Will microsoft Outlook 2003 use outlook express 2003 for my email

I cannot get the program to send emails through outlook when I get a prompt.
I geerally am using outlook expressas my email producer but somehow Outlook
doesn't send emails via this
0
Alemap (1)

Outlook Express doesn't use Outlook for anything, and vice versa. If you
want to use Outlook, you need to figure your mail accounts in *that*
program, and stop using Outlook Express.

"Alemap" <Alemap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I cannot get the program to send emails through outlook when I get a
prompt.
: I geerally am using outlook expressas my email producer but somehow
Outlook
: doesn't send emails via this

0
tom1577 (119)
7/1/2009 4:48:14 PM
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express are 2 separate email
programs. Configuring one doesn't configure the other. So if you want to
send via Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 as well, you'll have to configure
your account via Tools-> Email Accounts...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Alemap" <Alemap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot get the program to send emails through outlook when I get a
> prompt.
> I geerally am using outlook expressas my email producer but somehow
> Outlook
> doesn't send emails via this

0
Roady

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Errors
We have recently upgraded to CRM4.0 from 3. The client workstation is running Windows Vista Business with Outlook 2007 and CRM4.0 Client for outlook. My event log on the workstation is getting a ton of these errors. An error occured retrieving data from Microsoft CRM server for processing Microsoft CRM related e-mail messages. Not all CRM-related e-mail messages may have been marked appropriately. Verify that the current user has appropriate permissions and server connectivity and try the action again. HR=0x80131509. Context=. Function=CEmailTagger::Run. Line=343 Some features that are...

Outlook 2007 & Winrar
Hi, I just installed Winrar 3.62 in Vista RTM with Outlook 2007 in it also. Now whenever I right click something and get the dialog "compress and email" or "compress to untitled.rar and e-mail" nothing happens. I looked it up at Winrar and faq over there said that the e-mail has to support MAPI???? I'm not sure what any of this means, but it does nothing at all, not even open Outlook to send e-mails. My friend said it works fine for her, Vista RTM, Outlook 2007, and Winrar 3.62. Hmm, nothing happens when I try to compress and e-mail anything. Any help? Jeff ...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

Diffrent when emailing, Why?
I have an invoice with gridlines turned on, preview looks good, printed output looks good, but when I email it some of the gridlines are black rather than grey. I cant seem to make any of them change color they all stay on automatic, unless I use format cells on the toolbar, then only some of the cells change color. Any Ideas? Thanks Dave ...

Charting 2003 to 97.
Hi all, Have created an XLS in 2003 that works well. Not having used PivotTables or PivotCharts prior, I've managed to do what I intended. Update the raw-data, PivotTables and respective charts. That's in 2003, sadly the charts won't update in 97 and this is where I'm needing assistance. I've little VBA experience and realistically have stumbled my through this little project; but learning where and when I can. Again, any assistance in updating the charts in a Excel-97 environment would be appreciated. Cheers, Cameron ************************************************* Pr...

exporting profiles in outlook
I have about 20 users set up in an outlook profile on a computer i want to use al those profiles on about 10 more computers. Is there a way to export these and import them on the other 10? ...

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
I accessed my PST file with a laptop that had Outlook 2003 and now my outlook 2000 always hangs on close. There is a likely a free fix for it which involves contacting support but that is a very difficult thing to do. I don't want to do the credit card game for something that should not be broken. New stuff at PSS - if you're calling for a hotfix, you don't have to play the credit card game ... >-----Original Message----- >I accessed my PST file with a laptop that had Outlook 2003 >and now my outlook 2000 always hangs on close. There is a >likely a...

Look at this internet update from Microsoft #2
--ytkrhouhsmvtwymk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wajrcpluuhvmlrux"; type="multipart/alternative" --wajrcpluuhvmlrux Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nnfdfdvn" --nnfdfdvn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

Microsoft publisher software
I use Windows XP Home Edition with Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 which has Word 2003. I'm trying to put together a Chapbook of poetry and am looking for Microsoft Publisher. Does my version of Word 2003 have any ability to accesss and use Microsoft Publisher. Bottom line, how, considering the software I use, do I obtain and install Microsoft Publisher? Mordido <Mordido@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Bottom line, how, considering the software I use, do I > obtain and install Microsoft Publisher? Step 1: Go to a compute...

Outlook 2003 question #6
What is causing everyone's email to me to have a bright yellow background? I do not have Word as my default text editor. I want the emails to come back to me with a normal background. I realize some have stationary and this will come to me as such, but I am certain that not EVERYONE that has sent me email today has it set to come in a bright yellow background. Please help! ...

How to use downloaded API in our VC++ project
Hello, I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should I have to add that dll and store it. How can I use that API. Thanks That depends upon what type of API is it. If its a library and comes with a header file(s). YOu will need to include the relevant header file(s) in your project. You will need to then link against the library. If its a COM server, the situation changes completely. All instructions of using it should come with it. ---------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com koti wrote: > Hello, > > I have downloaded an API with its dll. Where should ...

Mounting Exchange 2003 databases after /disasterrecovery install
We have a situation where it appears a clean rebuild of our Exchange 2003 server is in order. Currently the topology of th server is the following Exchange 2003 Server Standard Edition with Exchange 2003 Server Enterprise installe c: drive is raid 1 for O d: drive is raid 1 for log e: drive is raid 5 for message store database If the server is shutdown cleanly before install, meaning that the Exchange db shutdown was clean as well, can I 1. Wipe drive C: clean and reinstall Windows 2003 server with any updates/hotfixes necessar 2. Reinstall Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition using t...

Where does outlook store account information
Hello, I need to write a program that creates Outlook email accounts on user computers. Before I can get started I need to know where Outlook stores email account information for a user. Any ideas? I just need to know for Outlook, not Outlook Express. Aaron Registry and you will want to take a look at the respective Office Resource Kit for whichever version of Office/Outlook you are working with. Office Resource Kit files are a free download from the Microsoft web site. "junk@poorstudents.us" <af@poorstudents.us> wrote in message news:1102889876.664590.255140@c13g2...

Publisher 2003 digtial imaging
I am trying to install the Pub. 2003 w/digital imaging on my computer. I currently have an XP with the office works suite 2003. I keep gettting an error message that the patch package could not be opened. WHat can I do to get this onto my computer. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: >I am trying to install the Pub. 2003 w/digital imaging on > my computer. I currently have an XP with the office works > suite 2003. I keep gettting an error message that the > patch package could not be opened. WHat can I do to get > this onto my computer. ========================...

Mobile Express for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, The current release of Mobile Express for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is available in English only. I need know when is available in Spanish? Hello, Mobile Express for other languages is now available. Please check the following blog posting for more information: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/10/22/update-rollup-7-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0.aspx Thanks! -- ======================== Manoj Kithany [MSFT] Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ======================== "Katyc" <Katyc@discus...

Outlook Connector with Saving Sent Mail into Outlook Folders
I've recently downloaded the Outlook Connector as an add-in to Outlook 2003 to conduct my Hotmail (Live Mail) send/receive activity from Outlook. I'm not sure what I gained as the previous way of integrating Hotmail with Outlook seemed sufficient (except it kept crashing on startup if I had received mail in my Hotmail account). Anyway, I'm using the new Outlook Connector now and I've noticed one thing different than the way I used to interact with Hotmail that's a real concern. When I create a new mail message to send through Hotmail, I've always gone to the Opti...

Redirect all incoming and outgoing email to\from a specific addres
I have an office manager that would like to be able to receive copies of all email coming from or going to specific addresses. Is there a way to do this? I am running Exchange 2003, SP2. I don't want to depend on forwards set at the mailbox level because I don't want to redirect (or forward) all the mail. Nor do I know which mailboxes I would need to target. Thanks for the help. GFI Mail Essentials will do this at www.gfi.com. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Midwest Muskie" <MidwestMuskie@discussions.microsof...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer using any of the configured protocols.
Good day, Recently we took out one of our servers in our Active Directory. Since it was taken out, in the last few days about 20,000 events of this type have been logged in the event log of one of our Domain Controllers. This WS2008 DC has most (maybe all) of the FSMO roles assigned to it. I have no idea where the events are being generated from or what they mean or how to stop them. What is happening here? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 8/05/2010 5:40:18 a.m. Event ID: 10009 Task Category: None Level: Err...

Outlook #130
When I try to open the Inbox in Outlook I get the following message: "Unable to display folder. The file C:\Windows\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied." All other components of Outlook work fine. Can anyone help me? ...

Does Exchange Server 2003 require AD?
Hi all! I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? Thanks for any information. Ooo Ooo oOO!!! I know this one!! AD is required :) tsc "San Diego Guy" <sandiegguy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:sf4ud.40$ve.22@fed1read06... > Hi all! > > I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. > or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? > > Thanks for any information. San Diego Guy wrote: > Hi all! &...

Outlook Thinks It's Off-line
Outlook always thinks it's offline, when it's really online (Verizon DSL). As a result, when I try to send emails, they go to the Outbox and stay there until I hit Send/Receive. When I hit Send/Receive, they are sent immediately. Outlook also receives emails as they arrive and Microsoft Messenger works fine. There is an Outlook Icon in my systray telling me that my computer is offline (which it isn't). I am using a current version of Outlook and XP Professional. Fiddeling with the icon doesn't help. Does anyone have any ideas that I can try to correct this? Thanks for y...

Report design in Microsoft CRM 3.0
We are trying to learn the report design methodology in MSCRM 3.0. I am using the supplied VPC image of MS CRM 3.0 with the Adventure Works data, which has the SQL SRS already installed on it. I have tried to install Visual Studio both into the image and onto the laptop that is running the image but have failed with both. It seems that it will install onto the image directly, and when it is installed onto the laptop which is running the image, I cannot connect to the image. Please can someone step me through the process of creating an environment for learning the report design skills...

Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2003 Server running Sharepoint Services and Sharepoint Protal Server V2.0?
Will the standard install for CRM work on a Windows 2003 Server? Would there be any conflicts if the Windows 2003 server is already running Microsoft Project Server? Would there be any conflicts with Sharepoint Services V 2.0 or Sharepoint Portal Server V2.0? Bill Walter I attempted to run the CRM on 2003 Server, but quickly ran into issues accessing the workspace once installed. CRM 1.0 is not yet compatible with the .Net Framework 1.1 that's on 2003 Server "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Os304M1RDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... &g...