Why would someone get a read receipt if it wasn't set

Outlook 2000
Windows 2k

Someone got a message with a read-receipt and it wasn't set up for that. It
happened on two internal messages.

0
dfafda (10)

Are you using Exchange with Outlook?  If yes, the default behavior of
Outlook 2000 with Exchange is to send a read receipt.  The option is
normally greyed out so the user cannot change it.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Crimson asked:

| Outlook 2000
| Windows 2k
|
| Someone got a message with a read-receipt and it wasn't set up for
| that. It happened on two internal messages.

0
MillyS (3228)
8/6/2006 5:53:02 AM
Yes, we are using Exchange with Outlook.

It only happened on 2 messages and no one else ever gets this. It only
happened with one person.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Are you using Exchange with Outlook?  If yes, the default behavior of
> Outlook 2000 with Exchange is to send a read receipt.  The option is
> normally greyed out so the user cannot change it.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Crimson asked:
>
> | Outlook 2000
> | Windows 2k
> |
> | Someone got a message with a read-receipt and it wasn't set up for
> | that. It happened on two internal messages.

0
dfafda (10)
8/6/2006 1:39:10 PM
do they have a rule configured to request receipts?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Crimson" <dfafda@dakfjldas.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2000
> Windows 2k
>
> Someone got a message with a read-receipt and it wasn't set up for that.
> It
> happened on two internal messages.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/6/2006 7:26:15 PM
No rules at all

> do they have a rule configured to request receipts?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Crimson" <dfafda@dakfjldas.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook 2000
> > Windows 2k
> >
> > Someone got a message with a read-receipt and it wasn't set up for that.
> > It
> > happened on two internal messages.

0
dfafda (10)

What do you do if you have auto save set, but it is not working?
I have auto save in Excel set to every 5 minutes, but it is not auto saving the data. What should I do to fix it? Jennifer What version of Excel? XP (2002) & 2003 _do not_ have an AutoSave feature. If you are referring to AutoRecover (Tools>Options--Save), that is something totally different. It doesn't save your working file, but stores the data separately in a temporary file for recovery purposes in the event that XL or the system crashes while the file is open. HTH |:>) "Jennifer" wrote: > I have auto save in...

how can i get bigger letters
i cannot see the letters very well can i enlarge them Yes. Use the Zoom tool (location depends on your version of Word... an essential piece of information you didn't mention in your question). Or, if you have a wheel mouse, Ctrl+Wheel zooms. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "rabburns" <rabburns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A4DB522-4044-47D2-8FB3-33F18FE3D214@microsoft.com... > i cannot see the letters very well can i enlarge them ...

Exporting/Importing Mail Account Settings
I need to rebuild my pc again. I can happily save and restore my pst file, so I dont lose my mail, contacts & calendar, but I lose my mail account settings each time. Is there a way to backup/restore or import/export these settings? Thanks Chris CJM <cjmuk@remove.tesco.net> wrote: > I can happily save and restore my pst file, so I dont lose my mail, > contacts & calendar, but I lose my mail account settings each time. > > Is there a way to backup/restore or import/export these settings? The email account information is stored in the Registry. There is no exp...

Help Desk Read Only Administration
How can I give our help desk the ability to: 1. View mail queue 2. View mailbox sizes, limits 3. Not give them the ability to midify storage limits - this is given with a simple admin console install - not good! I assigned the view only delegation but have found its not granular enough. Per a tech net article, it seems I may have to manually assign all these rights? "In some cases, the Exchange Administration Delegation Wizard does not provide enough granularity for assigning security permissions. Therefore, for individual objects within Exchange, you can modify the settings on th...

Can mark unread email as "read"
My Outlook 2000 mailbox (connecting to a Exchange 5.5 Server) displays two unread mail items, but all items have been read. Marking all items as read does not unmark them. Any ideas? Doesn't help. The unread message shows up and cannot be marked "read". "Cris Spencer" <Outlooktech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#12FBGjUDHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > View, current view, Unread messages? > > > "Spin" <spin@spin.com> wrote in message > news:bfpipi$hpdjh$1@ID-156865.news.uni-berlin.de... > > My Outlook 2000 mailbox ...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

getting value from a cell into another cell behind a text string
Hi, I'd like to know how to get a value from a cell into another behind a text string by using a formula. For example, A B 1 20 Result (20) Thanks, Xianbo Use formatting Pull-down Format > Cells... > Number > Custom and the the field enter: "Result ("General")" The advantage of using formatting is that the cell can still be used for calculations -- Gary''s Student "Xianbo" wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to know how to get a value from a cell into another behind a text > string by using a formula. Fo...

How do I get XML in a string loaded into a dataset?
Using VB.net I have a string var (myXMLString) that contains some XML (gotten via a web service that returns xml) I want to load this xml into a dataset (myDataSet). But the myDataSet.ReadXML() method doesn't take a string as one of its overloads. If I write myXMLString to a file, then I can read it into myDataSet, but I want to skip that step. How can I load a string of XML directly into a DataSet? Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Thomas" <SendSpamHere@Spam.com> wrote in message news:ecPiogEJFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > But the myDataSet.ReadXML() method doesn&#...

get rid of empty nodes

Automatic marking messages read
I am using Outlook XP. How do I change the amount of time I have to look at a message in my inbox before Outlook automatically marks it as read? I know how to mark it as read manually. Daniel L Newhouse <danielnewhouse@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I am using Outlook XP. How do I change the amount of time I have to > look at a message in my inbox before Outlook automatically marks it > as read? Tools>Options>Other>Reading Pane >I know how to mark it as read manually. Edit>Mark as Read. You would do well to peruse your menus and options and to read the Help th...

"How does Money Get These Numbers?"
Hi! I know that there's a link to a rather vague answer for the above question in Microsoft Money, when it comes to how Money calculates existing data to crunch trended/budgeted items or spread a trended budget item across the cash forecast graph. The help entry shrugs it off like "Money uses your existing data." Duh. Does anyone have ideas of EXACTLY how Money totals and divides your existing budget items to create a budget entry? Does it add the value up and total by the number of months you've recorded? (My experiments don't line up close enough for me to be sure that...

how do i get to the back page of a postcard on publisher?
I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project and I can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other postcard to do the other side? From the menu bar, select Insert, Page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "rach" <rach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5ADEC20-3C30-4CF4-812D-782E06CDA213@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project > and I > can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other > postcard > to do the other side? ...

READ ONLY FILE IN USE BY ME!
Please help! Everytime I open up a file it says that the file is in use by me! I know I don't have it open already. Thanks! I don't know what causes that (I suspect it has something to do with computer crashes), but when it happens to a coworker...I contact our network admins and have them bounce that person off the file. Then all is well again. Hopefully, that will work for you, too. -- Regards, Ron Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a ...

You Save Amount on Receipts
Hi All, Occasionally the amount calculated for the "You Save" amount as printed on the customer recipts is total crap such as a tendered sale of $95.00 and it calculates and prints "You Save $87621387131" or something like that. Has anyone expreienced this before and what is the solution? As above, it only happens occasionally, but of course the impact is that all reports for sales, profit margins, etc... are useless. Regards Dan Levin ...

Registry Setting
Is there a listing of all the CRM 4.0 Default registry settings AND extended settings somewhere. ...

Help with Display Setting
Hi All, I designed an Excel Spreadsheet that not only contains programmed dropdowns and checkboxes, but other text line fill ins that cannot be resized due to the current design. Because of the structure, I’m now running into problems with certain users in regards to their Display setting of 120 DPI vs. the traditional 96 DPI. When I originally developed this, I set the spreadsheet to function at 100% Zoom level based on the assumption all users were set to 96 DPI. All of the checkboxes and fill ins are dependant on this setting. Without this size, the viewing screen is decreased and s...

The easiest way to get free cash!
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Outlook 2003 set up (Reg file)
Is there a regfile anywhere that I can use to set up a new user's mailbox automatically. We run exchange 2003 and office 2003. Basically the whole desktop setup is automatic, except for this part. I have to log in as them, open outlook and tell it servername and username. Seems like such a small step, there's got to be a way to automate it with %username% and an entry for servername... Have you looked at the Office Resource Kit for some instructions for installing Office via a Custom Installation or a GPO? http://office.microsoft.com/ork --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Getting default Outlook email address
I'm writing a .NET app which will run on a local workstation where Outlook 2003 is installed. I simply want to get the default email address of the current user. I've figured out how to get a MAPI- style address (OU=etc) but all I want is the plain-jane address (me@here.com). Here's how I get the MAPI address: Dim oApp As New Outlook.Application Dim oNS As Outlook.NameSpace = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Dim oRec As Outlook.Recipient = oNS.CurrentUser Dim sMapiAddressHere As String = oRec.Address Any help is greatly appreciated. To get the SMTP address from an Excha...

Getting straight lines in a best fit trendline of semi log data?
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed. I have been asked to create a graph that looks like this: http://www.jci.org/cgi/content/full/98/2/490/F4 It is a semi-log representation of a time series. I have created a spreadsheet here: http://ccbc.unc.edu/documents/logarithmic_test_graph.xls As you can see, the trendlines are curved. I have serched the archives but I'm missing a basic understanding of what to do. For example, the TREND function just gave me a specific value. If anyone can tell me how to make my clunky graph resemble the spiify published one, you will save both my...

Reading and writing GIF and PNG image files?
Is there any standard built-in way to do this in Visual C++? I would guess the most "standard" way would be the CImage class: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bwea7by5(VS.80).aspx http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/com-tech/atl/graphics/article.php/c3597/ but there are certainly a lot of other ways: http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/ Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:dY0%h.33133$OT4.16136@newsfe19.lga... > Is there any standard built-in way to do this in Visual C++...

How to set default formatting for pictures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I drop a screen capture into Word, it always puts it where I drop it. I guess it is automatically anchoring it. What I would like it to do it put it in at the insertion point, left justified, under the previous line. To get it to do this, I have to double-click each picture, select "Layout", choose Wrapping Style "In line with text" then choose radio "Horizontal Alignment Left", then click button "Advanced", and select Radio "Alignment" in the "Vertical" ...

set tab order in Access 2007
I can't figure out how to set the tab order for a form in Access 2007. I spent at least 20 minutes at the so-called online Access help and couldn't find this. It's easy to find for Access 2003, but not 2007. Indirectly related to this, F1 doesn't bring up help. Is there "help" associated with Access 2007? Thanks very much. Bob You have two ways of doing it in design view: 1) Right-click any object and select Tab Order 2) In the ribbon at the top, select Arrange. In the Control Layout section you'll see Snap to Grid and Tab Order I know 2007 takes a bit ...

Setting a conditional value in a query to perform an additional qu
Ok, I have a slight brain twister here and wondering if anyone could help shed some light on this. :) Im in the midst of creating a database that will hopefully replace a paper-based system of storing 'shift runsheets' from a 24/7 office. There is 3 shifts per 24 hours; Morning (6am-2:30pm), Afternoon (2pm-10:30pm) and Night (10pm to 6:30am). Each day it adds a new row of data to the table "shift" and users can peform searches on previous sheets by searching the table "previous" which links to "shift". When a user wishes to search, they select the ...

how i get data homogeneity
there is a formula for that i don't know it What is the degree of homogeneity you are trying to acheive? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200838 "new user" wrote: > there is a formula for that i don't know it See http://tinyurl.com/ccrec5 "new user" wrote: > there is a formula for that i don't know it i have a data and i want know the hohmogeneity for it ; 95 % of the normal distribution near the optimum point of its chart Maybe checking a statistics book to find the methodology is step 1. Then we can help you execute this in Excel best w...