Please help,

Outlook stoped recieving emails and said the problem was the
Outlook.pst file.

1st. I tried reloading Office 2000 "did not help"

2nd. I deleted the Outlook.pst file on my windows 98 Computer running
Office 2000 thru windows explorer The file was too large for the
recycle bin and I chose delete.

3rd. Then I tried re installing office 2000 again and it did not
reinstall the "outlook.pst file"

Now I know that all my emails were in that .pst

I have tried FINAL DATA 2.0 recovery software thru another hard drive
and had no success finding the .pst file, where did it go? is it a
hidden file? how do I recover all the information that I deleted ?

Thank you in advance,
Doug
tooned@earthlink.net
0
tooned (1)

Your emails are gone forever. You will not be able to find it, once it has
been permanently deleted.

"Doug" <tooned@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Please help,
>
> Outlook stoped recieving emails and said the problem was the
> Outlook.pst file.
>
> 1st. I tried reloading Office 2000 "did not help"
>
> 2nd. I deleted the Outlook.pst file on my windows 98 Computer running
> Office 2000 thru windows explorer The file was too large for the
> recycle bin and I chose delete.
>
> 3rd. Then I tried re installing office 2000 again and it did not
> reinstall the "outlook.pst file"
>
> Now I know that all my emails were in that .pst
>
> I have tried FINAL DATA 2.0 recovery software thru another hard drive
> and had no success finding the .pst file, where did it go? is it a
> hidden file? how do I recover all the information that I deleted ?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Doug
> tooned@earthlink.net

Converting Pulisher 98 files to work with Publisher 97
Can anyone help me with this. I did some work from home with Publisher 2003 and saved as Publisher 98. I thought that's what we had at work, but just found out we have Publisher 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, June Send me the file, I will convert it for you. It will lose formatting somewhat. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "June G." <JuneG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A2C930C-A716-4C3A-A171-365E113E002B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me...

Windows live mail

reinstalling windows

Outlook
I have gone "brain dead". Using Office XP Pro I have set up multiple users for e-mail requiring a selection of users at the opening of Outlook. This allows individual e-mail files. I am attempting to duplicate this and I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Dick ...

Windows Vista

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

open windows

Outlook 2003 and VPN
We are connecting to an Exchange 2003 server on a Win 2K server with Outlook 2003 clients. I want to set up outlook to automatically connect to a VPN when they open Outlook. Right now are remote users have to connect to their ISP, Connect to VPN, open Outlook. I would like them to be able to just connect to there isp and than open Outlook and have Outlook extablish the VPN. Thanks ...

Converting back to Outlook 2007 for Outlook 2010
Good Day All; I am currently running Outlook 2010 (Office 2010) and if I remember correctly, the bata version runs out in October (?) this year. DOes anyone know of any problems and the solutions to reverting back to Outlook 2007 andkeeping all files? Thanks Chomp Your are correct about the time frame and yes, you can roll back to Office 2007 from the beta of Office 2010. Your steps would be to uninstall the Office 2010 family beta (and all other beta components [e.g. connector if you where using it for Hotmail access.]) via add/remove programs. Install Office 2007, it...

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

outlook refresh issues
it seems that some of my users have started to call the techs and asking them about refreshing rates in outlook. they are saying that sometimes emials will sit in the outbox until they actively click something in their own inbox and outlook refreshes. another user said that she can sit there and watch her inbox for hours and nothing will show up, as soon as she clicks on an old message, or the folder view, or a new message, all the emails start flowing in. time/smtp stamps are fine... nothing on the exchange server's logs. Do you guys have any ideas? thanks! pittspeed <turbovw18@...

Deploying Exchange 2010 on 2000 AD
Hello: I currently have a 2000 AD network. I need to deploy Exchange 2010 as soon as I can. With my 2000 AD this is not possible. Due to my need to deploy quickly I was thinking I could do the following: 1. Deploy a 2008 AD 2. Create a trust relationshipe between the 2000 & 2008 domains 3. Deploy Exchange 2010 on the 2008 domain 4. Migrate mailboxes from the Exchange server on the 2000 domain to the new 2010 Exchange server. Is this possible? If so does anyone know of any TechNet docs on it? Thanks Harrison ...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Error message trying to recover deleted items
User receives the following error going into 'Recover Deleted Items', then Outlook closes: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. Any ideas? Let me know. Thanks. ...

Windows recovery console

Outlook removal and reinstalling
I posted the message below earlier today 15.09 and so far no replies, as a last resort I will have to delete outlook and reistall it, can anyone explain how I can do this as I cannot see it listed in my add/remove programs in the control panel, also I have mails in the index and sent folders that I would like to save but I do not know how. Thanks in advance John I am using Outlook 2000 SP 3 9.0.0.6627 and have been using a free version of Cloudmark spamnet for a while, I have been asked to subscribe but have not done so. Today whilst downloading my e mail, the computer made a noise l...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...