why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails

--
thank you Keith

mole <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
<nothing>

Because Microsoft removed the ability to display anomation from Outlook
2007.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/29/2007 3:57:12 PM
Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter
security handling.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"mole" <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> --
> thank you Keith

0
pdschmid (158)
3/29/2007 4:02:11 PM
mole, you  wrote on Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:44:01 -0700:

> why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails

Due to security reasons this feature was disabled in Outlook 2007.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

~ Johanna

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

> Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter
> security handling.
>
> Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
> --------------
> http://pschmid.net
> ***
> Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
> ***
> Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
> RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
> OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
> ***
> Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed
>
> "mole" <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > --
> > thank you Keith

No, thank goodness!  Besides being a security risk, they are endlessly =
annoying.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Johanna Ruiz asked:

| Is there some way to override or adjust this?
|=20
| ~ Johanna
|=20
|=20
| "Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:
|=20
|| Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter
|| security handling.
||=20
|| Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
|| --------------
|| http://pschmid.net
|| ***
|| Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
|| ***
|| Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
|| RibbonCustomizer Add-In:
|| http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007:
|| http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote ***
|| Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed
||=20
|| "mole" <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
||=20
||| --
||| thank you Keith
0
MillyS (3228)

Where the Outlook 2003 Stat files are located ... I can only find.
Does anyone know where the Stationery Files are located for Outlook 2003. I need to change some of the names of my Stata Files since I can't seem to create extra folders to categorize them; ie., Holiday Stats, Bday Stats, Animated Stats, etc., but I can't find them in the same location that my OE Stat files are ... thanks so much ... ...

Equation Editor and Outlook 2003
I believe I've encountered a bug in Outlook 2003 regarding the use of Equation objects. But I don;t know how to report it to Microsoft. These are the details: In a Word doc I'd had an old equation object. I recently updated the equation to a more general for (specifically, if you care, a "5" was replaced with "2^s+1" In Word I selected the equation oject and copied it to the clipboard. In Outlook I created a new message and pasted the equation object into the message. It looked fine. However, when I sent the message, the *old* equation (the one with ...

MOVE MAILBOX ADVICE PLEASE: Problem occurs when moving mailbox from Exchange 5.5 Server to another Exchange 5.5 Server
I would be very grateful if someone could assist in the following problem: We recently bought a new server to update our existing Exchange 5.5 server setup. The old server has been running for a while now, the new server is now also an Exchange 5.5 server. We are able to use "Move Mailbox" on the old server to move an account to the new server. From the moved mailbox, we are able to check the email, send email out to everyone on this server, the internet, and the old server. The problem we are having only appears when the newly moved mailbox is expecting an email. For example, if an...

Create a formula with a moving cell
I need to create a formula that automatically moves to the next cell containing data. I update reports weekly and want a summary formula to include the "new" data in the cell below. Any suggestions? hi what kind of data? numeric? text? you would probably need a dynamic named range to sum. see this site. http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm it explains the process. regards FSt1 "iamjbunni" wrote: > I need to create a formula that automatically moves to the next cell > containing data. I update reports weekly and want a summary formu...

Outlook 2003 Rules #5
I have some rules in Outlook 2003 that only fire when I fire them manually. I can't figure out why they don't fire automatically. Any ideas? thanks, Bruce ...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

Missing attachments from emails
My Director travels to Libya regularly and has set Outlook so that it doesn't download attachments to emails immediately, he will mark which ones he wants to download. If the email is delivered and he decides to mark for download immediately, the attachment is there. However, if the email has been delivered a while ago and he marks for download, the attachment disappears. We have tried so many things to correct this, including rebuilding his profile, but to no effect. PLEASE, does anyone out there have a solution? It's driving him mad.... ...

Excel 2007 Pivot Sorting Not Working
Pivot table contains the following columns: Item No. / Ord Date / Ord No. / Cust No. / Cust Name / Ord Status / Ord Qty. The sorting is on Item No., Ord Date and Ord Qty., all ascending. The sorting on the first two columns seems to be fine,however, the sorting on Ord Qty does not appear to be working. The tertiary sorting is instead on Ord No. column. How can I force the pivot to be sorted by Item, Date and then Qty? ...

Outlook instructions
Can I download a simple, brief introductory manual to outlook to circulate around the office to help out those who have never used it before.-- Thanks, Mijitarica You can start here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx Otherwise, it is not hard to create a basic Introduction to Outlook training course yourself. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mijitarica ...

How Do i move an open email so i dont have to see it?
when i am scrolling down my e-mails , which ever email is highlighted i can see on the right part of outlook. I dont want it to be there, How can I move it to the bottom of outlook? You want to adjust your VIEW. Open Outlook Select VIEW from the menu Select READING PANE Click on BOTTOM Nikki Peterson "Lindsay Mc" <Lindsay Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ADBFCAB-70DF-4864-BEE7-EFD24BD15F93@microsoft.com... when i am scrolling down my e-mails , which ever email is highlighted i can see on the right part of outlook. I dont want it to be there, How can I...

How do I get rid of Business cards in Outlook 2007?
I was recently forced to change to Office 2007 (The WORST rendition of OFFICE in 10 years) and I am sick of over 1/4 of my screen being taken up by this stupid business card in my contacts, how can I get rid of it? I don't want it nor do I need it ever. Who is forcing you to use that view? -- Russ Valentine "BB" <BB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B92567E-2134-498E-AD10-8CF6D8BCFB59@microsoft.com... >I was recently forced to change to Office 2007 (The WORST rendition of >OFFICE > in 10 years) and I am sick of over 1/4 of my scree...

Outlook Archive #3
How do I retrieve messages from the archive? Thanks. Just open the archiv's Inbox or Sent Items folder, then drag and drop the message you want into your current folder. -- "Levada" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bc4e01c479d9$b288f240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I retrieve messages from the archive? Thanks. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/readarchive.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

moving content
I bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2003 on it. How can I transfer all my email, contacts, etc from my old computer that uses Outlook 2002? I have a home network. Thanks just export to a personal folders (pst) file from 02k, then close o2k and import the file into o2003. N "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e101c3cf1f$e0cc7f60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2003 on it. > How can I transfer all my email, contacts, etc from my old > computer that uses Outlook 2002? I have a home netw...

emails #16
how do i send a email when there is no button that says send???on my new Outlook 2003 system?? Gail Have you configured an account to use Outlook with? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Gail" wrote: > how do i send a email when there is no button that says send???on my new > Outlook 2003 system?? > > Gail ...

Missing Email..
From what I can figure some emails went MIA. Our CFO called into the helpdesk saying he did not get an email from the bank that he gets everymorning... Long story short did some investigating --- ESM messaging tracking, our mail filtering/queing service and he log on our exchange box. What i see is that the logs show the email comming in to the excahnge box but message tracking never shows them in ESM. I would assume that this mean the messages came into the SMTP engine but for some reason never made it to the database or mailbox. Any thought or ideas? We are worried that this same t...

what is the safe senders list in outlook 2003?
It's a list of email addresses for the Junk email filter of addresses that will be ignored by the filter "j-man" <j-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE91BE4B-D135-4A13-8D1D-6110625B4269@microsoft.com... > ...

Animated chart
Jon Peltier recently posted an article called "Gas Price Interactive Time Series" on his blog. Can anyone please explain how the animation works? The chart plots the data in the first two rows of the data sheet. The scroll bar under the chart is linked to cell A1 in the data sheet. This corresponds to the row of the data list which is listed in row 2 of the data sheet and plotted in the chart. The first row of the data sheet contains series names, which do not change. The second row extracts the values from the proper row using this formula: cell B2: =INDEX(B$9:B$808,$A$1) ...

Submit button to email for request form to be approved/denied
Hello everyone, I sent a message earlier about the submit button in access. What I have designed is a form that a user can go into and enter information then once they hit the submit button it will go to the specified email address but I don't particularly know how to code it. The way it is designed I think I would have to have different forms so that the user can submit it then it will go to another form. The approving parties will approve or deny the request then submit the information back, then that email will shoot back to the user who requested approval. Can anyone help me on...

animation in outlook 2000
I receive mail all the time that has anmatied art in it. Each tiem i attemp to send an email messge by inserting an anmited clip the clip becomes a still picture. What meus be done to maintina the animation? Set your email format to HTML. (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message. Click in the body of the message. Select INSERT from the menu Select PICTURE... Browse to an animated jpg or gif file and select it or Set your email format to HTML (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message Click in the body of the message Find an animated picture on a web site or suc...

Outlook 2003 & text messages
When you want to text message someone's cell phone from your computer you use their cell phone number as their address. When I do this Outlook gives me an error message that it doesn't recognize it as an email address (I assume because there is no @whatever) and will not let me send. I do not see a way to override this and send anyway, surely it must be there. Could someone please tell me how to do this. Thanks in advance... Bob you have to send it as an email with the @ sign your computer is not a phone "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message n...

Moving Public Folder posts to PST file
My company is required to archive all email messages, I have set up a Public Folder to work with message journaling and it serves it's purpose well. My problem is now that the folder has grown quite large I would like to archive it by exporting to PST files. When I try exporting the "posts" from the retained mail folder to a PST file the operation always completes, but it does not have the right amount of mail messages. Anyone ever heard of this? And anyone know how to fix it? On 6 Dec 2005 11:56:31 -0800, "texizboy" <jasonlec@gmail.com> wrote: >My company i...

why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails
-- thank you Keith mole <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: <nothing> Because Microsoft removed the ability to display anomation from Outlook 2007. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter security handling. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote *** Subsc...

receiveing the same email three times
My outlook express died on me, therefore I had to start using outlook 2000, which was fine bit of a pain to get used to but, anyway since using outlook 2000, I am getting the same email from everyone three times. Why is this? It is soing my head in as my outlook is very full and it is taking me some time to get rid of the ones that are duplicated. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Workflow
I need to create a rule to do the following:- An email requesting an action is sent to a user. The system needs to check that if this email is not responded to within a specified period it will alert that user's manager. Is there a way of doing this and if so, how. Thanks in anticipation We have not seen that CRM workflow could address this. CRM workflow is dependent on objects in the CRM schema. An email to a recipient can be triggered by CRM workflow but once the email is in the users Exchange inbox it outside the reach of CRM workflow. You could have the status of the initiating ...

Move data to right with variable rows
I have a large spreadsheet with corrupted data. I can identify several types of bad data and have correct the data in these rows but one particluar type is giving me problems. Because the spreadsheet is large I used filtering and visible cell commands to correct blocks of data. This seems to work fine but one type is still not working so I am trying a row by row logic search. In this case the bad data needs to move from cell column B to C with the range through L. So any data in the range B through L in the selected row is copied if the contents of L ="N". A cel...