will not let me add my hot mail e-mail

how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look

"stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look

You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account.

0
gordon7598 (483)
8/23/2005 9:16:43 AM
"stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look

And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use?
HTTPmail got added for OL2002/2003, so if you are using OL2000 then you
can't use Hotmail.

If you want to use a local e-mail client (and only Outlook [Express] is
usable) rather than their webmail interface, you have to PAY for that
access.  As of 27-Sep-2004, only prior free accounts got grandfathered in.
All free accounts created thereafter are not allowed WebDAV access (the
scripting language used by Outlook [Express]).  Accounts created after that
date require you PAY for Hotmail to get WebDAV access so you can use your
local e-mail client.

If you don't have an old free account that got grandfathered in, your
choices for new Hotmail accounts are:

- Use their webmail interface with your free account.
- PAY for your Hotmail account to gain WebDAV access to your mailbox.

Or go elsewhere for a free account.  You can use YahooPOPs (a local
HTTP-to-POP3 proxy) to access free Yahoo Mail accounts.  gawab.com offers
free POP3/SMTP e-mail service (I used them for awhile but they have problems
when polling multiple accounts from the same IP address).

E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Need to create e-mail address based on description field of AD
Does anyone know if I can use recipient policy to create an smtp e-mail address based off the description field in AD. If so do they know the syntax. Thanks ahead of time That is not among the few options. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "mitch Roberson" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message news:OSvFrZp5GHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if I can use recipient policy to create an smtp e-mail > address based off the description field in AD. If so do they know the > syntax. > ...

Post Card Mail Merge in Publisher
I am trying to mail merge the 4 view postcard with my database flowing into each card without using the same name in each postcard. How do I connect the Mail merge so that I may print my entire data base? Sherri how about you tell us which version of Windows and Publisher you are using!!! -- ...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

What add in's or linked applications would you like to see?
Hi All I'm a Windows developer and have started developing applications for MS CRM 4.0 for a few customers. I want to try and develop a few small commercial applications, but I want to get a feel for what applications or add-ins for CRM 4.0 people would like to see, or feel would be useful to have. If I create an application suggested by someone, I will let them Beta test with me and also receive a FOC copy when it's finished. Thanks Wayne ...

Add XmlNode
Here I have the definition of an XmlNode which is a property (PayPreference) on my Customer class containing an enum describing how the customer will pay. <PayPerference xsi:type="a4:Customer+CustomerPayOptions" xmlns:a4="http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/OsfDomain.Resources.Stage/OsfDomain%2C%20Version%3D1.0.0.1%2C%20Culture%3Dneutral%2C%20PublicKeyToken%3Dnull">cash</PayPerference> I now want to add this XmlNode to a different Xml file where the Customer class has not defined a PayPreference property. I get as far as locating the parent XmlNode ...

Want to add code to ThisOutlookSession, but other code already exists
Hi, I want to add the VBA code mentioned in the first part of this link to my Outlook 2003: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=72 The problem that I am running into is that I already have some code in my ThisOutlookSession that I would like to keep and if I just plop this code in before the other code, this new code doesn't work. If I drop the code mentioned in the link above into an empty ThisOutlookSession on another machine, it works fine. I am probably missing some simple step, but do very little with VBA in Outlook and have been unable to find what I am looki...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

how do I automatically add incremental numbers to a cell
Hi! I'm a bit thin on information, but have a look at Edit > Fill > Series Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26940 ...

Same mails are received repeatly
Hey I work at a training center and we use public outlook (sharefolder) in combination with outlook 2003. A few month back we worked with outlook 2000 and there was no problem. With this new change the following problem occured. When i sent a mail to for example 2 of my college's they both get my mail 2 times. We use mail rules to replace a received mail to the right folder. Everbody has a folder with his (or her) name and the rule says when a mail is received replace this mail to the folder with the name of the user. I think that the problem is that outlook sends my mail 2 times ...

add fileds to PWA view
Hi, I would like to add the predecessors & successors fileds to a project view in the PWA. It seems that these fileds are not in the list. Is there a way to display them? Thanks, Assaf. Hi Assaf, That’s funny, I have never realized. But there is a view where at least successor is included. You could copy that one and modify as required. Sorry, I can’t tell you the name of this view because I have currently no English system available. You could also create two new fields on task level with a formula for successor and predecessor. These fields can be used in projec...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

CombBox to SEARCH and ADD records.
Greetings, To clear up my previous post (much confusement in them!) I have a form where all navigation buttons have been created manually (hidden navigation bar). I want a combo box to allow user to both SEARCH and ADD new values. I can SEARCH with a combo box after using the button wizard (search records option) but cannot change its properties to add new values to the list. Can this be done with form/vba code? Thanks Rob Rob W wrote: > Greetings, > > To clear up my previous post (much confusement in them!) I have a > form where all navigation buttons have been created m...

setting up mail
I am trying to set up my mail but having difficulty doing so. I have received one email but am unable to send Thank You Your email account provider has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "CBalkcom" wrote in message news:eUfGqaBHLHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... I am trying to set up my mail but having difficulty doing so. I have received one email but am unable to send...

Outlook says that my e-mail address is invalid but it is NOT inval
I am using Microsoft Outlook in Microsoft Office XP. I complete the form to add my e-mail address to Outlook, and when I click "Test Account Settings", it says that my e-mail address is not valid but I checked and re-wrote it about 5 times and it still says that. I KNOW THAT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS VALID, BUT THE COMPUTER SAYS THAT IT ISN'T. ** Please reply me at computerboy72005@gmail.com What email address are you using? "Denis" <Denis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F57C596D-58F6-47C1-B660-34C31EBB6F33@microsoft.com... >I am using Micr...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

forwarding mail in outlook2003 ex2003
Is there a way to forward mail to an address outside of the address book? TIA, gary "Gary Hornbeck" <hornbeck@siskiyous.edu> wrote in news:#FQdtOleEHA.2848 @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > Is there a way to forward mail to an address outside of the address book? > TIA, > gary > > You can do this by putting the SMTP address of the user into a forward rule in Outlook. If you wanted to do this on the server using "Fowarding addresses" Delivery Option of the user object you would need to create a contact in the AD with the SMTP address then add the cont...

Default e-mail folder problem
I have never used Microsoft Outlook, but would like to. When I try to open the program, I receive the following error: Unable to open default e-mail folder. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service gwmsp1.dll. Be sure serivce is corrected installed and configured. Can anyone explain what I need to do here? ...

How do I combine multiple pub files and add page numbers?
What version Publisher? There is a utility Ed Bennett developed for Publisher 2007 that will combine Publisher documents. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools Once you have combined the documents, Insert, page numbers. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jlehr" <jlehr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0688C65F-50E5-445D-8295-00B12DCB3A55@microsoft.com... > ...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Form/Subform Will Not Open
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in me...

Hot news on SCYF ...
SCYF Anticipates Revenue Exceeding $15 Million over the next 12 months SCYF Creates joint venture with Consulting Group with over 70 years of combined experience. for more read at www.successfulstock.com ...