Windows installer starts all the times I open Outlook

I found a trila version of Outlook 2007 in the kit of a PDA. I installed it
and I bought the code to make it permanent from MS. But all the times I open
O. Windows installer starts as if it had to finish the installation. My OS
is Vista Premium.
Can someone help me?
Thans.
Giovanni

0
audiator (3)

what happens if you let it finish?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"AIOE" <audiator@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:fksh51$q50$1@aioe.org...
> I found a trila version of Outlook 2007 in the kit of a PDA. I installed
> it and I bought the code to make it permanent from MS. But all the times I
> open O. Windows installer starts as if it had to finish the installation.
> My OS is Vista Premium.
> Can someone help me?
> Thans.
> Giovanni

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/26/2007 3:58:11 AM
It runs regularly, but I think this continuous installation isn't normal at
all.
Thanks.
Giovanni
"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> what happens if you let it finish?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "AIOE" <audiator@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:fksh51$q50$1@aioe.org...
>> I found a trila version of Outlook 2007 in the kit of a PDA. I installed
>> it and I bought the code to make it permanent from MS. But all the times
>> I open O. Windows installer starts as if it had to finish the
>> installation. My OS is Vista Premium.
>> Can someone help me?
>> Thans.
>> Giovanni

0
audiator (3)
12/26/2007 5:58:30 AM
it's not normal... but typically when the installer files are corrupt if you
let it finish its ok for that program.

if it keeps recycling the same program see

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"AIOE" <audiator@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:fksqif$it0$1@aioe.org...
> It runs regularly, but I think this continuous installation isn't normal
> at all.
> Thanks.
> Giovanni
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> what happens if you let it finish?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "AIOE" <audiator@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:fksh51$q50$1@aioe.org...
>>> I found a trila version of Outlook 2007 in the kit of a PDA. I installed
>>> it and I bought the code to make it permanent from MS. But all the times
>>> I open O. Windows installer starts as if it had to finish the
>>> installation. My OS is Vista Premium.
>>> Can someone help me?
>>> Thans.
>>> Giovanni

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/26/2007 3:41:56 PM
> it's not normal... but typically when the installer files are corrupt if
> you let it finish its ok for that program.
>
> if it keeps recycling the same program see

> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "AIOE" <audiator@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:fksqif$it0$1@aioe.org...
>> It runs regularly, but I think this continuous installation isn't normal
>> at all.
>> Thanks.
>> Giovanni
>> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> what happens if you let it finish?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "AIOE" <audiator@yahoo.it> wrote in message

Thank you again.
I knew this utility and I used it without any improvement for my problem.
Giovanni

0
audiator (3)

Outlook 2003 Outbox #5
I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I compose and send emails without a copy going into Outbox? "gatordawg" <james.butts@oracle.com> wrote in message news:1171819936.194411.7800@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every > newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me > to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I c...

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

MMC error on opening exchange system manager
I get an error when opening: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC. then I click to report or continue, if continue it opens up but you cant get into anything, in the right bigger window it says MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might have not been installed correctly. Name: Exchange System CLSID: 1b600aea-10ba-11d2-9f28-00c04fa37610 It has been working for a month fine, HELP! ...

reinstalling windows

Outlook
I have gone "brain dead". Using Office XP Pro I have set up multiple users for e-mail requiring a selection of users at the opening of Outlook. This allows individual e-mail files. I am attempting to duplicate this and I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Dick ...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

open windows

Outlook 2003 and VPN
We are connecting to an Exchange 2003 server on a Win 2K server with Outlook 2003 clients. I want to set up outlook to automatically connect to a VPN when they open Outlook. Right now are remote users have to connect to their ISP, Connect to VPN, open Outlook. I would like them to be able to just connect to there isp and than open Outlook and have Outlook extablish the VPN. Thanks ...

Can't install Exchange System Manager 2003..
Hi, The OS is Windows Server 2003 SP1 (only 1 partition, the free disk space is only 8 GB) and actually what I'm trying to do is to have a mailbox for a user from Domain B but the Exchange 2003 is in Domain A. Domain A (domainA.hq.com) and B (domainB.hq.com) are under one forest. I have checked some of the emails that were sent to this newsgroup and they suggested that I just need to install the Exchange System Manager on Domain B but I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard (Exchange 2003 Std Edt CD). I'm stuck ...

Converting back to Outlook 2007 for Outlook 2010
Good Day All; I am currently running Outlook 2010 (Office 2010) and if I remember correctly, the bata version runs out in October (?) this year. DOes anyone know of any problems and the solutions to reverting back to Outlook 2007 andkeeping all files? Thanks Chomp Your are correct about the time frame and yes, you can roll back to Office 2007 from the beta of Office 2010. Your steps would be to uninstall the Office 2010 family beta (and all other beta components [e.g. connector if you where using it for Hotmail access.]) via add/remove programs. Install Office 2007, it...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

For the Third Time
Once again, if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. First, I need to know how if it possible to empty the mailbox store. I cannot clean it, defrag it, or run any of the included tools with this in order to get the 16gb capacity freed up so I can actually do work on it. If it is possible to empty this, please advise me on how to do it. I have all email clients connecting to an outside POP3 provider till this is worked out. Second, why would a 16gb container get filled in less than 2 days? Is it a spam issue that we are having, or what could be the problem? How do I ...

a previously saved page wont open now in PUBLISHER
I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used to open up on demand. Now when I try to open it it comes up with the message "Publisher cannot open this page". I have tried several times to no avail. All other pages open up as required. Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "winlucy" <winlucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51A89093-3241-4B91-8DAB-D10FE49A62DC@microsoft.com... >I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used t...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

outlook refresh issues
it seems that some of my users have started to call the techs and asking them about refreshing rates in outlook. they are saying that sometimes emials will sit in the outbox until they actively click something in their own inbox and outlook refreshes. another user said that she can sit there and watch her inbox for hours and nothing will show up, as soon as she clicks on an old message, or the folder view, or a new message, all the emails start flowing in. time/smtp stamps are fine... nothing on the exchange server's logs. Do you guys have any ideas? thanks! pittspeed <turbovw18@...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Opening Files*
When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find it etc. How do I set up so files automatically open in the program they were saved on? Thank If you save all your excel files in a particular folder you set the default through Tools > Options then under the general tab. Type the path to the folder that you wish and when you select open excel will open tht folder. Is this what you meant? regards Murray >-----Original Message----- >When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find i...

Windows recovery console