Will not work

I just opened Outlook to start using it and everytime I click send/receive it says operation failed. Object not found. What does that mean? And i can't send/rec mail. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled and a message came up about access and obdc md access. Please help
0
Michelle (113)

it sounds like the address book is missing.

Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just opened Outlook to start using it and everytime I click send/receive
>it says operation failed. Object not found. What does that mean? And i
>can't send/rec mail. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled and a message
>came up about access and obdc md access. Please help

0
dianenws (1904)

Document hyperlink doesn't work when offline
On a laptop, I have a template with a hyperlink to a jpg that is an offline file. The hyperlink contains the path \\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg The hyperlink only works if the laptop is logged onto the server containing the original file. I can also access the jpg file directly on the laptop via: PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg since this is also a mapped drive. Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS I tried to change the hyperlink to Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg, but this change does not save. It reverts back to \ \Servern...

Outlook drag and drop not working
I have Outlook 2000 on an XP sp2 PC, and when I try to drag an email message to a folder it just doesnt do it. It doesnt come up with the little symbol underneath. I have removed and re-installed outlook and applied patches but stil lit fails. Anyone seen this before? any ideas? Thanks Define "Just doesn't do it." What error message do you get? What happens if you right click and try the drag and drop? Where is the location you are trying to dro to - local? Network? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due t...

Will reseting workflow lose processes?
We have several rules that have wait statements hence we may have dozens (or more) of processes that are active and waiting. If I need to reset IIS and workflow to add a new custom assembly, will we loose any of those processes that are waiting or will they pick right back up when workflow restarts? Thanks for any answers. Greg they will continue on...restarting IIS and the workflow service will not reset or stop the workflows ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "gstat" <gsergeant@statsoft.com> wrote in mess...

IF Function not working
The first and second IF functions are working, but not the third: =IF(B1<B2,C1*.005,IF(B1>=B2,C1*.01,IF(B1>=B3,C1*.012))) I assume it has something to do with the >= but I don't know another way. Thank you. There is no indication on what action should be taken if B1<B3, the False condition http://HelpExcel.com "sonicj" wrote: > The first and second IF functions are working, but not the third: > =IF(B1<B2,C1*.005,IF(B1>=B2,C1*.01,IF(B1>=B3,C1*.012))) > I assume it has something to do with the >= but I don't know another way. > T...

New mail notification not working
Since I recently removed some software from my computer the New email notification sound is not working. I have checked that there is a tick in the play sound box of the advanced email options. There is a sound allocated to this action in the sounds section of control panel, but the only noise I get is a muted squeak from the internal speaker of my PC. All other sound functions of the computer are OK, I wondered if by removing the said software something has broken in Outlook 2002. I have also tried the detect and repair function but the problem persists. Any solutions would be apprecia...

Getting AdjustWindowRect() to work correctly ???
My current problem is that it fails to account for scrollbars, even when scrollbars are explicitly specified. RECT NewWindowSize; if (!AdjustWindowRect(&NewWindowSize, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_HSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL, TRUE)) AfxMessageBox("AdjustWindowRect() Did Not Work!"); First thing, you should initialize NewWindowRect to the client size that you want. Next call GetLastError() if the function fails to see why it failed. AliR. "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:OIfMh.24797$mJ1.6976@newsfe22.lga... > My current prob...

Please help me on RMS work order
Hi, I work order one voucher item. But am not able to invoice this work order and its showing an error called "Invalid Quantity". Can any one guide me how to work order a voucher item and later invoicing it ???.. Please help as its very urgent -- Anujith Anujith, You cannot put a voucher item on a layaway, a work order or a quote. Only a sale. -- * "Anujith" <Anujith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C2895D6-0FD2-4639-A6FF-82AB02EB7BC6@microsoft.com... Hi, I work order one voucher item. But am not able to invoice this work order and its s...

Formulas sometimes will not work in a Column or cell?
I am perplexed a bit with an annoying problem that is user error I am sure: Most of the time, I can go to a cell and type in =F8+G8 and I get wonderful number that comes out. But other times the output will be "=F8+G8" and the whole column is that way? I think that this is because the column is text format.. so I select the column and format for Numeric- but nothing happens I still get "=F8+G8"- What can I do to format that column so I can do some formulas? Thanks brent You're correct about the cell being formatted as text. But it's not enough to just chang...

Animation only working as an attachment, not embedded in a message
Something very odd has just happened. I made a gif animation (11 frames). Then, in Windows Live Mail (Windows 7): New>Insert>Image>in line to embed it into the body of the message, as I have done many times before, without any problems, using Outlook Express. The file size was 1.53MB. I sent the message to myself to see what it looked like and it arrived as 317KB, meaning it just showed a static image (1 frame), no animation. When I send it as an attachment there is no problem. I sent the embedded version to my husband, who uses Vista and it didn't work there eith...

Primary DC in crash exchange don't work
Hi i have a network with 2 DC (Primary and secondary with exchange 2000 installed on), i have a hardware crash so primary DC don't work, exchange have services stopped, there is a way to make exchange on-line using secondary DC. help me to find a solution, documentation or other. Tia Pupo Is your other DC a Global Catalog? http://www.petri.co.il/configure_a_new_global_catalog.htm "pupo" <123star@libero.it> wrote in message news:OKZslp3kGHA.2200@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > i have a network with 2 DC (Primary and secondary with exchange 2000 > installed...

Will ON 2010 beta expire?
I would like to ask two questions: 1. After the 30 day trial period, what will happen? Will we be not allowed to make any entry anymore and convert back to 2007? 2. Is it possible to convert 2010 beta to 2010 TP version? I used the TP version and converted them to beta version. Can I now convert back to the TP version? The current beta version expires on October 31, 2010. At that point it won't function anymore. If you haven't converted your notebooks to Office 2010 version then you'll be able to reinstall OneNote 2007 and use it if you like. Or you co...

MSP crashes when adding work weeks
Hi As described in a previous help request I have multiple resources who all work different hours each day, different days each week - there is absolutely no pattern to their shifts. They will either be on a day, a 24 hour, a rest day, annual leave or out of area/on a course. I have tried to get around this problem by adding each week and then customising it through work week to their actual shifts. I have successfully added 9 weeks so far but when adding a tenth different work week MSP is consistently crashing every time I try. Is 9 the limit of work weeks I can add? Is...

Publisher, saving work, then opening in a different computer
I am new at this, but how can I save a project on one computer, then either save it on a disc or send as an email attachement that can then be opened on another computer that has Publisher on it and be able to conintue with changes, etc. You can email the file the same way you email any attachment. You can copy the file to a removable disk, the only caveat is before you open the file be certain to copy the file to the local hard drive. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft....

One Note has stopped working after opening the program
I have had OneNote installed on my laptop for about two years and all of the sudden about 6 months ago...it started giving One Note has stopped working right after I opened the program. I have done the diagnostic and they say there are no errors. Do you think there is another program that is interferring with it. I even tried the reinstall repair program and am still having the problem. Cornfused in Iowa wrote: > I have had OneNote installed on my laptop for about two years and all > of the sudden about 6 months ago...it started giving One Note has > stopped working ...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...

Will SOMEBODY Please respond to this post!
I WANNA KNOW: somebody tell me what the hell does this mean: acs = ThresholdDet() I WANNA KNOW: help me figure out why the software is called "Access" AND I WANN KNOW: Is it possible for me to become an MVP? And how do I block messages from a particular user? Is there a way to identify a user's IP address, and block this IP address so that message doesn't show up in my Outlook Express? See below. Trey Davis wrote: > I WANNA KNOW: > > somebody tell me what the hell does this mean: > > acs = ThresholdDet() It means you are setting the variabl...

Auto Accept won't work for single resource
Hi, I have about 25 "resources" in my org and they all work fine through the auto accept script. Today, I'd like to add a resource that completely allows for duplicate entries into the calendar. I thought this would do it but it seems that I am still getting denied when overlaps in scheduling occur. I'd just like this resource to accept everything (yes, even overlapping appointments). I've checked all of the addressing and everything is correct and gone through what the global vs. mailbox settings are and I beilieve I've captured everything. Here is my X...

I would like to make a schedule for my dept. Who works what days .
I am supervisor for a nursing dept. I need to make a schedule for them to follow as to who works when and what shift. I need to be sure they all get the hours that they are required to work. Is there a template that would help me and be able to sort things out in the schedule as well? ...

Adv Filter fails in macro, works manually
I created a form with comboboxes and textboxes so the user could select search criteria. The selections are written to the criteria range of a worksheet. Underneath the criteria range, on the same worksheet, is the extract range. Both ranges include column headers. The code does not give any run-time errors, but neither does it populate the extract range with any data. If I hardcode the criteria--i.e., bypass the form and enter the criteria directly on the spreadsheet--the extract range is populated with all the data, not just the ones with criteria entered. I thought perhaps...

WLM W7 Your Mail Store Will Not Be Moved
I installed Windows 7 and WLM then: 1. Changed the mail store location to a non-boot device directory. 2. Now I get the following message when I terminated WLM: Windows Live Mail was unable to complete the move to the selected location. Your mail store will not be moved. A copy of the mail store was created in the new location but it appears that it isn't being used. I have deleted WLM and re-installed it but I still get the message. I read that the Mail Store must be on the boot device, is that correct? So, how can I get rid of this message? It appears, so...

Money 2003, 2004, 2005 won't actually work for small business
I have been using Money Small Business since 2000. Invoicing is a key to most small businesses. 20 invoices per day is not an unusual amount, but when you add that up over a couple of years it becomes way too many invoices to wade through each time you need to look up an invoice, plus everything becomes extremely slow and unusable because of the speed. Support claims there is no way, and no work around, for archiving invoices. And deleting them is not only very time consuming one-at-a-time, but if you did you would have balances all screwed up all over the place (cash account is lin...

Windows XP will not open up to the meadow picture
I turn on my computer and it shows the Windows XP symbol. Then it goes into the screen that asks to either Safe Mode Last known good configuration starting windows in XX seconds. Then the seconds go to zero and the loop starts again. It has gone on for 20 minutes on its own. What do I do? I tried the solutions that Microsoft suggested and they did not work. Example go to safe mode and last known... Do I understand that it will not go to Safe Mode or will it just not got to last known good configuration? "Pistol pete" <Pistol pete@discussions.microsof...

Money 2004 sounds not working
I upgraded MS Money 2003 to MS Money 2004 on my Windows 2000 machine (as the Administrator). Although I have the Play Sounds option checked, the only sound I get is a beep from my PC speaker when I complete a transaction. That sound is driving me nuts and I can't seem to turn it off (even by muting my PC Speaker in the Volume control). When I go to Change Sounds in the Options dialog box, MS Money does NOT appear in the Sound Events list (which it used to when MS Money 2003 was installed). That means, I can't get any of the sounds to change. How can I get MS Money to appe...

Links in e-mail don't work
If I receive a hyperlink as part of an e-mail, it used to be so that by clicking on it I would open the Internet Explorer and go to wherever the link was pointing at. Now when I click on such links, nothing happens. Anyone can tell me why? "Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uYBS3KaFFHA.3732@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > If I receive a hyperlink as part of an e-mail, it used to > be so that by clicking on it I would open the Internet > Explorer and go to wherever the link was pointing > at. Now when I click on such links, nothing happens. &g...

Will illegal immigrants get deported?.........Of course not.....................