I restart the computer and then I get an error message "The
>> instruction at 0x04ab269d reference memory at 0x0000006.  The memory
>> could
>> not be written."
>> Could you,, or someone help me with this please?
>> Thank you.
>> --
>> patinT
>>

>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
>>
>>> BTW - that is Windows Mail's Tools. options menu or look in control
>>> panel,
>>> Internet options - this is the same dialog you'll get in IE's tools,
>>> options.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message

0
marx404

reinstalling windows

Outlook
I have gone "brain dead". Using Office XP Pro I have set up multiple users for e-mail requiring a selection of users at the opening of Outlook. This allows individual e-mail files. I am attempting to duplicate this and I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Dick ...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

open windows

Outlook 2003 and VPN
We are connecting to an Exchange 2003 server on a Win 2K server with Outlook 2003 clients. I want to set up outlook to automatically connect to a VPN when they open Outlook. Right now are remote users have to connect to their ISP, Connect to VPN, open Outlook. I would like them to be able to just connect to there isp and than open Outlook and have Outlook extablish the VPN. Thanks ...

Converting back to Outlook 2007 for Outlook 2010
Good Day All; I am currently running Outlook 2010 (Office 2010) and if I remember correctly, the bata version runs out in October (?) this year. DOes anyone know of any problems and the solutions to reverting back to Outlook 2007 andkeeping all files? Thanks Chomp Your are correct about the time frame and yes, you can roll back to Office 2007 from the beta of Office 2010. Your steps would be to uninstall the Office 2010 family beta (and all other beta components [e.g. connector if you where using it for Hotmail access.]) via add/remove programs. Install Office 2007, it...

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

outlook refresh issues
it seems that some of my users have started to call the techs and asking them about refreshing rates in outlook. they are saying that sometimes emials will sit in the outbox until they actively click something in their own inbox and outlook refreshes. another user said that she can sit there and watch her inbox for hours and nothing will show up, as soon as she clicks on an old message, or the folder view, or a new message, all the emails start flowing in. time/smtp stamps are fine... nothing on the exchange server's logs. Do you guys have any ideas? thanks! pittspeed <turbovw18@...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Outlook Outbox 01-30-10
I tried to send an email and when it didn't leave the outbox, I deleted it. But, the email will not move out of the outbox area. I have tried to delete it over and over again with no success. Any suggestions? ( I am using Outlook 2010 beta ). Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Try posting to an Office 2010 group: Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Darrell Gow" <d...

Windows recovery console