will installing remove all emails?

Will installing Office XP from 2000 pro get rid of all my emails in Outlook?
Thanx
Max
0
Maxinator (2)

"Maxinator" <Maxinator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will installing Office XP from 2000 pro get rid of all my emails in
> Outlook?
> Thanx
> Max

No it shouldn't do, but as in any scenario, backup just in case.

0
gordon7598 (483)
7/21/2006 10:42:54 AM
Gordon's advice is very sound. When in doubt, always back up your data.
Here's great information on how to do it:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Maxinator" wrote:

> Will installing Office XP from 2000 pro get rid of all my emails in Outlook?
> Thanx
> Max
0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/21/2006 5:04:03 PM
thanx heapz!

"K. Orland" wrote:

> Gordon's advice is very sound. When in doubt, always back up your data.
> Here's great information on how to do it:
>
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "Maxinator" wrote:
>
> > Will installing Office XP from 2000 pro get rid of all my emails in Outlook?
> > Thanx
> > Max
0
Maxinator (2)

TK article 865449 forces you to remove an invoice
Hello: I just wanted to see if anyone else has a hard time understanding this concept. If you review TechKnowledge article 865449, you will see that the ultimate goal of eliminating what basically is an invoice stuck in posting in SOP is to remove the invoice from history. There are two problems with this. One is the obvious--removing a document and therefore causing the system not to be able to report on it any longer. Two, if you type in a document number to remove in the Remove Sales History window, you may actually end up not just removing that invoice but any other sales docum...

Diffrent when emailing, Why?
I have an invoice with gridlines turned on, preview looks good, printed output looks good, but when I email it some of the gridlines are black rather than grey. I cant seem to make any of them change color they all stay on automatic, unless I use format cells on the toolbar, then only some of the cells change color. Any Ideas? Thanks Dave ...

Any way to replicate emails for short term remote backup???
Now that I have confused you as to what I want, let me explain. I have a client with SBS2k3 with Exchange loaded. Twice now it has crashed due to corruptions in the registry and files because of incompatible software. Both times I have lost all emails for the entire day. The server will boot but there may be some corruption in Active Directory or as in the last case the Exchange metabase file was corrupted I believe; plus it had other problems. End result is that on both occasions my client lost all emails on a particular day. What I believe is happening is that even though the informa...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

service
hi! which is the best (common) way to install something like a timer within a service? as everybody says using sleep was a poor thing (i agree) i am not sure how to achieve this. should i create a helper window that provides a timer? is it possible at all to use a helper window when the flag SERVICE_INTERACTIVE_PROCESS is not set? thanks philipp Timers depend on a windows message pump. You do not need to actually have a window to have a message pump but it is normal to do so. You may want to consider using WaitForSingleObject or WaitForMultipleObjects, it really depends on what your t...

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Mounting Exchange 2003 databases after /disasterrecovery install
We have a situation where it appears a clean rebuild of our Exchange 2003 server is in order. Currently the topology of th server is the following Exchange 2003 Server Standard Edition with Exchange 2003 Server Enterprise installe c: drive is raid 1 for O d: drive is raid 1 for log e: drive is raid 5 for message store database If the server is shutdown cleanly before install, meaning that the Exchange db shutdown was clean as well, can I 1. Wipe drive C: clean and reinstall Windows 2003 server with any updates/hotfixes necessar 2. Reinstall Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition using t...

should service pack 3 be installed?
about a year ago when service pack 3 for Windows XP was released, there was some controversy about it, in that it caused problems. Now that a year has passed, are there still reasons NOT to install SP 3, but to remain on using only SP 2? best, Aaron aaronep@pacbell.net wrote: > about a year ago when service pack 3 for Windows XP was released, > there was some controversy about it, in that it caused problems. > > > Now that a year has passed, are there still reasons NOT to install > SP 3, but to remain on using only SP 2? > > best, Aaron N...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

Redirect all incoming and outgoing email to\from a specific addres
I have an office manager that would like to be able to receive copies of all email coming from or going to specific addresses. Is there a way to do this? I am running Exchange 2003, SP2. I don't want to depend on forwards set at the mailbox level because I don't want to redirect (or forward) all the mail. Nor do I know which mailboxes I would need to target. Thanks for the help. GFI Mail Essentials will do this at www.gfi.com. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Midwest Muskie" <MidwestMuskie@discussions.microsof...

Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2003 Server running Sharepoint Services and Sharepoint Protal Server V2.0?
Will the standard install for CRM work on a Windows 2003 Server? Would there be any conflicts if the Windows 2003 server is already running Microsoft Project Server? Would there be any conflicts with Sharepoint Services V 2.0 or Sharepoint Portal Server V2.0? Bill Walter I attempted to run the CRM on 2003 Server, but quickly ran into issues accessing the workspace once installed. CRM 1.0 is not yet compatible with the .Net Framework 1.1 that's on 2003 Server "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Os304M1RDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... &g...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Send Email(s) by selecting users from user form
good day, i have created a user form which has 11 individuals, and three groups - using the checkbox for selections (name1, name2, name3, etc...) - the name is displayed, not the email. is it possible to create an email list based on the checkboxes to send an email to the selected individuals? i want to call the userform from within the Sub Mail_ActiveSheet_PDF_Outlook() macro if a condition on the worksheet is met - i can do this part; i know that the response needs to be set at the begining of the macro as a string so i know i need to add "Dim selection As String...

Removing the password requirement when importing/opening a pst fil
I backed up and also archived several outlook pst files. I've since resaved them from CDs to my hardrive and removed the read only attribute. Nevertheless, everytime I try to open them I get a dialog box asking for the password. The problem is, I never set a password in the first place. Does anyone know how to get around this? I've been trying to figure this out for months. Thanks Solly-man <Solly-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I backed up and also archived several outlook pst files. I've since > resaved them from CDs to my hardrive and removed the...

removing folders
I recently copied everything from Outlook Express on my oldest computer to my newest computer (both computers run WinXP SP3). I'll be taking the new one on a trip and want to delete some folders before I leave. What's the best way to do this to assure that the emails in the folders are no longer on the computer? Should I simply delete the folders in OE and then compact? Would it work better to go to the Store Folder and delete the folders there? (Is there any difference?) Thank you! Jo-Anne Delete any folders you want to get rid of. Then close OE and go to the ...

Exporting email addresses from mailing list
Outlook 2000... I have several mailing lists (Groups) in my contacts folder and I want to export some of them to Access or Excel. Just the names and the email addresses. Can this be done and if so, how do I do it? Paul Fenton pfenton@NOSPAMplgassociates.com Save them as .txt files. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Paul Fenton" <pfenton@plgassociates.com> wrote in message news:et1gu0dbs0vhc57elmpjig8phdibk4lii2@4ax.com...

Viewing Email
Hello all, Someone told me today that the network admisistrator can view all my incoming/outgoing email and anything that I leave on there server. Is this correct? If so is there any way to track and ensure my Net. Admin is not sitting all day reading email that are sending internally/externally? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. By Default the Exchange 5.5 allows Administrators unfettered access to everyone's mailboxes, however it's not like this in 2000 or 2003. The administrator can give himself/herself this permission if they choose to do so. The best thin...

CRM 4.0 Email Router Questions
Two questions for the experts regarding email tracking and how that works: 1. If I edit a CRM email in my outlook to have a new subject line, will the tracking token still remain in the background and track the email in CRM? Let's say someone replies to an email and the reply is tracked. I then change the subject, send and they reply again. 2. I have a CRM email in my Outlook and forward it to my manager with additional comments to keep them apprised of some progress, will the forwarded email be tracked in CRM? Thanks! 1) You don't say which version of CRM you are using. CRM 4 ...

Sending email from Outlook to Yahoo account:
Good Evening: My daughter uses Yahoo for her email account at college. When I send her an email using stationery or pictures, she can not see them, but if I send it from Outlook Express she can. Is there anything I can do in Outlook for her to view them instead of me going back and forth between emails? Thanks for your hel Christine <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My daughter uses Yahoo for her email account at college. When I send > her an email using stationery or pictures, she can not see them, but > if I send it from Outlook Express she can. Is there ...

Can't send Email
With Outlook (XP 2002) i have recently been unable to send emails I can receive but when i hit send and receive button nothing happens. when i go to email accouts and run test it passes. Creating a new message, i tried clicking on accounts button and i receive fatal error message. this problem has just started last night. i went to MS web site checked updates and downloaded today. Explorer works, Word is my email editor,... I cant think of anything else to add. Thank you ...

Can't Install Money 2004
Can anyone assist me. Somehow I have Money 2002 intalled on Windows XP. I think it was a freebie on some tax software I bought. I have been trying to uninstall it. I keep getting an error message that says "Error 1309 error reading file c:\Bundle\Money\iue\msaac01.wav" When I tried to intstall Money 2004, it said it would remove the Money 2002 but I keep getting that rror 1309 message. I went to the control panel to remove Money 2002 that way. This also didn't work. Please feel free to E-mail with suggestions. ...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Outlook 2003
I can't seem to find a setting for this. I just installed Outlook 2003 and I have to click on SEND/RECEIVE to get my mail. In OutlookXP, I could set a timer for this to happen automatically. Is this timer setting still there? -- Bill McCarthy bmccarthy69@hotmail.com Try Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Send Receive "W P McCarthy" <BillMcCarthy@NorthCoastSystems.com> wrote in message news:OgtzALFvDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I can't seem to find a setting for this. > > I just installed Outlook 2003 and I have to click on SEND/RECEIVE to get my > mail. ...

Duplicate Personal Folder removal instructions not working
I recently imported an Outlook 2003 .pst file from another machine. In the process I was left with two duplicate Personal Folders separate from the imported one I renamed to My Folders. In following the KB article titled "Remove a duplicate Personal Folders file" I attempted to close the Personal Folders only to find that the contents of these is the same as the contents of the one called My Folders. When I view the properties of the two duplicate Personal Folders it says the name is My Folders, despite the fact that the folder list displays them as "Personal Folders&qu...

remove bold from cell ref headers
On one of my worksheets it has put the cell headers ie A B C D across and 1 2 3 4 etc down in bold but other worksheets are ok how do I change this to remove bold? Many thanks in advance Angie Format|style|Normal|Modify|Font Tab|remove the Bolding (make it regular) Angiew wrote: > > On one of my worksheets it has put the cell headers ie A B C D across and 1 2 > 3 4 etc down in bold but other worksheets are ok how do I change this to > remove bold? > > Many thanks in advance > > Angie -- Dave Peterson ...